Post Reply 28 posts Page 1 of 1
Enslaved North America Tour 2013
    Laura
    Commander

Enslaved North America Tour 2013

by Laura » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:31 pm

Thanks to Momnisreal for bringing this to my attention on the bitching thread (and sorry it's not coming to your area)

I'm very excited about this since Enslaved is one of my top 10 favorite bands - but better yet, I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that the new album is their best yet (and I thought the last one was stellar.). Damn - 12th studio album and stronger than ever.

Don't know the other bands except for seeing their names here & there - thoughts on either?
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Enslaved North America Tour 2013

by Feanorgandalf » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:14 pm

My first time seeing Enslaved live was when they opened for Dimmu Borgir. Fucking amazing show unfortunately they weren't headlining. Can't wait for this one.
    rootleaf
    Petty Officer

by rootleaf » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:33 pm

Ancient VVisdom is from Austin, so I know of them. They've been getting some good attention lately (went on tour with Ghost last year) and I have common friends with some of their members and see them at the bars/shows here regularly too. They lean more towards the lighter side of doom/stoner metal I guess (think The Devils Blood/Ghost/etc), so don't expect anything super heavy, but they're worth checking out.
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:41 pm

:bitch:

haha Pallbearer has a badass looking shirt that id love to buy at a show. One day...
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:43 pm

rootleaf wrote:Ancient VVisdom is from Austin, so I know of them. They've been getting some good attention lately (went on tour with Ghost last year) and I have common friends with some of their members and see them at the bars/shows here regularly too. They lean more towards the lighter side of doom/stoner metal I guess (think The Devils Blood/Ghost/etc), so don't expect anything super heavy, but they're worth checking out.

I saw them on that Ghost tour. I think it was just a drummer and a bassist?

No Arizona date :bitch: At least I'll see them on Barge
    I should get around to updating my signature
    rootleaf
    Petty Officer

by rootleaf » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:48 am

mooyagi wrote:
    rootleaf wrote:Ancient VVisdom is from Austin, so I know of them. They've been getting some good attention lately (went on tour with Ghost last year) and I have common friends with some of their members and see them at the bars/shows here regularly too. They lean more towards the lighter side of doom/stoner metal I guess (think The Devils Blood/Ghost/etc), so don't expect anything super heavy, but they're worth checking out.

They have guitar too. Not sure if they did something different on that tour since I didn't see it.
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:52 am

The show closest to me is the day I'm planning on getting back from 70k. Fortunately I haven't booked flights yet since it now looks like I'll need to find an earlier return than what I was planning.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:22 am

rootleaf wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

They have guitar too. Not sure if they did something different on that tour since I didn't see it.

Possibly. I remember only two people with the drummer singing but I could be mistaken.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:00 am

Feanorgandalf wrote:My first time seeing Enslaved live was when they opened for Dimmu Borgir. Fucking amazing show unfortunately they weren't headlining. Can't wait for this one.

They headlined a show at Dickens about a year ago with Alcest and someone else. That was an awesome show!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:36 am

Thanks for the info about Ancient Wisdom - cool they're from Austin. I missed that Ghost gig because it was the same night as Opeth here. :evil: if I had not recently seen Ghost before that, it would have been a tough call on which to attend. If they're at all like TDB & Ghost, sounds like something I'd like - will listen to some later today.

Oh - and here are the tour dates:
    Wed/Jan-30 Philadelphia, PA Underground Arts
    Thu/Jan-31 Baltimore, MD Ottobar
    Fri/Feb-01 Pittsburgh, PA Mr. Smalls Theatre
    Sat/Feb-02 Detroit, MI The Magic Stick
    Sun/Feb-03 Chicago, IL Reggie's Rock Club
    Mon/Feb-04 Minneapolis, MN Mill City Nights
    Wed/Feb-06 Denver, CO Marquis Theatre
    Fri/Feb-08 Los Angeles, CA Troubadour
    Sat/Feb-09 San Francisco, CA Slims
    Sun/Feb-10 Portland, OR Branx
    Mon/Feb-11 Seattle, WA Highline Bar
    Tue/Feb-12 Vancouver, BC Biltmore Cabaret
    Thu/Feb-14 Edmonton, AB Pawn Shop
    Fri/Feb-15 Calgary, AB Dickens Pub
    Sat/Feb-16 Regina, SK The Exchange
    Sun/Feb-17 Winnipeg, MB The Osborne Village Inn
    Tue/Feb-19 Toronto, ON Opera House
    Wed/Feb-20 Montreal, QC Les Foufounes Électriques
    Thu/Feb-21 Boston, MA The Sinclair
    Fri/Feb-22 New York, NY Bowery Ballroom

I'm surprised they're playing Reggie's this time and not Bottom Lounge which holds twice the people. No doubt this Enslaved gig will sell out at such a small venue (400) like Reggie's. I've seen Enslaved now in such a variety of settings in a relatively short period of time (August 1, 2009 WOA, Germany, November 14, 2010 House of Blues, Chicago, August 27, 2011 HITS, Norway, & October 2, 2011 Bottom Lounge, Chicago) - each show was outstanding in its own way.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:58 am

Stained Class wrote:
    Feanorgandalf wrote:My first time seeing Enslaved live was when they opened for Dimmu Borgir. Fucking amazing show unfortunately they weren't headlining. Can't wait for this one.

They headlined a show at Dickens about a year ago with Alcest and someone else. That was an awesome show!

How is Dickens? Never been there
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:05 am

Feanorgandalf wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:

How is Dickens? Never been there

Best venue in the city IMO. The bar is half the length of the...bar. You know what I mean lol. Sound is always good, Nate runs the sound there (same guy as the D on most nights). They get a lot of good shows too. The reason I think it's the best is because all that plus it's actually a nice bar, not a total dive like the distillery.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:46 pm

[quote="Laura"]
    Thu/Feb-14 Edmonton, AB Pawn Shop

Awwwwwww.... Valentine's Day. Maybe I'll go and meet my future ex-wife.

:boobs: :boobs:
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin
    rootleaf
    Petty Officer

by rootleaf » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:06 pm

Laura wrote:

Thanks for the info about Ancient Wisdom - cool they're from Austin. I missed that Ghost gig because it was the same night as Opeth here. :evil: if I had not recently seen Ghost before that, it would have been a tough call on which to attend. If they're at all like TDB & Ghost, sounds like something I'd like - will listen to some later today.

I've seen Ghost enough for this album. When they come out with a new album and tour for it I'll check them out again. I like their material, but they definitely need more material for their live shows. If you've seen them once you aren't going to get many surprises seeing them again and again.

Austin has a lot of musicians, so it is not uncommon to see some of the bands get big. The Sword is from Austin too, but I've never seen them show their face at local metal shows, but someone from Ancient Wisdom is almost always at the local shows here. Definitely happy to see them get some exposure.
    Pinkyvincy
    Crewman

by Pinkyvincy » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:17 pm

Enslaved is so awesome live!
    Haven't heard much of their latest album, but with so competentet musicans it can't be other then brilliant :viking:
    ompa te' du dør!
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:55 am

Wow. Just wow. The venue they are playing in Seattle is like one of my favorite venues in this town. It's small but the sound is amazing. Really looking forward to this show. It's two days before the Graveyard show at Neumo's which "The Devils Blood" are playing a one off at . Yep, flying all the way over here from Holland to play one show in Seattle. So stoked for February !
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:35 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:Wow. Just wow. The venue they are playing in Seattle is like one of my favorite venues in this town. It's small but the sound is amazing. Really looking forward to this show. It's two days before the Graveyard show at Neumo's which "The Devils Blood" are playing a one off at . Yep, flying all the way over here from Holland to play one show in Seattle. So stoked for February !

I think The Devil's Blood & Royal Thunder are doing a NA tour. They are also scheduled as part of the Graveyard tour on February 23. I've heard there might be a local date for me.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:58 am

Just bought my ticket for the Feb 3rd leg at Reggie's and....
    Holy Cow!!
    They added Royal Thunder to the bill since the last time I looked at the Reggie's site about this gig! http://www.reggieslive.com/show/enslaved/ Funny, that I was just thinking of RT & Enslaved last night when I wrote a post on the 2012 Best Albums thread when I listed both Cvi & RITTIR. Don't know if RT will be on all legs of this tour - I know that on the recent Goatwhore/HoF tour, they were not on the Chicago leg, but appeared in at least a few cities. Anyway, very glad to get to see them - and thanks again to EvilDan for bringing them (via this forum) to my attention in the first place. :D Very cool band.

Also - this quadruple bill cost me $16 bucks - yep, a mere sixteen bucks! :shock: Such a great deal! Are the prices this low at most other smallish venues in the US and elsewhere? I don't know how these bands make any money at all on these things.
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:46 am

I think advance tickets for the Detroit show are $15 (about $21 after Ticketweb fees).
    Luckily the dates for this tour were announced before I booked flights for 70k. The Detroit show is the same day that we are planning on coming home from Miami. I was able to schedule flights to arrive home with plenty of time to make it to the show.
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:53 am

Sgt. B wrote:
    TOM CRUISE wrote:Wow. Just wow. The venue they are playing in Seattle is like one of my favorite venues in this town. It's small but the sound is amazing. Really looking forward to this show. It's two days before the Graveyard show at Neumo's which "The Devils Blood" are playing a one off at . Yep, flying all the way over here from Holland to play one show in Seattle. So stoked for February !

I think The Devil's Blood & Royal Thunder are doing a NA tour. They are also scheduled as part of the Graveyard tour on February 23. I've heard there might be a local date for me.

I heard The Devil's Blood canceled the Graveyard dates they were on. :(
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:32 pm

Glad I got to see Enslaved on Barge (they were fantastic) since this isn't hitting Arizona.
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:08 am

mooyagi wrote:Glad I got to see Enslaved on Barge (they were fantastic) since this isn't hitting Arizona.

:viking: The sets they played on Barge were amazing (and from my recollection, no song was played twice onbroad). Lots of old tunes that they had not played on their last few tours of NA.

I wish Enslaved would do one of those "An Evening With...." tours so they can play more songs.
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:23 am

Bentz! wrote:I think advance tickets for the Detroit show are $15 (about $21 after Ticketweb fees).
    Luckily the dates for this tour were announced before I booked flights for 70k. The Detroit show is the same day that we are planning on coming home from Miami. I was able to schedule flights to arrive home with plenty of time to make it to the show.

Haha - goin to the show the night you debroad 70K - you & Mere are so hardcore!! :headbanger: :bangers: When I got home from both 70Ks, I just wanted to find a cave, curl up in a ball, and hibernate like a bear for at least a week! :lol:
    Bentz! wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Glad I got to see Enslaved on Barge (they were fantastic) since this isn't hitting Arizona.

:viking: The sets they played on Barge were amazing (and from my recollection, no song was played twice onbroad). Lots of old tunes that they had not played on their last few tours of NA.

I wish Enslaved would do one of those "An Evening With...." tours so they can play more songs.

Agree on the desire for "An Evening With Enslaved" kinda like that amazing Amon Amarth NA Tour in Spring, 2011. They certainly have enough material to fill several of those!!! How long were the Enslaved sets on Barge btw?? I'm curious how long the Reggie's set will be with 3 openers and all. Since it's a Sunday night, I'm really hoping Grutle returns to Exit for Metal Sunday and guest djs again - that was awesome! And the bonus was getting my friend Tom to take a pic of me, nekrobarr Matt, & Grutle with DB's Galder's head in the background. :beerhorns: Regardless of whether or not Grutle is there, I plan to go to Exit - that will be a late night no doubt, so I've already scheduled the following Monday off of work. :beerwink:
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:32 am

Laura wrote:Haha - goin to the show the night you debroad 70K - you & Mere are so hardcore!! :headbanger: :bangers:

Well, it's the Saturday, so we have all of Friday to recover in Miami before flying home Saturday morning. Mere is not a definite for the show, but I'm going no matter what. The venue that they are playing at has a bowling alley downstairs, so maybe I'll get a game or two in before the show. :lol:

Laura wrote:How long were the Enslaved sets on Barge btw??

Their sets were one hour apiece.
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:38 am

Oh, my bad - I was thinking your gig was Friday night, but now I see it's Saturday. But, you're still a hard-core gig whore Bentz! and you know it! :P :beerwink:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:10 pm

Bentz! wrote:

Watched the pool deck set from a lounge chair. It was great to just sit back and enjoy the band with the lightning going off in the background. The Chorus Line set was one of my favorite performances on the cruise.
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:27 pm

^^^ not surprised they were killer on Barge - great, great band. :D
    rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

by rwalters » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:02 pm

I think Royal Thunder got added to this. I'm more interested in Pallbearer and Royal Thunder than Enslaved :lol: Not that I dislike Enslaved or anything. May see if I can talk a friend into going.
Post Reply 28 posts Page 1 of 1