Oct. 24 - The Complex @ Salt Lake City, UT
    Oct. 25 - Ogden Theatre @ Denver, CO
    Oct. 27 - The Rave @ Milwaukee, WI
    Oct. 28 - Vic Theatre @ Chicago, IL
    Oct. 29 - St. Andrews Hall @ Detroit, MI
    Oct. 30 - Guelph Concert Theatre @ Guelph, ON
    Oct. 31 - Mr Smalls Theatre @ Millvale, PA
    Nov. 01 - Rams Head Live! – Baltimore, MD

October 1st is the only Florida date. Nothing better than metal on Disney property :death: :lol: :death:

So which Floridians are going to make the venture to the "Mouse House" ? I've already told the wife to clear a date on the calendar. :mrgreen:
    Last edited by KevinP on Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

Re: OPETH/KATATONIA 2011 Tour - Forum Meetups

by Daenerys » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:45 am

Just checked it out today! You know Brian and I will be there! :cheers: We're both huge Opeth and Katatonia fans, and I've NEVER seen either, soooo excited that they listed an Orlando show!! And the HoB is closer than going to downtown O-land :D
    I want what we've never had!

Hypocrisy-IHSAHN-Primordial-GrandMagus-Powerwolf-Myrath-Hell-Opeth-Borknagar-Leprous-SteelPanther-Voyager
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:59 am

October 11th! Never seen either band either. I know Marlo and Jake are big Opeth fans, should be a good time.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:28 am

Will be my first time for both bands as well.

I'm sure we can rope something Disney related into this trip just for shits and giggles as well Steph. I wonder if the south florida brethren will venture up north for this ?
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:36 am

Stained Class wrote:October 11th! Never seen either band either. I know Marlo and Jake are big Opeth fans, should be a good time.

You bet man. I'll be there like nobody's business. I haven't seen Opeth in several years, and I've never had the chance to see Katatonia; Both are fantastic!
    Shame its on a Tuesday, but oh well! :beerwink:
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

Daenerys
    Midshipman

Re: OPETH / KATATONIA 2011 Tour - Forum Meetups

by Daenerys » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:52 am

KevinP wrote:I'm sure we can rope something Disney related into this trip just for shits and giggles as well Steph. I wonder if the south florida brethren will venture up north for this ?

I'm sure we can! If you think of anything, let me know. I actually haven't been to Disney since like 2004 lol. That's what happens when you live 45 min from Busch Gardens though :lol: I suppose Dave might show up, pretty sure I'll see him at ProgPower so I'll ask him then. Maybe Captain Metal will join us as well :beerwink:

Hypocrisy-IHSAHN-Primordial-GrandMagus-Powerwolf-Myrath-Hell-Opeth-Borknagar-Leprous-SteelPanther-Voyager
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:05 am

Daenerys wrote:
    KevinP wrote:I'm sure we can rope something Disney related into this trip just for shits and giggles as well Steph. I wonder if the south florida brethren will venture up north for this ?

I'm sure we can! If you think of anything, let me know. I actually haven't been to Disney since like 2004 lol. That's what happens when you live 45 min from Busch Gardens though :lol: I suppose Dave might show up, pretty sure I'll see him at ProgPower so I'll ask him then. Maybe Captain Metal will join us as well :beerwink:

Um, who's Dave ??????
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:11 am

:lol: Dave is a guy from the Miami area who posted like 3 times on the forum last year. Brian and I see him at almost like EVERY show we go to somehow. He was at the Sabaton/Accept gig, he has REALLLLLLLY long wavy hair. Can't remember what name he posted under, Warrior-something maybe? :?

Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:32 am

Good grief - I got so lost in the Black Metal thread walls of texts and links, I barely noticed this one. :lol: :beerhorns:

Well, OF COURSE I'm going to the Chicago gig - The Vic is a great venue too - very few metal bands play there. I may even go to the Milwaukee gig as well.

Oh, and by the Opeth way - I had The Drapery Falls on my mind when I woke up this morning. :cool: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBn7GDwc ... re=related
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:52 am

Daenerys wrote: He was at the Sabaton/Accept gig, he has REALLLLLLLY long wavy hair.

You do realize I'm married to a female ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

But I'm sure Laura would know who he is or at the very least "dream/froth" about him. :beerwink:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:06 am

this puts me in a tough spot, because I don't know my move date, and the shows will certainly sell out... they are here on Halloween, but I really hope to be in Florida by then... Florida on my birthday, but no guarantee I'll be there... WHAT TO DO?!
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:16 am

KevinP wrote:
    Daenerys wrote: He was at the Sabaton/Accept gig, he has REALLLLLLLY long wavy hair.

You do realize I'm married to a female ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

But I'm sure Laura would know who he is or at the very least "dream/froth" about him. :beerwink:

His name screen name is warrior86, he's from Boca Raton, FL, and he's been to Teotihuacan, Mexico. :beerwink:

Kevin - you commented lately that I have a good memory. Indeed, I do. Here's a funny - he posted a picture very early on in the pic thread of himself at Teotihuacan viewtopic.php?f=4&t=233&start=200 (coincidentally a place Kate has been to and a place on my bucket list - we discussed this at dinner in fact) - well that stuck in my mind and when I met him on the cruise (or was it the Transit Lounge - that part I don't remember due to way TOO much alcohol :party: )....I said hello and that I remembered him from the Teotihuacan picture on the forum. I think he was pretty surprised I remembered that. ;) :P
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:39 am

Laura wrote:His name screen name is warrior86, he's from Boca Raton, FL, and he's been to Teotihuacan, Mexico. :beerwink:

Kevin - you commented lately that I have a good memory. Indeed, I do. Here's a funny - he posted a picture very early on in the pic thread of himself at Teotihuacan viewtopic.php?f=4&t=233&start=200 (coincidentally a place Kate has been to and a place on my bucket list - we discussed this at dinner in fact) - well that stuck in my mind and when I met him on the cruise (or was it the Transit Lounge - that part I don't remember due to way TOO much alcohol :party: )....I said hello and that I remembered him from the Teotihuacan picture on the forum. I think he was pretty surprised I remembered that. ;) :P

:lol: Too funny. I just made a total "stab in the dark JOKE" and it's actually true. I just figured he was a dude with long hair so you had to go GAGA over him. Little did I know. :heavydrink:

You memory comes and goes. I haven't forgotten the John Muir incident :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:08 pm

Detroit on Oct 29! Another great Halloween weekend show in the D! There's only one other Detroit area cruiser I know of on the forums, but I've run into about a dozen or so fellow 70k tons-ers at shows afterwards. I'm sure just about every metalhead in the area will be there that night!
    shaneos
    Chief Petty Officer

by shaneos » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:23 pm

Sept 28 for Nashville. I haven't see either live so definitely looking forward to this one. :headbanger:
    Wed night so my boss is just going to have to put up with me stumbling in bleary eyed on Thursday.

Laura: The Vic is indeed an awesome venue. I caught a great gig there back in 2003. Nile, Naplam Death, Strapping Young Lad, Dark Tranquillity and The Beserker. I didn't even realize there was a balcony until just before the headliners came on.
    Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:57 pm

I will probably go to the one on October 21st in Tempe :D
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Deathbringer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Deathbringer » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:19 pm

shaneos wrote:Sept 28 for Nashville. I haven't see either live so definitely looking forward to this one. :headbanger:
    Wed night so my boss is just going to have to put up with me stumbling in bleary eyed on Thursday.

Another Nashvillian on the forum! I live in Murfreesboro. I will definitely be there.
    Steve110
    Petty Officer

by Steve110 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:36 pm

Hmm... Seen Opeth three times and I sort of got over Katatonia a few years ago. But an opportunity to meet some cruisers before January? Sounds like fun! Anybody hitting up the LA, Pomona, or San Diego dates?
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:10 pm

Steve110 wrote:Hmm... Seen Opeth three times and I sort of got over Katatonia a few years ago. But an opportunity to meet some cruisers before January? Sounds like fun! Anybody hitting up the LA, Pomona, or San Diego dates?

Hey Steve, I am going to the show in San Diego. I believe you are rooming with Debb and Eric. They are both good friends of mine. :D I will talk to Eric and see if he is also going. :headbanger:
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Almanac-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Black.Fate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Edguy-/-Ex.Deo-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Impellitteri-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Extremo-/-Inglorious-/-Jorn-/-Juvaliant-/-Kotipelto-/-Lord-/-Marillion-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nightingale-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Persefone-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Primal.Fear-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Running.Wild-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Vintersorg-/-Vision.Divine-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warlord-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Zebra
    Steve110
    Petty Officer

by Steve110 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:25 pm

Nice! Yeah it would be good to meet my roommates before we're all cramped in a tiny cabin together. I don't need much of an excuse to go to San Diego either.
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:28 pm

Steve110 wrote:Nice! Yeah it would be good to meet my roommates before we're all cramped in a tiny cabin together. I don't need much of an excuse to go to San Diego either.

Debb won't be there. She lives in AZ. You won't be cramped in there because you will never be in the the cabin anyway!! :lol: :lol: :lol: We don't sleep on this cruise!! ;)
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Almanac-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Black.Fate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Edguy-/-Ex.Deo-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Impellitteri-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Extremo-/-Inglorious-/-Jorn-/-Juvaliant-/-Kotipelto-/-Lord-/-Marillion-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nightingale-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Persefone-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Primal.Fear-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Running.Wild-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Vintersorg-/-Vision.Divine-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warlord-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Zebra
    ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

by ragnaröks_roller » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:33 pm

I've come *this* close to seeing Opeth a bunch of times over the years but have never actually made it for reasons of timing or money or both. Will be going this time in October in Edmonton! (Who knows? Might be a "local" show for me by then.) I'm looking forward to it!

I saw Katatonia on their tour with Swallow the Sun and Orphaned Land in Arizona last year (both Mesa and Tuscon actually) and I'll share what I think is probably not a common sentiment: I thought the performance was kinda "so-so". I actually left in the middle of their set in Tucson, as I still had a couple hours of driving to do that night to make it to Bisbee. I wasn't familiar with their newer material and I think I may have been thinking too much along the lines of their older stuff. Ah well, I guess they'll get another shot in October! :D
    metalgoddess
    Midshipman

by metalgoddess » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:44 am

Wow, a Saturday night in Seattle??? I'm there!
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:49 pm

ragnaröks_roller wrote:I've come *this* close to seeing Opeth a bunch of times over the years but have never actually made it for reasons of timing or money or both. Will be going this time in October in Edmonton! (Who knows? Might be a "local" show for me by then.) I'm looking forward to it!

I saw Katatonia on their tour with Swallow the Sun and Orphaned Land in Arizona last year (both Mesa and Tuscon actually) and I'll share what I think is probably not a common sentiment: I thought the performance was kinda "so-so". I actually left in the middle of their set in Tucson, as I still had a couple hours of driving to do that night to make it to Bisbee. I wasn't familiar with their newer material and I think I may have been thinking too much along the lines of their older stuff. Ah well, I guess they'll get another shot in October! :D

You were there???? I was at the Tucson show, too! hah small world
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:04 pm

KevinP wrote:You memory comes and goes. I haven't forgotten the John Muir incident :mrgreen:

You are forgetting - I knew/know who John Muir is - I just didn't get the joke (d'oh!)

shaneos wrote:Laura: The Vic is indeed an awesome venue. I caught a great gig there back in 2003. Nile, Naplam Death, Strapping Young Lad, Dark Tranquillity and The Beserker. I didn't even realize there was a balcony until just before the headliners came on.

That sound like a great gig! None of those bands were on my radar in 2003, but would def. see a show with that line up today - I've never seen the first three in the list. I saw The Bezerker a few years ago as an opener - didn't know them at all but really liked them - bought an awesome shirt of theirs and I wore it on the cruise. It seems many people don't know who they are. Yep - looking forward to going back to The Vic - I lived in an apartment across the street when it was still a pretty bombed out neighborhood - it's real nice around there now. I've only seen a small mixed bag of shows there in recent years - Bauhaus, Rodrigo y Gabriela, and Porcupine Tree.
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:45 pm

ragnaröks_roller wrote:Will be going this time in October in Edmonton! (Who knows? Might be a "local" show for me by then.) I'm looking forward to it!

Really?? I didn't know you were thinking about making it back to Alberta, job stuff or anything else? That would be awesome!
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

by ragnaröks_roller » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:32 pm

KDibildox wrote:You were there???? I was at the Tucson show, too! hah small world

Yep. Would have been great to know some other folks! I have a tendency to help make this world REALLY small by traveling a fair amount. :) My parents were living in Utah 'til recently so last fall I flew form here to Vegas, hung out with them for a week, then went back and spent day with a friend in Vegas. I rented a car (put 900 miles on it in 5 days) and took some much needed "me time" and drove by myself from Vegas to Bisbee to visit another friend. Worked perfectly that the Katatonia/StS/Orphaned Land shows were placed right in between so I hit them both. I would have been the rather out-of-place girl in the Kreator denim vest sweating her ass off in 117 degree weather (IN SEPTEMBER) wandering aimlessly between sets who didn't have any friends to talk to!

vikingbitch wrote:
    ragnaröks_roller wrote:Will be going this time in October in Edmonton! (Who knows? Might be a "local" show for me by then.) I'm looking forward to it!

Really?? I didn't know you were thinking about making it back to Alberta, job stuff or anything else? That would be awesome!

It's still a pretty fresh idea, but it's solid. I think I'm going to move to Edmonton in the fall. This big fish is feeling cramped in the small pond that is Saskatoon. Figure I might give E-town a try since I already did Calgary, but I'm looking forward to Calgary being MUCH closer if I do this! :D
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:02 am

Well Kevin already knows through Facebook that Diana and I will be going to this (It's two of her favorite bands). makes for a good excuse to get out of town for a couple of days.

As for Metal Dave (as we call him around here), I informed him of the show, but haven't heard back from him as of yet. I can think of a few others that'll be going as well (some from the cruise and some not). We may very well form some sort of Metal Caravan for the trek North. This is still months away, so there's plenty of time to plan.

And I'll be damned, if that Firewind/Arsis/White Wizzard/Nightrage tour isn't hitting St. Pete a week later. Not sure I'll be able to make that one.
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    shaneos
    Chief Petty Officer

by shaneos » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:45 am

[quote="Deathbringer"][quote="shaneos"]Sept 28 for Nashville. I haven't see either live so definitely looking forward to this one. :headbanger:

[/quote]

Another Nashvillian on the forum! I live in Murfreesboro. I will definitely be there.[/quote]

Cool, It's at the Cannery too and not Rocketown which is great, won't have to smuggle in my mini JD bottles :cheers:
    Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.
    Deathbringer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Deathbringer » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:31 am

shaneos wrote:
    Deathbringer wrote:
    shaneos wrote:Sept 28 for Nashville. I haven't see either live so definitely looking forward to this one. :headbanger:

Another Nashvillian on the forum! I live in Murfreesboro. I will definitely be there.

Cool, It's at the Cannery too and not Rocketown which is great, won't have to smuggle in my mini JD bottles :cheers:

Yep, the Cannery is pretty sweet. I haven't been to Rocketown in years. I think the only times I have been is when my former band played there.... what a horrible place.
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:01 pm

ragnaröks_roller wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:

It's still a pretty fresh idea, but it's solid. I think I'm going to move to Edmonton in the fall. This big fish is feeling cramped in the small pond that is Saskatoon. Figure I might give E-town a try since I already did Calgary, but I'm looking forward to Calgary being MUCH closer if I do this! :D

That's awesome Anika! Can't imagine how you do it in Saskatoon, ughhh Saskatchewan... yes can definitely see how the small pond thing applies! I've been told that Edmontonia has a better metal scene than Calgary, sounds like it will be a good change of pace for you! How does this affect your Derby stuff since you're so involved with it there?
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:26 pm

Come West young metalheads!!!

Eventually you'll all end up in Vancouver ;)
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:09 pm

[quote=

Laura: The Vic is indeed an awesome venue. I caught a great gig there back in 2003. Nile, Naplam Death, Strapping Young Lad, Dark Tranquillity and The Beserker. I didn't even realize there was a balcony until just before the headliners came on.[/quote]

I've been to the Vic a few times myself. I seen Savatage and Trouble there back in '90 or '91 and some guy fell off the balcony and landed on the cement floor. I think he laid there for about a half hour before the paramedics came and took him out on a stretcher.
    It's one of my favorite Chicago venues, I may have to go to the Opeth show also. Would be my 4th time seeing them. Seen Katatonia once in Cleveland a few years ago.
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:42 pm

ragnaröks_roller wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:You were there???? I was at the Tucson show, too! hah small world

Yep. Would have been great to know some other folks! I have a tendency to help make this world REALLY small by traveling a fair amount. :) My parents were living in Utah 'til recently so last fall I flew form here to Vegas, hung out with them for a week, then went back and spent day with a friend in Vegas. I rented a car (put 900 miles on it in 5 days) and took some much needed "me time" and drove by myself from Vegas to Bisbee to visit another friend. Worked perfectly that the Katatonia/StS/Orphaned Land shows were placed right in between so I hit them both. I would have been the rather out-of-place girl in the Kreator denim vest sweating her ass off in 117 degree weather (IN SEPTEMBER) wandering aimlessly between sets who didn't have any friends to talk to!

Such a shame we didn't know each other yet! I also went solo, though I did make some gig friends while there. Next time, let me know if you're ever around, even if it's not a gig I want to see I'll join ya :)
    ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

by ragnaröks_roller » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:08 pm

vikingbitch wrote:That's awesome Anika! Can't imagine how you do it in Saskatoon, ughhh Saskatchewan... yes can definitely see how the small pond thing applies! I've been told that Edmontonia has a better metal scene than Calgary, sounds like it will be a good change of pace for you! How does this affect your Derby stuff since you're so involved with it there?

I actually REALLY like Saskatoon in lots of ways. It's starting to really suck being single (my ex and I bought a house here and moved together then broke off the 8 year relationship within 12 months) and having to do everything by myself and for myself in a place where a solid partnership is really the only way to be effective. That's how it seems to me, anyway. (Nevermind trying to actually go about finding a future partner with pickins' like this, but thats another story....) The metal scene in Edmonton does appear to be thriving and the show aspect is a HUGE HUGE draw. There's LOTS of derby going on in and around Edmonton so I'm sure I'll be able to find somewhere I fit into a team there. I did just get re-elected media/merch director and will have to resign that duty mid-term, but shhhhhhh on that one for now! ;)

KDibildox wrote:Such a shame we didn't know each other yet! I also went solo, though I did make some gig friends while there. Next time, let me know if you're ever around, even if it's not a gig I want to see I'll join ya :)

You've got yourself a deal! :D I actually ended up engaging in a few good conversations at the shows too. It's always fun to talk to people about what's going on in their scene, and of course all us metalheads love to talk about bands and shows and stuff, so though I have wall-flower tendencies when solo, starting conversations is always easy!
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:13 pm

:headbanger: :death:
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:41 am

onenight wrote:[quote=

Laura: The Vic is indeed an awesome venue. I caught a great gig there back in 2003. Nile, Naplam Death, Strapping Young Lad, Dark Tranquillity and The Beserker. I didn't even realize there was a balcony until just before the headliners came on.

I've been to the Vic a few times myself. I seen Savatage and Trouble there back in '90 or '91 and some guy fell off the balcony and landed on the cement floor. I think he laid there for about a half hour before the paramedics came and took him out on a stretcher.
    It's one of my favorite Chicago venues, I may have to go to the Opeth show also. Would be my 4th time seeing them. Seen Katatonia once in Cleveland a few years ago.[/quote]

By all means Stan - come to The Vic Opeth gig! It will be my 4th time seeing them as well (would be my 5th had I not missed :evil: the last time they were in town with Enslaved). We can talk RUSH before and/or after the show! :D Btw, can't believe it is nearly a year ago (July 6?) we both sat in that torrential rainstorm waiting for Rush to come out for so long, only for it ultimately to be cancelled. :evil:
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:43 am

Just got my ticket for the show in San Diego!! WOOT!! :D
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Rab
    Chief Petty Officer

by Rab » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:36 pm

in guelph for its only canadian date what the hell

Oh well im going
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:49 pm

Rab wrote:in guelph for its only EASTERN Canadian date what the hell

Oh well im going