Post Reply 7977 posts
Your last gig and your next gig...
  • AllisonC1978
    Oiler

Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

by AllisonC1978 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:07 am

Last gig: Last Night Children of Bodom with Tyr and Death Angel..major disappointment at Tyr's ridiculously short set

Next Gigs:
    Iced Earth/Sabaton April 12 St. Andrew's Hall Detroit
    Metal Alliance Tour April 24th Cleveland
    Paganfest May 17th Harpo's Detroit
    Sonata Arctica Spetember Cleveland
    70,000 tons
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:30 am

Last gig: Animals as Leaders.

Amazing musicianship, but everything else was god awful. Zero crowd interaction, little to no stage presence (basically stood still the entire time) and the over-sized screen in the background playing a dance/electronic light show was horribly distracting. Don't get me started on the stupidly random metalcore/prog crowd... so much flailing.

Next: Wacken Metal Battle w/ Unleash the Archers. Possibly Carcass before that, but I don't think I have the time that day.
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:45 am

klons wrote:Last gig: Animals as Leaders.

Amazing musicianship, but everything else was god awful. Zero crowd interaction, little to no stage presence (basically stood still the entire time) and the over-sized screen in the background playing a dance/electronic light show was horribly distracting. Don't get me started on the stupidly random metalcore/prog crowd... so much flailing.

That's actually really surprising. The Calgary show was awesome. He was really moving on stage, the crowd had good energy, he made sure to talk to the crowd every couple songs. Maybe he was burned out from the awesomeness of the Calgary show :P
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:28 am

Last show: Led Zeppelin 2 this past Friday. They are a very good cover band from Chicago. They performed Physical Graffiti in its entirety.
    Next show: Gary Numan this Sunday

Was supposed to have Jake E. Lee's Red Dragon Cartel on Saturday but the band cancelled.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:36 am

Last gig: either to long ago or to much alcohol (probably the last) to remember

Next gigs:
    Van canto 03-04
    Kampfar 04-04
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:56 pm

Sgt. B wrote:Last show: Led Zeppelin 2 this past Friday. They are a very good cover band from Chicago. They performed Physical Graffiti in its entirety.

Good to know that Led Zep 2 is good - I've seen their gigs listed before (including the recent tour which was at HoB I think). If I'd realized they were doing Physical Grafitti I might have gone - love that one since it came out.

I've been on the fence about Gary Numan (here at Metro on Sat) - I'm sure I would end up liking the gig (and I know Moxie enjoyed seeing him recently).....but for some reason, it's not screaming "you must go!!" to me.

Are you familiar with the band The Shining (from Norway)? The Ocean has toured with them in Europe and they sound intriguing from descriptions (haven't listened yet). Turns out they're going to be at Chicago's Metro on April 11 I believe. Godflesh is coming up at Metro as well - I seem to remember you were gonna come to the late 2013 gig here before it was postponed. You coming to the rescheduled April date? I haven't bought a ticket yet, but there is about a 90% chance I'll go - would really love to see them again.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:02 pm

Last Gig: Cruachan, St Petersburg, Russia

Next Gig: Keep It True, Some place, Germany (Mainly for Jag Panzer)
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:04 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    klons wrote:Last gig: Animals as Leaders.

That's actually really surprising. The Calgary show was awesome. He was really moving on stage, the crowd had good energy, he made sure to talk to the crowd every couple songs. Maybe he was burned out from the awesomeness of the Calgary show :P

I really don't know what it was, things just seemed off. Tosin moved back and forth in maybe a five foot cube towards the back of the stage and that was it. The most he said to the crowd (two, maybe three times) was one liners in reference to the "zombies" (homeless people, Rickshaw is in the shitty part of downtown) around the venue.
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:21 am

Laura wrote:
    Sgt. B wrote:Last show: Led Zeppelin 2 this past Friday. They are a very good cover band from Chicago. They performed Physical Graffiti in its entirety.

Good to know that Led Zep 2 is good - I've seen their gigs listed before (including the recent tour which was at HoB I think). If I'd realized they were doing Physical Grafitti I might have gone - love that one since it came out.

I've been on the fence about Gary Numan (here at Metro on Sat) - I'm sure I would end up liking the gig (and I know Moxie enjoyed seeing him recently).....but for some reason, it's not screaming "you must go!!" to me.

Are you familiar with the band The Shining (from Norway)? The Ocean has toured with them in Europe and they sound intriguing from descriptions (haven't listened yet). Turns out they're going to be at Chicago's Metro on April 11 I believe. Godflesh is coming up at Metro as well - I seem to remember you were gonna come to the late 2013 gig here before it was postponed. You coming to the rescheduled April date? I haven't bought a ticket yet, but there is about a 90% chance I'll go - would really love to see them again.

I think Led Zeppelin 2 played Physical Graffiti in Chicago the day after my show. They are Chicago based. The singer is from Yakuza/Corrections House/Circle of Animals. I guess this band is where he makes money to allow him to keep doing the other bands.

I know of the Norwegian The Shining. I have never seen them. I am planning to catch them the day after your show when they open the Dillenger Escape Plan tour.

I am not planning on catching Godflesh on this tour. I don't have as much extra vacation this year. My track record with them is pretty poor. I saw them once out of the 4 times I have tried. They cancelled the remaining tour the night before my show, broke up before a scheduled tour, & were denied entry to the US this past fall.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:38 am

Laura wrote:

Laura... last time Gary Numan toured here was '98... so, it's a rare treat... he might not be touringanymore in another 15 years
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:22 am

Last gig
    Ahab - 16/03 in Athens.

Next gig
    van Canto - 02/04 in London.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:24 pm

3/28: Children Of Bodom/Death Angel/Tyr
    3/29: The Ocean/Scale The Summit/Atlas Moth
    3/31: Black Sabbath
    4/1 : Kraftwerk
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:05 pm

Conrad wrote:Next gig
    van Canto - 02/04 in London.

NICE!

Last gig VOYAGER/ORPHANED LAND

Next gig (Tonite!)
    ORPHEUS OMEGA / BE'LAKOR / DARK TRANQUILLITY
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Wolves-In-The-Throne-Room-/-Halestorm-/-70K
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:33 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    Last gig VOYAGER

Next gig (Tonite!)
    BE'LAKOR

I hate u :oops: :cry:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:39 pm

LOL - I really have no idea what to expect as I've never heard them, let alone seen them.

But I have my fully charged video camera (the one that takes good quality audio!) so I promise to grab a full song or two on video tonite, just for you :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:31 pm

Next gig: Behind Dead Eyes @Äänekoski tonight

Not sure what kind of metal they even play, probably some sort of thrash-y stuff. But, I'll go as it's my nephew (70k survivor) Niki's band. :shred:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:05 am

Last gig:
    Trondheim Metal Fest three weeks ago.
    Best bands: Orden Ogan and Triosphere
    Biggest positive surprise: Carach Angren
    Biggest disappointment: At the Gates

Next gigs:
    Van Canto + Winterstorm + Surprise guest(s), Düsseldorf 12.04.
    Van Canto + Winterstorm + Orden Ogan, Dortmund 13.04.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Ihsahn-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Abinchova-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Elvenking-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Grave.Digger-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Izegrim-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kivimetsän.Druidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Orphaned.Land-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-SuidAkrA-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-Tengger.Cavalry-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-U.D.O.-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Wintersun-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:02 am

Speedy wrote:Last gig:
    Biggest positive surprise: Carach Angren

Next gigs:
    Van Canto + Winterstorm + Surprise guest(s), Düsseldorf 12.04.

Great! Saw Carach Angren and Summer Breeze, they were awesome. Going to see them again May 10th at a black metal fest here in London. Don't like black metal so I'm going just to see them.

A friend of mine is seeing van Canto in Düsseldorf! But I'm seeing them in London next week. But seeing Within Temptation on the 12.04.

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:51 pm

If you'll pardon my language, FUCK!

Orpheus Omega/Be'Lakor/Dark Tranquillity last night was definitely the best start to finish show I've ever seen.

Every band killed it. Absolutely killed it. Never see the like of that again in Brisbane I reckon.

Next gigs will be seeing Gloryhammer three times in three days :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:08 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Next gigs will be seeing Gloryhammer three times in three days :D

Err, ahem. I hate you. :cry:
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:57 am

Last show - Thursday - Tool @ US Airways Center. Amazing show.
    Next show - Friday - Behemoth, Goatwhore, 1349, Inquisition, Black Crown Initiate
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:32 pm

Laura wrote:Last gig (last night at the Chicago Theater)
    Freakishly awesome - was totally blown away by all these guys playing tribute to the late, great Jimi Hendrix - especially 77 year old Chicago rock & blues legend Buddy Guy. We'd seen him before, but it had been a long time. And Zakk Wylde doing Purple Haze..... wow. I'd see him again in a heartbeat (first time seeing him) - what a performer - and over-the-top badass hot "metal guy."
    :P :mrgreen: *swoons*

Holy crap! Now, that's a show! SO jelly!
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:37 am

Malaka wrote:Last show - Thursday - Tool @ US Airways Center. Amazing show.

Nice! I wished they'd come to London again, they haven't been here since 2007, it's about time.

2019 Wishlist:
    TheSalamanizer
    Crewman

by TheSalamanizer » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:23 am

Laura wrote:Last Gig: The Ocean, Scale the Summit, & Atlas Moth at Subterranean in Wicker Park, Chicago last night.

Well, as expected, it was a night of outstanding music and performance. I know I say that about a lot of things….but seriously, The Ocean doing Pelagial in its entirety was one of those “peak” music experiences that I will never forget. I love the idea of a band performing an entire album – and in my view – that is the way that any song from Pelagial *must* be heard, that is, as part of the whole epic Concept Album that it is. I’d listened to the album many, many times before (at least 25?), so my familiarity with its ebbs and flows most definitely enhanced the experience. Simply put, the music/concept is expansive, deep & breathtaking.

Bathyalpelagic II: The Wish in Dreams http://youtu.be/iZ83joKMyUs

Oh, and Scale the Summit was fantastic as well!!

:shred:

I saw Scale the Summit and The Ocean on Friday in Philly. Didn't get quite the same experience as you, the venue wasn't a good place to get lost in how epic Pelagial truly is. But they were very good. Scale the Summit really brought it too, I'll see them anywhere and anytime I possibly can.

I should be going to this today, to see Iron Reagan at a minimum:

2015 - cabin 9375
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:33 pm

Last gigs were Anathema twice in NYC and once in Philadelphia.

Next gig:
    April 12 Philadelphia: Carcass, Gorguts

Upcoming:
    April: 17 Philadelphia: Revamp, Sabaton
    May 9 Philadelphia: Ulcerate
    May 17 Philadelphia: Solstafir, Junius
    May 22 Baltimore: Maryland Deathfest
    September 5 Philadelphia: Delain, Xandria
    January 22: 70K 2015
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:05 pm

My last gig was Children Of Bodom, supported by Tyr and Death Angel. The next one, April 7, I'm going to see Black Sabbath for the first, and most likely the last time.
    2015: Cabin 9527
    2016: Cabin 9219
    2017: Cabin 9675
    2018: Cabin 8215
    2019: Cabin 7449
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:19 am

Last show: Gary Numan last night. Awesome show.
    Next show: Doubleheader on Tuesday -
    Going to the Broken Hope/Rivers of Nihil/Kubla Khan show early. Leave after Broken Hope is done so I don't have to see Oceano. Then either one of the two:
    a.) Trivium
    b.) The Sounds

I am leaning toward The Sounds. If set times work out, I might be able to do all three. Glad they are all within walking distance.

DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:08 am

Sgt. B wrote:Last show: Gary Numan last night. Awesome show.
    Going to the Broken Hope/Rivers of Nihil/Kubla Khan show early. Leave after Broken Hope is done so I don't have to see Oceano. Then either one of the two:
    a.) Trivium
    b.) The Sounds

I am leaning toward The Sounds. If set times work out, I might be able to do all three. Glad they are all within walking distance.

my ONLY complaint was that he didn't play a single track from Exile... but, I did see him on the Exile tour, so at least I've seen those songs live... I'd like to think I'll get to see him again, but in 15 years he's gonna be old old
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:23 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    Sgt. B wrote:Last show: Gary Numan last night. Awesome show.
    a.) Trivium
    b.) The Sounds

my ONLY complaint was that he didn't play a single track from Exile... but, I did see him on the Exile tour, so at least I've seen those songs live... I'd like to think I'll get to see him again, but in 15 years he's gonna be old old

I think it was 8 years since he had last played in my town. I'm hoping it isn't that long until he returns.

LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:15 am

April 9th - Sabaton & Iced Earth @ Stage AE - Pittsburgh PA
    April 10th - Sabaton & Iced Earth (VIP tix) @ Newport Music Hall - Columbus OH
    April 11th - Sabaton & Iced Earth @ Agora Ballroom - Cleveland OH
    April 12th - Sabaton & Iced Earth @ St. Andrews Hall - Detroit MI

April 18th - Sabaton @ Iced Earth @ Best Buy Theater NYC

April 28th- Pagan Fest @ Irving Plaza NYC

April 30th - Primal Fear @ Stage 48 NYC

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:42 am

You're really going to see Iced Earth and Sabaton 5 time ? :shock:

I'll see them in Montreal on April 17.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:07 am

MikeB wrote:You're really going to see Iced Earth and Sabaton 5 time ? :shock:

You know how every couple has their own "song"? Their "song" is Sabaton's discography :lol:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:30 am

Stained Class wrote:

You know how every couple has their own "song"? Their "song" is Sabaton's discography :lol:

:lol:

Last: Wacken Metal Battle. Neck of the Woods, go check that shit out, ridiculous on stage energy. Says something when they beat out Unleash the Archers (wildcard save ftw).

Next: Possibly Scythia on Friday, if I'm not coaching soccer. If not...

May 2: Behemoth
    May 3: Wacken Metal Battle semi-finals
    May 7: Iced Earth/Sabaton/ReVamp
    May 8: Korpiklaani/Turisas
    May 11: Primal Fear/Unleash the Archers
    May 20: Lindsey Stirling
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:46 am

Last show: Was able to do the triple header last night:
    a.) Broken Hope/Rivers of Nihil/Kubla Khan show early
    b.) The Sounds - Saw all but half the last song
    c.) Trivium - Saw the last half of the show

Next show: Asking Alexandra/August Burns Red/We Came As Romans tonight. Not sure how much I will actually see as I will be working at the show.

Sokaris
    Oiler

by Sokaris » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:16 am

Last one was Behemoth/Cradle of Filth/ Inquisition/ In Solitude

Next one?! I don't know yet, but already got tickets for:
    11th of June: Slayer / Crowbar
    16th of June: Anthrax
    20th of June: Black Sabbath / Soundgarden
    +70K 2015
    | 70K - 2013 Cabin Number: 4523 |
    | 70K - 2015 Cabin Number: 9621 |
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:49 pm

Yep, really am.

We love Iced Earth, but this is for Sabaton. 2 years ago we went to 6 Sabaton concerts in a row for our honeymoon. So our anniversary just passed, so its good timing to do it again as a celebration for us! We have such a good time!!!

LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:50 pm

Stained Class wrote:

pretty much this!

MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:18 pm

That's great ! Have some good times there. Can't wait to see them in two weeks. Let us know how awesome those shows are.
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:43 am

MikeB wrote:That's great ! Have some good times there. Can't wait to see them in two weeks. Let us know how awesome those shows are.

you got it! \m/

Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:27 am

Last show: Asking Alexandra/August Burns Red/We Came As Romans last night.

Didn't see much of the show as I was working at the front door. Saw a couple ABR songs & the last 6 of Asking Alexandria.

Next show: Carcass/Black Dahlia Murder/Gorguts/Noisem on Friday.

We are supposed to get 6-10 inches of snow overnight. I hope the bands make it to town.

Post Reply 7977 posts