Post Reply 8046 posts
Your last gig and your next gig...
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

by Sgt. B » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:39 pm

Last show: Bolt Thrower/Benediction last night.
    Next show: Bolt Thrower/Benediction tonight.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:39 am

Tuup wrote:
    last_candle wrote:
    Tuup wrote:Edge of Thorns in its entirity :beerbang: Followed by a couple of Circle II Circle songs.

WOW! need to go there after all!
    thanks Tuup for replying in time!

You're welcome, glad that I could motivate you to go ;)

unfortunately, the venue was quite empty and it lacked some atmosphere - but it's always good to see Zac

X-Thor wrote:Next gigs:
    - Avantasia
    - Wintersun
    - Angra with Fabio Lione
    - Iron Maiden + Slayer + Ghost
    - Black Sabbath + Megadeth
    Looks like that will be all the gigs I'll go to this year. Still, pretty cool, I think. :bangers:

we can argue about the shortness of the list - but there's definitely nothing to complain about!
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:03 am

Last gig: Bolt Thrower last night at Reggie's - WOW!! What a powerhouse!! Totally won me over live as I am relatively new to this band. Great to see so many 70K friends as well.
    Next gig: (that I have a ticket for already): Robert Plant July 12 at Taste of Chicago! Will probably go to see Styx at the Naperville, IL Rib Fest around the 4th of July as well.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:06 am

Sgt. B wrote:Last show: Bolt Thrower/Benediction last night.

Even though I don't have a ticket for tonight's gig - may try to join you all before or after. Kevin is gonna keep me in the loop on that. :)
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:18 am

This weekend heading to Calgary:
    http://calgarymetalfest.com/

:bangers:
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:01 am

Last gig:
    Stargazer + Jorn on Friday. First time seeing Jorn live, and it was an excellent show. Really looking forward to the new album in two weeks. :wank:
    Various Tom Waits tribute bands yesterday.

Next gig:
    Ravage Rose + Alto Voltaggio today.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:45 am

Last was Saturday night's Bolt Thrower, Benediction, Jungle Rot show. Fun times.
    Next up: Thursday: Ringworm, Encrust & Mutilation Rites
    Friday: Baroness
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:14 am

- Avantasia
    - Wintersun
    - Angra with Fabio Lione

Looks like that will be all the gigs I'll go to this year. Still, pretty cool, I think. :bangers:

Awesome linup og shows! I want to go to all of those!!!!!

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:56 am

Last show: Bolt Thrower/Benediction last night in Chicago.
    Next show: Kylesa/Blood Ceremony tonight.

It was good to see all of the 70K/BtH people at the Bolt Thrower shows over the weekend in Chicago. :beerbang:
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:05 pm

Laura wrote:

Even though I don't have a ticket for tonight's gig - may try to join you all before or after. Kevin is gonna keep me in the loop on that. :)

I did not see you at the Sunday night show, so I am guessing you did not make it out. It was nice to meet you this weekend.

I personally preferred the Saturday night show. There was something last night I didn't like about the crowd. Not sure what it was. The club also felt more packed. The show was still great (except for opening band Witchbanger - meh), I just preferred the Saturday one more.

Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:19 pm

Laura wrote:
    Sgt. B wrote:Last show: Maryland Deathfest this past Thursday - Sunday.
    Next show: Gorod & other death metal bands tonight.

Wednesday evening will be to recover on sleep (not the band :P )

What were your MDF highlights?

Well, if I see you at Bolt Thrower this weekend - you can tell me then, I guess. :beerwink:

So my next gig is Bolt Thrower on Saturday night with many illustrious out of town visitors :mrgreen: ...

Missed this last week. Was so busy with work, I wouldn't have had time to answer.

MDF highlights for me were:
    Thursday - Bolt Thrower. I also enjoyed Cobalt, but the singer was a little distracting. We suspected he was drunk as it was supposedly their first live show.

Friday - Carcass to the huge crowd. Benediction, Convulse, Rotten Sound & Tragedy. I did not like the Evoken/Pig Destroyer playing against each other. I caught half of each set. I would have liked to have seen the whole set from each. It was good to see hometown friends in Ambassador Gun play to a good size crowd as the first band on Friday. Righteous Pigs were interesting. First show in ~20 years & no one cared. Very small crowd for a band before the headliner at MDF.

Saturday - Antaeus, Aosoth, Vinterland, Loss, Anhedonist & Kommandant were the bands I enjoyed the most ths day. Ihsahn was good, but I liked his ProgPower performance better. Infest show at Soundstage was crazy. I have not seen that much stage diving in a long time. Was not much into the commercial stoner stage (Down, Melvins, The Obsessed, Weedeater).

Sunday - Sleep, Pagan Altar, & Sacred Reich were my favorite. Venom was good, but got cut off due to curfew. Also enjoyed Glorior Belli, Manilla Road & Pentagram. Wish I would have checked out more of Cruciamentum, but was dealing with the stupid line/entrance problems that occurred Sunday.

Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:07 pm

^^^ nice to hear the MDF review....and nice to meet you (albeit very briefly) Saturday night at Bolt Thrower :D - that really was a killer show and so glad I went. It was great that many of the out-of-towners got to meet the band before last night's gig. Saw Kevin, Dan B, Steve J, Rochelle, and Mike S for brunch today near Wrigley Field on the northside - good times. They are all either on their way driving home or at the airport now. Kinda sad the weekend is over - was really nice to see everyone and who knows when all of our paths will cross again. ;) Give me a holler when and if you're in Chicago next for a show. :cheers:
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:19 pm

Laura wrote:^^^ nice to hear the MDF review....and nice to meet you (albeit very briefly) Saturday night at Bolt Thrower :D - that really was a killer show and so glad I went. It was great that many of the out-of-towners got to meet the band before last night's gig. Saw Kevin, Dan B, Steve J, Rochelle, and Mike S for brunch today near Wrigley Field on the northside - good times. They are all either on their way driving home or at the airport now. Kinda sad the weekend is over - was really nice to see everyone and who knows when all of our paths will cross again. ;) Give me a holler when and if you're in Chicago next for a show. :cheers:

BOOOOOOO........wish I coulda been there :roll:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:32 pm

Next show: tomorrow night in Brooklyn. Cannibal Corpse, Napalm Death, immolation, Magrudergrind and Black Anvil
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:38 am

LadyBlackfhyre wrote:

- Avantasia
    - Wintersun
    - Angra with Fabio Lione

Awesome linup og shows! I want to go to all of those!!!!!

Mi casa es tu casa. :bangers:
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:08 am

I am looking forward to Slayer continuing myself and am interested to see what type of album King & Holt could come up with together. But get Lombardo back in the fold first.
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:57 am

Last gig:
    Ravage Rose + Alto Voltaggio on Sunday. Alto Voltaggio proved that cover bands can be great entertainment. Great interaction with the crowd, depite a small turnout.

Next gig:
    NovaRock 14.-16.06.
    The most likely sets for me are:
    Friday:
    Heaven's Basement
    Hell Yeah
    Testament
    Kreator
    Kitty in a Casket
    Sabaton (beginning of set only)
    Within Temptation
    Airbourne
    Rammstein :wank: :wank: :wank:

Saturday:
    The 69 Eyes
    Amaranthe
    Cradle of Filth or Bosse
    Dragonforce
    Saint Lu
    Amon Amarth
    Him
    Kiss

Sunday:
    Wendi's Böhmische Blasmusik
    Fidlar
    The Sword
    Passenger or Caliban
    Dir En Grey
    Coheed & Cambria
    Paramore or Papa Roach
    Bullet for my Valentine
    Korn
    Volbeat
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:30 am

Sgt. B wrote:
    Laura wrote:

I did not see you at the Sunday night show, so I am guessing you did not make it out. It was nice to meet you this weekend.

I personally preferred the Saturday night show. There was something last night I didn't like about the crowd. Not sure what it was. The club also felt more packed. The show was still great (except for opening band Witchbanger - meh), I just preferred the Saturday one more.

Oh - I missed this post of yours. Re the Sunday night show, I never had a ticket for that one, but thought I might join everyone at the bar/restaurant next door before the gig. But then, I got lazy (was up to nearly 3 am with all of them the night before) and didn't feel like hopping on the train down there. It turns out they just went back to the hotel after the show too so that was that.

Interesting that you said the Sunday show seemed different. Also - I thought it was odd that Saturday didn't seem as packed as I thought it might be considering it was sold out. But, man oh man - Bolt Thrower really was amazing!! Fantastic live band. When I saw Kevin, Mike and the others yesterday for brunch they were saying again what a better gig(s) the Reggie's ones were compared to MDF. SOOO glad I had the chance to see them in my hometown as who knows when or if I'll ever see them again. And how long had it been since they did a US tour? 15-20 years ago or something?
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:49 am

next show: Threshold @ Sweden Rock Festival
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:14 am

Last show: Kylesa/Blood Ceremony/White Hills last night
    Next show: Sete Star Sept tomorrow night.

Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:57 am

Last: Fortarock (Rammstein, Opeth, Kreator, Volbeat, Amon Amarth...)

We planned to see Rush in Cologne last night, but missed our flight from London :cry:

Now up next: Slayer on Friday
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:04 am

Starts tonight!!!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:16 pm

Speedy wrote:Last gig:
    Ravage Rose + Alto Voltaggio on Sunday. Alto Voltaggio proved that cover bands can be great entertainment. Great interaction with the crowd, depite a small turnout.

Next gig:
    NovaRock 14.-16.06.
    The most likely sets for me are:
    Friday:
    Heaven's Basement
    Hell Yeah
    Testament
    Kreator
    Kitty in a Casket
    Sabaton (beginning of set only)
    Within Temptation
    Airbourne
    Rammstein :wank: :wank: :wank:

Saturday:
    The 69 Eyes
    Amaranthe
    Cradle of Filth or Bosse
    Dragonforce
    Saint Lu
    Amon Amarth
    Him
    Kiss

Sunday:
    Wendi's Böhmische Blasmusik
    Fidlar
    The Sword
    Passenger or Caliban
    Dir En Grey
    Coheed & Cambria
    Paramore or Papa Roach
    Bullet for my Valentine
    Korn
    Volbeat

Whats the deal with that lineup?
    Is Nu-metal some kind of comeback? :lol:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:42 pm

Metalwrath wrote:Whats the deal with that lineup?

Actually yeah it is... :oops:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:51 pm

Stained Class wrote:Image

Starts tonight!!!

See my post in the Bitching Thread.

:evil:

Gotta cancel this roadtrip
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:14 am

Tomorrow night:

SUFFOCATION (USA) -
    CEPHALIC CARNAGE (USA) -
    HAVOK (USA) -
    FALLUJAH (USA) -
    ORAL FISTFUCK (CH) - with our Barge buddy, bass player "Doc"
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:13 am

Metalwrath wrote:Whats the deal with that lineup?

Nu is the new old? :lol:
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.

Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:28 am

Tonight, 1960’s hold over John Sebastian. :shock:
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:28 pm

last gig: Avantasia @ Sweden Rock
    next gig: Mark Knopfler (at least if it's going to happen)
    wishlist '20:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:32 pm

Calgary metalfest was the most fun I've had since 70K :mrgreen:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:29 am

Last: Slayer in Kerkrade (NL)
    Next: Probably Eric Clapton in Oberhausen (D)
    Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:53 am

I need some cock rock in my boring life.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:44 am

Friday night: Foreigner at Citi Field right after the Mets lose another game!
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:03 am

$40 (Canadian, I assume) to see Quiet Riot?! Seems a bit pricy to me.

My last one was Baroness & Coliseum. Got to see Metallica that night too! (They just came onstage and announced Baroness :lol: )

Next up is Tuska Festival in Hel(l)sinki!
    Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:27 am

Bentz! wrote:$40 (Canadian, I assume) to see Quiet Riot?! Seems a bit pricy to me.

Yep it`s the Canadian moolah and that was my first thought too. The openers aren`t even that awesome, oh well... It still should be a fun night.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:33 am

They're a "classic" band, so of course they're over charging.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:53 am

I'm seeing RUSH on the 23rd!

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:42 pm

Bentz! wrote:$
    My last one was Baroness

Nice! How was the new lineup?

Last gig for me was Calgary Metal Fest, which was huge and fun. Last performance I saw was about half of Skeletonwitch. Scale the Summit and Intronaut were big highlights for me. Saw some awesome local-ish talent like The Order of Chaos, Caveat, Divinity, etc. We played to a rather large crowd; at the time we played I heard the venue was essentially at capacity, so ~500 people. Some technical difficulties, but otherwise a fun time!
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:57 pm

Jake got mad at his microphone real good.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:04 pm

I made that microphone my bitch. :metalguy:
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581