Post Reply 151 posts
OPETH / KATATONIA 2011 Tour - Forum Meetups
    KevinP
    Commander

Re: OPETH / KATATONIA 2011 Tour - Forum Meetups

by KevinP » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Is this one of those shows with no other opening bands ala Amon Amarth? Or should we expect the usual 1-2 local bands thrown on the bill in every city ?
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:40 pm

It'll just be Katatonia, then Opeth. Opeth is above local openers.
    Deathbringer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Deathbringer » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:00 pm

Just preordered my tix. :headbanger:
  • Disco
    Chief Petty Officer

by Disco » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:09 pm

Bentz! wrote:Detroit on Oct 29! Another great Halloween weekend show in the D! There's only one other Detroit area cruiser I know of on the forums, but I've run into about a dozen or so fellow 70k tons-ers at shows afterwards. I'm sure just about every metalhead in the area will be there that night!

I'll definitley be there bro. I bought the VIP as well so I get hear their soundcheck and chill with them before the doors open.
    Melloboat - 2008
    70k Tons - 2011
    70k Tons - 2013
    70k Tons - 2018
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:04 pm

Laura wrote:
    onenight wrote:[quote=

Laura: The Vic is indeed an awesome venue. I caught a great gig there back in 2003. Nile, Naplam Death, Strapping Young Lad, Dark Tranquillity and The Beserker. I didn't even realize there was a balcony until just before the headliners came on.

I've been to the Vic a few times myself. I seen Savatage and Trouble there back in '90 or '91 and some guy fell off the balcony and landed on the cement floor. I think he laid there for about a half hour before the paramedics came and took him out on a stretcher.
    It's one of my favorite Chicago venues, I may have to go to the Opeth show also. Would be my 4th time seeing them. Seen Katatonia once in Cleveland a few years ago.

I havent been to the Vic for years, funny story from there one time, it was ten to twenty year s ago, cant remeember the details.

Some big name rock (not metal) band was playing there, i forget who but I was with a group of friends, we were just going to some local bar in the area, not the concert. These long hair guys came out strutting acting like their shit didnt stink (they were nobodies) , they we were really obnoxious.. They were bragging that they just opened for whoever the headliner and asked us (in their words), "Where can we get some pussy around here?"

I told them there wasnt any great bars right in that area but if they wanted to hop in a cab their was an awesome one not that far away where they would be sure to get some action. SUre enough they listened to me and grabbed a cab and hopped in. Hopefully the cabbie didnt set them straight and not take them, I would have loved to see their reaction when they got there.

I sent them to a Chicago Landamark, The Manhole, an S&M Leather Gay bar right out of Al Pacino's Cruising movie. My friends were cracking up so much and applauded my quick thinking. Everyone in Chicago knew of this placce, local DJs like Steve Dahl and Johnny B, etc regurlarly had fun with this place, talking about it on the air at the time.
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:09 pm

Deathbringer wrote:Just preordered my tix. :headbanger:

where'd you do that? :D
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:41 pm

KDibildox wrote:

Metal Fans;

There are a very limited amount of Opeth presale tickets and VIP packages available now here;

http://tixx1.artistarena.com/opeth

Get them while they last!!

Artist Arena
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:48 pm

Thanks! got my ticket :D, they didn't have VIP ones for the Tempe one, though
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:51 pm

Disco wrote:
    Bentz! wrote:Detroit on Oct 29! Another great Halloween weekend show in the D! There's only one other Detroit area cruiser I know of on the forums, but I've run into about a dozen or so fellow 70k tons-ers at shows afterwards. I'm sure just about every metalhead in the area will be there that night!

I'll definitley be there bro. I bought the VIP as well so I get hear their soundcheck and chill with them before the doors open.

Sweet! I looked into it, but that VIP price was waaaay too much for me to pay for two of them. Looks like you get some cool extras with it, though. Maybe they'll jam some Bloodbath for sound check!
    Deathbringer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Deathbringer » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:55 pm

BehnWilson wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:

Metal Fans;

There are a very limited amount of Opeth presale tickets and VIP packages available now here;

Artist Arena

Beat me to it.

Opeth is playing tomorrow about 30 mins from my house at the huge stupid hippie festival Bonnaroo. Too bad it costs 200 or 300 bucks. I'm totally about to look into finding a place to sneak in or at least listen next to a bordering fence.
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:57 pm

KDibildox wrote:Thanks! got my ticket :D, they didn't have VIP ones for the Tempe one, though

Your welcome, glad you got your tix. Not sure if Im going to this one (The Chicago Show), will be a game time decision on this one, not a huge Opeth fan, like them somehwhatbut not sure enough I I want to see them live.
    Deathbringer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Deathbringer » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:15 pm

Shit, NOFX and Primus are also playing tomorrow night. :evil:
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:21 pm

Captain Metal wrote:Well Kevin already knows through Facebook that Diana and I will be going to this (It's two of her favorite bands). makes for a good excuse to get out of town for a couple of days.

As for Metal Dave (as we call him around here), I informed him of the show, but haven't heard back from him as of yet. I can think of a few others that'll be going as well (some from the cruise and some not). We may very well form some sort of Metal Caravan for the trek North. This is still months away, so there's plenty of time to plan.

And I'll be damned, if that Firewind/Arsis/White Wizzard/Nightrage tour isn't hitting St. Pete a week later. Not sure I'll be able to make that one.

Awesome! I don't think Brian and I got to meet you guys on the boat. We're also eyeing that Nightrage show as well :headbanger:
    I want what we've never had!

Hypocrisy-IHSAHN-Primordial-GrandMagus-Powerwolf-Myrath-Hell-Opeth-Borknagar-Leprous-SteelPanther-Voyager
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:49 am

BehnWilson wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:

Metal Fans;

Artist Arena

$225, surely they jest. Wouldn't pay that if I went to the red light district in Amsterdam. So Ackfedlt ain't getting it from me either :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:39 am

KevinP wrote:$225, surely they jest. Wouldn't pay that if I went to the red light district in Amsterdam. So Ackfedlt ain't getting it from me either :mrgreen:
    You wouldn't have to pay that much in the RLD. 50 Euro ($72) was the going rate when I was there a couple years ago.
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:27 am

Bentz! wrote:
    KevinP wrote:$225, surely they jest. Wouldn't pay that if I went to the red light district in Amsterdam. So Ackfedlt ain't getting it from me either :mrgreen:
    You wouldn't have to pay that much in the RLD. 50 Euro ($72) was the going rate when I was there a couple years ago.

I haven't looked into this myself yet - but $225??? Opeth may be my favorite band - but I wouldn't think of paying that - not because of the money - but more on principle . :P What....do you get to meet them, do pictures and all that? Hey - I'll spend money on your music, your shirts, and your gigs - but not for the chance to say my usual dumb comment (I love your music, man! :roll: :lol: ) or have a picture taken with you. Not important enough for me to want to do it. I have a lot of respect for the musicians who casually hang out at the merch counters, tour bus, etc. before or after a gig. Maybe Mikael thinks they're too big for that and he would get too mobbed? Regardless, I luv you Mikael, but I ain't payin' a dime to meetcha. ;) :lol:

Bentz! - RLD, eh? Before you met Mrs. Bentz! I assume? :P (you don't have to answer this :lol: )
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:38 am

Laura wrote: $225??? What....do you get to meet them, do pictures and all that?

If they play the cruise (which seems entirely possible) you'll get that and more anyway. I really don't approve of bands charging for that sort of thing, no matter how big they are.
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    Deathbringer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Deathbringer » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:59 am

225 was the most expensive ticket package. The cheapest was just the ticket, which was 25 for me.
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:44 am

Laura wrote:
    Bentz! wrote:

I haven't looked into this myself yet - but $225??? Opeth may be my favorite band - but I wouldn't think of paying that - not because of the money - but more on principle . :P What....do you get to meet them, do pictures and all that? Hey - I'll spend money on your music, your shirts, and your gigs - but not for the chance to say my usual dumb comment (I love your music, man! :roll: :lol: ) or have a picture taken with you. Not important enough for me to want to do it. I have a lot of respect for the musicians who casually hang out at the merch counters, tour bus, etc. before or after a gig. Maybe Mikael thinks they're too big for that and he would get too mobbed? Regardless, I luv you Mikael, but I ain't payin' a dime to meetcha. ;) :lol:

Bentz! - RLD, eh? Before you met Mrs. Bentz! I assume? :P (you don't have to answer this :lol: )

That's pretty much what I was thinking, Laura. At least you do get some special merch (not lube) to go with the raping.

And yes, my RLD experience was prior to meeting the Mrs. No, I did not partake, but it was a blast to walk around (wasted) and "window shop" while families pushed strollers down those dodgy alleys. I wanted to give high fives to dudes as they'd walk out of one of those little rooms. :lol:
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:55 am

Just looked on The Vic site which led me to this: http://event.etix.com/ticket/online/fro ... and=jamusa - Public sales commence tomorrow at 10:00 :headbanger:
    Weird - no prices listed though - I'm gonna guess no more than $35 for g.a.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:10 am

Ravenlord wrote:

If they play the cruise (which seems entirely possible) you'll get that and more anyway. I really don't approve of bands charging for that sort of thing, no matter how big they are.

I agree on the "paying to meet" too. Btw - did you meet/talk to many musicians on the cruise? It was not a big priority for me, i.e. I didn't go out of my way to meet certain people, rather, in about a half dozen random casual cases, I did meet some and had a few pix taken (with Terji & Gunnar, Jonne, Schmier, Uli, and Hansi). I am glad I did do that...makes for really nice souvenirs/reminders of such an amazing trip!!
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:26 am

Laura wrote:
    Ravenlord wrote:

I agree on the "paying to meet" too. Btw - did you meet/talk to many musicians on the cruise? It was not a big priority for me, i.e. I didn't go out of my way to meet certain people, rather, in about a half dozen random casual cases, I did meet some and had a few pix taken (with Terji & Gunnar, Jonne, Schmier, Uli, and Hansi). I am glad I did do that...makes for really nice souvenirs/reminders of such an amazing trip!!

Like you, I wasn't going out of my way to meet anyone but I bumped into the likes of (Kai, Uli, Hansi, Joakim, schaffer, barlow, exodus(I didn't know who they were at the time, but they complimented me on my karaoke skills)) but didn't really hang out with or interact with any on a social level like other peoples stories. I was just happy to meet them and compliment them one to one as a fan.

The memories are flooding back :party:
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:34 am

Well, apparently, my hippie fears are confirmed: http://www.heavyblogisheavy.com/2011/06/06/new-opeth-record-to-feature-no-death-metal-or-harsh-vocals-heavily-influenced-by-70s-prog-rock/
    NO DEATH METAL ON THE NEW OPETH! :cry:
    Don't get me wrong, It'll probably still be good... but one of the things that made / makes Opeth so appealing to me is that shift from tranquil to harsh.
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:49 am

Yeah I love his harsh vocals.

I'm curious about this record though. I know a lot of people didn't like 'Throat of winter' that opeth did from the 'God of War' soundtrack, but I thought it sounded like some cool 70's prog rock. Maybe it'll all be kind of like that?
    I was hoping for some more heavy stuff... but we'll see! :mrgreen:
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:01 am

Well I could certainly enjoy a non-heavy Opeth album (Damnation) I much prefer a mix in with the heavy stuff. Guess it kinda makes sense though given the album cover that we'd not be getting a "conventional" Opeth album.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Deathbringer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Deathbringer » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:09 am

It kinda sucks to hear that, but they never disappoint me.
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:10 am

mooyagi wrote:Well I could certainly enjoy a non-heavy Opeth album (Damnation) I much prefer a mix in with the heavy stuff. Guess it kinda makes sense though given the album cover that we'd not be getting a "conventional" Opeth album.

I didn't mind Damnation, but mainly because we were also given a "real" Opeth album right after it. If this article is correct, then Mike may be done growling for good (or at least until he gets the itch again like his buddy Swano...... Crimson II). Curious to see what they did at Bonnaroo (hippiefest).

It does sound like there's double bass drumming on Heritage, so it should be "heavy".
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:43 am

I will certainly buy Heritage, even if it's all singing, but I want more like Still Life...
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:16 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:I will certainly buy Heritage, even if it's all singing, but I want more like Still Life...

....hard for me to pick my top Opeth albums (because they're all brilliant!! :P ) - but Still Life is definitely up there... :cheers: ;) :headbanger:

But, hmmmm.....No death growls on the new album? Now isn’t that interesting….although not unheard of considering Damnation (an album, coincidentally, I’d like to hear on my death bed ;) ). Sounds like it’s going to be a full-fledged 70’s prog-rock fest which I think is quite awesome news actually!! As much as I’ve droned on about black metal recently and other music over the past year on this forum…..70’s prog rock is perhaps closer to my heart than any other genre.  ;)
    Deathbringer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Deathbringer » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:07 am

Ha...my wife said two members of Opeth just walked by her while she was smoking outside work.
    shaneos
    Chief Petty Officer

by shaneos » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:28 pm

Deathbringer wrote:Ha...my wife said two members of Opeth just walked by her while she was smoking outside work.

Is this in the Boro?

PS: 1st post ----------------> woot!
    Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.
    Deathbringer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Deathbringer » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:42 pm

shaneos wrote:
    Deathbringer wrote:Ha...my wife said two members of Opeth just walked by her while she was smoking outside work.

Is this in the Boro?

PS: 1st post ----------------> woot!

Yep, at the Avenue. She said they had bunch of bags from Off Broadway Shoes. :lol: Opeth comes to Murfreesboro, TN and buys shoes. I don't know why I think that is funny.
    shaneos
    Chief Petty Officer

by shaneos » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:59 pm

Better luck buying decent shoes in Murfreesboro than Manchester, unless they're after cowboy boots :D
    Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:30 pm

Laura wrote:I agree on the "paying to meet" too. Btw - did you meet/talk to many musicians on the cruise? It was not a big priority for me, i.e. I didn't go out of my way to meet certain people,

We neither. Like you said, besides "hey I like your music" I' have nothing else profound or useful to say to them, so I don't feel like wasting their time for no other reason.

The only people I remember talking to was: Jeff Loomis, who was everywhere and hanging around, so he kinda bum rushed us a few times. Dino Cazares, who called me over for my hat (and I knew him from years back), Warrel Dane, cause I was talking to some CM employee he knew so he came over. Don Tardy of Obituary was the only one I approached at lunch, and we talked cats/kittens/neutering for 20-30 minutes (he does this whole thing with cats and we had just gotten kittens 2 weeks prior)

Bentz! wrote:Well, apparently, my hippie fears are confirmed: http://www.heavyblogisheavy.com/2011/06/06/new-opeth-record-to-feature-no-death-metal-or-harsh-vocals-heavily-influenced-by-70s-prog-rock/
    Don't get me wrong, It'll probably still be good... but one of the things that made / makes Opeth so appealing to me is that shift from tranquil to harsh.

I remember when they first signed with Roadrunner and everyone paniced and Miakel said "we're not changing, no one needs to worry". But that was 2 albums ago. I can't really get too upset about this as they have lots of material with harsh vocals, and like My Dying Bride, go back and forth with styles. So I think they have alot of leeway in what they do and what people should expect. Good to know beforehand, so my expectations are more in line with reality instead of being blindsided by it.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:36 pm

Laura wrote:.70’s prog rock is perhaps closer to my heart than any other genre.  ;)

Ahhh\h, the Laura dope smoking, acid tripping days of yonder Image
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:49 pm

Bentz! wrote:Well, apparently, my hippie fears are confirmed: http://www.heavyblogisheavy.com/2011/06/06/new-opeth-record-to-feature-no-death-metal-or-harsh-vocals-heavily-influenced-by-70s-prog-rock/

I was actually wondering about that when they released the album cover.

I havent seen Opeth live since they were on tour with Dream Theater, but could this be why his death metal growls have seemed kind of subpar lately? The youtube videos ive seen of Opeth and Bloodbath at Bloodstock have Mikael sounding much worse than the two other times ive seen him. Im really hoping he was just having a bad couple gigs haha. I definitely dont mind and love hearing his cleans but ill be pretty disappointed if he has retired the Death Metal vocals for good.
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:46 pm

KevinP wrote:
    Laura wrote:.70’s prog rock is perhaps closer to my heart than any other genre.  ;)

Ahhh\h, the Laura dope smoking, acid tripping days of yonder Image

you funny (and I know I partly brought this on myself by a few random remarks :P )....but for the record, did a lot of the former and just a little (thank goodness) of the latter.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:54 pm

Laura wrote:you funny (and I know I partly brought this on myself by a few random remarks :P )....but for the record, did a lot of the former and just a little (thank goodness) of the latter.

I just like the dichotomy of it, since you're the podtrait of normalcy and responsibility (from my vantage point) :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:39 am

KevinP wrote:
    Laura wrote:you funny (and I know I partly brought this on myself by a few random remarks :P )....but for the record, did a lot of the former and just a little (thank goodness) of the latter.

I just like the dichotomy of it, since you're the podtrait of normalcy and responsibility (from my vantage point) :mrgreen:

Strictly a facade, just a facade, my dear Kevin. ;)

* kidding, sort of *

Hey - congrats on getting the HoB dude to join the forum and your cause!! I'm actually very impressed - score!!!
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:45 am

Laura wrote:Strictly a facade, just a facade, my dear Kevin. ;)

* kidding, sort of *

Hey - congrats on getting the HoB dude to join the forum and your cause!! I'm actually very impressed - score!!!

The Laura puzzle is slowly coming into focus. It's like peeling an onion, except I haven't started to cry yet :lol:

I told him and Ed about the event, but they were already aware of it from last year. Plus he loved my t-shirt at MDF, so I guess it spurned him into joining. I didn't twist his arm or anything. And I think he's looking forward to my promise of a 2nd custom made HoB shirt if they play. :heavydrink: :lol: :heavydrink:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal