Post Reply 8047 posts
Your last gig and your next gig...
    WizardBeast
    Captain

Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

by WizardBeast » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:44 pm

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Denver forumite meetups rule. :shred:
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:27 pm

metalgoddess wrote:
    TOM CRUISE wrote:Last gig was Barge to Hell.

Next gigs

January 12th- Weapon/Mitrochondrian/Auroch/Tyrant's Blood- Astoria Pub, Vancouver, BC 9 pm. SOLD OUT.
    January 14th- Lady Gaga- Tacoma Dome, 5th row
    January 28-February 1- 70000 Tons of Metal

I'll be in Vancouver, BC next Saturday, January 12, for Lady Gaga. Would rather be at the Weapon show. You staying overnight?

Gah just saw this. nope, we drove back after the show, got home at 5:05 am and was up at 9:30 am for the Seahawks game. :(

Leaving now for Tacoma for Lady Gaga , I am 6th row on the side next to the stage at the end of the row.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    metalgoddess
    Midshipman

by metalgoddess » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:47 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:
    metalgoddess wrote:
    TOM CRUISE wrote:Last gig was Barge to Hell.

Next gigs

January 12th- Weapon/Mitrochondrian/Auroch/Tyrant's Blood- Astoria Pub, Vancouver, BC 9 pm. SOLD OUT.
    January 14th- Lady Gaga- Tacoma Dome, 5th row
    January 28-February 1- 70000 Tons of Metal

I'll be in Vancouver, BC next Saturday, January 12, for Lady Gaga. Would rather be at the Weapon show. You staying overnight?

Gah just saw this. nope, we drove back after the show, got home at 5:05 am and was up at 9:30 am for the Seahawks game. :(

Leaving now for Tacoma for Lady Gaga , I am 6th row on the side next to the stage at the end of the row.

The show on Saturday was amazing. She is quite the performer. I just wish her music was metal. :roll:

Of course, I drank almost an entire bottle of Fireball so I would have had fun anywhere! :mrgreen:

My daughter Sara went to Tacoma this morning and GOT MONSTER PIT PASSES!!! A friend bought her tickets to Tacoma. If I would have known that, I would not have bought tickets in Vancouver. It's just that Saturday was easier for me to go.

Next gig: Gojira!!!
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:30 pm

WizardBeast wrote:HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They do.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:49 pm

mooyagi wrote:

They do.

Tuscon meetup next! I hope!
    Nighty
    Crewman

by Nighty » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:46 pm

last concert: EdGuy + Deep Purple
    last festival: Eindhoven Metal Meeting
    next gigs: Stratovarius/Amaranthe, Avantasia
    70k 2013 - Cabin 2526
    70k 2014 - Cabin 4523
    70k 2015 - Cabin 3254
    70k 2016 - Deck 8
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:28 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

They do.

Would be great!
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:56 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

They do.

Yay! That would be awesome!
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:00 pm

Work has gotten out of control and havent gone to any shows in quite awhile.

thinking of finally going to one, nothing I want to see in january but Enslaved is coming in February, may check that out, havent seen them before.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:59 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

They do.

keep me in the loop
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:28 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:Tuscon meetup next! I hope!

keep me in the loop

Will do!
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:47 pm

Any shows around April 21-24 In Denver??? Im there for a conference.
    Next gig will be the first band I watch on the Cruise!
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:50 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:Tuscon meetup next! I hope!

keep me in the loop

Will do!

TUCSON! dammit i spelled it incorrectly.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:05 pm

Lol I'm not thaaaaat tall. I'm about 187cm or 6 foot 1.

Met Floor Jansen on Saturday night and she towered over me. That, is tall!!

Last gig for me was Sabaton and Nightwish Monday night, next gig will most likely be the 70k preparty :-)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021(?) 2022(??) Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:07 pm

Ecliptica wrote:For some reason, even though we have the exact same taste in music, I never met Dallas on either of the last two cruises.
    Is he insanely tall or is everyone else in that picture just tiny? Looks like it'd be tough to miss him.

you're doing something wrong - we must have seen a lot of the same shows...but never really met

next gig: Grave Digger on Sunday...and from then on we'll be on 70k mode :shred:
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:35 pm

WizardBeast wrote:TUCSON! dammit i spelled it incorrectly.

Everyone does. :lol:
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:48 pm

last_candle wrote:
    Ecliptica wrote:For some reason, even though we have the exact same taste in music, I never met Dallas on either of the last two cruises.
    Is he insanely tall or is everyone else in that picture just tiny? Looks like it'd be tough to miss him.

you're doing something wrong - we must have seen a lot of the same shows...but never really met

next gig: Grave Digger on Sunday...and from then on we'll be on 70k mode :shred:

GRAVE DIGGER :headbanger:
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
  • AlexB
    Oiler

by AlexB » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:52 am

Last gig: Sounds Of Fury @ my rehearsal room
    Next gig: Vader & Aborted
    Aeon - Agalloch - ALGEBRA - Akercocke - Anaal Nathrakh – Centurian - CEREMONIAL OATH - Dawn Of Dreams - December Flower - Dodheimsgard – Gorguts – KING DIAMOND – MITHRAS – Sounds Of Fury – Terrorizer – The New Dominion – Therapy? – Thulcandra – Unanimated
    metalgoddess
    Midshipman

by metalgoddess » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:15 am

Last gig was Lady Gaga.

Next gig is Gojira on Sunday, then Down on Tuesday, and possibly White Chapel on Thursday. Whew!
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:44 am

Last gig:

Last night
    Devin townsend (always a pleasure to watch, very entertaining. Set was skewed heavily towards the epicloud and infinity albums, with a couple from deconstruction and one from addicted. All the material from ocean machine, terria, synchestra, etc etc was left out :(. Oh well, I had tons of fun!)
    Gojira (Never seen these guys live before. Holy shit. Tight as all hell, and heavier than anything I've heard before [This has to do with the fact that the sound at this venue was good for once, everything sounded absolutely massive and rich]. Blew me away)

Next, on saturday: Divinity (Triumphant return to stage!) and Into Eternity (Now featuring two of my buddies!)
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:05 am

Tonight, Foreigner.
    Since Jeff Pilson is in Foreigner now it would be cool if he would have Tooth and Nail (George Lynch and Mick Brown) as the warm up band. Just dreaming. ;)
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:21 pm

Michael D. wrote:Tonight, Foreigner.
    Since Jeff Pilson is in Foreigner now it would be cool if he would have Tooth and Nail (George Lynch and Mick Brown) as the warm up band. Just dreaming. ;)

Ha - cool you're seeing Foreigner - I've seen them at least a few times, but the last time (had to look it up in my handy-dandy gig list I have on my phone) was....August 1, 1996 with REO Speedwagon & Peter Frampton at the New World Music Theatre (now called the First Midwest Bank Ampitheater) in Tinley Park, Illinois. :P Great band with a ton of great songs to their credit....another favorite album I bought in high school was:
    Coincidence that you mentioned them since I woke up with the song I Want to Know What Love Is in my head and posted it on the listening to thread this morning. Anyway - have fun!!

Hmmm.....last "gig" or rather performance (and it did have some musical accompaniment): the national touring production of War Horse at the Cadillac Palace Theater during it's holiday run here. I highly recommend it to those who live in cities where it is travelling...really outstanding! http://www.warhorseonstage.com/ Oh, and also saw a good local production of George Bernard Shaw's 101 year old play "Pygmalion" a few weeks ago (daughter Veronica just read it for her h.s. freshman English class and wanted to see it).

Next gig (or rather performance) for us will be tomorrow - seeing a comedy revue at Second City http://www.secondcity.com/ called What the Tour Guide Didn't Tell You - sounds hilarious and we haven't been to Second City in a very long time. Here is the description:

What The Tour Guide Didn't Tell You: A Chicago Revue
    The Second City does The Second City in this hilarious hometown revue that pulls from 52 years of classic scenes and songs that lovingly make fun of the city we call home. Whether its wholesale political corruption or a hapless ball club on the north side of town, "What the Tour Guide Didn't Tell You" is a great way to get a laugh filled look at the Windy City.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:11 pm

Last gig was Heroinne and Dunbarrow in Trondheim last saturday (11.01.). I had never heard of them before, but it was a good concert. Both bands plays blues-rock.

Last metal gig was Blackguard, Triosphere, Xandria and Kamelot in Oslo 24.11. last year. Triosphere delivered a killer show as usual :headbanger: Xandria and Kamelot was also excellent :headbanger: Didn't care much for Blackguard, so not sorry that I only caught half their set. Got the chance to chat with Manuela from Xandria and Tor Ole from Triosphere a bit after the show :cool:

Next gig besides 70k and pre-party will probably be the release party for Fuel for Disaster's first album Chontaraz Khlan Krakatau in Trondheim 08.02. Image
    Here's their first music video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf1XX71RVZ8
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:55 am

[quote="Laura"]

Ha - cool you're seeing Foreigner - I've seen them at least a few times, but the last time (had to look it up in my handy-dandy gig list I have on my phone) was....August 1, 1996 with REO Speedwagon & Peter Frampton at the New World Music Theatre (now called the First Midwest Bank Ampitheater) in Tinley Park, Illinois. :P Great band with a ton of great songs to their credit....another favorite album I bought in high school was:
    Coincidence that you mentioned them since I woke up with the song I Want to Know What Love Is in my head and posted it on the listening to thread this morning. Anyway - have fun!!

Laura, you crack me up. :D
    I’m laughing and a smiling. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Double Vision is actually my favorite album from them.
    http://youtu.be/lDnXll1zyNA LOL.

Great minds think alike and have a very similar taste in music. Must be a Midwest thing. LOL :roll:

It took me a long time to make peace with seeing Foreigner live after they stiffed us here in Minnesota at their Parade Stadium show during their Head Games tour. They pulled a NO SHOW on us and took the money and ran. That pissed me off for a long time, most likely because I had really liked the band at that time (A’ holes). They toured for the album 4 and my friend had front row seats for the concert. I asked my friend the how the show went and if they apologized for their NO SHOW and he say to me that Lou Gramm did apologize to the fans but if you were not in the first five rows you did not hear it for he did it off microphone (Still a bunch of A’ holes) LOL. Finally broke down in 1993 and went to their Agent Provocateur Tour.

This version of Foreigner is vastly different from the Foreigner of old and fame. Mick Jones really has assembled a great group of musicians to play and sing the songs of Foreigner. Kelly Hanson really does sing those songs with conviction and is a great stage leader. He really knows how to work the stage, the crowd and is not afraid to interact with the fans during the show. Current members Thom Gimbel, (I remembered him from their 1993 Agent Provocateur Tour). Jeff Pilson. Say no more but he did get a lot of compliments from Kelly as a true Rock Star from his time with Dokken (I really wanted to hear at least ONE Dokken tune) and his involvement in the movie “Rock Star”. Bruce Watson stands in for Mick Jones. Apparently Mick is not in the best of health and is not always able to perform. :cry: Michael Bluestein and Chris Frazier who continues the long never ending saga of the revolving drummer of the band.
    http://youtu.be/jP3kyG71W2Q
    :3drunks:
    Last edited by Michael D. on Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Pog
    Oiler

by Pog » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:28 pm

Last gig was Sabaton's headlining show in Melbourne (amazing). Next gig is tonight, Alestorm!!!!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:32 pm

Pog wrote:Last gig was Sabaton's headlining show in Melbourne (amazing). Next gig is tonight, Alestorm!!!!

Have fun at Alestorm!!! Not gonna go myself - saw both sets on 70K last year, and saw them last tour of Australia in mid 2011.

Sabaton was indeed phenomenal. Cannot wait to see them again on broad!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021(?) 2022(??) Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Pog
    Oiler

by Pog » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:54 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    Pog wrote:Last gig was Sabaton's headlining show in Melbourne (amazing). Next gig is tonight, Alestorm!!!!

Have fun at Alestorm!!! Not gonna go myself - saw both sets on 70K last year, and saw them last tour of Australia in mid 2011.

Sabaton was indeed phenomenal. Cannot wait to see them again on broad!!

Yeah missed them in 2011, so yeah due to see them again. Pumped to see Sabaton again, so so good! :headbanger:
    danmunchie
    Oiler

by danmunchie » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:40 pm

^ See you there Pog. ALESTORM!
    VorpalBunny
    Petty Officer

by VorpalBunny » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:11 pm

Have a great time! They were awesome in Melbourne :chug:
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:47 am

Michael D. wrote:Laura, you crack me up. :D
    I’m laughing and a smiling. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Double Vision is actually my favorite album from them.
    http://youtu.be/lDnXll1zyNA LOL.

Ha, Michael - thanks for further indulging my teenage 70s nostalgia with more talk of Foreigner. Since I posted that Double Vision album cover on Friday (also my fave Foreigner album ;) :heavydrink: ), I listened to it in its entirety on Spotify and it really withstands the test of time I think. I probably haven't listened to it all the way through start to finish in over 20 years (we haven't had a hooked up turntable in at least that long, plus we got rid of our albums in recent years as well....did you keep yours?). Double Vision is such a great example of solid songwriting, musicianship, and really strong & clear arena-rock/classic rock type vocals.

Michael D. wrote:Great minds think alike and have a very similar taste in music. Must be a Midwest thing. LOL :roll:

Regarding the "midwest thing" - I think there is something to be said about that, especially in the case of bands & artists like Styx, REO Speedwagon, Ted Nugent, Chicago and others who were/are from the midwest and they had many midwest fans from their early days onward. But of course, those bands, as well as Foreigner were also huge in their heyday beyond the midwest of the United States. Here are some stats from wiki about Foreigner's first three albums:

The band's debut album, Foreigner, was released in March 1977 and sold more than four million copies in the United States, staying in the Top 20 for a year with such hits as "Feels Like the First Time", "Cold as Ice" and "Long, Long Way from Home". Their second album, Double Vision (released in June 1978), topped their previous, selling five million records and spawned "Hot Blooded", the title track "Double Vision" and "Blue Morning, Blue Day". Their third album, Head Games (August 1979), which was referred to by Gramm as their "grainiest" album, was also successful because of the thunderous "Dirty White Boy" and another title track hit "Head Games".

Haha - those were the days LONG before the internet and such when popular artists routinely sold albums in the millions. :cool: In fact, I don't think I hardly knew a fellow high schooler who didn't own their own copy of Double Vision (and the debut of Van Halen and many more) - haha. And what red (and hot :lol: )-blooded American teenager (I had just turned 17 when that came out) didn't totally love and identify with the opening track Hot-Blooded? :mrgreen:

Michael D. wrote:It took me a long time to make peace with seeing Foreigner live after they stiffed us here in Minnesota at their Parade Stadium show during their Head Games tour. They pulled a NO SHOW on us and took the money and ran. That pissed me off for a long time, most likely because I had really liked the band at that time (A’ holes). They toured for the album 4 and my friend had front row seats for the concert. I asked my friend the how the show went and if they apologized for their NO SHOW and he say to me that Lou Gramm did apologize to the fans but if you were not in the first five rows you did not hear it for he did it off microphone (Still a bunch of A’ holes) LOL. Finally broke down in 1993 and went to their Agent Provocateur Tour.

Wow - that no-show sounds kinda like the ultimate concert bummer, man. :beerwink:

Michael D. wrote:This version of Foreigner is vastly different from the Foreigner of old and fame. Mick Jones really has assembled a great group of musicians to play and sing the songs of Foreigner. Kelly Hanson really does sing those songs with conviction and is a great stage leader. He really knows how to work the stage, the crowd and is not afraid to interact with the fans during the show. Current members Thom Gimbel, (I remembered him from their 1993 Agent Provocateur Tour). Jeff Pilson. Say no more but he did get a lot of compliments from Kelly as a true Rock Star from his time with Dokken (I really wanted to hear at least ONE Dokken tune) and his involvement in the movie “Rock Star”. Bruce Watson stands in for Mick Jones. Apparently Mick is not in the best of health and is not always able to perform. :cry: Michael Bluestein and Chris Frazier who continues the long never ending saga of the revolving drummer of the band.
    http://youtu.be/jP3kyG71W2Q
    :3drunks:

Original vocalist Lou Gramm is the one member of Foreigner I associate the most with the band (and to a slightly lesser extent Mick Jones and Ian McDonald). I haven't followed what Foreigner has been up to in ages, so I didn't realize that Mick Jones is the only key member remaining from the early days. As I said, I loved/love Gramm's voice - I think he is/was equally great as both as a balladeer and a rocker. From what I read yesterday, he is now 62, still makes music and performs live - wouldn't mind seeing him if I got the chance - also read on his site that he has been nominated to the Songwriters Hall of Fame which is cool.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:51 pm

Lou Graham is one of my absolute favorites. definitely going to do some Foreigner karaoke!!! :metalguy:
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:06 pm

WizardBeast wrote:Lou Graham is one of my absolute favorites. definitely going to do some Foreigner karaoke!!! :metalguy:

I request you do Hot Blooded!! :mrgreen: :heavydrink: You would do an awesome, awesome job on that one - I just know it! (and please someone video it for me and post it upon your return from 70K! :beerwink: )

Sing it Rhia! (haha re these lyrics :P )

http://youtu.be/5c1m2BAg2Sc (original recording)
    Well, I'm hot blooded, check it and see
    I got a fever of a hundred and three
    Come on baby, do you do more than dance?
    I'm hot blooded, I'm hot blooded

You don't have to read my mind, to know what I have in mind
    Honey you oughta know
    Now you move so fine, let me lay it on the line
    I wanna know what you're doin' after the show

Now it's up to you, we can make a secret rendezvous
    Just me and you, I'll show you lovin' like you never knew

That's why, I'm hot blooded, check it and see
    I'm hot blooded, hot blooded

If it feels alright, maybe you can stay all night
    Shall I leave you my key?
    But you've got to give me a sign, come on girl, some kind of sign
    Tell me, are you hot mama? you sure look that way to me

Are you old enough? will you be ready when I call you bluff?
    Is my timing right? did you save your love for me tonight?

Yeah I'm hot blooded, check it and see
    Feel the fever burning inside of me
    I'm hot blooded, I'm hot blooded, I'm hot

Now it's up to you, can we make a secret rendezvous?
    Oh, before we do, you'll have to get away from you know who

Well, I'm hot blooded, check it and see
    I'm hot blooded, I'm hot blooded

Hot blooded, every night
    Hot blooded, you're looking so tight
    Hot blooded, now you're driving me wild
    Hot blooded, I'm so hot for you, child
    Hot blooded, I'm a little bit high
    Hot blooded, you're a little bit shy
    Hot blooded, you're making me sing
    Hot blooded, for your sweet sweet thing

....Michael D - see what you started by posting that you were going to see Foreigner? Muahahaha. :lol:
    (sorry for the derail folks)
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:12 pm

It’s not my fault for this Foreigner derailment. Honest! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It’s just a Midwest thing from the Twin Cities, to Chicago, to Denver, and back again.

For Laura, I had thought about this today. Next time we are on this cruise together we’ll do Hot Blooded (together) at Karaoke. I just have to make sure that I have a fair amount of alcohol in me, it be 3:00 am and just a few people in the lounge, on the first night. This way I can embarrass myself with little fanfare. I cannot carry a tune even if it had a handle.

A treat for Laura,
    http://youtu.be/fOIY2YmRJ-o
    http://youtu.be/vPgVmw0UBOU
    Check out the vintage ‘70’s look.

Now, as for Lou Gramm. He still tours. Sounds alright and does the Foreigner songs well but is not the same man since surviving his brain tumor called a craniopharyngioma (Wikipedia as source). It has taken a long time for him to return to his old self. He does Christian Rock music now and it is very different, a pronounced departure from is Foreigner days. He mixes his Foreigner songs, with his solo songs, and his Christian songs in his set. His Christian songs really stand out.

For Rhia,
    http://youtu.be/WzvQnezbzY4
    http://youtu.be/7cRdgIZgobs

I have seen Lou Gramm a couple of times. First was back in 1990 with Steve Miller and again in 2010 with Sammy Hagar and John Waite. For the 2010 gig Lou was listed as the second act but instead came on first. The bands found out just how HOT Minnesota can get in July during an outdoor gig. :cry: :lol: :lol:
    I think Lou did a 20 minute/30 minute set tops. Sammy kept calling for water! More water. :shock:

A little derailment is a good thing. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:59 am

That's stupid! I bought my ticket to go to see Avantasia in Pratteln on the 14th April, but while I was there for Grave Digger on Sunday I saw that Lordi will be there 2 days after Avantasia :roll: I would like to see the both of them, but that would be far too expensive to stay over there 3 nights and even more expensive to do the trip twice from my hometown. As I already saw Avantasia and want deadly to see Lordi, I had to do a choice, skip the Avantasia gig and book a ticket for Lordi :cry: So, if anyone in Switzerland or anyone who want to go to see Avantasia on the Sunday 14th April in Pratteln and still have no ticket, you can have mine :D

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624
    2020: 7324

https://www.facebook.com/Bands.support.and.promotion
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:41 am

Last gig:

Into Eternity / Divinity / Kyoktys / Apophis

Next gig:

F&J, Helstar, buncha other bands @ the pre-party!!!!!!!

Please check out my band

Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:51 am

Last: Barge To Hell :death:
    Next: 70,000 Tons of Metal 2013 :viking:

Quite a lull in my area this December / January. Fortunately there's a bunch of good shows coming up in February (Enslaved, Graveyard, Doro, Gojira/DTP, & DRI).
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:55 am

That gojira/DTP show tickled my organs. You'll enjoy!

Please check out my band

Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:58 am

viathyn wrote:That gojira/DTP show tickled my organs. You'll enjoy!

OH MY! :wank:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:09 pm

my next gig will be Gojira with Devin Townsend Project and The Atlas Moth on February 9
    don't give much of a damn about the Atlas Moth and I don't think DTP will be playing much of the stuff I really wanna see this time around (though it'll still be a quality performance)... but Gojira will be worth EVERY penny!
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:24 am

Atlas moth couldn't get through the border, so I didn't get to see them.

Devin's setlist consisted of about 4 songs from epicloud, 3 from infinity, 2 from decon, and 1 from addicted. Fair to say it's not what most people wanted to see, but it was still a nice rousing performance. Yeah gojira is worth every penny.

Please check out my band

Post Reply 8047 posts