Post Reply 114 posts
BEHEMOTH 2012 U.S. TOUR!
    mooyagi
    Captain

Re: BEHEMOTH 2012 U.S. TOUR!

by mooyagi » Tue May 01, 2012 1:54 pm

Warphine wrote:BEHEMOTH announced! On the same day as the Tampa show too! :shred:

Fucking awesome announcement. :beerbang:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Tue May 01, 2012 2:03 pm

Oh snap. Now im started to get jealous of Barge.

lmao and total fail, the day of Behemoth im here listening to Lost Horizon.
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Wed May 02, 2012 7:10 am

Laura wrote:......

After yesterday's announcement, this looks like a boxing promo photo. Mayhem Cruise vs Barge to Hell.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed May 02, 2012 8:40 am

gnoff wrote:yay, Behemoth!

very evil, wee

haha

it will be fun, I'm just not so evil

I might have to bring my pink backpack once more

You better!
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Wed May 02, 2012 8:44 am

Sgt. B wrote:After yesterday's announcement, this looks like a boxing promo photo. Mayhem Cruise vs Barge to Hell.

Holy shit dude I totally laughed out loud at that for a few minutes. :beerbang:

This photo needs a caption. :P
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Wed May 02, 2012 8:48 am

Last night was awesome but damn we couldnt tolerate Watain lmao. I wanted to stay because they had a cool setup but the heat and that fucking smell killed it :lol: :lol:
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Wed May 02, 2012 8:50 am

Mayhem Cruise would be TKO'd by a first round haymaker from the Barge to Hell!

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Wed May 02, 2012 10:34 am

Warphine wrote:
    Sgt. B wrote:After yesterday's announcement, this looks like a boxing promo photo. Mayhem Cruise vs Barge to Hell.

Holy shit dude I totally laughed out loud at that for a few minutes. :beerbang:

This photo needs a caption. :P

Try this:

Adam "Nergal" Darski threatens to unleash the "Left Hand ov God" on Robb "The Ten Ton Hammer" Flynn at their next meeting, December 7, 2012 in Miami, FL.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed May 02, 2012 11:58 am

Monmisreal wrote:Last night was awesome but damn we couldnt tolerate Watain lmao. I wanted to stay because they had a cool setup but the heat and that fucking smell killed it :lol: :lol:

damn, they didn't use anything stinky in denver! and they were great!
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed May 02, 2012 1:10 pm

the back of the venue where all the tour buses were stunk like a really bad dumpster, YET I didn't see one around. Funny how you could have walked into any of the tour buses. no green room at this place and nothing sectioned off in the parking lot behind the vehicle, where a bunch of us parked, right next to all of them :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    soundcurve
    Chief Petty Officer

by soundcurve » Thu May 03, 2012 1:16 pm

Sgt. B wrote:Adam "Nergal" Darski threatens to unleash the "Left Hand ov God" on Robb "The Ten Ton Hammer" Flynn at their next meeting, December 7, 2012 in Miami, FL.

:lol: Dig that caption.

This Saturday for me! Sadly I might miss In Solitude. Nothing too horrible but conflicting engagements. Luckly their career is just getting started so I am sure they'll be back. I do really enjoy their cover of "Mother of Mercy". http://soundcloud.com/decibelmagazine/i ... r-of-mercy We all want our time in hell! :bmhorns:

Were they throwing blood on people at these shows? I don't mind the smell at all (actually looking forward to it now) but do prefer not getting jettisoned with blood from unknown source. Hopefully it will be cow though and not a Baltimore Hobo. Hmmm, maybe I can bring a couple buckets of cow blood from a slaughter house and score a free shirt. :D Better yet per-emptively fill a supper soaker with blood to shoot back!

Image + Image
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu May 03, 2012 1:40 pm

Laura wrote:Tue/Apr-17 Denver, CO Summit Theatre

Wed/Apr-18 Salt Lake City, UT The Complex

Thu/Apr-19 OFF

Fri/Apr-20 Seattle, WA El Corazon

Sat/Apr-21 Vancouver, BC Rickshaw

Sun/Apr-22 Portland, OR Hawthorne Theater

Ok, I know I bitch a lot about concerts skipping Alberta, But at this point I`m just insulted :cry:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Thu May 03, 2012 2:05 pm

soundcurve wrote:This Saturday for me! Sadly I might miss In Solitude. Nothing too horrible but conflicting engagements. Luckly their career is just getting started so I am sure they'll be back. I do really enjoy their cover of "Mother of Mercy". http://soundcloud.com/decibelmagazine/i ... r-of-mercy We all want our time in hell! :bmhorns:

In case you didn't already know, In Solitude are playing this cover on tour. Not sure if this will make a difference with your conflicting engagements, though.

I'm sure by the time Watain get around to playing their headlining shows after the Behemoth tour is over, their animal parts and stage get ups should be extra stinky. Harpos is a huge venue (waaay to big for a metal show like this in Detroit in 2012) so there should be enough room for it to air out.
    soundcurve
    Chief Petty Officer

by soundcurve » Thu May 03, 2012 2:12 pm

Bentz! wrote:In case you didn't already know, In Solitude are playing this cover on tour. Not sure if this will make a difference with your conflicting engagements, though.

I'm sure by the time Watain get around to playing their headlining shows after the Behemoth tour is over, their animal parts and stage get ups should be extra stinky. Harpos is a huge venue (waaay to big for a metal show like this in Detroit in 2012) so there should be enough room for it to air out.

Thanks for the info. Man, that sucks. Hopefully it is played last. My buds wedding shower is @ 5:30pm and doors are 6:30pm. I'll have to call the day of the show to see when they come on. I hope there is one local before the main tour so I that buys me a little time. ARG! :?
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Thu May 03, 2012 2:35 pm

soundcurve wrote:Were they throwing blood on people at these shows? I don't mind the smell at all (actually looking forward to it now) but do prefer not getting jettisoned with blood from unknown source. Hopefully it will be cow though and not a Baltimore Hobo. Hmmm, maybe I can bring a couple buckets of cow blood from a slaughter house and score a free shirt. :D Better yet per-emptively fill a supper soaker with blood to shoot back!

lmfao the super soaker comment totally made me :lol: :lol:

We showed up a little late for their set since I just wanted to see a few songs. They werent throwing shit on people while we were there but the fact that the damn venue had no ac and was like 90 degrees probably made the smell that much worse. I wonder how much blood Watain and The Devil's Blood will use this tour haha
    soundcurve
    Chief Petty Officer

by soundcurve » Thu May 03, 2012 3:01 pm

Monmisreal wrote:lmfao the super soaker comment totally made me :lol: :lol:

We showed up a little late for their set since I just wanted to see a few songs. They werent throwing shit on people while we were there but the fact that the damn venue had no ac and was like 90 degrees probably made the smell that much worse. I wonder how much blood Watain and The Devil's Blood will use this tour haha

Yea I've got some experience with them now so it is time to come prepared, haha. Some footage my bud took from our last encounter with the stink that is Watain - Underneath the Cenotaph: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd2oQkQb65U I heard Sonar the club they played up here wouldn't have them back after it. The smell was so bad (or good?) that the bouncers were standing outside while the show went on. I fared well with just snot and blood on me, my friend not so well. I felt sorry for this one kid that got nailed with blood. Got his whole face drenched and some bonus animal hair and chunks (Who knows, maybe he liked it). Luckily we don't have the FL heat going on yet in MD. The venue they are playing here is a lot nicer so be interesting if they pull all this off again. Either way, a site to see. Watain and Gallagher could perhaps be the next tour.
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Fri May 04, 2012 2:02 pm

Monmisreal wrote:We showed up a little late for their set since I just wanted to see a few songs. They werent throwing shit on people while we were there but the fact that the damn venue had no ac and was like 90 degrees probably made the smell that much worse. I wonder how much blood Watain and The Devil's Blood will use this tour haha

The venue was pretty hot, which really sucked and made everybody very sweaty... although Kristal and I were right up front most of the show and the smell didn't bother us (I didn't notice a smell honestly, except for maybe BO but that was just because it was crowded and hot). Venues need to invest in air conditioning.

kjaxin
    Crewman

by kjaxin » Fri May 04, 2012 5:21 pm

I didn't notice any smell at all. It was warm up front but nothing a few bottles of water didn't take care of. I honestly don't find anything metal at all about complaining about those things. When it comes right down to it, I expect the scene to be a little bit greasy. I am no huge fan of Watain but I think the played a decent set. The whole line up was worth sweating for and driving 4 hours for on a Tuesday. WTF? :headbanger:
    Bolt Thrower, Satyricon, Einherjer, Slumber, Yob, Inquisition, Unholy, Horna, Primordial, Melechesh, Goatwhore, October Tide, Rapture
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Fri May 04, 2012 5:58 pm

The heat sucked but I overlooked that a bit since the Kreator show I went to years earlier was soo bad they walked off the stage and acted like pussies for 20 minutes before deciding to play the rest of the set. I ususally wear shorts and flip flops to shows but I figured my feet would get stomped to hell so I went with jeans. That backfired so I know not to do that again for that venue haha.

As for the smell, I really dont give a damn whats "metal" or not. Its not like I went and complained to management about the smell, I gave Watain a chance and didnt want to tough it out. The second we walked in it smelled like wet dog and got progressively worse as we got closer to the stage. I know its common for the band, thats why we just left and shrugged it off. At that point it was more of me being a consumer instead of trying to act all metal and stay. Ill definitely give up my metal card if it comes down to me not wanting to stay where it smelled like someone shit themself. The smell was gone when we came back for Behemoth.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Sat May 05, 2012 1:01 pm

Monmisreal wrote:The heat sucked but I overlooked that a bit since the Kreator show I went to years earlier was soo bad they walked off the stage and acted like pussies for 20 minutes before deciding to play the rest of the set. I ususally wear shorts and flip flops to shows but I figured my feet would get stomped to hell so I went with jeans. That backfired so I know not to do that again for that venue haha.

As for the smell, I really dont give a damn whats "metal" or not. Its not like I went and complained to management about the smell, I gave Watain a chance and didnt want to tough it out. The second we walked in it smelled like wet dog and got progressively worse as we got closer to the stage. I know its common for the band, thats why we just left and shrugged it off. At that point it was more of me being a consumer instead of trying to act all metal and stay. Ill definitely give up my metal card if it comes down to me not wanting to stay where it smelled like someone shit themself. The smell was gone when we came back for Behemoth.

:lol: not showering is METAL! I dont think anyone should do something like that for the sake of being metal, its not in any way a real reason haha.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Sat May 05, 2012 1:07 pm

Stained Class wrote: :lol: not showering is METAL! I dont think anyone should do something like that for the sake of being metal, its not in any way a real reason haha.

:lol: Even though im sure people will already say ive given up my metal card since im a pretty big power weenie :beerbang:

oh btw, if youre still going to progpower have fun. Apparently it will most likely be the last one lmao
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat May 05, 2012 1:16 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    Monmisreal wrote:The heat sucked but I overlooked that a bit since the Kreator show I went to years earlier was soo bad they walked off the stage and acted like pussies for 20 minutes before deciding to play the rest of the set. I ususally wear shorts and flip flops to shows but I figured my feet would get stomped to hell so I went with jeans. That backfired so I know not to do that again for that venue haha.

:lol: not showering is METAL! I dont think anyone should do something like that for the sake of being metal, its not in any way a real reason haha.

Coming back from Wacken, we hadn't washed any of our shit and as we were going through security, the guard asked my friend to open his bag (the guard knew we were coming from Wacken) and the stench was so overwhelming he just jumped back and waved us through :lol:
    soundcurve
    Chief Petty Officer

by soundcurve » Sat May 05, 2012 9:44 pm

Just got back from the Bmore show and Devil's Blood owned it for me. 3 guitarist can make magic on stage. Rare that bands get the opportunity, but love it. :bmhorns:

In solitude didn't play my beloved Samhain cover. Oh well. Their future looks bright. They played several songs I kinda knew, one of which was really really good live.

Devils Blood was the tits. :boobs: Man they were good. They worked the shit outta "Christ or Cocaine" to a T. Definitely a band I'll be back for.

Watain was alright. Never was a worshiper of the über satan shit they roll. Some dude gave me the info Rams Head wasn't having that shit with dead animals which makes sense. The venue is a bit more up scale than most metal shows I go to. So they had to hold on music merit which was alright.

Finally behemoth. The set I was not what I was hoping for. Lost of really slow stuff. Either way, cheers to Negral being back out and kickin ass.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun May 06, 2012 3:13 pm

soundcurve wrote:Finally behemoth. The set I was not what I was hoping for. Lost of really slow stuff. Either way, cheers to Negral being back out and kickin ass.

I noticed that as well. Defintely not the typical setlist for them, which can be a good thing. I wonder if his recovery limited his ability to play lots of the uber fast stuff they usually do?

I think Slaves Shall Serve was the only breakneck song they did, correct ?
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    soundcurve
    Chief Petty Officer

by soundcurve » Sun May 06, 2012 7:41 pm

KevinP wrote:I noticed that as well. Defintely not the typical setlist for them, which can be a good thing. I wonder if his recovery limited his ability to play lots of the uber fast stuff they usually do?

Yea they played slaves shall serve and I also was thinking the same thing. I mean their drummer is always set at 10 but as for fast guitar playing slaves was the only shredder. I can't say I've seen em' before this though so might be something they always did.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon May 07, 2012 4:44 am

soundcurve wrote:
    KevinP wrote:I noticed that as well. Defintely not the typical setlist for them, which can be a good thing. I wonder if his recovery limited his ability to play lots of the uber fast stuff they usually do?

Yea they played slaves shall serve and I also was thinking the same thing. I mean their drummer is always set at 10 but as for fast guitar playing slaves was the only shredder. I can't say I've seen em' before this though so might be something they always did.

When they opened for Morbid Angel on Demigod and headlined on Apostasy they played multiple fast songs, the entire set was almost at a breakneck speed. This was different. Hopefully after this tour and some rest, they'll be all set for shred it up on Barge :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon May 07, 2012 5:18 am

I thought their performance was super high energy & killer but I saw them on the very beginning of this tour so maybe that made a difference. It was a great set-list I thought including Slaves Shall Serve, Lucifer, At the Left Hand ov God, & Conquer All (I will find and post the complete one later. It was my 4th time seeing them - but I was right in front of the stage this time (2nd row standing) for most of it so that made it a bit of a different experience than the 3 times I saw them at House of Blues. Bottom Lounge (where I saw them this time) is much smaller, stage is closer & lower to the audience, and so on.

Anyway, I still feel that Nergal is overdoing it with this extensive touring so soon after having leukemia. I get the fact that he wants to prove to himself and his fans that he beat it, but gee-whiz. Hope he can take a long relaxing break afterward and then totally kick ass on the Barge!
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon May 07, 2012 7:23 am

mooyagi wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:

Coming back from Wacken, we hadn't washed any of our shit and as we were going through security, the guard asked my friend to open his bag (the guard knew we were coming from Wacken) and the stench was so overwhelming he just jumped back and waved us through :lol:

Exact same thing happened to me :lol:

Monmisreal wrote:
    Stained Class wrote::lol: not showering is METAL! I dont think anyone should do something like that for the sake of being metal, its not in any way a real reason haha.

:lol: Even though im sure people will already say ive given up my metal card since im a pretty big power weenie :beerbang:

oh btw, if youre still going to progpower have fun. Apparently it will most likely be the last one lmao

Yeah I heard about that. That's one reason I wanted to go this year, cus it might be my last chance. He did say that if they can sell out that he'll do another one for sure but the last couple years he was a couple hundred off. I think with the Nightwish shows, Symphony X headlining, and a handful of bands having their North American debut it should sell out. Does being a power weenie revoke me of my metal card? I guess I never really had it then :lol:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon May 07, 2012 8:24 am

Laura wrote:Anyway, I still feel that Nergal is overdoing it with this extensive touring so soon after having leukemia. I get the fact that he wants to prove to himself and his fans that he beat it, but gee-whiz. Hope he can take a long relaxing break afterward and then totally kick ass on the Barge!

I worry about that too. He came back very quickly. Hopefully he has the strength to continue with all the touring.
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Mon May 07, 2012 9:01 am

Stained Class wrote:Yeah I heard about that. That's one reason I wanted to go this year, cus it might be my last chance. He did say that if they can sell out that he'll do another one for sure but the last couple years he was a couple hundred off. I think with the Nightwish shows, Symphony X headlining, and a handful of bands having their North American debut it should sell out. Does being a power weenie revoke me of my metal card? I guess I never really had it then :lol:

I hope so but I wouldnt bet on it. He got kind of screwed with his headliners this year. Symphony X just finished 2 US tours recently, Epica is about to start theirs, Nightwish and Kamelot are on tour together. His exclusives this year arent really "big hitters." Still the only bands im angry I cant see are Primordial and Mystic Prophecy.
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Mon May 07, 2012 10:40 am

Monmisreal wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:Yeah I heard about that. That's one reason I wanted to go this year, cus it might be my last chance. He did say that if they can sell out that he'll do another one for sure but the last couple years he was a couple hundred off. I think with the Nightwish shows, Symphony X headlining, and a handful of bands having their North American debut it should sell out. Does being a power weenie revoke me of my metal card? I guess I never really had it then :lol:

I hope so but I wouldnt bet on it. He got kind of screwed with his headliners this year. Symphony X just finished 2 US tours recently, Epica is about to start theirs, Nightwish and Kamelot are on tour together. His exclusives this year arent really "big hitters." Still the only bands im angry I cant see are Primordial and Mystic Prophecy.

I'm in agreement that two of the main bands I want to see are Primordial and Mystic Prophecy (along with Lanfear). Really was disappointed with this years lineup as compared to last year (Sanctuary, Ihsahn, Therion, Forbidden,...). I felt the booking went back to the usual formula. I was hoping for another band like Primordial or Ihsahn to be added. I am looking forward to Pretty Maids again after seeing them on 70K 2012. I am going partially for the music & partially to see friends that I see there once a year. I have been to PP III, V-XII so far.

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon May 07, 2012 10:47 am

Sgt. B wrote:
    Monmisreal wrote:

I'm in agreement that two of the main bands I want to see are Primordial and Mystic Prophecy (along with Lanfear). Really was disappointed with this years lineup as compared to last year (Sanctuary, Ihsahn, Therion, Forbidden,...). I felt the booking went back to the usual formula. I was hoping for another band like Primordial or Ihsahn to be added. I am looking forward to Pretty Maids again after seeing them on 70K 2012. I am going partially for the music & partially to see friends that I see there once a year. I have been to PP III, V-XII so far.

Cool, I'll cya there then! I'm actually really stoked on the lineup this year. There are a bunch of bands I hadn't even heard of before that I really like. Redemption, Lanfear, Serenity & Above Symmetry. Even though AS isn't on it anymore I discovered a new band I like. Other then that the only bands that I've seen before are Symphony X, Epica and Pretty Maids.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Mon May 07, 2012 11:45 am

Sgt. B wrote:I'm in agreement that two of the main bands I want to see are Primordial and Mystic Prophecy (along with Lanfear). Really was disappointed with this years lineup as compared to last year (Sanctuary, Ihsahn, Therion, Forbidden,...). I felt the booking went back to the usual formula. I was hoping for another band like Primordial or Ihsahn to be added. I am looking forward to Pretty Maids again after seeing them on 70K 2012. I am going partially for the music & partially to see friends that I see there once a year. I have been to PP III, V-XII so far.

Oh man Ihsahn was flawless last year. I actually really dislike this year's lineup, primarily because I dont like Epica and hate Mayan (Death metal epica 1.5 :lol: ). The rest of the bands were eh for me. I was waiting to see what the midweek was to see if a one day would have been worth it but im passing this year. My girl and I went to last year, and the year before that as our only times. I tried to go around 02/03 but my friend and I were barely out of HS and never had the chance to go haha.
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:21 am

Can't believe I'm going to see Behemoth live twice on Barge. :shock: :D :shock: :D Even though I've seen them 4 times - they are the band I'm most looking forward to on the boat....and to me the ultimate band for an "extreme" metal cruise. Barge is gonna be crazy, insane nuts - I just know it. And it will be amazing.
    :bmhorns: :bmhorns: :bmhorns:
    CONQUER ALL!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38j-i8jH ... ure=relmfu
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
Post Reply 114 posts