Post Reply 114 posts
BEHEMOTH 2012 U.S. TOUR!
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

BEHEMOTH 2012 U.S. TOUR!

by Malaka » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:15 am

Announcement is imminent! Sorry for the un-surprise, but the tour starts April 12, and here's some news to wet your whistle:

Full Metal Jackie: I know that you're preparing to tour right now. What could we expect in terms of the rest of the world? I know you're doing some European stuff right now.

Nergal: We're doing Poland now. It's a warm-up tour and then we're starting with CANNIBAL CORPSE in February in Europe and actually we're putting final touches to a U.S. tour which will start on April 12. The lineup is still a secret, but probably within days or weeks it's going to be revealed to the world. All I got to say now, because I'm not really allowed to reveal any names, but it's like a dream team tour for me. It's going to be very underground, very dangerous and when we go on tours, especially in the U.S., we've always compromised to be on a bill with bands, bigger bands, smaller bands it doesn't matter. But sometimes it's just politics, it's labels involved, it's money and stuff that we need to compromise and there's bands that we hate, good guys, you know, but a lot of music that's on the bill it's shit, and this time, for the first time ever, it's my favorite bands on the bill. Just wait and see — it's going to be a huge surprise. It's going to be massive. It's very underground, but people will fucking love it. People are dying to see this kind of bill; it's going to be super-evil. It's going to be the most satanic tour that's going to invade the U.S in a long time and there's going to be no tour like that in years. That's a promise; just wait and see. I can't wait for this to happen.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=165509

:deathhorns: :bmhorns: :beerhorns: :shred: :death: :deathmetal: :metalguy: :bangers: :boobs: :party: :cheers: :heavydrink: :chug: :belly: :dreams: :givebeer: :stagger: :viking: :headbanger: :beerbang: :smoking: :trashdrink: :twisted: :evil: :deathhorns: :pound: :shots: :smash: Oh man, April 23 is my birthday... PHOENIX, ARIZONA!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!! :deathhorns:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: BEHEMOTH 2012 U.S. TOUR!

by Bentz! » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:04 am

The most satanic tour EVAR! :lol:
    I really do hope it hits my area and not somewhere 2+ hours away.
    Haven't seen Behemoth since they were the openers for Halford back in 02 or 03
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:13 am

Bentz! wrote:The most satanic tour EVAR! :lol:

I hope they're close by as well, but moreso on a date that I can actually make!
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    APaleHorseNamedDeath-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Ataraxie-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-DoomVS-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-Emperor-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Hypocrisy-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-Loss-/-Luna-/-TheManEatingTree-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Profetus-/-Prong-/-Remembrance-/-RevelationsOfRain-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-SolitudeAeturnus-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-WhoDiesInSiberianSlush-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Candlemass-/-DarkTranquillity-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-Kataklysm-/-Kreator-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-MyDyingBride-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-RottingChrist-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:15 am

Yes!!! Behemoth absolutely slays live. I'm really interested in seeing the rest of the lineup.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:23 am

nekrobarr wrote:
    Bentz! wrote:The most satanic tour EVAR! :lol:

I hope they're close by as well, but moreso on a date that I can actually make!

True. Chicago on a weekend would also be super duper. I try not to have to use vacation days to see shows.
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:21 am

Very excited to see this tour. At the very least, I'm not as caught up in wanting Behemoth announced as part of this cruise. (Although, I have to admit, I did not foresee any situation that would have us with 0 announcements over the last 18 days.)
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    Rab
    Chief Petty Officer

by Rab » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:16 am

Ive heard a rumour from a credible source that hte tour is with venom
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:38 am

Yay! Besides the 2012 cruise, this is certainly the best 2012 concert news in my book! (close second is Ministry in June who somehow I've never managed to see)

I know I've blathered on about Behemoth and Nergal lots elsewhere...but I need to restate :P ... they are imo one of THE best live acts period. And, ha it just occurred to me that they were the first corpse-painted band I ever saw...unless I count goth groups/personalities like Peter Murphy & co. of Bauhaus. Also, I know y'all don't consider them black metal, but I still consider that my first black metal gig too :cool: - which - considering how totally engrossed I have become with black metal since then - I think it was a momentous first! :lol: :beerhorns: Memories....let's see: saw them at The House of Blues three times in Chicago - all fantastic!
    :beerhorns: Nov 7, 2007 - opened for Job for a Cowboy
    :beerhorns: May 4, 2008 - opened for Dimmu Borgir
    :beerhorns: Jan 26, 2010 - headliner

Hope the 2012 date doesn't conflict with anything else!
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:46 am

Laura wrote: Also, I know y'all don't consider them black metal, but I still consider that my first black metal gig too :cool:

Other interesting viewpoints from the brain of Laura:

- the earth is flat
    - humans don't breathe oxygen
    - the Chicago Cubs won the last 5 World Series
    - a library ISN'T like a pathetic friend who just gives you stuff to borrow and hopes you return it

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:58 am

Rab wrote:Ive heard a rumour from a credible source that hte tour is with venom

Ooh! I'd probably go.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:15 am

I don't see Venom as they are NOT a Satanic band. Didn't Cronos admit to such many moons ago? And he said it would be an "underground" package. Venom doesn't seem to fit that mantra either.

Let's just hope it's not something lame like: Belphegor, Hate, Abigail Williams, Lecherous Nocturne, etc, etc, etc.
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:39 pm

Laura wrote: :beerhorns: Nov 7, 2007 - opened for Job for a Cowboy

What the hell? They opened for Job for a fuckin' Bellboy?

Thats almost as bad as me refusing to see Dark Tranquillity because they were opening for Killswitch Engage AND had the slot before The Devil Wears Prada
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:08 pm

Monmisreal wrote:
    Laura wrote: :beerhorns: Nov 7, 2007 - opened for Job for a Cowboy

What the hell? They opened for Job for a fuckin' Bellboy?

Thats almost as bad as me refusing to see Dark Tranquillity because they were opening for Killswitch Engage AND had the slot before The Devil Wears Prada

Yeah - how 'bout it? :shock: I should post a copy of that ticket as proof of that ridiculous "double-bill" - here's one for Kevin (you're so charming by the way :P ) - I DID NOT LIKE (uhhhh - hated? :lol: ) Job for a Cowboy - seeing them after Behemoth was quite a shock to the old system - I only stayed for a few songs.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:32 pm

Laura wrote:Yeah - how 'bout it? :shock: I should post a copy of that ticket as proof of that ridiculous "double-bill" - here's one for Kevin (you're so charming by the way :P ) - I DID NOT LIKE (uhhhh - hated? :lol: ) Job for a Cowboy - seeing them after Behemoth was quite a shock to the old system - I only stayed for a few songs.

wow I know being in a band is a very difficult career but damn. Some bands must feel soooo -_- when they are told who they are opening for haha. Thankfully ive only seen the bellboys once. They were on the Sounds of The Underground tour years back. Amon Amarth killed that show and the rest were just kinda meh. It was enjoyable though. Went into the pit for Goatwhore since they were the first band. :belly: :belly: :belly: for a couple hours after that during shitty bands then :shred: :shred: :shred: for AA haha.
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:16 pm

Monmisreal wrote:
    Laura wrote:Yeah - how 'bout it? :shock: I should post a copy of that ticket as proof of that ridiculous "double-bill" - here's one for Kevin (you're so charming by the way :P ) - I DID NOT LIKE (uhhhh - hated? :lol: ) Job for a Cowboy - seeing them after Behemoth was quite a shock to the old system - I only stayed for a few songs.

wow I know being in a band is a very difficult career but damn. Some bands must feel soooo -_- when they are told who they are opening for haha. Thankfully ive only seen the bellboys once. They were on the Sounds of The Underground tour years back. Amon Amarth killed that show and the rest were just kinda meh. It was enjoyable though. Went into the pit for Goatwhore since they were the first band. :belly: :belly: :belly: for a couple hours after that during shitty bands then :shred: :shred: :shred: for AA haha.

That tour sounds pretty cool with AA and Goatwhore on the same bill....but....JFAC (ugh!) or the "bellboys" as you call them - that's very :lol: :lol: :lol: btw ....and lol...the more I thought about that strange pairing with Behemoth four years ago - this afternoon I was kinda like - "did I make that up or dream it or something?" :? :lol: But no - I just looked at a bunch of tickets I have scanned and here it is as proof (the third time I saw Behemoth as an opener for Dimmu Borgir - their name is not on the ticket, so I put my At the Gates ticket with the other 2 instead. Now - THAT (At the Gates) was an AMAZING show (see wishlist ;) )
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:32 pm

I bet opening for such trite caused Negral's immune system to be suppressed and gave him cancer. Not that I needed another reason to hate the Bellboys. But now I do
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:42 pm

KevinP wrote:I bet opening for such trite caused Negral's immune system to be suppressed and gave him cancer. Not that I needed another reason to hate the Bellboys. But now I do

Crappy American "metal" is carcinogenic... I get it!
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    APaleHorseNamedDeath-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Ataraxie-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-DoomVS-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-Emperor-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Hypocrisy-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-Loss-/-Luna-/-TheManEatingTree-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Profetus-/-Prong-/-Remembrance-/-RevelationsOfRain-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-SolitudeAeturnus-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-WhoDiesInSiberianSlush-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Candlemass-/-DarkTranquillity-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-Kataklysm-/-Kreator-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-MyDyingBride-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-RottingChrist-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:23 pm

nick and i also left after Behemoth when that tour hit Denver, Job for a Cowboy is just awful. however the show sold out in Denver, people were lovin' the plowboys, awful.
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    soundcurve
    Chief Petty Officer

by soundcurve » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:41 pm

Maybe they will try to tour with Watain. I believe that was the plan before he fell ill. Hopefully Nergal is healed up to be around that mess. I'll be there and be prepared this time :) On another note, could be The Devil's Blood too. Selim Lemouchi (S.L. - Main song writer for TDB) was Watain's live guitarist on the American trek last tour. All those guy are happy misanthropic luciferian order/ temple of the black light folk and would consider that the new big satanic thing (That and Watain and TDB are pulling popularity these days) Hhmmmm. I'd be happy with Weapon though they are probably too small. I look forward to the announcement. :D :D :D :bmhorns:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:37 pm

soundcurve wrote:Maybe they will try to tour with Watain. I believe that was the plan before he fell ill. Hopefully Nergal is healed up to be around that mess. I'll be there and be prepared this time :) On another note, could be The Devil's Blood too. Selim Lemouchi (S.L. - Main song writer for TDB) was Watain's live guitarist on the American trek last tour. All those guy are happy misanthropic luciferian order/ temple of the black light folk and would consider that the new big satanic thing (That and Watain and TDB are pulling popularity these days) Hhmmmm. I'd be happy with Weapon though they are probably too small. I look forward to the announcement. :D :D :D :bmhorns:

We didn't get the animal carcass at the Orlando show. I wasn't all that upset about it. But it was goofy as hell watching Waitain perform with the fire, candles, all the garb. And little midget Eric acting all tough and evil. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The lineup would be very varied as well. I'd be down for it :mrgreen: (although I gotta admit after hearing SL do an interview, it make me roll my eyes and make it a little harder to take the band seriously)
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    soundcurve
    Chief Petty Officer

by soundcurve » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:13 pm

KevinP wrote:And little midget Eric acting all tough and evil. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: Yea, that dude seemed, ummm small. Still tried to get in the mood for all the getup, like halloween. :death: I understand ya though. Watain takes themselves beyond too serious and it is one big backfire but it is part of what they are "selling". So much of the metal we listen to advertises danger/chaos but in reality it is all relatively safe. I am realistic but enjoy the escape. I guess I can see why some people into power metal like black metal. The stuff is fantasy but instead of a unicorn we have streets of burning churches and panda paint (still love it :bmhorns: ). But hey, some of the best artist are those the most off kilter. There is a little documentary up on TDB with Selim, eh, just watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... p6hILeDMHE

You could say:
    1. all show, more $$$
    2. The dudes is off but very creative and from the non restrictive confines of day to day he finds his art.
    3. mlo,yadda yadda he'll be jon nodtveidt number X.
    4. ???

As someone who writes music I understand his argument that art comes from inspiration / instinct rather than rational /logical thought (nothing new there). It feels like magic when shit just works and it comes fast (granted I don't cut myself afterwards to the dark lord or whatever, haha :lol: )
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:10 am

I think I was so obsessed with the smell at Watain I forgot to mention that I met the guys before the show. (They were clean and showered.) I went to the show with a black guy, and he's such a HUGE fan of the guys, but listening to them talk to each other was just REALLY uncomfortable. They obviously didn't like that they had to talk to him and kept looking at me very questioningly. It was surreal listening to him talk about what great ideas Hitler and Stalin had, how he finds their music so spiritual, etc. They were nice-ish to him, but...

It was just weird.

Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:29 am

this whole interview is great - just got around to reading the whole thing...lots of great stuff in there - but I especially love this part:

Full Metal Jackie: Being in a black and death metal band, people probably think that you're musical taste is pretty limited what would surprise people most about the music on your iPod.

Nergal: Well, there's thousands of songs, there's hundreds of albums. Well, I woke up today and I played the new RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS on my iPod and I really enjoyed it a lot; I think it's a really really cool album, a lot of good songs. So to people who expect me to listen to MORBID ANGEL and DISSECTION only, they're wrong. I'm a very open-minded musician and I listen to anything; it's a really wide spectrum of stuff that I can enjoy. I hate limiting myself in any way. I go for what works for me in any case.

I'm a huge Red Hot Chili Peppers fan so that was cool to read...and why not derail a bit with a few RHCP links to a few of my favorite songs! :twisted:
    Scar Tissue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzJj5-lubeM&ob=av2e
    Give it Away: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr_uHJPUlO8
    Suck My Kiss: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6jElKMMOWM&ob=av2e
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:35 am

soundcurve wrote:
    KevinP wrote:And little midget Eric acting all tough and evil. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: Yea, that dude seemed, ummm small. Still tried to get in the mood for all the getup, like halloween. :death: I understand ya though. Watain takes themselves beyond too serious and it is one big backfire but it is part of what they are "selling". So much of the metal we listen to advertises danger/chaos but in reality it is all relatively safe. I am realistic but enjoy the escape. I guess I can see why some people into power metal like black metal. The stuff is fantasy but instead of a unicorn we have streets of burning churches and panda paint (still love it :bmhorns: ). But hey, some of the best artist are those the most off kilter. There is a little documentary up on TDB with Selim, eh, just watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... p6hILeDMHE

I watched that whole interview with Selim this morning and really enjoyed it - always interesting to me where visual and performing artists of all kinds get their inspiration and what they have to say about their work. :cheers:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:55 pm

soundcurve wrote:

You could say:
    1. all show, more $$$
    2. The dudes is off but very creative and from the non restrictive confines of day to day he finds his art.
    3. mlo,yadda yadda he'll be jon nodtveidt number X.
    4. ???

As someone who writes music I understand his argument that art comes from inspiration / instinct rather than rational /logical thought (nothing new there). It feels like magic when shit just works and it comes fast (granted I don't cut myself afterwards to the dark lord or whatever, haha :lol: )

That video wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I went in thinking I would be :roll: every 5 seconds. But aside from him rubbing his blood on the wall and being obsessed with death he wasn't angry or bitter (like another interview I saw). Who am I to judge, but I still say he's whacked out of his skull to a certain extent. :lol:

I never thought of the "gimmick" aspect of black and power metal appealing to a person (and liking both things). Gimmicks (generally speaking) don't do it for (it also draws the lowest common denominator crowd). It's all about the music for me. I guess that's what I like about death metal as well. Most of the bands are just regular Joe Schmoe's with regular lives like me. They don't go around murdering people, painting their face to pretend to be evil and have this whole bullshit facade.

I'm the same way with sports. I hate players who "show boat" or have gimmicks or TD dances or HR trots. Just shut up and play music/ball.

And I did notie a Waitain painting hanging up on his wall. So a Behemoth, Waitain, Devil's Blood AND Ghost tour sounds like a good idea (Erik was the one who mentioned Ghost to the masses prior to their explosion).
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:16 pm

^^^^ Wow, Kev - a Behemoth/Watain/Devil's Blood/Ghost tour would be very cool.... although throw in some Archgoat too while we're at it since they're bona-fide Satanists. ;)

I don't know The Devil's Blood outside of that interview with Selim/TDB gig clips posted by Mike. Actually - I think that guy sounds like a fairly intelligent, sensitive, & creative guy albeit the fact that he holds some unusual fringe-like views. But seriously, don't we all to some extent? Since I can remember, I always felt I was somewhat "fringe" or eccentric - maybe not so much how I appear most the time to the average person, but rather more the way I think, the things that interest me, etc.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:19 pm

Laura wrote:^^^^ Wow, Kev - a Behemoth/Watain/Devil's Blood/Ghost tour would be very cool.... although throw in some Archgoat too while we're at it since they're bona-fide Satanists. ;) .

Oy vey with the Archgoat. I'd rather watch Blackguard than that drivel. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Archgoat was formed under the wings of Hell in 1989 to spread the word of the Rebel Angel. The line up consisted of Angelslayer (Growls of the Fullmoon), Ritual Butcherer (Axe of Black Mass) and Blood Desecrator (Bombardment).

The Black Crusade Shall Continue Against the Religion of the Weak....

I still contend it's all bullshit. At least bands like Sodom, Venom, etc. you knew they weren't expecting you to take it seriously. Those were the early days, it was metal, it was fun and it was counter culture. Now it's almost mainstream and hard to take seriously.

We worship Satan - go buy our t-shirt!!!!!! :roll: :lol: :roll:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    soundcurve
    Chief Petty Officer

by soundcurve » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:41 pm

Agreed! Behemoth/Watain/Devil's Blood/Ghost tour would be huge. Here's to hoping folks :bangers: Though Nifelheim gets on with the whole crowd too.

Laura wrote:Since I can remember, I always felt I was somewhat "fringe" or eccentric - maybe not so much how I appear most the time to the average person, but rather more the way I think, the things that interest me, etc.

Amen! From a personal stand point and kinda along the lines what Kevin says about bands he digs (but from a different side) the whole you must be x + y + z = metalhead means fuck all to me. I do like the image from the performance angle but I recall going into a store with a Immortal shirt on and the dude checking me out was blown away cause " I didn't look like I should like em'" Meaning I should have long hair and and tattoos which both at the time I had none. I felt it quick to simply judge what someone is like by the way they look. I mean, most are guilty of stereotyping, it is only human when presented only with what you can see (If you can see the mind of others tell me! :lol: ) but the mind is a labyrinth compared to the external presentation.

I think you will really dig the Devils Blood Laura if you diged a lot of 70's rock/metal and this new reinstating of it (Ghost, Blood Ceremony, etc. though some may feel, "been there, done that"). Couple folks do get turn off by TDB's vocalist as there is a lot of vibrato but meh. I love it. Great vibe.
    soundcurve
    Chief Petty Officer

by soundcurve » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:44 pm

KevinP wrote:We worship Satan - go buy our t-shirt!!!!!! :roll: :lol: :roll:

haha, yea that summed up my watain experience. :D But hey, you need the atmosphere to make a believer and a little $$$ never hurt a satanist.

You might get a laugh outta this: http://www.metalsucks.net/2011/10/28/f- ... vs-watain/

I’m just confused by these dudes. I can’t get my head around the amazing stupidity involved. I mean they really try hard to be or at least aspire for some kind of evilness. Right? Why then are they farting around with guitars, spurting a bit o blood and screaming? I mean they should be getting a business and a law-degree, cut their hair, build some clout daytrading and start doing some real damage, right? Not shouting “Hail Satan!” before they get up to play some rock n roll. I don’t get it.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:46 pm

soundcurve wrote:I think you will really dig the Devils Blood Laura if you diged a lot of 70's rock/metal and this new reinstating of it (Ghost, Blood Ceremony, etc. though some may feel, "been there, done that"). Couple folks do get turn off by TDB's vocalist as there is a lot of vibrato but meh. I love it. Great vibe.

98.659% chance Laura digs them. And who doesn't like a female voice that has elements of King Diamond?
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:51 pm

soundcurve wrote:I’m just confused by these dudes. I can’t get my head around the amazing stupidity involved. I mean they really try hard to be or at least aspire for some kind of evilness. Right? Why then are they farting around with guitars, spurting a bit o blood and screaming? I mean they should be getting a business and a law-degree, cut their hair, build some clout daytrading and start doing some real damage, right? Not shouting “Hail Satan!” before they get up to play some rock n roll. I don’t get it.

:lol: Nice :lol: That pretty much sums up my feelings as well. If you are so evil and want to make me believe that you feel that way (and barely any of them actually do, it's almost always all an act) then why are you playing music and selling merch? If you are so anti society, why practice songs over and over and over and spend time in a recording studio. Go out and really be evil and do evil shit.

Otherwise you're just a pussy pretending to be cool. :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:45 am

KevinP wrote:
    soundcurve wrote:I’m just confused by these dudes. I can’t get my head around the amazing stupidity involved. I mean they really try hard to be or at least aspire for some kind of evilness. Right? Why then are they farting around with guitars, spurting a bit o blood and screaming? I mean they should be getting a business and a law-degree, cut their hair, build some clout daytrading and start doing some real damage, right? Not shouting “Hail Satan!” before they get up to play some rock n roll. I don’t get it.

:lol: Nice :lol: That pretty much sums up my feelings as well. If you are so evil and want to make me believe that you feel that way (and barely any of them actually do, it's almost always all an act) then why are you playing music and selling merch? If you are so anti society, why practice songs over and over and over and spend time in a recording studio. Go out and really be evil and do evil shit.

Otherwise you're just a pussy pretending to be cool. :mrgreen:

So getting the message out and attracting followers doesn't count for anything? On the other side of the aisle, there are preachers. Are they completely worthless also? Should they just shut up, go out and do good shit? I'd generally be for that. (I go ape shit about proselytizing.) Yes, both sides should practice what they preach, but without someone to deliver the message, change cannot occur.

And who's to say what's "evil"? I think xianity is one of the most evil creations in the history of mankind. Fuck. I said I wouldn't talk religion.

All sorts of organizations have heads or leaders that don't do shit except solicit people to commit violent acts in their name, while they sit back and "organize".

Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:08 am

soundcurve wrote:Agreed! Behemoth/Watain/Devil's Blood/Ghost tour would be huge. Here's to hoping folks :bangers: Though Nifelheim gets on with the whole crowd too.

Laura wrote:Since I can remember, I always felt I was somewhat "fringe" or eccentric - maybe not so much how I appear most the time to the average person, but rather more the way I think, the things that interest me, etc.

Amen! From a personal stand point and kinda along the lines what Kevin says about bands he digs (but from a different side) the whole you must be x + y + z = metalhead means fuck all to me. I do like the image from the performance angle but I recall going into a store with a Immortal shirt on and the dude checking me out was blown away cause " I didn't look like I should like em'" Meaning I should have long hair and and tattoos which both at the time I had none. I felt it quick to simply judge what someone is like by the way they look. I mean, most are guilty of stereotyping, it is only human when presented only with what you can see (If you can see the mind of others tell me! :lol: ) but the mind is a labyrinth compared to the external presentation.

I think you will really dig the Devils Blood Laura if you diged a lot of 70's rock/metal and this new reinstating of it (Ghost,
    Blood Ceremony, etc. though some may feel, "been there, done that"). Couple folks do get turn off by TDB's vocalist as there is a lot of vibrato but meh. I love it. Great vibe.

Like this post Mike - and I plan on giving a serious listen to TDB this afternoon. :cheers:
    soundcurve wrote:
    KevinP wrote:We worship Satan - go buy our t-shirt!!!!!! :roll: :lol: :roll:

haha, yea that summed up my watain experience. :D But hey, you need the atmosphere to make a believer and a little $$$ never hurt a satanist.

You might get a laugh outta this: http://www.metalsucks.net/2011/10/28/f- ... vs-watain/

I’m just confused by these dudes. I can’t get my head around the amazing stupidity involved. I mean they really try hard to be or at least aspire for some kind of evilness. Right? Why then are they farting around with guitars, spurting a bit
    o blood and screaming? I mean they should be getting a business and a law-degree, cut their hair, build some clout daytrading and start doing some real damage, right? Not shouting “Hail Satan!” before they get up to play some rock n roll. I don’t get it.

I actually think this guy is way off base for many reasons - will get back to this.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:31 am

EvilDan wrote:So getting the message out and attracting followers doesn't count for anything? On the other side of the aisle, there are preachers. Are they completely worthless also? Should they just shut up, go out and do good shit? I'd generally be for that. (I go ape shit about proselytizing.) Yes, both sides should practice what they preach, but without someone to deliver the message, change cannot occur.

And who's to say what's "evil"? I think xianity is one of the most evil creations in the history of mankind. Fuck. I said I wouldn't talk religion.

All sorts of organizations have heads or leaders that don't do shit except solicit people to commit violent acts in their name, while they sit back and "organize".

Correct, Preachers are Charlatans, just like black metal musicians. They spew bullshit they don't actually believe for an ulterior motive. :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    soundcurve
    Chief Petty Officer

by soundcurve » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:52 am

EvilDan wrote:So getting the message out and attracting followers doesn't count for anything? On the other side of the aisle, there are preachers. Are they completely worthless also? Should they just shut up, go out and do good shit? I'd generally be for that. (I go ape shit about proselytizing.) Yes, both sides should practice what they preach, but without someone to deliver the message, change cannot occur.

I'd say Watain achieved their goal. We are talking about them (maybe my fault? :lol: ), they are getting more known and the over the top crap they pull is helping this cause.In order for me to enjoy Watain's gimmick though I align it with fantasy / imagination. Ex: when I was kid and first got the reign in blood LP I was pretty sold that these dudes were into satan and what not. It made it even more appealing and more enjoyable. Just like any great movie, it is the immersion that helps the viewer (and in this case listener) connect with the art. Perhaps unlike Kevin I don't mind musicians elevating themselves outside the "regular dude" image when it comes to the immersion. I feel it help augment the talent that should already be the base. Of course, this can be done by pure talent (i.e. Mikeal Akerfelt, Dave Mustaine, etc. - using examples I like . . fill in your own) but back on point.

Where Watain differs is they keep selling it beyond just the immersion by aligning with actions of Jon Nodtveidt, MLO, etc. Now we have true actions, death, and a religion. You can question "well maybe this is going beyond immersion / rebellion" and that is intriguing to me because it is real (art as the expression of life and death in this case). I would say most metal heads get pretty calloused towards the millions of satanic bands so when someone threatens to practice what they preach they seem to get the attention. Where this all deflates is they really haven't and what is mentioned by the above: "We love satan sooo soo much, please buy our shirts, posters, and a watain thong for a lucky lady". Though you make a good point as this gets their "message" out.

I am with you that I tread lightly on the topic of religion and politics as they seem the issues that get people off the middle of the fence and at each others throats :lol: (not always a bad thing) I feel religion helps people cope with the fear of death and the unknowns. The randomness of death at times defies logic and some of the best thought out controls. I wish there were words that could make it all sit well as I’ve tried to rationalize it myself many times but it is a area where I sometimes put my hands up and watch as the forces of existence take over (The chaos the MLO seeks). Though if the “forces of existence” is what one would call god, it is defiantly a god that has no conscious concerns about humanity. As much as a person could loath humanity (see:MLO) at times, we are all we got. I much rather cast my chips to better human existence and try the best to control the unknowns than to fully commit to giving up. If anything this seems a weaker path to simple commit to death.(not lumping people with mental health issues in that)

bah, sorry for the wall o' text. went into rant mode, haha
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:50 pm

KevinP wrote:
    Laura wrote:^^^^ Wow, Kev - a Behemoth/Watain/Devil's Blood/Ghost tour would be very cool.... although throw in some Archgoat too while we're at it since they're bona-fide Satanists. ;) .

Oy vey with the Archgoat. I'd rather watch Blackguard than that drivel. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Archgoat was formed under the wings of Hell in 1989 to spread the word of the Rebel Angel. The line up consisted of Angelslayer (Growls of the Fullmoon), Ritual Butcherer (Axe of Black Mass) and Blood Desecrator (Bombardment).

The Black Crusade Shall Continue Against the Religion of the Weak....

I still contend it's all bullshit. At least bands like Sodom, Venom, etc. you knew they weren't expecting you to take it seriously. Those were the early days, it was metal, it was fun and it was counter culture. Now it's almost mainstream and hard to take seriously.

We worship Satan - go buy our t-shirt!!!!!! :roll: :lol: :roll:

Oh dear Kevin - how many times have we gone round and round on this topic? OY VEY!! :lol: But seriously - who cares if the Archgoat guys really do worship Satan AND choose to perform their music live AND god forbid try to make some money off of it? :P I don't think that makes them any less "authentic" in regard to whatever it is exactly they believe in... i.e. I don't really expect these types to just perform for each other and a select group of heathen bros in a cave somewhere in Scandinavia. (although that could be kinda bizarre and cool I imagine :beerwink: ) As far as the desire to proselytize goes - i.e. "spread the word of the Rebel Angel"....I'm kinda "whatever" on that. As long as they're not doing anything illegal and pulling hapless victims from their audiences to do evil stuff to :twisted: :P - I say sing all the Satanical lyrics you want (and dress all crazy :beerhorns: while you're at it ;) )....tons of musicians do that (whether they are Satanists or not)....I think because it is really great lyrical fodder - good vs. evil and all that jazz. And I must say again, I found their gig in Bergen to be quite entertaining. ;) ...and back to the thread topic - same with Behemoth! :death: And Nergal isn't a "real" Satanist as far as I know but he still does the whole schtick live - and I love it - great theater so to speak :cool: + great powerful music & presence :cool: = highly entertaining. :cool: (to me anyway)
    :beerhorns:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:29 am

Laura wrote:Oh dear Kevin - how many times have we gone round and round on this topic? OY VEY!! :lol:

True, it's a never ending circle, but still puzzles me to no end.

What was the original topic on this again? Oh, the tour. My guess Behemoth, Ghost, Devil's Blood, Waitain.

The only thing that gives me "pause" would be that Waitain would be touring the US again with no new album to promote? Not that they can't, but doesn't seem typical for a band to do.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:28 am

We've waited almost 30 days for a cruise announcement. I've waited almost 2 years for a BEHEMOTH tour announcement! Bring on BEHEMOTH!!!!!

sorry for the pointless bump.
    :beerhorns:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:52 am

Ghost is ruled out but it looks like the others are there ( or so I'm told )
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:08 am

It seems the dates for this amazing tour were announced during the cruise sometime....this gig is without doubt in my top three most anticipated of 2012 so far (along with Paganfest America - Turisas, Arkona, Ex Deo, Alestorm & Huntress in April and Rammstein in May)

It is *extremely* rare that I am so stoked for EVERY band on a line-up - but this time without doubt. :D :D :D

BEHEMOTH - 'nuff said really but I'll add that I feel Nergal is one of the greatest single performers (considering all forms of entertainment) I have *ever* experienced...and imo the sheer power of their music stands high above most every other band of their ilk. I will never forget the first time seeing them back in November 2007 - :shock: totally :shock: blew me away...afterward I felt like I had been hit by a Mack Truck (and it felt good :P )

WATAIN - been hearing so much about about this band for a few years now and looking forward to finally seeing them - only know a few songs - album recommendations people?

THE DEVIL'S BLOOD - learned about this band recently via soundcurve Mike and Kevin on these forums somewhere - so far, only own the EP Come, Reap - fantastic! Next to buy: Time of No Time Evermore and The Thousandfold Epicentre. Love the 60s & 70s psychedelic influences among others.

IN SOLITUDE - saw them at Hole in the Sky in Bergen in the small Garage venue - fantastic live band - love the album In Solitude that I have and now need to pick up Hidden Dangers and The World.The Flesh.The Devil (Bentz! - I seem to remember you and Mere dig this band too - and since there is no Detroit date - I assume you're gonna come to Chicago again for a gig and visit to Kuma's? :cheers: )

TOUR DATES
    Wed/Apr-11 Columbus, OH The Brewmasters Gate

Thu/Apr-12 Pittsburgh, PA Mr. Smalls

Fri/Apr-13 Chicago, IL Bottom Lounge

Sat/Apr-14 St. Paul, MN Station Four

Sun/Apr-15 OFF

Mon/Apr-16 Lawrence, KS Granada Theater

Tue/Apr-17 Denver, CO Summit Theatre

Wed/Apr-18 Salt Lake City, UT The Complex

Thu/Apr-19 OFF

Fri/Apr-20 Seattle, WA El Corazon

Sat/Apr-21 Vancouver, BC Rickshaw

Sun/Apr-22 Portland, OR Hawthorne Theater

Mon/Apr-23 San Francisco, CA Slims

Tue/Apr-24 OFF

Wed/Apr-25 Los Angeles, CA House of Blues

Thu/Apr-26 Phoenix, AZ Nile Theater

Fri/Apr-27 Albuquerque, NM Sunshine Theater

Sat/Apr-28 Fill-tbd

Sun/Apr-29 San Antonio White Rabbit

Mon/Apr-30 OFF

Tue/May-01 Tampa, FL Orpheum

Wed/May-02 Atlanta, GA Masquerade

Thu/May-03 OFF

Fri/May-04 Charlotte, NC Amos Southend

Sat/May-05 Baltimore, MD Rams Head

Sun/May-06 Philadelphia, PA Trocadero Theatre

Mon/May-07 OFF

Tue/May-08 Toronto, ON Opera House

Wed/May-09 Montreal, QC Club Soda

Thu/May-10 Quebec City, QC Imperial

Fri/May-11 Worcester, MA Palladium

Sat/May-12 New York, NY Irving Plaza

• Post Reply 114 posts