Post Reply 146 posts
Gender and Metal
  • User avatar
    Laura
    Commander
    Posts: 5880
    Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 7:28 am
    Location: cloud 9 chicago
    Contact:

    Gender and Metal

    by Laura » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:04 pm

    Hey...many of us around here feel we know each other pretty well by now, right?...so, I think we can discuss this topic, right? :P
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • User avatar
    mooyagi
    Captain
    Posts: 21274
    Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

    Re: Gender and Metal

    by mooyagi » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:06 pm

    Of course. We would never resort to immature or sexist jokes on any topic. Ever. Now go make me a sandwich :mrgreen:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • User avatar
    Laura
    Commander
    Posts: 5880
    Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 7:28 am
    Location: cloud 9 chicago
    Contact:

    Re: Gender and Metal

    by Laura » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:47 pm

    mooyagi wrote:Of course. We would never resort to immature or sexist jokes on any topic. Ever. Now go make me a sandwich :mrgreen:


    But of course!!! *just don't post a non-music porn link* lest your thread be locked or...woot! U B banished 4 ever :twisted:

    Re: making a sandwich? No biggie. Just so one indulges one the right to do whatever one wants whenever one wants (within reason)...
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • User avatar
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander
    Posts: 8296
    Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 8:31 pm
    Location: McKees Rocks, PA
    Contact:

    Re: Gender and Metal

    by DrinkMoxie » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:12 pm

    Laura wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Of course. We would never resort to immature or sexist jokes on any topic. Ever. Now go make me a sandwich :mrgreen:


    But of course!!! *just don't post a non-music porn link* lest your thread be locked or...woot! U B banished 4 ever :twisted:

    Re: making a sandwich? No biggie. Just so one indulges one the right to do whatever one wants whenever one wants (within reason)...

    Definitely didn't get banished...
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

    cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: Gender and Metal

    by KevinP » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:52 pm

    Can we use this topic to discuss the true gender of power metal fans ? :lol:
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 3825
    Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:45 pm
    Location: Calgary, Alberta

    Re: Gender and Metal

    by vikingbitch » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:54 pm

    KevinP wrote:Can we use this topic to discuss the true gender of power metal fans ? :lol:


    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
  • User avatar
    KDibildeaux
    Captain
    Posts: 13904
    Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:07 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ

    Re: Gender and Metal

    by KDibildeaux » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:57 pm

    :lol: :lol: :lol:

    I was going to say something to this...... but better not....
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: Gender and Metal

    by KevinP » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:01 pm

    What makes it even funnier is when broads make fun of the power metal girlie men. Gotta love it.

    And what the fuck is up with Laura's weird ass haircut ?!?!?!
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain
    Posts: 11153
    Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm
    Location: Vancouver, BC
    Contact:

    Re: Gender and Metal

    by ShoreSlayer » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:07 pm

    KevinP wrote:And what the fuck is up with Laura's weird ass haircut ?!?!?!

    I thought it was an homage to Deborah Harry :?
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

    :boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: Gender and Metal

    by KevinP » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:07 pm

    ShoreSlayer wrote:
    KevinP wrote:And what the fuck is up with Laura's weird ass haircut ?!?!?!

    I thought it was an homage to Deborah Harry :?


    Sucks for Ms. Harry :lol:
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    KDibildeaux
    Captain
    Posts: 13904
    Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:07 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ

    Re: Gender and Metal

    by KDibildeaux » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:15 pm

    Kevin! that's really mean!
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
  • User avatar
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 3825
    Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:45 pm
    Location: Calgary, Alberta

    Re: Gender and Metal

    by vikingbitch » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:24 pm

    KevinP wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:
    KevinP wrote:And what the fuck is up with Laura's weird ass haircut ?!?!?!

    I thought it was an homage to Deborah Harry :?


    Sucks for Ms. Harry :lol:


    :roll: :lol:

    Its the David Bowie look she was going for in that picture (or at least that's where I would bet my money!)

    Image
    Image
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
  • User avatar
    KDibildeaux
    Captain
    Posts: 13904
    Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:07 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ

    Re: Gender and Metal

    by KDibildeaux » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:25 pm

    yeah, that's what I thought, too :D
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: Gender and Metal

    by KevinP » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:52 pm

    KDibildox wrote:Kevin! that's really mean!


    :lol: :lol: :lol: are you telling me you have not been desensitized to my ways yet? It usually only takes about 5 seconds of my stupidity for people to understand :lol: :lol: :lol:

    I'll get around to posting some pics of when I had long hair for anyone to bust my chops over, if that makes you feel any better. (always planned on it but my scanner drivers won't install on my computer for some reason. Gotta get my neighbor to do it for me)
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    KDibildeaux
    Captain
    Posts: 13904
    Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:07 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ

    Re: Gender and Metal

    by KDibildeaux » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:58 pm

    :lol: well I had gotten used to it, but this one was more direct than usual, and Laura's so nice that I wanted to defend her :D

    though I have to say that in general I like mean, non PC humor :lol:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: Gender and Metal

    by KevinP » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:03 pm

    KDibildox wrote::lol: well I had gotten used to it, but this one was more direct than usual, and Laura's so nice that I wanted to defend her :D

    though I have to say that in general I like mean, non PC humor :lol:


    Stick to beating up on the power metal girlies. Laura can handle herself just fine from my barrage of insanity/moronacy :lol: :heavydrink: :lol:
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    KDibildeaux
    Captain
    Posts: 13904
    Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:07 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ

    Re: Gender and Metal

    by KDibildeaux » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:07 pm

    :lol: :lol: :lol:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
  • User avatar
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain
    Posts: 11153
    Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm
    Location: Vancouver, BC
    Contact:

    Re: Gender and Metal

    by ShoreSlayer » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:02 pm

    KevinP wrote:I'll get around to posting some pics of when I had long hair for anyone to bust my chops over, if that makes you feel any better. (always planned on it but my scanner drivers won't install on my computer for some reason. Gotta get my neighbor to do it for me)

    Promises, promises. You've been threatening us with those pics for a year or more here. Take a freaking picture of a picture FFS :P
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

    :boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • User avatar
    Laura
    Commander
    Posts: 5880
    Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 7:28 am
    Location: cloud 9 chicago
    Contact:

    Re: Gender and Metal

    by Laura » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:18 pm

    vikingbitch wrote:
    KevinP wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:And what the fuck is up with Laura's weird ass haircut ?!?!?!

    I thought it was an homage to Deborah Harry

    Its the David Bowie look she was going for in that picture (or at least that's where I would bet my money!)

    Image
    Image


    :lol: Well....that pic was taken in 1986 and I was pretty much out of my major Bowie phase (1976-1983) by that point, but good guess! When my hair was dyed white/platinum blond (shortly thereafter), I believe I was trying to look like Billy Idol.....black leather clothes - the whole bit. :shock: :lol:
    Image
    Holy smokes! I recently admitted on the black metal thread that if I did a bm Halloween costume this year, I only want to do it if I can look exactly like Frost in 1349 garb & corpsepaint.

    All this time....have I really deep down wanted to be a man??? :? :lol: :lol: :lol:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • User avatar
    mooyagi
    Captain
    Posts: 21274
    Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

    Re: Gender and Metal

    by mooyagi » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:24 pm

    Laura wrote:All this time....have I really deep down wanted to be a man??? :? :lol: :lol: :lol:


    And the truth comes out. Something tells me you'd be a gay man given all the drooling you do over on the ladies' thread :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • User avatar
    Laura
    Commander
    Posts: 5880
    Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 7:28 am
    Location: cloud 9 chicago
    Contact:

    Re: Gender and Metal

    by Laura » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:25 pm

    KevinP wrote:
    KDibildox wrote::lol: well I had gotten used to it, but this one was more direct than usual, and Laura's so nice that I wanted to defend her :D

    though I have to say that in general I like mean, non PC humor :lol:


    Stick to beating up on the power metal girlies. Laura can handle herself just fine from my barrage of insanity/moronacy :lol: :heavydrink: :lol:


    Ftr, Bruce ;) and I understand each other quite well.

    Now....on to the burning question of the day...
    Why don't more women like metal music???
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • User avatar
    KDibildeaux
    Captain
    Posts: 13904
    Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:07 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ

    Re: Gender and Metal

    by KDibildeaux » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:29 pm

    they just haven't seen the light
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
  • User avatar
    Laura
    Commander
    Posts: 5880
    Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 7:28 am
    Location: cloud 9 chicago
    Contact:

    Re: Gender and Metal

    by Laura » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:43 pm

    mooyagi wrote:
    Laura wrote:All this time....have I really deep down wanted to be a man??? :? :lol: :lol: :lol:


    And the truth comes out. Something tells me you'd be a gay man given all the drooling you do over on the ladies' thread :lol:

    :lol:
    :?

    ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • User avatar
    EveryFairyDies
    Oiler
    Posts: 40
    Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:40 pm
    Location: Brisbane, Australia
    Contact:

    Re: Gender and Metal

    by EveryFairyDies » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:27 pm

    Laura wrote:Now....on to the burning question of the day...
    Why don't more women like metal music???


    Well, I could give you the over-thinking, over-analyzed, "I'm-a-college-graduate-who-studied-Arts-so-I'm-really-good-at-bullshitting-about-this-stuff" answer, but let's face it, no one would read it, and if they did, I'd only get immature "woman, get in the kitchen and make me a pie!" responses, so I'll politely smile, and instead say it's because heavy metal is for tough, hard-as women, who will not take your shit, but rather stand up to it, and throw it back in your face, which makes us the minority.

    Heavy metal is NOT meant for flouncy, bimbo "OMG! Did you see the dog Prince William is marrying?! I could soooooooo be a better Princess than she would! I'm soooooooo much prettier. Who does she think she is?! Think she's better than us, just cause she gets to marry a prince?! OMG, I love that dress she was wearing last week, did you see the picture in Cleo? Ooo, there's an interview with her in WOman's Day, I've totally gotta read that! Isn't is amazing Prince William is getting married? ~squeal~ oh, his mother must be so happy! Isn't he hot?!" Which, sadly, make up the norm in most Western societies. Until women start growing a pair and get over themselves, we're doomed to an eternity of pop icons and mindless, meaningless lyrics.
    VAN CANTO; Tarja; Within Temptation; Sabaton; Manowar; Apocalyptica; Dethklok; Lacuna Coil; Stream of Passion; Krypteria; Spinal Tap; Rammstein for 70,000 Tons 2013!
    http://www.facebook.com/themoshpit100.3 for heavy metal in Brisbane!
  • User avatar
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 4803
    Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 10:03 pm
    Location: Hellsinki, Funland
    Contact:

    Re: Gender and Metal

    by Memnoch » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:19 pm

    EveryFairyDies wrote:Power metal is meant for flouncy, bimbo "OMG! Did you see the dog Prince William is marrying?! I could soooooooo be a better Princess than she would! I'm soooooooo much prettier. Who does she think she is?! Think she's better than us, just cause she gets to marry a prince?! OMG, I love that dress she was wearing last week, did you see the picture in Cleo? Ooo, there's an interview with her in WOman's Day, I've totally gotta read that! Isn't is amazing Prince William is getting married? ~squeal~ oh, his mother must be so happy! Isn't he hot?!"

    Have to agree with you there. :lol:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • User avatar
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1772
    Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 12:58 am
    Location: San Diego, California

    Re: Gender and Metal

    by Goddess of Metal » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:35 pm

    Memnoch wrote:
    EveryFairyDies wrote:Power metal is meant for flouncy, bimbo "OMG! Did you see the dog Prince William is marrying?! I could soooooooo be a better Princess than she would! I'm soooooooo much prettier. Who does she think she is?! Think she's better than us, just cause she gets to marry a prince?! OMG, I love that dress she was wearing last week, did you see the picture in Cleo? Ooo, there's an interview with her in WOman's Day, I've totally gotta read that! Isn't is amazing Prince William is getting married? ~squeal~ oh, his mother must be so happy! Isn't he hot?!"

    Have to agree with you there. :lol:



    :roll:
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

    2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3


    Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Almanac-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Black.Fate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Edguy-/-Ex.Deo-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Impellitteri-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Extremo-/-Inglorious-/-Jorn-/-Juvaliant-/-Kotipelto-/-Lord-/-Marillion-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nightingale-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Persefone-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Primal.Fear-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Running.Wild-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Vintersorg-/-Vision.Divine-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warlord-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Zebra
  • User avatar
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 4803
    Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 10:03 pm
    Location: Hellsinki, Funland
    Contact:

    Re: Gender and Metal

    by Memnoch » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:53 pm

    Well, there are exceptions to every rule... ;)
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • User avatar
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 3624
    Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:20 am
    Location: Seattle, WA
    Contact:

    Re: Gender and Metal

    by AlaskaRachel » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:23 am

    EveryFairyDies wrote:Heavy metal is NOT meant for flouncy, bimbo "OMG! Did you see the dog Prince William is marrying?! I could soooooooo be a better Princess than she would! I'm soooooooo much prettier. Who does she think she is?! Think she's better than us, just cause she gets to marry a prince?! OMG, I love that dress she was wearing last week, did you see the picture in Cleo? Ooo, there's an interview with her in WOman's Day, I've totally gotta read that! Isn't is amazing Prince William is getting married? ~squeal~ oh, his mother must be so happy! Isn't he hot?!" Which, sadly, make up the norm in most Western societies. Until women start growing a pair and get over themselves, we're doomed to an eternity of pop icons and mindless, meaningless lyrics.

    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: Gender and Metal

    by KevinP » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:54 am

    EveryFairyDies wrote:
    Well, I could give you the over-thinking, over-analyzed, "I'm-a-college-graduate-who-studied-Arts-so-I'm-really-good-at-bullshitting-about-this-stuff" answer, but let's face it, no one would read it, and if they did, I'd only get immature "woman, get in the kitchen and make me a pie!" responses,


    I would have preferred to hear that myself. But like you said, society "norms" want woman to be dainty and conformed to a certain stereotypes, which pushes them away. :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    Laura
    Commander
    Posts: 5880
    Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 7:28 am
    Location: cloud 9 chicago
    Contact:

    Re: Gender and Metal

    by Laura » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:14 am

    EveryFairyDies wrote:
    Laura wrote:Now....on to the burning question of the day...
    Why don't more women like metal music???


    Well, I could give you the over-thinking, over-analyzed, "I'm-a-college-graduate-who-studied-Arts-so-I'm-really-good-at-bullshitting-about-this-stuff" answer, but let's face it, no one would read it, and if they did, I'd only get immature "woman, get in the kitchen and make me a pie!" responses, so I'll politely smile, and instead say it's because heavy metal is for tough, hard-as women, who will not take your shit, but rather stand up to it, and throw it back in your face, which makes us the minority.

    Heavy metal is NOT meant for flouncy, bimbo "OMG! Did you see the dog Prince William is marrying?! I could soooooooo be a better Princess than she would! I'm soooooooo much prettier. Who does she think she is?! Think she's better than us, just cause she gets to marry a prince?! OMG, I love that dress she was wearing last week, did you see the picture in Cleo? Ooo, there's an interview with her in WOman's Day, I've totally gotta read that! Isn't is amazing Prince William is getting married? ~squeal~ oh, his mother must be so happy! Isn't he hot?!" Which, sadly, make up the norm in most Western societies. Until women start growing a pair and get over themselves, we're doomed to an eternity of pop icons and mindless, meaningless lyrics.


    I love this post! But I'd also like your "over-thinking, over-analyzed, "I'm-a-college-graduate-who-studied-Arts-so-I'm-really-good-at-bullshitting-about-this-stuff" answer" because I would read it! :cheers:

    Shit though... I do believe I spend too much time on this forum, and thinking about all this stuff :lol: .....it's now infiltrating my dreams! :shock:
    I kid you not - here's what remember from last night's dreams: evil Mortuus (Marduk) was trying to kill Jon Anderson (the horror!!!)....also that I was Billy Idol circa the 1980's and singing Eyes Without a Face http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OFpfTd0EIs (I don't know if y'all this song - but it's quite a beautiful song I think!)
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • User avatar
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1851
    Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:17 am
    Location: Lambertville, MI / Toledo, OH

    Re: Gender and Metal

    by Bentz! » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:33 am

    Laura wrote:Shit though... I do believe I spend too much time on this forum, and thinking about all this stuff :lol: .....it's now infiltrating my dreams! :shock:
    I kid you not - here's what remember from last night's dreams: evil Mortuus (Marduk) was trying to kill Jon Anderson (the horror!!!)....also that I was Billy Idol circa the 1980's and singing Eyes Without a Face http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OFpfTd0EIs (I don't know if y'all this song - but it's quite a beautiful song I think!)


    That's a lot of ammunition to be giving out there ;)

    I usually have a weekly cruise dream that I don't want to wake up from, but I also have a weekly dream about having a wrestling match against Ric Flair, sooooo....

    Funny thing is that yesterday I did have "Eyes Without a Face" (and other Billy Idol songs) going through my head..... :shock:
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: Gender and Metal

    by KevinP » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:49 am

    Bentz! wrote: I also have a weekly dream about having a wrestling match against Ric Flair


    :shock: WTF :shock:
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 4803
    Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 10:03 pm
    Location: Hellsinki, Funland
    Contact:

    Re: Gender and Metal

    by Memnoch » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:52 am

    ^Yeah, talk about giving out ammunition. :lol:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • User avatar
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1851
    Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:17 am
    Location: Lambertville, MI / Toledo, OH

    Re: Gender and Metal

    by Bentz! » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:58 am

    What? It's perfectly normal to have wrasslin' dreams, right? :?
  • User avatar
    Laura
    Commander
    Posts: 5880
    Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 7:28 am
    Location: cloud 9 chicago
    Contact:

    Re: Gender and Metal

    by Laura » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:25 am

    Bentz! wrote:What? It's perfectly normal to have wrasslin' dreams, right? :?

    :lol: :P :lol: :cheers:
    Whatever you say, whatever you say, dear. (you're married now...this is always a good line I think! ;) )

    But - wrasslin' dreams being normal? - I dunno.. I guess it all depends on who you're wrasslin' with and what happens in the heat of the wrasslin' moment? :P
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • User avatar
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 3135
    Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:42 am
    Location: Dublin, Ireland

    Re: Gender and Metal

    by Ravenlord » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:35 am

    Kevin's Vegemite wrestling fantasies are more normal than this... :?
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
  • User avatar
    viathyn
    Commander
    Posts: 5638
    Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:35 pm
    Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Contact:

    Re: Gender and Metal

    by viathyn » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:26 am

    Metal? Bitches love metal.

    Image
    RAWWRGGRGRG!!!!
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242


    Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

  • User avatar
    Laura
    Commander
    Posts: 5880
    Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 7:28 am
    Location: cloud 9 chicago
    Contact:

    Re: Gender and Metal

    by Laura » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:41 am

    viathyn wrote:Metal? Bitches love metal.

    Image
    RAWWRGGRGRG!!!!

    :lol:
    But yo! Who you callin' a bitch, homeboy? :P :lol:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • User avatar
    viathyn
    Commander
    Posts: 5638
    Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:35 pm
    Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Contact:

    Re: Gender and Metal

    by viathyn » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:43 am

    Why, that pooch of course!

    You gals here are not bitches, but the finest of lasses and broads. :cheers:
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242


    Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

  • User avatar
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 3135
    Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:42 am
    Location: Dublin, Ireland

    Re: Gender and Metal

    by Ravenlord » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:47 am

    I was about to jump on the Viathyn bandwagon and post something really offensive. :P ...until I saw his latest post.

    Phew! dodged that bullet :lol:
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
Post Reply 146 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests