Post Reply 8047 posts
Your last gig and your next gig...
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

by Bentz! » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:56 am

viathyn wrote:Atlas moth couldn't get through the border, so I didn't get to see them.

Devin's setlist consisted of about 4 songs from epicloud, 3 from infinity, 2 from decon, and 1 from addicted. Fair to say it's not what most people wanted to see, but it was still a nice rousing performance. Yeah gojira is worth every penny.

:bitch:
    Devin needs to play more (some) stuff from Ocean Machine: Biomech.
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:33 pm

I think I've only ever seen Seventh Wave and Life from Ocean machine. I want him to play more Terria! I WANT EARTH DAY. AND CANADA. AND THE FLUKE.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:36 pm

viathyn wrote:I think I've only ever seen Seventh Wave and Life from Ocean machine. I want him to play more Terria! I WANT EARTH DAY. AND CANADA. AND THE FLUKE.

Maybe when he plays 70k one of these years he'll do it.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:05 pm

I want him to do Punky Bruster songs!!!
    And Physicist songs.
    And Deconstruction songs.
    And Ocean Machine songs.
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:25 am

I guess the next gig will be either the pre-party or on the boat. Bummed that I will miss this: http://www.semifinal.fi/tapahtuma/24301
    Damn, three great death metal acts (Maveth, Gorephilia, Corpsessed) in Helsinki tomorrow night. Maveth is scheduled to start at 11:30pm, so it'd be at least 2am when I'd get home - and I have to leave for the airport at 5:30am. :cry:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:55 pm

Michael D. wrote:It’s not my fault for this Foreigner derailment. Honest! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It’s just a Midwest thing from the Twin Cities, to Chicago, to Denver, and back again.

For Laura, I had thought about this today. Next time we are on this cruise together we’ll do Hot Blooded (together) at Karaoke. I just have to make sure that I have a fair amount of alcohol in me, it be 3:00 am and just a few people in the lounge, on the first night. This way I can embarrass myself with little fanfare. I cannot carry a tune even if it had a handle.

A treat for Laura,
    http://youtu.be/fOIY2YmRJ-o
    http://youtu.be/vPgVmw0UBOU
    Check out the vintage ‘70’s look.

Now, as for Lou Gramm. He still tours. Sounds alright and does the Foreigner songs well but is not the same man since surviving his brain tumor called a craniopharyngioma (Wikipedia as source). It has taken a long time for him to return to his old self. He does Christian Rock music now and it is very different, a pronounced departure from is Foreigner days. He mixes his Foreigner songs, with his solo songs, and his Christian songs in his set. His Christian songs really stand out.

For Rhia,
    http://youtu.be/WzvQnezbzY4
    http://youtu.be/7cRdgIZgobs

I have seen Lou Gramm a couple of times. First was back in 1990 with Steve Miller and again in 2010 with Sammy Hagar and John Waite. For the 2010 gig Lou was listed as the second act but instead came on first. The bands found out just how HOT Minnesota can get in July during an outdoor gig. :cry: :lol: :lol:
    I think Lou did a 20 minute/30 minute set tops. Sammy kept calling for water! More water. :shock:

A little derailment is a good thing. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ha - guess I missed answering this post till now....wow - that Foreigner flashback obsessing on my part several days ago was awesome! :P They are simply one of those bands I will NEVER tire of no matter how much time passes since first hearing them. I think I had that song "I Want to Know What Love Is" in my head for at least 3 straight days and was even singing it around the house. :lol: Which brings me to your karaoke proposition! I just may be down for doing Hot Blooded even though I've never done karaoke in my life. I think I'd have to be pretty drunk to do so - even though I've been told my singing voice is quite nice by those who have heard it. :P Well, we shall see re this duet - you are most likely 70K bound in the future and I'm more likely Barge bound. Anyway - it's a nice thought! :cheers:

Sorry to hear that Lou Gramm has had health issues. I recently youtubed recent performances and it seemed rather sad really....since he was such a strong vocalist and performer once and is no longer. :( On the other hand, my (fellow old-fart :lol: ) husband & I were amazed how great Roger Daltrey (68 years old) and Peter Gabriel (62) sounded this past fall doing Quadrophenia & So respectively so many years (40 & 25 roughly) later!! Certainly worth a toke (or many) in their honor those particular evenings. :smoking: :mrgreen:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:07 pm

@ Laura,
    Thx and in a few weeks I will be seeing another '70s era ICON.
    I will post it let's see if you wake up one morning with his music in your head. LOL. :D :D
    Until then enjoy some more flashback memories.

http://youtu.be/z9OGfBGOCpk

I finally returned from my stroll in the Foreigner flashback park. :D :lol: :lol:
    Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:19 am

Last: Helstar at the pre-party. Didn't get to see Flotsam because they threw me out :-S
    Next: 70K if I manage not to get arrested :-P
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:38 am

Tuup wrote:Last: Helstar at the pre-party. Didn't get to see Flotsam because they threw me out :-S

:lol: Bad boy!
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:47 am

Michael D. wrote:@ Laura,
    Thx and in a few weeks I will be seeing another '70s era ICON.
    I will post it let's see if you wake up one morning with his music in your head. LOL. :D :D
    Until then enjoy some more flashback memories.

http://youtu.be/z9OGfBGOCpk

I finally returned from my stroll in the Foreigner flashback park. :D :lol: :lol:

Haha....cool - let's see if I wake up with some ballad in my head of some other 70s icon - oh, and by the way - your link IS my favorite Foreigner/Lou Gramm ballad.

Speaking of ballads - saw a more "contemporary" balladeer and a relatively recent favorite of mine last night - Corey Taylor! (heading up Stone Sour) at the large Chicago venue called the Congress Theater. Really, really, really loved the show as I expected I would. Here's his most recent ballad called Taciturn. http://youtu.be/CZzR4mcbJio love the lyrics to this as well!

Of course - he's a very different kind of singer & personality than a Lou Gramm - but so awesome in his own way! Still can't believe he is "that Slipknot guy." :P

And oooh, la, la....next gig is next Sunday - the mighty Enslaved with the huge added plus - Royal Thunder! (who I've not seen before & looking forward to very much.)

....and p.s. to Tuup - can't believe that happened to you! :(
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • strha
    Crewman

by strha » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:22 am

Last: Audrey Horne, Bergen
    Next: Koldbrann, Oslo
    BTH-2012
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:10 pm

Tuup wrote:Last: Helstar at the pre-party. Didn't get to see Flotsam because they threw me out :-S

That SUCKS!
    And you really don't want to get arrested in Dade County by the Miami PD.
    I still remember the 2011 cruiser that got arrested during disembarking in Miami for calling certain member of the Miami PD a Bitch. :cry: :shock: :roll:
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:59 pm

Last:
    Saturday: Born of Osiris & random locals. <worked>
    Monday: Down/Warbeast/Venomous Maximous
    Tuesday: Stone Sour/Papa Roach/Outside
    Next:
    Saturday: Soundgarden
    Monday: Enslaved/Pallbearer/Royal Thunder/Ancient VVisdom
    Wednesday: Graveyard
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    soundcurve
    Chief Petty Officer

by soundcurve » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:00 am

Sgt. B wrote:Monday: Enslaved/Pallbearer/Royal Thunder/Ancient VVisdom

This. But tonight. :D :beerwink: More stoked to see the openers than Enslaved since I caught em' on BTH twice.
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:06 am

Tonight,
    "I'm looking California, And feeling Minnesota". :D :D :D

Soundgarden
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:09 am

Last: Half of sabatons pool deck.
    Next: It was supposed to be Sabaton tonight but Im still feeling pretty shitty. Hopefully Gojira and DTP on Monday is next on deck
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:00 am

Monmisreal wrote:Last: Half of sabatons pool deck.
    Next: It was supposed to be Sabaton tonight but Im still feeling pretty shitty. Hopefully Gojira and DTP on Monday is next on deck

Same but I'm feeling better. so i will be there. Any other cruisers going?
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:43 am

Last gig was Band's pool deck set. Next gig is Band on Thursday. :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:43 am

mooyagi wrote:Last gig was Band's pool deck set. Next gig is Band on Thursday. :lol:

:lol: I get to see Band again in September so im not too disappointed. I wanted to bring a sign that said "It doesn't matter where you go, hes always there. That fucking snowy shaw" but ill have to wait until the next show for it.
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:36 pm

mooyagi wrote:Last gig was Band's pool deck set. Next gig is Band on Thursday. :lol:

BAND
    BAND
    BAND
    BAND
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:35 am

Last gig: Enslaved, Pallbearer, Royal Thunder, Ancient Wisdom last night at Reggie's! Stellar night of music all around and great to hang out with fellow 70K alum Nicole and hear about the cruise last week! Loved Royal Thunder as I expected I would...and got to meet Mlny & Josh at the merch desk later in the evening. :D Pallbearer was outstanding as well - and then of course, Enslaved - who was just....wow (as always - it was my 5th time seeing them). Loved hearing songs off the new album especially. Grutle seemed to really be enjoying himself talking to the audience and such - he mentioned how Chicago has a special place in their memory because it was the first US city they ever played in (back in 1995 I believe he said). Fun! I arranged to take this morning off work because I knew it was going to be a late night (and it was!), but now I'm too pumped thinking about the show to want to go back and get more sleep. Ha.

I have a nice break until my next metal gig (although I'll attend several other performance events in the meantime) ...Meshuggah & Animals as Leaders on Feb 22 at House of Blues. I didn't know of AaL at all until recently and they are musically astounding to me. I've not totally warmed up to the music of Meshuggah after listening to several of their albums, but I'm very much looking forward to what I suspect will be a killer live show.
    soundcurve
    Chief Petty Officer

by soundcurve » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:36 am

Laura wrote:Last gig: Enslaved, Pallbearer, Royal Thunder, Ancient Wisdom

Yea, I enjoyed that show a lot. Especially Ancient Wisdom and Royal Thunder. Pallbearer wasn't my thing. When music is that slow live my mind wonders elsewhere. Enslaved was on point. I enjoyed them a lot even though I just saw them on BTH.
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:24 am

Gojira with DTP tonight. I know virtually nothing by either band so it'll be interesting. Happy to see that setlist.fm is showing DTP playing Juular, love that song :beerbang: Next gig might be Flogging Molly in Vegas March 16th; if not, nothing until April :|
    I want what we've never had!

Hypocrisy-IHSAHN-Primordial-GrandMagus-Powerwolf-Myrath-Hell-Opeth-Borknagar-Leprous-SteelPanther-Voyager
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:26 am

soundcurve wrote:

Yea, I enjoyed that show a lot. Especially Ancient Wisdom and Royal Thunder. Pallbearer wasn't my thing. When music is that slow live my mind wonders elsewhere. Enslaved was on point. I enjoyed them a lot even though I just saw them on BTH.

I'm in 100% agreement with you on this.
    If you're gonna play stuff that slow and "droney" live, at least give it some :deathmetal: style vocals.

Although most in attendance at the Detroit show were like "What is this crap" for Ancient VVisdom and Royal Thunder, I found them both to be throughly enjoyable (and nice folks to chat with as well).

Next up for me is Graveyard tonight, then Gojira / Devin Townsend on Sunday.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:26 am

Daenerys wrote:Gojira with DTP tonight. I know virtually nothing by either band so it'll be interesting. Happy to see that setlist.fm is showing DTP playing Juular, love that song :beerbang: Next gig might be Flogging Molly in Vegas March 16th; if not, nothing until April :|

Gojira is going to crush your soul. They are so heavy and powerful live you won't beleive what is happening :lol:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • AlexB
    Oiler

by AlexB » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:11 am

Last gig: Vader, Aborted, Bloodshot Dawn
    Next gig: Cannibal Corpse, The Black Dahlia Murder, Hour Of Penance
    Aeon - Agalloch - ALGEBRA - Akercocke - Anaal Nathrakh – Centurian - CEREMONIAL OATH - Dawn Of Dreams - December Flower - Dodheimsgard – Gorguts – KING DIAMOND – MITHRAS – Sounds Of Fury – Terrorizer – The New Dominion – Therapy? – Thulcandra – Unanimated
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:12 am

Last gig: 70000 Tons Of Metal!!!!!! :lol:
    Next gig: Probably a local gig next saturday and then Enslaved the following weekend!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:41 pm

Bentz! wrote:
    soundcurve wrote:

I'm in 100% agreement with you on this.
    If you're gonna play stuff that slow and "droney" live, at least give it some :deathmetal: style vocals.

Although most in attendance at the Detroit show were like "What is this crap" for Ancient VVisdom and Royal Thunder, I found them both to be throughly enjoyable (and nice folks to chat with as well).

Next up for me is Graveyard tonight, then Gojira / Devin Townsend on Sunday.

Enslaved tour for me tonight & Graveyard on Wednesday.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:23 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    Daenerys wrote:Gojira with DTP tonight. I know virtually nothing by either band so it'll be interesting. Happy to see that setlist.fm is showing DTP playing Juular, love that song :beerbang: Next gig might be Flogging Molly in Vegas March 16th; if not, nothing until April :|

Gojira is going to crush your soul. They are so heavy and powerful live you won't beleive what is happening :lol:

yeah! Gojira live is an incredible show! I'm excited for that show on Saturday
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:48 pm

Last Show : Band in Tampa
    Next Show : Firewind/Turisas in NYC this wed
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:52 am

Missed Gojira last night. Had a ticket and everything but didn't go :cry:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:46 am

KevinP wrote:Missed Gojira last night. Had a ticket and everything but didn't go :cry:

Yeah we looked for you, we thought you might be there. Luke was the only other person we knew who was there, we missed you! I suppose the next time we would see you would be at Anthrax?

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:

yeah! Gojira live is an incredible show! I'm excited for that show on Saturday

DTP was AWESOME. I would totally support them being on broad; Brian made a great point of having DTP play one set and have the other be SYL :lol: To be quite honest, Gojira bored me. Guess their stuff just really doesn't do it for me. Always good to see something different for a change though
    I want what we've never had!

Hypocrisy-IHSAHN-Primordial-GrandMagus-Powerwolf-Myrath-Hell-Opeth-Borknagar-Leprous-SteelPanther-Voyager
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:35 pm

KevinP wrote:Missed Gojira last night. Had a ticket and everything but didn't go :cry:

That sucks.

Despite the large hipster population in attendance, I had a rockin' good time at the Graveyard and The Shrine show last night. The sound for both bands was about as perfect as it gets for that type of music. Cheers to whoever was working the sound.
  • Disco
    Chief Petty Officer

by Disco » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:55 am

Next gig

Gojira
    Devin Townsend Project
    This sunday

I just bought my ticket, oh yeah.
    Melloboat - 2008
    70k Tons - 2011
    70k Tons - 2013
    70k Tons - 2018
    rootleaf
    Petty Officer

by rootleaf » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:45 pm

Saw Testament/Overkill/Flotsam & Jetsam last night. Testament was killer. Should have taken the morning off from work, was hurting today.

Next shows are as follows:

Velvet Acid Christ
    Neurosis (Eyehategod replaced with Pain Kids, boooo)
    MDF
    Mobb Deep
    Bolt Thrower
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:54 pm

Just got tickets to see Sabaton again on Saturday.

They're playing a TINY bar right next to my work that has a capacity of 150 (but that includes non-stage areas/the back patio, so maaaaaaaaaaybe 75-100 total tickets will be sold for this). Should be amazing.
    Let's see if I can get a "BAND! BAND! BAND! BAND!" chant going. Or if I get totally made fun of.

Bringing the girlfriend to this too. Her first metal show :headbanger: :headbanger:
  • strha
    Crewman

by strha » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:11 am

Last week: Koldbrann, Oslo
    Next Week: Aura Noir, Bergen
    BTH-2012
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:55 am

Ecliptica wrote:Just got tickets to see Sabaton again on Saturday.

They're playing a TINY bar right next to my work that has a capacity of 150 (but that includes non-stage areas/the back patio, so maaaaaaaaaaybe 75-100 total tickets will be sold for this). Should be amazing.
    Let's see if I can get a "BAND! BAND! BAND! BAND!" chant going. Or if I get totally made fun of.

Bringing the girlfriend to this too. Her first metal show :headbanger: :headbanger:

In Tampa a few of us got a BAND BAND BAND going. No one knew what the hell we were doing lol. But Sabaton noticed and acknowledged it :headbanger:
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:55 am

Last gig: Firewind/Turisas in NYC - Last Night (the ole 4 hour sleep then work) :cry:
    Next gig: Testament/Overkill/Flotsan & Jetsam 2/15 (Yes a Friday show!)
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:30 am

So I picked up a last minute ticket to Marilyn Manson on Friday. Gonna be weird seeing that freak show. I don't think I have listened to him in like 10 years.
Post Reply 8047 posts