Post Reply 390 posts
2013 Tours & Festivals
    onenight
    Midshipman

Re: 2013 Tours & Festivals

by onenight » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:32 am

Don't know if its been posted already and I'm too lazy to look but ANATHEMA and ALCEST are touring the U.S. in Sept.
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:49 pm

onenight wrote:Don't know if its been posted already and I'm too lazy to look but ANATHEMA and ALCEST are touring the U.S. in Sept.

Yes! Can't wait to see that show in Denver! Love both bands. :bangers:
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:52 am

onenight wrote:Don't know if its been posted already and I'm too lazy to look but ANATHEMA and ALCEST are touring the U.S. in Sept.

Wife & I will be going to 9/14 show

ALCEST, ANATHEMA, MAMMIFER - 2013 TOUR DATES
    9/12 - Philadelphia, PA @ Underground Arts
    9/13 - West Springfield, VA @ Empire
    9/14 - New York, NY @ Gramercy Theatre
    9/15 - Cambridge, MA @ The Middle East Downstairs
    9/16 - Montreal, QC @ Foufounes Electriques
    9/18 - Toronto, ON @ The Opera House
    9/19 - Flint, MI @ The Machine Shop
    9/20 - Cleveland, OH @ Peabody's DownUnder
    9/21 - Chicago, IL @ Reggie's Rock Club
    9/22 - Minneapolis, MN @ Mill City Nights
    9/24 - Denver, CO @ The Summit Music Hall
    9/25 - Salt Lake City, UT @ In The Venue
    9/26 - Boise, ID @ Knitting Factory
    9/27 - Seattle, WA @ Studio Seven
    9/28 - Vancouver, BC @ Richshaw Theater
    9/29 - Portland, OR @ Hawthorne Theater
    10/01 - Oakland, CA @ Oakland Metro Operahouse
    10/03 - Los Angeles, CA @ El Rey Theatre
    10/04 - San Diego, CA @ The Casbah
    10/05 - Tempe, AZ @ The Marquee
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:09 am

meshuggah wrote:

Wife & I will be going to 9/14 show

ALCEST, ANATHEMA, MAMMIFER - 2013 TOUR DATES
    9/12 - Philadelphia, PA @ Underground Arts
    9/13 - West Springfield, VA @ Empire
    9/14 - New York, NY @ Gramercy Theatre
    9/15 - Cambridge, MA @ The Middle East Downstairs
    9/16 - Montreal, QC @ Foufounes Electriques
    9/18 - Toronto, ON @ The Opera House
    9/19 - Flint, MI @ The Machine Shop
    9/20 - Cleveland, OH @ Peabody's DownUnder
    9/21 - Chicago, IL @ Reggie's Rock Club
    9/22 - Minneapolis, MN @ Mill City Nights
    9/24 - Denver, CO @ The Summit Music Hall
    9/25 - Salt Lake City, UT @ In The Venue
    9/26 - Boise, ID @ Knitting Factory
    9/27 - Seattle, WA @ Studio Seven
    9/28 - Vancouver, BC @ Richshaw Theater
    9/29 - Portland, OR @ Hawthorne Theater
    10/01 - Oakland, CA @ Oakland Metro Operahouse
    10/03 - Los Angeles, CA @ El Rey Theatre
    10/04 - San Diego, CA @ The Casbah
    10/05 - Tempe, AZ @ The Marquee

I'll be going to the one in Cleveland, and maybe the one in Chicago also but Indianapolis Metalfest is on that same day so not sure if I'm going to that or not.
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:40 pm

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:
    Laura wrote:So....today, Chad L informed me (love it when out of towner 70K friends give me a heads up about shows in my town that I didn't know about! :lol: ) about the tour below which will hit Reggie's on Sunday, September 15th. I am not familiar with the music of Vader :oops: :P , but the way so many of you carry on about them, think I should try to make it. This was a similar situation with Bolt Thrower's recent Reggie's gig & and I was totally SOLD!!!

If you're new to Vader and are looking for recommendations I can tell you that my favorite three happen to be:

De Profundis
    Litany
    Revelations

Great band with a powerful sound, I just fucking love Vader. Seen them plenty of times and they were awesome every time.

Thanks for the recommendations & comments :cheers: - will start listening to Vader soooon. I bought my ticket for the gig - will be nice to see Chad & his wife who will be in town for the show, as well as (no doubt) many of the usual (local) suspects. :P Also, just bought my ticket for the Anathema gig the next weekend. Then there is the Coldwaves fest http://coldwaves.net/ the following weekend - I seriously hope nothing else comes my way in September that is a don't miss - cuz those 3 will be plenty enough awesome for one month.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:13 am

Fuuuuuuck yeaaaaah. :deathhorns:

Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:16 am

Malaka wrote:Fuuuuuuck yeaaaaah. :deathhorns:

^^^ this is way cool and I definitely plan to go...Morbid Angel is one of those metal bands (similar to Vader & Bolt Thrower) that I've heard so much about (from some of you forumites and others) in recent years but have never taken the time to listen to in a concentrated/dedicated way. I have done some youtubing of them live and that's about it. Bolt Thrower was amazing live last month, and I suspect Vader in September and this MA gig in November will be great as well. :deathmetal:

Will listen to this Covenant album on Spotify next (after Heart's Little Queen).
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:50 am

Malaka wrote:Fuuuuuuck yeaaaaah. :deathhorns:

Heard about this last week. Was told it is the same night as another show I want to see in town. Will have to figure out which I want to do. A lot might depend on Morbid's tour support.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vektor-Vemod-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:01 am

Damn, the Cleveland show (closest one to me) is the same night as Fates Warning.
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:24 am

Not sure if what I read was a joke that I didn't get or a juicy rumor, but I saw a FB post on a local show promoter's page that mentioned Carcass & Satyricon would be playing a show in my local market. No date or anything.
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:27 pm

Bentz! wrote:Not sure if what I read was a joke that I didn't get or a juicy rumor, but I saw a FB post on a local show promoter's page that mentioned Carcass & Satyricon would be playing a show in my local market. No date or anything.

Carcass is scheduled for Noctis in September and 70K in January. If Satyricon is added to either one of those, a tour could easily be scheduled around either. That is assuming this is not a joke.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vektor-Vemod-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:21 am

Satyricon on 70K would be just okay I guess. ;)
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:44 am

Another tour skipping my market. Looks like a quick shot across North America. Mainly interested in seeing Cult of Luna.

Dates have been announced for the coming ‘Uncrowned & Vertikal Tour‘ which features Katatonia, Cult Of Luna, Intronaut and TesseracT. Here’s where the trek will hit:

09/23 Boston, MA – Paradise Rock Club
    09/24 New York, NY – Irving Plaza
    09/25 Philadelphia, PA – Theatre of Living Arts
    09/26 Pittsburgh, PA – Mr. Small’s
    09/27 Toronto, ON – The Opera House
    09/28 Detroit, MI – Harpo’s
    09/30 West Springfield, VA – Empire
    10/01 Cleveland, OH – Peabody’s
    10/02 Chicago, IL – The Bottom Lounge
    10/04 Denver, CO – The Summit Music Hall
    10/06 Los Angeles, CA – The El Rey
    10/07 San Francisco, CA – Slim’s

Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:45 pm

^^^ thanks for the heads up on this tour - I put it in my calendar and will try to make it for sure - mainly for TesseracT. Have REALLY been getting into them lately, so awesome they're on the bill (although likely a short-ish set with 4 bands). Have seen Katatonia & Intronaut; don't know of Cult of Luna - album recommends?

Btw, do you have any (inside) info about Satyricon touring the US anytime soon? That would be rad - it has been 2 years now that I saw them last....and would love to see them again.
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:40 am

Whoo! A Detroit date! Hopefully that show will get moved to the I-Rock.
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    APaleHorseNamedDeath-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Ataraxie-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-DoomVS-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-Emperor-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Hypocrisy-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-Loss-/-Luna-/-TheManEatingTree-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Profetus-/-Prong-/-Remembrance-/-RevelationsOfRain-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-SolitudeAeturnus-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-WhoDiesInSiberianSlush-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Candlemass-/-DarkTranquillity-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-Kataklysm-/-Kreator-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-MyDyingBride-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-RottingChrist-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:37 am

Laura wrote:^^^ thanks for the heads up on this tour - I put it in my calendar and will try to make it for sure - mainly for TesseracT. Have REALLY been getting into them lately, so awesome they're on the bill (although likely a short-ish set with 4 bands). Have seen Katatonia & Intronaut; don't know of Cult of Luna - album recommends?

Btw, do you have any (inside) info about Satyricon touring the US anytime soon? That would be rad - it has been 2 years now that I saw them last....and would love to see them again.

For Cult of Luna, I would say try "Salvation," "Somewhere Along the Highway" or "Vertikal." I think all 6 of their albums are on Spotify.

I have no info on a Satyricon tour. I can check with one of my sources.

Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:41 pm

^^^ oh man - I listened to Cult of Luna's Vertikal today a few times - really liked it a lot - especially the track Mute Departure. Thanks for putting them on my music radar....cool, cerebral, moody stuff. (god I suck at describing music :lol: ...although I did read they are in part considered "post-metal"- whatever that is ;) )

I wonder if this is their first time to the US?
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:43 pm

Ok guesses on Wintersun's setlist for the upcoming tour. They've said it will be all of Time I, one song from Time II (Way Of The Fire) and the "best" from the S/T debut. So basically what songs do you think will be left out from the first one? I'm guessing

Sleeping Stars
    Battle Against Time
    Sadness And Hate

But it's really impossible to guess cus they're all really good.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Jebus_Cripes
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jebus_Cripes » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:19 pm

Stained Class wrote:Ok guesses on Wintersun's setlist for the upcoming tour. They've said it will be all of Time I, one song from Time II (Way Of The Fire) and the "best" from the S/T debut. So basically what songs do you think will be left out from the first one? I'm guessing

Sleeping Stars
    Battle Against Time
    Sadness And Hate

Beyond the dark sun (since its so short its easy to fit in)
    Death and Healing
    Battle against time
    Starchild

I'm presuming cause they are the headliner their set will be a bit longer than the last time I saw them with Eluveitie.
    2014 WL: Kalmah\Dark Tranquillity\Amon Amarth\Blind Guardian\Insomnium\At the Gates\Before the Dawn\Be'Lakor\Dark Age\Omnium Gatherum\Hypocrisy\Suidakra\Scar Symmetry\Skyfire\Gojira\Ghost\Swallow the Sun\Wintersun\Gardenian\Immortal\Rotting Christ
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:41 pm

Jebus_Cripes wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:Ok guesses on Wintersun's setlist for the upcoming tour. They've said it will be all of Time I, one song from Time II (Way Of The Fire) and the "best" from the S/T debut. So basically what songs do you think will be left out from the first one? I'm guessing

Sleeping Stars
    Battle Against Time
    Sadness And Hate

Beyond the dark sun (since its so short its easy to fit in)
    Death and Healing
    Battle against time
    Starchild

I'm presuming cause they are the headliner their set will be a bit longer than the last time I saw them with Eluveitie.

I was guessing which ones they wouldn't play. They're gonna get a pretty long set. There would be a riot if they didn't play Beyond The Dark Sun and Winter Madness :lol:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:38 pm

^^^ Kinda sorry I'll be missing Wintersun this month - but opted out because of too much else going on already - don't feel too bad though since I just saw them last December. Had that not been the case, I'm sure I would have gotten a ticket for the HoB gig. Looking forward to hearing all of your reviews of this tour. Still continuing with my 2013 (and beyond) goal to prioritize seeing bands I've never seen before. The next 3-4 months will be great for me along those lines with The Allman Brothers, Depeche Mode, Anathema, Vader, TesseracT/Cult of Luna, Hawkwind, & Morbid Angel gigs. 2013 has proven to be yet another great gig year!
    :shred: :trashdrink:

Edit: but, wait! Ha - my bad, I have seen Depeche Mode before - but 20 years ago - so it will be great to see them again. Can't wait to hear the new song Heaven :D
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:11 am

The short Carcass run after Noctis. I heard the Brooklyn show sold out in 5 minutes this morning.

9/23 Chicago - Reggies w/ Macabre
    9/25 Brooklyn - St Vitus w/ Immolation
    9/26 New York - Gramercy w /Immolation
    9/28 Los Angeles - The Troubadour w/ Exhumed

Note the great support bands for New York & LA shows. The same can not be said for the Chicago show.

Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:18 am

Another North American tour for this fall. More black metal for Laura! :bmhorns: :lol:

WATAIN, IN SOLITUDE, TRIBULATION – 2013 TOUR DATES
    Oct. 8–New York, NY–Irving Plaza
    Oct. 9–Philadelphia, PA–Underground Arts
    Oct. 10–Worcester, MA–Palladium Upstairs
    Oct. 11–Montreal, QC-Foufounes Electriques
    Oct. 12–Toronto, ON–Opera House
    Oct. 14–Detroit, MI–The Magic Stick
    Oct. 15–Chicago, IL–Bottom Lounge
    Oct. 16–Minneapolis, MN–Triple Rock Social Club
    Oct. 18–Denver, CO–Marquis Theatre
    Oct. 19–Salt Lake City, UT–In The Venue
    Oct. 21–Seattle, WA–Studio Seven
    Oct. 22–Vancouver, BC–Rickshaw
    Oct. 23–Portland, OR–Hawthorne Theater
    Oct. 25–Oakland, CA–Oakland Metro
    Oct. 26–Los Angeles, CA–VEX
    Oct. 27–Phoenix, AZ–Rocky Point Cantina
    Oct. 28–Albuquerque, NM–Launch Pad
    Oct. 30–Austin, TX–Red 7
    Nov. 1–Atlanta, GA–Masquerade Hell
    Nov. 2–Charlotte, NC–The Casbah
    Nov. 3–Baltimore, MD–Baltimore Sound Stage

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:53 am

Oh good. The show in the Phoenix area is at a venue with an open patio area. That should help with the smell.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:08 pm

mooyagi wrote:Oh good. The show in the Phoenix area is at a venue with an open patio area. That should help with the smell.

Your stop for Watain is near the end of the tour. The smell should be pretty foul by then.

rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

by rwalters » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:48 pm

That Wintersun Tour is getting cancelled and venue downgraded everywhere. Kind of feel bad for them.

Also, Tesseract is doing a headlining run immediately after the Katatonia dates with Scale the Summit and Anciients.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:12 am

rwalters wrote:That Wintersun Tour is getting cancelled and venue downgraded everywhere. Kind of feel bad for them.

Shows cancelled or moved due to ticket sales I presume? That would be odd since their last tour with Eluveitie seemed like it did really well. Maybe promotion just wasn't as good this time around. We actually are going to miss the AZ date anyways since we'll be out of town at the time.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:07 am

Looks like Vomitory's US tour is cancelled.

From the band's FB page:
    "We are as sorry as you are, believe me! We have wanted to tour the US for YEARS and now it finally seemed it was going to happen. But unforseen circumstances forced the booking agency to cancel the tour, in collusion with us. I am sorry for any local promoter who read the news about it here, rather than getting the news directly from the booking agency.

There is a small chance that we are able to re-schedule though, but we can't make any promises.

/Tobias"
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:28 am

Re: Wintersun, from the start they were booked in the smallest venue I can think of in Winnipeg. I was surprised to see such a small venue, but if ticket sales are bad elsewhere I guess it was smart. I would have thought that with a packed venue for Eluveitie/Wintersun, they could do better. I'm not sure whether the lack of success is due to an overestimation of their popularity, or whether 8 months is too short a time to come through twice.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    Ingrid
    Petty Officer

by Ingrid » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:46 pm

Anyone else going to Party San this weekend?

www.metal-exposure.com
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:43 pm

Sgt. B wrote:Another North American tour for this fall. More black metal for Laura! :bmhorns: :lol:

WATAIN, IN SOLITUDE, TRIBULATION – 2013 TOUR DATES
    Oct. 8–New York, NY–Irving Plaza
    Oct. 9–Philadelphia, PA–Underground Arts
    Oct. 10–Worcester, MA–Palladium Upstairs
    Oct. 11–Montreal, QC-Foufounes Electriques
    Oct. 12–Toronto, ON–Opera House
    Oct. 14–Detroit, MI–The Magic Stick
    Oct. 15–Chicago, IL–Bottom Lounge
    Oct. 16–Minneapolis, MN–Triple Rock Social Club
    Oct. 18–Denver, CO–Marquis Theatre
    Oct. 19–Salt Lake City, UT–In The Venue
    Oct. 21–Seattle, WA–Studio Seven
    Oct. 22–Vancouver, BC–Rickshaw
    Oct. 23–Portland, OR–Hawthorne Theater
    Oct. 25–Oakland, CA–Oakland Metro
    Oct. 26–Los Angeles, CA–VEX
    Oct. 27–Phoenix, AZ–Rocky Point Cantina
    Oct. 28–Albuquerque, NM–Launch Pad
    Oct. 30–Austin, TX–Red 7
    Nov. 1–Atlanta, GA–Masquerade Hell
    Nov. 2–Charlotte, NC–The Casbah
    Nov. 3–Baltimore, MD–Baltimore Sound Stage

YAY re the "more black metal for Laura" comment. :beerhorns: :P :cheers: Hmmm.....didn't respond to this right away cuz I was looking at my schedule & such and I'm somewhat on the fence about this gig - it's the night before Hawkwind (which I have tix for & am super stoked for) and generally it is not ideal for me to do two in-town gigs back to back (although I've done it, but is tiring with work & family & all). Regardless - I've been wanting to see Watain for awhile now - missed them the last few chances I had to see them - when they didn't make the Chi leg of the Behemoth gig and another time they were booked far outside the city in loathesome Joliet, Illinois (which according to my friend Tom about 50 people showed up for :roll: ). I suspect I'll end up going to the October Bottom Lounge gig (partly cuz it's my fave small-ish venue in the city) - I just won't but my ticket asap like I normally do for shows I'm keenly interested in.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:15 am

As if I didn't have enough trips this year already, it seems I will have to go to Stockholm only a week after Copenhagen's Kill Town Deathfest. Vomitory announced their last Stockholm gig ever for September 6th, and they are playing with Grave and Stench. I guess I need to go.

:deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:04 am

Memnoch wrote:As if I didn't have enough trips this year already, it seems I will have to go to Stockholm only a week after Copenhagen's Kill Town Deathfest. Vomitory announced their last Stockholm gig ever for September 6th, and they are playing with Grave and Stench. I guess I need to go.

:deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal:

*sigh* I saw Grave post a tour poster of that yesterday. So very, very jealous :cry:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:11 am

Thanks, Marlo, for showing me the Death to All Euro Tour. Me and Markku are heading to Essen, Germany to catch them. :beerwink:

Wishlist:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:18 am

Who's playing on this round?
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:09 am

Seems it's the same lineup as on the North American tour:
    http://www.theprp.com/2013/08/22/news/d ... -november/
    Wishlist:
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:32 am

Flights, hotel and tickets to Essen booked. :D
    Wishlist:
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:22 am

Memnoch wrote:Thanks, Marlo, for showing me the Death to All Euro Tour. Me and Markku are heading to Essen, Germany to catch them. :beerwink:

Honey, it still stings that you saw Vomitory this summer... :cry: :cry: :cry:

I wannnnaaa goooo toooooooooo
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:57 am

Thanks for reminding me that I'll see Grave and Vomitory in two weeks! :mrgreen:
    And now that they added Grave to the Hell Inside (Oct 4th&5th in Würzburg, Germany), the lineup seems pretty damned good. :beerwink:

Next week: Kill Town Deathfest in Copenhagen. :deathmetal:
    Wishlist:
    markku1
    Chief Petty Officer

by markku1 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:33 pm

You forget vomitory farewell gig in Karlstad end of december :heavydrink:
Post Reply 390 posts