2017: Cabin 9675
    2018: Cabin 8215
    2019: Cabin 7449
    Speedy
    Ensign

Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

by Speedy » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:20 am

Last gig:
    PPM Fest, Mons, Belgium 18.-20.04. Highlights included Pagan's Mind, In Extremo, Triosphere, Rage, MaYaN, Vanden Plas.

Next gig:
    Fuel for Disaster and Rudhira in Trondheim tonight. Rising Dream were supposed to headline, but one of the band member got the flu, so the two local support bands decided to do the show anyway.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Ihsahn-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Abinchova-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Elvenking-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Grave.Digger-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Izegrim-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kivimetsän.Druidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Orphaned.Land-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-SuidAkrA-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-Tengger.Cavalry-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-U.D.O.-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Wintersun-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:15 pm

MikeB wrote:I sense redundancy here ^^

Well, they are married :lol:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:22 pm

Stained Class wrote:

Yeah I knew they were together, just looking a the username gives a good hint, but I was not aware they are married. I may be late but still, congrats !
    2015: Cabin 9527
    2016: Cabin 9219
    2017: Cabin 9675
    2018: Cabin 8215
    2019: Cabin 7449
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:31 pm

MikeB wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:

Yeah I knew they were together, just looking a the username gives a good hint, but I was not aware they are married. I may be late but still, congrats !

It's pretty funny when they post one after the other :mrgreen: Not sure they even realized they did that hahaha
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Thu May 01, 2014 3:16 am

Just came back from the Paganfest. Is it me, or... wtf is wrong with Turisas and Korpiklaani?? I love both bands, but they picked the worst songs they have!!

There was almost no pit during their shows, almost no festive songs. At least Chthonic was there, they saved the evening IMO.

What you guys think ?
    For The Horde!
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Thu May 01, 2014 3:56 am

ANTIKRISS wrote:Just came back from the Paganfest. Is it me, or... wtf is wrong with Turisas and Korpiklaani?? I love both bands, but they picked the worst songs they have!!

There was almost no pit during their shows, almost no festive songs. At least Chthonic was there, they saved the evening IMO.

What you guys think ?

it's been a while since i heard turisas and korpi.
    but korpi isn't that much of a party band for a long time. (i take it that they didn't have have skull mic anymore?)
    turisas is a bit of a different story, since they are not headlining they probably did not got enough time to sound check all the good instrument
    that was really noticeable when i saw them at pagan/heidenfest because some time later they had a show elsewhere and really bombed the place (unfortunately i couldn't be there)
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    TheSalamanizer
    Crewman

by TheSalamanizer » Thu May 01, 2014 9:56 am

I saw Cloudkicker on Tuesday for his first tour ever, and holy shit he and the band (Intronaut played the rest of the instruments on tour) were out of this world! I didn't stay for Intronaut or Tesseract, I like them enough but the Flyers were playing.

Going to Delaware on Saturday to see Battlecross.
    2015 - cabin 9375
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu May 01, 2014 3:41 pm

TheSalamanizer wrote:I didn't stay for Intronaut or Tesseract, I like them enough but the Flyers were playing.

Why are you not on the hockey thread? http://70000tons.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1371
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Thu May 01, 2014 4:28 pm

TheSalamanizer wrote:I saw Cloudkicker on Tuesday for his first tour ever, and holy shit he and the band (Intronaut played the rest of the instruments on tour) were out of this world! I didn't stay for Intronaut or Tesseract, I like them enough but the Flyers were playing.

Do you call that "playing"? Rangers own you!
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Fri May 02, 2014 8:54 am

Last show: Alter Bridge/Monster Truck last night
    Next show: Anvil on Saturday
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Fri May 02, 2014 8:57 am

TheSalamanizer wrote:I saw Cloudkicker on Tuesday for his first tour ever, and holy shit he and the band (Intronaut played the rest of the instruments on tour) were out of this world! I didn't stay for Intronaut or Tesseract, I like them enough but the Flyers were playing.

I saw Cloud Kicker a week ago. They were great. I liked them more than Intronaut. Skipped Tesseract to see another show (Graveyard/Kadavar/Bombus). I would like to see Cloud Kicker live again, although unlikely. I thought I read somewhere that the main guy said that he wasn't planning to tour anymore, this was his only tour.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Sat May 03, 2014 3:28 am

Tonight, Anvil.
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sat May 03, 2014 7:44 am

Next Sat. 10th May - Incineration Festival in London @ The Garage, just to see Carach Angren. Released stage times today, and I'm happy that they're playing early enough that I can make it to The Forum in time to see Cult of Luna.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat May 03, 2014 6:16 pm

GLORYHAMMER last night!

Burlesque dancers on stage, crowd surfing goblins, beerbongs, my god what a night.

Brisbane will not see the likes of that again anytime soon!!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Sun May 04, 2014 12:35 pm

Last show: Anvil last night
    Next show: Paganfest tonight

Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Mon May 05, 2014 8:25 am

Last show: Paganfest last night
    Next show: Queens Of The Stone Age on Tuesday

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon May 05, 2014 8:28 am

Behemoth was awwwwwesome. Next up is Paganfest on Wednesday!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    magicgrl111
    Oiler

by magicgrl111 » Mon May 05, 2014 2:47 pm

Last Gig was Mastodon/Gojira/Kvelertak. Yes, I took this pic:

My next gig is tonight: Nile!! So much good metal these days.
    Absu-Behemoth-Cryptopsy-DevinTownsend-Dillinger Escape Plan-Dying Fetus-Enslaved-Gojira-Gorguts-Gwar-High on Fire-Machine Head-Mastodon-Municipal Waste-Napalm Death-Neurosis-Nile-PigDestroyer-Red Fang-Revocation-Vader

2015: Room 9682
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Mon May 05, 2014 4:30 pm

I'm so jealous, magicgrl111. That sounds like a really good tour. Unfortunately, not much metal coming through my town these days...

Last Show: Eluveitie, Dec '13 (soooo long ago!)
    Next Show: Be Prog! My Friend

So I will make up for my year without metal concerts. Just bought the tickets, I'm so excited to be seeing Opeth for the first time. :D :D :D
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Mon May 05, 2014 5:57 pm

Last: Vancouver Wacken battle semi. IMO, best performance won - Toronto you're in for a treat with Neck of the Woods.

Next: Iced Earth/Sabaton Wednesday, Paganfest Thursday, Primal Fear Sunday. I like this four shows in a week thing! :shred:
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
    metalgoddess
    Midshipman

by metalgoddess » Mon May 05, 2014 8:35 pm

This has been an awesome month of shows!

Saw Mastodon on Monday, Nile on Friday, Behemoth on Saturday.

Tomorrow is Iced Earth & Sabaton, then Paganfest on Friday. Then I fly to Denver on Saturday for SLAYER!!! :shred:
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue May 06, 2014 1:12 am

Last gigs were the Stream of Passion acoustic set, the Epica album release show and NDF. Saw about thirty bands at NDF. Damn it was a lot of fun!
    Next gig is probably Club Prkl's doom night (Psilocybe Larvae, Herem, Kaunis Kuolematon) on Saturday.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • JARI
    Petty Officer

by JARI » Tue May 06, 2014 1:42 am

Last: Lost society
    next: Korn
    70k survivor 2013
    70k survivor 2015
    2017 cabin 6223
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Wed May 07, 2014 8:26 am

Last show: Queens Of The Stone Age last night
    Next show: Mastodon/Gojira/Kvelertak tonight

LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Wed May 07, 2014 9:24 am

cowboy71 wrote:GLORYHAMMER last night!

Burlesque dancers on stage, crowd surfing goblins, beerbongs, my god what a night.

Brisbane will not see the likes of that again anytime soon!!!

JEALOUS (haha I know I've said this quite a number of times now, but its true)

Sounds like a blast!

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Wed May 07, 2014 9:25 am

Tomorrow is Sevendust
    Saturday is Rivera Bomma (one of Mike LePond's other bands)

Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Wed May 07, 2014 2:53 pm

Tonight, Mastodon, Gojira, and Kvelertak.
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Wed May 07, 2014 9:05 pm

So I got bored and made a list of all the performances i've seen...it feels dumb having over 350 with no Metallica. I sold my ticket last time because I got tons of cash for it. I regret it now. My list seems so empty...
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Wed May 07, 2014 9:23 pm

Turisas tonight in Calgary. Such disappoint
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Thu May 08, 2014 8:18 am

Last show: Mastodon/Gojira/Kvelertak last night
    Next show: Slayer/Suicidal Tendencies/Exodus Friday night in SLC

1000th post!

Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu May 08, 2014 8:41 am

Sgt. B wrote:Last show: Mastodon/Gojira/Kvelertak last night

1000th post!

How was the Mastodon/Gojira/Kvelertak gig? I'm super stoked for tonight - listening to Mastodon's set-list from last night as I type.

1000+ posts - woot! :P :cheers:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu May 08, 2014 8:57 am

Feanorgandalf wrote:Turisas tonight in Calgary. Such disappoint

Awww - that's a shame. I went through a huge Turisas-love phase around 2008-2011 (and don't get me wrong, still really dig the two albums Battle Metal & Varangian Way - guess I never got around to listening to the others!). Anyway, I believe I've seen them 3 times now (first time at Wacken in 09 & last time a few years ago I think), but it seems that many have been disappointed with their more recent live gigs & albums. Missed them on this year's Paganfest since the promoter booked it in Joliet (hour to hour & 1/2 from me depending on traffic) rather than Chicago. :bitch: (how dare they!! :evil: :lol: ). IMO, it wasn't worth the effort to drive out there since I've seen Korpiklaani many times and the others once or more (including Chthonic who would have been the main draw for me). Having said that, still kinda bummed I missed it since I've been to several of these Paganfest/Heathenfest thingys over the past several years & they've always been a great party time overall.
    :viking:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Thu May 08, 2014 9:18 am

Laura wrote:
    Sgt. B wrote:Last show: Mastodon/Gojira/Kvelertak last night

1000th post!

How was the Mastodon/Gojira/Kvelertak gig? I'm super stoked for tonight - listening to Mastodon's set-list from last night as I type.

1000+ posts - woot! :P :cheers:

The show was great. The venue was sold out. It was very packed. We walked in and got stuck near the back for Kvelertak. They were good. Kvelertak had a technical problem during one of the songs. I think a bad cord. Gojira was the highlight for me. Their set sounded awesome and the lights were great. We were able to get a good spot right behind the soundboard before Mastodon. Mastodon was excellent. They changed a couple of songs from the earlier setlists on the tour. One was an older song I had wanted to hear. It was replaced with a song I am "eh" on. Overall, it is one of the top shows I have seen this year.

Your venue's start time looks to be same as mine was. If so, this is your schedule.
    7:30pm Kvelertak
    8:20pm Gojira
    9:30pm Mastodon
    done around 11pm

• klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Thu May 08, 2014 11:03 am

Last night: ReVamp, Sabaton, Iced Earth.

Oddly enough, first time I've knowingly seen Andy at a show. Assuming I heard correctly, Floor said Nightwish would be here next April and Joakim said they'd be back sooner than we'd expect. Had to bail on Iced Earth early because my driver had to work early :cry:

Tonight: Paganfest. To Turisas warpaint or not.. that is the question. Lightly - my 70k2013 shirt is stained red from the last time I saw them :lol:
    Sunday: Primal Fear.
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
    Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Thu May 08, 2014 2:52 pm

Laura wrote:
    Feanorgandalf wrote:Turisas tonight in Calgary. Such disappoint

Awww - that's a shame. I went through a huge Turisas-love phase around 2008-2011 (and don't get me wrong, still really dig the two albums Battle Metal & Varangian Way - guess I never got around to listening to the others!). Anyway, I believe I've seen them 3 times now (first time at Wacken in 09 & last time a few years ago I think), but it seems that many have been disappointed with their more recent live gigs & albums. Missed them on this year's Paganfest since the promoter booked it in Joliet (hour to hour & 1/2 from me depending on traffic) rather than Chicago. :bitch: (how dare they!! :evil: :lol: ). IMO, it wasn't worth the effort to drive out there since I've seen Korpiklaani many times and the others once or more (including Chthonic who would have been the main draw for me). Having said that, still kinda bummed I missed it since I've been to several of these Paganfest/Heathenfest thingys over the past several years & they've always been a great party time overall.
    :viking:

First time I even heard Turisas they opened for Dragonforce and blew me away. They were so good live and their songs sounded amazing. that was after their first 2 albums. Then Stand Up and Fight happened followed by the garbage last year and it just doesn't compare.

Honestly for Paganfest this year Winterhymn, Varg, and Chthonic absolutely killed it.
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Fri May 09, 2014 9:20 am

klons wrote:Last night: ReVamp, Sabaton, Iced Earth.

Oddly enough, first time I've knowingly seen Andy at a show. Assuming I heard correctly, Floor said Nightwish would be here next April and Joakim said they'd be back sooner than we'd expect. Had to bail on Iced Earth early because my driver had to work early :cry:

Tonight: Paganfest. To Turisas warpaint or not.. that is the question. Lightly - my 70k2013 shirt is stained red from the last time I saw them :lol:
    Sunday: Primal Fear.

definitely yes to war paint!

doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Fri May 09, 2014 11:06 am

Tomorrow night. Two separate gigs in one night. First, Incineration Festival just to see Carach Angren, they have a reasonably early in the evening time slot, so I can make my way to another venue in time to see Cult of Luna at Beyond the Redshift festival.

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Fri May 09, 2014 11:13 am

JARI wrote:Last: Lost society
    next: Korn

I didn't even know Korn were touring. I just checked, and apparently they played London 2nd May. I probably would have gone if I heard about it. Not a fan, but I did enjoy them last time I saw them.

2019 Wishlist:
    markku1
    Chief Petty Officer

by markku1 » Fri May 09, 2014 11:42 am

Conrad wrote:Tomorrow night. Two separate gigs in one night. First, Incineration Festival just to see Carach Angren, they have a reasonably early in the evening time slot, so I can make my way to another venue in time to see Cult of Luna at Beyond the Redshift festival.

Dont forget Watch this great Band Set

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWGjG5Fbcbk
Post Reply 7991 posts