Post Reply 8252 posts
Your last gig and your next gig...
    viathyn
    Commander

Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

by viathyn » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:55 am

Yeah it looks like doors open here at 7 as well. That means varg must have gone on right at 7:30 or something if wintersun played an hour and eluveitie was already half done by 11, factoring in changeovers.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

• Jebus_Cripes
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jebus_Cripes » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:00 am

viathyn wrote:Yeah it looks like doors open here at 7 as well. That means varg must have gone on right at 7:30 or something if wintersun played an hour and eluveitie was already half done by 11, factoring in changeovers.

Yup, that sounds about right.
    2014 WL: Kalmah\Dark Tranquillity\Amon Amarth\Blind Guardian\Insomnium\At the Gates\Before the Dawn\Be'Lakor\Dark Age\Omnium Gatherum\Hypocrisy\Suidakra\Scar Symmetry\Skyfire\Gojira\Ghost\Swallow the Sun\Wintersun\Gardenian\Immortal\Rotting Christ
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:33 pm

last was Anathema and next will be Rob Zombie with Marlyn Manson on Sunday in Munich.
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:51 pm

my next show will be on Sunday, Revocation and The Faceless... this will be awesome!
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CemeterySkyline-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-Souldrainer-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-Stortregn-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:56 pm

Just got back from the second Arch Enemy show. Wow. Apparently, they'll use footage of both nights for their next DVD. :headbanger:
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:48 pm

Wintersun just raped me to death. Multiple times. Unreal.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

• AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:05 am

viathyn wrote:Wintersun just raped me to death. Multiple times. Unreal.

It's not rape if you begged for it.
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:17 am

viathyn wrote:Wintersun just raped me to death. Multiple times. Unreal.

How was it? How did they compensate for all those layers of sound in the album?
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:30 am

Warning - uber long post ahead! :lol:

Last gig: Goatwhore & High on Fire at the Double Door last night - outstanding!

Third time seeing Goatwhore and my opinion that they are one of the best live bands around was confirmed once again. I know I say this kinda thing a lot, but Ben Falgoust and the guys just totally bring the exhilarating energy - they make you feel it in your bones....in your soul! :shock: :D At most shows, I like to start out standing really close (first couple rows) to the stage, and then move back at some point for the larger view, different vantage point. Did that for both Goatwhore & High on Fire. From talking to people, it seemed that High on Fire was the main draw (and it was sold out - 550 capacity venue)....but Goatwhore were well received and the place went totally nuts for Apocalyptic Havoc!!! Love that song! http://youtu.be/_u8rVrUDgRU :metalguy: It was jam-packed in there, and somehow the pit got larger & crazier - good thing I was standing behind it at that point. Anyway - great, great show! :cool:

There was quite a long break between Goatwhore & High on Fire and I ended up talking to lots of diehard HoF fans - I only know HoF from seeing them once (opening for Opeth years ago) and from one album I bought at the time - Death is this Communion. They are no doubt a great band, but I must say I was surprized by the sheer reverence that some of the guys I talked to (and it was def a high majority male crowd) have for the lead singer/guitarist Matt Pike. When a few I talked to found out I didn't know of his other band Sleep - they couldn't talk about it enough!! (omg! Sleep? You HAVE to listen to them!!) I really love talking to people like that who are so enthusiastic & passionate about whatever band they are into because I know I'm that way when I talk about my favorites. :beerwink: Will definitely check out some Sleep! HoF was great btw, and I was first row for the first three songs or so, but moved back, partly because I was getting bumped around too much by the pit people, and partly because I didn't plan on necessarily staying for their whole set, as I have tons going on this weekend and didn't want to stay out too late. Watched a few more songs from farther back in the venue (man, was it PACKED in there), and then walked the short distance home. Perfect kinda night all around - spent the earlier part of the evening at a neighbor's party with my husband & kids (from about 6-9:30 pm) and then trotted over to Double Door for my 2.5 hour or so metal fix. :mrgreen:

One last thing, met a really nice local Chicago guy who was on 70K 2011 and yet somehow I'd never met him there or at any other local shows (although somewhat understandable since he is mainly into doom & thrash and not a black or folk metal fan as I am primarily a fan of those genres). Anyway, it was great fun talking about 70K, Wacken (he really wants to go someday & noticed my WOA jacket), MDF (he's going for the first time in 2013), and so on.

Next show is Eluveitie, Wintersun, Varg on Tuesday with Bargers Nikki, Noel, & Nicole...can't wait to hear all the Barge stories!! And that may be my last gig of 2012! Whew! It has been quite a great year for music for me from 70K 2012 to Joshua Bell to Death Cab for Cutie (twice! :D ) to Rammstein to The B-52s to Behemoth to Peter Gabriel to Paganfest to Beethoven's 5th Symphony to Ted Nugent to Ministry to Dead Can Dance to Yes to Napalm Death at the Barge pre-party. Kind of overwhelming to me (in a good way) when I think about it. :D
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:59 pm

Lat gig was Barge to Hell. I think 70K is next. Can't recall any show plans until the next ship.

Behemoth was the last band I saw on Barge then headed to karaoke. The last karaoke performance was KevinP and WizardBeast. :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:55 pm

jodionline wrote:last was Anathema and next will be Rob Zombie with Marlyn Manson on Sunday in Munich.

I asked Andy if Anathema would ever be a possibility, since they aren't metal anymore and he said that they used to be metal and that it's a similar case as Tiamat, who are booked so it's not ruled out.

Oh man, I'd be the happiest gal ever!
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:34 pm

viathyn wrote:
    Lala wrote:Freedom call, though... well I guess I just don't fully understand the appeal. When Rhapsody isn't the cheesiest band on a bill, well...
    :lol:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
  • Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:41 am

Last: Barge to Hell
    Tonight: Sum 41 at the Culture Room in Fort Lauderdale (does anyone who's still around feel like joining?)
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:55 am

mooyagi wrote:Lat gig was Barge to Hell. I think 70K is next. Can't recall any show plans until the next ship.

Behemoth was the last band I saw on Barge then headed to karaoke. The last karaoke performance was KevinP and WizardBeast. :lol:

The master of Karaoke and his mistress. D’oh! LOL
    Were they a good show? :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.O.D. was my highlight of last night’s gig.
    Maybe Andy would consider booking a band or two like them for 70000?
    How did Corrosion of Conformity do on BTH?
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:43 am

Michael D. wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Lat gig was Barge to Hell. I think 70K is next. Can't recall any show plans until the next ship.

The master of Karaoke and his mistress. D’oh! LOL
    Were they a good show? :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

They were entertaining. Rhia's great at working a crowd and when Kevin gets into it his entire gigantic head turns bright red.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:00 pm

My gig pictures are notoriously bad quality :lol: (usually from my phone), but I must say I like this one I took of Ben Falgoust, lead singer of Goatwhore on Friday night in Chicago. He moves around a lot, so I'm glad I was able to get him standing somewhat still. :P This guy is just an AMAZING live performer/frontman - up there in my book with Nergal, Kyo, Johan, Mortuus, Till, Erlend, and a handful of others. I think Goatwhore would be a great UMC cruise band someday!!!

And I was literally this close to the stage which was great (somewhat easy to do in a smallish venue like Double Door) - although I did crop the pic a bit to enlarge.

And here is another favorite song of mine they performed that night....
    Alchemy of the Black Sun Cult: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC1J2yN7tW0

:metalguy: :metalguy: :metalguy:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:17 am

last night was The Faceless & Revocation
    next show is Friday, I'll be goin' to San Diego and seeing Metalachi!!!
    Last edited by DrinkMoxie on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CemeterySkyline-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-Souldrainer-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-Stortregn-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:01 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:last night was The Faceless & Revocation
    next show is Ffriday, I'll be goin' to San Diego and seeing Metalachi!!!

LIKE!
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:08 pm

Jake, I had no idea u were at the Chili Peppers. Where were you sitting? Wintersun and Eluveitie were AMAZING
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:41 am

Next: This Friday Mörbit Vomit and The Iniquity Descent @On the Rocks, Helsinki with Markku
    And next week we have Metalheim Festival @Nosturi with Shining, Enochian Crescent, Ofermod and Kuolemanlaakso lined up.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:55 am

Last few shows:

The Who on 11/27/12
    Napalm Death/Municipal Waste/HellWitch on 12/2/2012
    Barge To Hell on 12/3-7/2012
    High On Fire/Goatwhore/Lo Pan on 12/8/12
    Eluveitie/Wintersun/Varg on 12/9/12

Not sure what is next. Possibly Battlecross/Abiotic on 12/12/12 (working?), The Faint on 12/13/12 or Veil of Maya on 12/16/12 (working?) . For sure will be at Steel Panther on 12/20/2012.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:19 pm

Last gig: Nightwish & Floor Jansen - Imaginaerum Tour Mexico City
    Next gig: 70K TOM 2013 !!! :death: :deathhorns: :shred: :bangers:
    Frozen Crown-Therion-Iced Earth-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Powerwolf-Nanowar of Steel-Alestorm-Wintersun-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-Kalmah-Skeletonwitch-Mago de Oz-LuciferianLightOrchestra-Scepticflesh
  • Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:47 am

Sunday: Sum 41 (Culture Room, Fort Lauderdale, FL)
    Tonight: Uriah Heep (ECI Cultuurfabriek, Roermond, NL)
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:40 pm

Tuup wrote:Sunday: Sum 41 (Culture Room, Fort Lauderdale, FL)

Sometime around 2003, I took my daughter to see Sum 41 here in Vancouver at the Croatian Cultural Centre (capacity @ 500?). We went for Sum 41 and had a blast but were totally blown away by Billy Talent and left there in complete agreement that they were going to be huge. So, yesterday she texts me asking if there's anything I'd like from her for my b'day or xmas. I prefer surprises so said 'What DO ya get for the Dad who has everything?' She lol'd back. Couple hours later I'm reading the Georgia Straight and see that Sum 41 is opening for Billy Talent at the 12,000 seater arena across the street from me next March. Needless to say, I texted her back. 'I know what you're getting me for Xmas now'

:lol:

Looking forward to it :shred:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:53 am

Saw Billy Talent at Graspop once, not my cup of tea at all. Sum 41 was quite nostalgic for me, hadn't seen them live in 10 years and they played a lot of old stuff. And ending it with Pain For Pleasure :D

Staying metal-less for the moment:

Last: Uriah Heep
    Next: Mostly Autumn
  • KeithYorkMetal
    Petty Officer

by KeithYorkMetal » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:12 am

Last gig- Vans Warped Tour 2012
    Next..possibly- 70k Tons
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:05 am

Last Sunday: Rob Zombie and Marlyn Manson in Munich. Was really great, I had not expected. But I liked Rob more than Mason.
    Next: 70.000 Tons of Metal :bangers: :bangers: :bangers: :bangers: :bangers: :bangers: :bangers: :bangers: :bangers: :bangers:
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:49 am

Cool recent gigs all!

Last gig: Varg, Wintersun, & Eluveitie on Tuesday night - great and a fantastic way to end another excellent music year.

Next (metal) gig: ENSLAVED at Reggie's on February 3rd - soooo excited to hear some of the brilliant new album performed live. :beerhorns:

In the next few days, I plan on checking out what is going on at Symphony Center & the Civic Opera House (2 spectacular venues) in the month of January and buying some tix for the family & me for at least a few events that month (for Christmas gifts - nice because it will be a present for me too :P ). Looking forward to January!
    metalgoddess
    Midshipman

by metalgoddess » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:57 am

My last gig was Dying Fetus/Cattle Decapitation on Wednesday.

Next gig, I actually get to play tonight! I'm playing bass on Slayer's "South of Heaven" tonight at our 11th Annual All Star Porn Jam benefit show.

Last year we raised over $2,000 for NW Harvest and PAWS.

And, I'm going to Lamb of God tomorrow night! Another GREAT week and weekend of metal! :cheers:
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:08 am

All star porn jam? :shock:
    metalgoddess
    Midshipman

by metalgoddess » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:21 am

KDibildeaux wrote:All star porn jam? :shock:

Yes. It has NOTHING to do with porn. LOL Marky Mark from Windowpane tagged it that in the first year, in 2002. It just stuck. Many of us refer to it as ASPJ. ;)

Hodgy and I play it every year. We are actually both in the picture on the event page:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/521656151195363/
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:49 am

Last night was Metalachi in San Diego... they were a ridiculous amount of fun, everybody needs to see that!
    Wednesday will be Eluveitie & Wintersun & Varg back in Pittsburgh
    Last edited by DrinkMoxie on Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:39 am

metalgoddess wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:All star porn jam? :shock:

Yes. It has NOTHING to do with porn. LOL Marky Mark from Windowpane tagged it that in the first year, in 2002. It just stuck. Many of us refer to it as ASPJ. ;)

Hodgy and I play it every year. We are actually both in the picture on the event page:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/521656151195363/

Haha I was wondering if you had a second career or something :lol:. Sounds like fun! (Even without the porn :lol:)
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:57 pm

Last gig: Dark Funeral. Was a good show, but it's not 2am on the pool deck awesome. :bmhorns:

Next gig: Nightwish - WITH FLOOR!! :headbanger:
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
  • AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:28 pm

Last gig: Sunn O))) and Earth
    Next gig: Paul Dianno
    VorpalBunny
    Petty Officer

by VorpalBunny » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:27 pm

Last Gig: Sonic Forge 2012
    Next Gig: Family Annual Christmas-song-caterwauling.

Next Gig (serious): Marduk (WITH PORTAL) in the New Year
  • Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:57 am

Yesterday: Iced Earth & Evergrey (Antwerp, Belgium)
    Saturday: Kreator & Morbid Angel (Oberhausen, Germany)
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:32 am

Today:
    ICED EARTH
    EVERGREY
    STEEL ENGRAVED
    DEADSHAPE FIGURE
    Matrix, Bochum - Germany
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - survived
    2023 - NO

www.lalasreisen.de
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:02 am

Last show: Steel Panther last night
    Next show: (possibly?) Concrete Blonde on Saturday
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:23 am

AlaskaRachel wrote:Last gig: Sunn O))) and Earth

Oh, wow! I am so jealous :cry: I'd love to see Sunn. Saw Earth a couple months ago, they were amazing. Both of them together would be so great!
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
Post Reply 8252 posts