Post Reply 8247 posts
Your last gig and your next gig...
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

by BehnWilson » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:23 pm

Anyone know if he plays Celtic Frost material or is just his new bands stuff.

I cant make the Chicago show but depending on his setlist I might be tempted to travel to a nearby show if there is one convenient for me. Probably wont though. Rarely travel to other cities, i hate driving long distance.
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:32 pm

BehnWilson wrote:Anyone know if he plays Celtic Frost material or is just his new bands stuff.

I cant make the Chicago show but depending on his setlist I might be tempted to travel to a nearby show if there is one convenient for me. Probably wont though. Rarely travel to other cities, i hate driving long distance.

according to the youtube interview - half Celtic Frost/half Triptykon - check out the interviews I linked above - the dude is uber cool....love it when he talks about the artist Giger allowing him to use his artwork for the recent cover.

tour dates @ http://www.myspace.com/triptykonofficial

@ Goddess of Metal - great you are going to this as well! and great your concert weekend was awesome!! I missed the recent Katatonia/Swallow the Sun/Orphaned Land gig here but saw StS once and OL twice in the past 6 months - love them both! (and met Kobi Farhi of OL :cool: ) :cheers:
    Last edited by Laura on Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:35 pm

tyrwoman wrote:
    BehnWilson wrote:Anyone know if he plays Celtic Frost material or is just his new bands stuff.

according to the youtube interview - half Celtic Frost/half Triptykon - check out the interviews I linked above - the dude is uber cool....love it when he talks about the artist Giger allowing him to use his artwork for the recent cover. :death:

Cool. Thanks. Wiill listen to at home, cant do it at work. Would definitely check out this show if it werent for the Slayer/Megadeth gig on same night but those are two of my all time favs.

Never got to see Celtic Frost. Would love to hear Into The Crypts of Rays live.
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:01 pm

BehnWilson wrote:Cool. Thanks. Wiill listen to at home, cant do it at work. Would definitely check out this show if it werent for the Slayer/Megadeth gig on same night but those are two of my all time favs.

Didn't you go to the Slayer/Megadeth show here in August? (me, onenight, and DOGFACEGOD were there!) Or are you just going again 'cause you're a huge fan? ;)

Never saw Celtic Frost either - just bought the new Triptykon this morning on iTunes - just heard a bit so far but like what I hear. Btw, most likely I'm gonna skip Watain on 11/7 and Nile 11/8 :cry: - too much else going on around that time. I've never seen either, but hope to catch them next time around. Did you get Dimmu/Enslaved tickets yet? And, more importantly....did you book this cruise yet?? :beerwink:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:07 pm

tyrwoman wrote:
    BehnWilson wrote:Cool. Thanks. Wiill listen to at home, cant do it at work. Would definitely check out this show if it werent for the Slayer/Megadeth gig on same night but those are two of my all time favs.

Didn't you go to the Slayer/Megadeth show here in August? (me, onenight, and DOGFACEGOD were there!) Or are you just going again 'cause you're a huge fan? ;)

Never saw Celtic Frost either - just bought the new Triptykon this morning on iTunes - just heard a bit so far but like what I hear. Btw, most likely I'm gonna skip Watain on 11/7 and Nile 11/8 :cry: - too much else going on around that time. I've never seen either, but hope to catch them next time around. Did you get Dimmu/Enslaved tickets yet? And, more importantly....did you book this cruise yet?? :beerwink:

ha haa ;) You tellm Laura! get ur tix!!!
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:09 pm

tyrwoman wrote:

Im still debating on the cruise. Im still undecided at this point.

Havent bought Dimmu tix. HOB always has discounted tix when you go to shows, if you go to a metal show if tix sales are slow they sell tix to upcoming metal shows usually for $10 with no service charge. So I rarely buy HOB tix in advance unless I think its something that will sell out.

I will be going to Nile. Not sure on Watain/Goawhore. Im not into Watain and have seen Goatwhore about a lot. The same night, Danzig is playing (Im ok but kind of Meh on him) but his opening acts are Possessed and I believe Toxic Holocaust. I think Id prefer this show over Goatwhore.

Yep saw the Chicago Slayer/Megadeth show with Testament. This one has Anthrax. They played the entire Rust In Peace & Seasons albums on the Chiago stop. Since this is the 2nd half of the tour, Im hoping they change the setlist but am fine either way. These are 2 of my 5 favorite bands so Im seeing them twice in a short period.
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:33 pm

Last shows:
    8/19 Slayer, Megadeth, & Testament
    9/13 Despised Icon, Misery Index, & Revocation (I went more for Misery Index and Revocation, but I actually like Despised Icon's music... just can't stand their image)
    9/15 Katatonia, Orphaned Land, Swallow the Sun

Upcoming Shows:
    10/2 DRI and Woe of Tyrants
    10/15 Early Man, Evile, & Bonded By Blood
    10/22 Suffocation, Cattle Decapitation, Decrepit Birth, The Faceless, Devourment, Fleshgod Apocalypse & a bunch of other bands
    Vroethe
    Wiper

by Vroethe » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:51 pm

Last: Amon Amarth with Eluveitie and Holy Grail.
    Next: Unsure. Very few bands come to this area. DAMN YOU MANITOBA!!! :evil:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:21 am

Just got home from Raven, Entropia, Magnus Rising and Striker at the Red Room :headbanger:

Only one complaint and I'll save that for the RB thread. Other than that and another surprisingly low turnout, it was a great gig. Seriously can't even wait to see Raven again on the cruise. If they were firing up another set downtown right now I'd turn around and go back in a heartbeat. Definitely not 'everybody's' metal but right up my alley!! All 3 openers played good, short, tight sets as well.

No pics of Magnus Rising but here's a couple blurry iPhone shots of everyone else (sorry, they really are blurry lol)

Striker!

Entropia (no the vocalist isn't standing on anything, he's just crazy tall)

RAVEN!!!

Guitar Solo!

Bass Solo!

Check out that Life's A Bitch guitar and those flaming, metal shin pads haha!!!

Next gig - Devin Townsend free acoustic gig at Scrape Records on Thursday afternoon and then the full DTP show with early V.I.P. thing and all at the Rickshaw Friday night. :headbanger:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    junkhead13
    Chief Petty Officer

by junkhead13 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:10 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Next gig - Devin Townsend free acoustic gig at Scrape Records on Thursday afternoon and then the full DTP show with early V.I.P. thing and all at the Rickshaw Friday night. :headbanger:

Lucky bastard! Let us know how it is and see if you can get him to admit he is on the cruise!
    Have a good time...all the time.
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:39 pm

Last gig: Katatonia, Swallow the Sun, Orphaned Land, Nightfire.

Next gigs.... not sure of the exact dates, going to see Dimmu Borgir and Enslaved. Also, I'm going to the Watain, Goatwhore, Black Anvil show.... will be killer!!! :death:

ahhhhhhhh, sweet concerts..... :ugeek:

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:48 pm

Saw D.R.I., Woe of Tyrants and a couple local bands play in Detroit on Saturday night.

There was maybe 50 people at the show, which seems to be common for most of the shows I've been to this year.
    Not sure if it's just the shitty economy in the Detroit area, or what, but it's sad when bands like Katatonia, Soilwork and Entombed come to town and the small club isn't even half full.

What are the turnouts for club shows like in other areas of the US?
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:57 pm

well it's certainly not my NEXT gig, not till May of 2011 but I just bought tickets and I don't think I could be more stoked to see a band again. SYMPHONY X announced 2 dates New York and LA (sorry all of you in flyover country) in Apr and May. See complete details in this thread. http://www.70000tons.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=708

and in case you don't know 'em http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUn4jXZko5E

they are INcredible live!

so f'ing stoked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:26 am

Disaster Area wrote:well it's certainly not my NEXT gig, not till May of 2011 but I just bought tickets and I don't think I could be more stoked to see a band again. SYMPHONY X announced 2 dates New York and LA (sorry all of you in flyover country) in Apr and May. See complete details in this thread. http://www.70000tons.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=708

Symphony X! Nice! I would definitely see them if they ever came here. I only have the album The Divine Wings of Tragedy - love it and need to hear more of this band! Thanks for reminding me about them - had not listened to DWoT in a while - but am now on my home computer iTunes - love the song The Accolade http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr4gPS0gpdE :D
    Last edited by Laura on Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:36 am

Bentz! wrote:Saw D.R.I., Woe of Tyrants and a couple local bands play in Detroit on Saturday night.

There was maybe 50 people at the show, which seems to be common for most of the shows I've been to this year.
    Not sure if it's just the shitty economy in the Detroit area, or what, but it's sad when bands like Katatonia, Soilwork and Entombed come to town and the small club isn't even half full.

What are the turnouts for club shows like in other areas of the US?

50 people for DRI? Ouch! I saw them here in February (awesome!) and Reggies's was very packed - I think the capacity there is 350-400 people. The vast majority of metal shows I've been to here in recent years had big turnouts - I'm referring to venues like House of Blues (cap 1200), Reggies, and Bottom Lounge (cap 300-400?). Of course, Chicago is a big city though - nearly 2.9 million people in the main city and 8 or 9 million if you count the metro area - so one should expect pretty decent turnouts! :cheers:
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:27 am

tyrwoman wrote:
    Disaster Area wrote:well it's certainly not my NEXT gig, not till May of 2011 but I just bought tickets and I don't think I could be more stoked to see a band again. SYMPHONY X announced 2 dates New York and LA (sorry all of you in flyover country) in Apr and May. See complete details in this thread. http://www.70000tons.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=708

Symphony X! Nice! I would definitely see them if they ever came here. I only have the album The Divine Wings of Tragedy - love it and need to hear more of this band! Thanks for reminding me about them - had not listened to DWoT in a while - but am now on my home computer iTunes - love the song The Accolade http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr4gPS0gpdE :D

OMG if you like DWoT BUY THE LAST ALBUM "Paradise Lost" my god, it is in absolute MASTERPIECE! I will buy it from you if you don't agree, seriously, it is THAT amazing.
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    metalgoddess
    Midshipman

by metalgoddess » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:18 am

Saw Slash on Saturday night. Really great musicians playing with him. Best song was the one he wrote with Lemmy off his new solo album.

Just bought tickets to Halford at the Showbox in Seattle on Wed. Nov. 11! :beerhorns:
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:56 am

metalgoddess wrote:Just bought tickets to Halford at the Showbox in Seattle on Wed. Nov. 11! :beerhorns:

Just an FYI, because we only get Halford as an Ozzy opener, your post led me to check for other Off-Dates and I see that your Showbox gig is actually on Wed November 10th, not 11th... I hope that spares ya any complications ;) AND I'm F'ing JEALOUS!!! :headbanger: Much rather see a Halford headlining gig in a small venue than opening for a show I'm not interested in. :cry:

• Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:49 am

Disaster Area wrote:OMG if you like DWoT BUY THE LAST ALBUM "Paradise Lost" my god, it is in absolute MASTERPIECE! I will buy it from you if you don't agree, seriously, it is THAT amazing.

Thanks much for the recommendation! I'll definitely check it out! :cheers:
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:05 pm

metalgoddess wrote:Saw Slash on Saturday night. Really great musicians playing with him. Best song was the one he wrote with Lemmy off his new solo album.

Just bought tickets to Halford at the Showbox in Seattle on Wed. Nov. 11! :beerhorns:

Ohhhhhh awesome! Im jealous! ;)
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:35 pm

Was going to drive up to St Charles (about an hour and a half drive) to see Accept Thursday. I cant make it now it looks like, car troubles.. Oh well.

Service engine light just came on. Took car in for oil change this weekend and it was making a funny noise whenever I hit gas petal after the change, it was fine before. Should have weent back but stupidly didnt. Fucking Jiffy Lube grease monkeys. Light came on last night and Im too busy with work to take car in before concert (I walk to work). Thus sucks, badly. I hate freaking car problems. I live downtown and there is nowhere local to take it, have to drive out to the burbs.
  • Set
    Crewman

by Set » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:47 pm

Saw Iced Earth in Hollywood a couple weeks ago and they kicked ass as usual :headbanger:

Going to see Blind Guardian in Hollywood in December. Can't wait for this show, it's been quite a while since they've been here
    soundcurve
    Chief Petty Officer

by soundcurve » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:16 pm

Last: Katatonia

Next: 1349 this Friday (10/8).
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:21 am

Got my days mixed up, Accept is Saturday not Thursday so if my car is fixed by then (supposed to be ready on Friday) I should be able to make it.

:shred:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:37 am

junkhead13 wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:

Lucky bastard! Let us know how it is and see if you can get him to admit he is on the cruise!

I didn't ask him about the cruise as I'm certain he'd have already been sworn to secrecy if he was booked and it would only put him in an awkward position. I did ask him a question about his songwriting process which I think he misunderstood cuz it would've been a fairly short answer but instead he went on for quite a while without actually answering me, but everyone seemed to enjoy his rambling anyways.

A couple things he mentioned at the meet n' greet that I thought Devin fans here might be interested to learn...

- Just yesterday, he sent off the final mixes of part 3 in the 4 part DTP, Ghost, to be mastered.
    - At some point in the past year or so, he spent 4 months filming a 'totally crappy movie' revolving around our friend Ziltoid
    - Once DTP wraps up, there will be a 2nd Ziltoid project
    - Shortly after this 8 week tour that he just started tonight, he meets with the Rock Band people to put together a Ziltoid contribution to the game
    - Tonight's show was great but I wussed out as a result of my last couple days of work and school and little sleep wearing me down and, not only did I pass on yesterday's free acoustic set at Scrape records but, after tonight's meet n' greet and then 2 opening acts, I only lasted about 2/3 of his main DTP set before I folded like a cheap suit and left in search of food, my couch and (very soon) bed.
    - I'll add more later if I think of anything worth mentioning

A funny pic for y'all...

Next gig: Nevermore, Warbringer and Blackguard at the Red Room Nov 6th (unless it sells out before payday (plz noooo!!)

ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:33 am

SlaytanicE21 wrote:Dude, you should see if the local promoter offers any "passes" for future shows. I paid a certain amount once and have a LIFETIME pass here. Just a thought/suggestion.
    :beerhorns:

Hmm, never heard of such a thing but I recently met a guy who turned out to be the promoter of a whole shitload of the best shows to roll through town this summer so I'll make a point of asking him about this. Thanks

Also... I forgot to mention that the 2 opening acts last night could not have been further from one another on the spectrum of styles. The first band, The Thick of It, reminded me of Creed or Seven Mary Three but just did not fit the crowd or the bill at all but their half hour set went over okay and no one was too nasty to them. The next band, Tesseract from London/South UK, were pretty damn good. I'm probably way off as I'm not a huge prog metal guy but I'd say they reminded me most of Dream Theater or maybe Soilwork light (less death/more melodic)?. Lots of really complex time signatures, amazing drumming and a good balance of growly and melodic vocals. They went over very well and really got the crowd ready for DTP.

Their myspace page only offers a single, teaser track with a mix of snippets from various songs but here's a youtube vid of a song they did that sounded great:

TesseracT

TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:42 am

Last- Northwest Fuckfest- Day One (Last Friday)-

Next- The DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT (Tonight)

:cheers:
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
  • FLORIDABOYS
    Petty Officer

by FLORIDABOYS » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:49 am

Saw Slayer, Megadeth, and Anthrax at Hard Rock Live in Orlando last Saturday night. I will be going to Watain and Goatwhore in Tampa in November. :viking: :viking:
    2011 70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor AND Permanent charter member ofthe Spectrum Lounge Metal Bums who drink Blue Moon beer

Wish List: King Diamond, Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, and KING DIAMOND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

by ragnaröks_roller » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:30 pm

Last show: Katatonia, Swallow the Sun, Orphaned Land in Tucson (and Mesa the night before).

Next show: Bison b.c. here at home in Saskatoon.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:47 pm

ragnaröks_roller wrote:Next show: Bison b.c. here at home in Saskatoon.

:headbanger: :shred: :headbanger: :shred: :headbanger:

• ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

by ragnaröks_roller » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:43 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote: How did you like U.B.'s? I work for the promoter and unfortunately I missed that show. There's been a lot of complaints about how they don't serve liquor, place is too small, no room for gear, yeah yeah yeah...
    Next time you're in AZ message me! :cheers:

Unfortunately I think "next time" for me to be in AZ is going to be a ways away, especially with this cruise coming up! I was down to visit with family and friends in SW Utah, Vegas, Tucson, and Bisbee, only stopped in Mesa for the show. I liked U.B.'s actually. It was a little small, but the turn out for the show wasn't huge, so it was a nice fit I thought. I didn't notice the lack of liquor myself, as I'm a beer girl! It was kinda funny to be back in the States and have the bar area cordoned off so it could be an all-ages show for the under 21 crowd. The drinking age is 18 or 19 depending on what province you're in up here in Canada and most of the shows I go to even at big venues usually aren't all ages. I was SUPER impressed with the guys from Mosh Pit Army and their organization. The shows were both really fantastic!

:beerwink:
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:34 pm

I SAID

I AM GOING TO SEE DEVIN TOWNSEND TONIGHT

EVIL RED WILL BE THERE! :shred:

I will be drunk
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:46 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:I SAID

I will be drunk

Hey Scott,

Let me know how it is. DEVIN will be here next Friday. Still undecided about going. I have never seen him live. Thanks!
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2024 - Deck 7
    2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Angel.Dust-/-Angra-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Conception-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Devin.Townsend-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Helloween-/-In.Extremo-/-Kamelot-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Nanowar.of.Steel-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Powerwolf-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Riot.V-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Saor-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Serenity-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Twilight.Force-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warkings-/-Wind.Rose-/-Wintersun-/-Zebra
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:46 pm

It was AMAZING. Literally amazing. Felt bad DT was having some equiptment issues but he trucked right through and played for a hour and a half!! Fun night....his vocals were off the hook. Great gig.
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:09 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:I SAID

I will be drunk

Devy ruled. RULED!!! Not only is he just crazy talented, but he's hilarious onstage! Killer show! My next (national) will be Nile & Ex-Deo followed by Dimmu Borgir in November. YEAY!
    (Good seeing you there, Tommy Cruise.)

If you're on the fence about going, jump for tickets!
    I made the Devil do it.
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:19 pm

yes it was great to see you guys as well Evil one. I have to work mighty early tomorrow so I am sad that I am missing Immolation and Vader tonight at El Corazon.
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:47 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:yes it was great to see you guys as well Evil one. I have to work mighty early tomorrow so I am sad that I am missing Immolation and Vader tonight at El Corazon.

Yeah, I'm bummed I'm missing it too. I was supposed to meet Robin (merch girl) there but today starts another 12 day work week. Fuck. :cry:
    I made the Devil do it.
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:56 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    junkhead13 wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:

I didn't ask him about the cruise as I'm certain he'd have already been sworn to secrecy if he was booked and it would only put him in an awkward position. I did ask him a question about his songwriting process which I think he misunderstood cuz it would've been a fairly short answer but instead he went on for quite a while without actually answering me, but everyone seemed to enjoy his rambling anyways.

A couple things he mentioned at the meet n' greet that I thought Devin fans here might be interested to learn...

- Just yesterday, he sent off the final mixes of part 3 in the 4 part DTP, Ghost, to be mastered.
    - At some point in the past year or so, he spent 4 months filming a 'totally crappy movie' revolving around our friend Ziltoid
    - Once DTP wraps up, there will be a 2nd Ziltoid project
    - Shortly after this 8 week tour that he just started tonight, he meets with the Rock Band people to put together a Ziltoid contribution to the game
    - Tonight's show was great but I wussed out as a result of my last couple days of work and school and little sleep wearing me down and, not only did I pass on yesterday's free acoustic set at Scrape records but, after tonight's meet n' greet and then 2 opening acts, I only lasted about 2/3 of his main DTP set before I folded like a cheap suit and left in search of food, my couch and (very soon) bed.
    - I'll add more later if I think of anything worth mentioning

A funny pic for y'all...

Next gig: Nevermore, Warbringer and Blackguard at the Red Room Nov 6th (unless it sells out before payday (plz noooo!!)

That's awesome! When I saw Dev doing his acoustic set in Renton, that's exactly how he answered questions and he said he like's doing it that way. He gets rolling on a story after a question and 20 minutes later you realize he just answered it. :mrgreen:

I was going to ask you, is the Red Room the old Plaza / Venue?
    I made the Devil do it.
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:06 pm

I miss Devin Townsend's skullet.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:44 pm

Evil Red wrote:I was going to ask you, is the Red Room the old Plaza / Venue?

No, Venue is still there across from the Commodore. Saw Helmet there the weekend before last. Red Room is 2 blocks East of Granville on Richards and about a mile or so further North, about the same capacity but less of a dance club as it has a couple pool tables and lots of TVs.

BehnWilson wrote:I miss Devin Townsend's skullet.

Devin was making fun of himself and mentioned the skullet at the meet n' greet and just the word skullet got everyone cheering and chanting SKULL-IT, SKULL-IT!!

Post Reply 8247 posts