Post Reply 382 posts
2014 Tours & Festivals
  • Laura
    Commander

Re: 2014 Tours & Festivals

by Laura » Thu May 15, 2014 7:33 pm

^^^ yep, very excited for this fest! A recent development is that since it's the 10th anniversary of this fest, they're having 10 of the bands do albums in their entirely, they are:
    Riot Fest - "10 Years. 10 Essential Albums."
    Jane's Addiction: Nothing's Shocking (Chicago)
    The Offspring: Smash (Chicago)
    Weezer: "The Blue Album" (Chicago & Denver)
    Slayer: Reign in Blood (Chicago & Denver)
    Samhain: Initium (Chicago)
    NOFX: Punk In Drublic (Chicago & Denver)
    Descendents: Milo Goes To College (Chicago)
    Naked Raygun: Throb Throb (Chicago)
    The Get Up Kids: Something To Write Home About (Chicago)

Now, some of these bands/albums I'm not familiar with, but of those that I am, the ones I'm most excited about are those by Jane's Addiction & The Offspring (those albums are big "retro" faves of mine, especially Smash!), and those by Samhain & Slayer. I'm not a huge fan of Slayer by any means, but I do like Reign in Blood the most by far...plus, I've seen Slayer a few times and enjoyed both gigs. I've seen Danzig a few times in recent years for those "Blackest of the Black" tours...the second time I saw him he did a bunch of Samhain songs which were cool - was not really familiar with Samhain until that gig, even though I'm old enough to have been around when that first album came out 30 or so years ago (for whatever reason, Danzig was never really on my music "radar" back them in the 80s).
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Fri May 16, 2014 9:22 am

Eluveitie Tyr and Metsatoll just announced a North America tour!
    Last edited by Feanorgandalf on Fri May 16, 2014 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri May 16, 2014 3:15 pm

LOUD PARK (Japan) 2014

http://www.loudpark.com/14/

Two 'bucket list' bands (Within Temptation and Amaranthe), several never-seen-before-and-would-be-good-to-see bands (Dream Theater, Manowar, Battle Beast) plus a couple of old favourites (Arch Enemy, Dragonforce, Rage).

Add that to the fact that usually can get return flights to Japan for <$500 from here makes this VERY VERY tempting.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Fri May 16, 2014 3:24 pm

So I couldn't get time off for Resurrection Fest due to conflicts with other people requesting the same time off, but I managed to get time off for Summer Breeze instead. Very exciting, originally I made a choice between 70k and Summer Breeze, and thought I'd better not do the expensive plane ticket, but being in Europe for work means I can do both now. :D

If anyone is going or has been there, please tell me about it!

Now to figure out how to get from Barcelona to Dinkelsbuhl in the best way...
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Mon May 19, 2014 5:24 am

I think we will be in Gera. :D
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    rootleaf
    Petty Officer

by rootleaf » Tue May 20, 2014 3:48 pm

Hope to see some 70K vets in my hometown for this one!

jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Thu May 22, 2014 1:27 am

Megadeth have canceled some festivals (Rock Hard, Graspop don't know more), cause the brother from David Ellefson has died. Sad news.

Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Thu May 22, 2014 4:02 am

indeed. graspop can't tell if therre will be a replacement yet.
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Thu May 22, 2014 5:33 am

New festival in Norway this year:
    I'm considering going, but need to see how it works out with days off.

The festival is at Fredriksen Fortress in Halden.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fredriksten
    Sabaton stated that they had hoped to play at that fortress since the publication of Carolus Rex, because this is where Karl XII (aka. Carolus Rex) was killed in 1718, but they didn't think it would ever be possible. No need to say that they accepted the offer to play at this festival immediately.
    Sabaton wrote:We are confirmed for a once in a lifetime concert in Norway!

For those who know the story behind our latest album Carolus Rex you know that the Swedish Empire ended with the death of the king Charles XII at this specific fortress.

We will play on the 21st of June on the place where Carolus Rex died and it will truly be a night to be remembered.
    300 years ago the Swedish War Machine besieged this fortress of Fredrikshald, now we are back!
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • Emma
    Petty Officer

by Emma » Fri May 23, 2014 2:24 am

This evening the festival "Metallsvenskan" starts in Örebro (Sweden)
    It's a mix of traditional metal festival combined with football (the teams are made of bandmembers)

The weather is more than nice with sun and probably 25-30 C (for a swedish day in may)

So Metal, Beer and Football how could anyone resist!? :)
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Fri May 23, 2014 8:29 am

Emma wrote:This evening the festival "Metallsvenskan" starts in Örebro (Sweden)
    It's a mix of traditional metal festival combined with football (the teams are made of bandmembers)

The weather is more than nice with sun and probably 25-30 C (for a swedish day in may)

So Metal, Beer and Football how could anyone resist!? :)

This. How have I never heard of this before!?!
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Wed May 28, 2014 5:19 pm

Amon Amarth & Sabaton have been confirmed for Montreal on october 11 and Quebec on october 12. I'm so going on both date :viking: :shred:

http://www.musikuniverse.net/nouvelles. ... elle=21686
    2015: Cabin 9527
    2016: Cabin 9219
    2017: Cabin 9675
    2018: Cabin 8215
    2019: Cabin 7449
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Thu May 29, 2014 4:12 pm

MikeB wrote:Amon Amarth & Sabaton have been confirmed for Montreal on october 11 and Quebec on october 12. I'm so going on both date :viking: :shred:

http://www.musikuniverse.net/nouvelles. ... elle=21686

Son of a bitch! As usual, Western NY gets no love. Would be nice if they came to at least Buffalo, but I'd be tempted to make a weekend bus trip to Toronto.

Sabaton is playing Barcelona Rock Fest while I'll be there this summer, but I'm still debating on whether to purchase the ticket. I'd probably have to miss most of the Friday line-up. Sabaton and Kreator, though...
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Fri May 30, 2014 3:50 pm

Feanorgandalf wrote:Eluveitie Tyr and Metsatoll just announced a North America tour!

I will be at the last date in NYC, Can't wait!

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
    markku1
    Chief Petty Officer

by markku1 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:43 am

[quote="markku1"]Festival and gigs
    -Stockholm deathfest Stockholm Sweden May 17th
    -stonehenge festival Steenwijk Nethrland July 26th
    -Hail Of Bullets Eindhoven Netherland Sebtember 12th
    -Grand Supreme Blood Court Hoorn Netherland Sebtember 13th
    -Bolt Thrower Bremen Germany September 21th
    -Bolt Thrower Essen Germany September 22th
    -Berlin Deathfest Berlin Germany October 3th-4th
    -Essen Death Feast Essen Germany October 11th
    -Eindhoven Metal Meeting Eindhoven Netherland 12th-13th okey ASPHYX is Inn so jep I'am ready for Eindhoven once again
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:50 pm

Next up is Kivenlahti Rock this week. Then it seems I might have to go to Tuska after all since a good friend of mine is coming to town. Then Metaldays (and the Hungarian F1 GP), Summer Breeze, Kill Town Deathfest, Close-Up Båten and Eindhoven Metal Meeting. Thinking of going to Metal Female Voices Fest and Mass Deathtruction Festival (would finally get to see Ade) in Belgium.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:20 am

I finally caved for RockHarz a while ago.
    Heidevolk, Korpiklaani, In Extremo, Saltatio Mortis, Vogelfrey, Equilibrium, Einherjer and Fjoergyn are going to make me a happy little folkmetaller :bangers: :wank: Image
    Add Sabaton, Powerwolf, Xandria, Arch Enemy, Gloryhammer, Helloween, Rhapsody of Fire, Battle Beast and Brainstorm+++, and it's a near perfect lineup for me :wank:
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:14 am

Iced Earth have canceled their summer shows and Festivals. :cry:

• SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:17 am

Memnoch wrote:Next up is Kivenlahti Rock this week. Then it seems I might have to go to Tuska after all since a good friend of mine is coming to town. Then Metaldays (and the Hungarian F1 GP), Summer Breeze, Kill Town Deathfest, Close-Up Båten and Eindhoven Metal Meeting. Thinking of going to Metal Female Voices Fest and Mass Deathtruction Festival (would finally get to see Ade) in Belgium.

Hey, you're doing Summer Breeze this summer? Cool! I'll be there! Have you any experience with that festival?

I'm still debating buying Rockfest Barcelona tickets. Oh, I know that I will, but I really want them to put out some kind of schedule or at least the running order.

• Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:17 pm

This made my day (especially since I just saw Matt Pike's other band High on Fire for the 4th time last Friday :cool: :smoking: :beerbang: ....Sleep tour and a Chicago date in late August. Never saw Sleep before - should be a trippy experience - ha.
    http://thaliahallchicago.com/sleep-corrections-house/
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:42 pm

SaraMarie wrote:Hey, you're doing Summer Breeze this summer? Cool! I'll be there! Have you any experience with that festival?

Nope, will be my first time. The lineup is killer, and we managed to get a hotel room in Dinkelsbühl, so it should be an awesome festival trip. Not to mention there'll be quite a few forumites/cruisers to party with.
    Wishlist:
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:05 pm

This has me TOTALLY psyched!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

King Crimson -- 2014 Tour Dates

Tue 9 Sep Albany, NY The Egg
    Wed 10 Sep Albany, NY The Egg
    Fri 12 Sep Philadelphia, PA Verizon Hall
    Sat 13 Sep Philadelphia, PA Verizon Hall
    Mon 15 Sep Boston, MA Colonial Theatre
    Tue 16 Sep Boston, MA Colonial Theatre
    Thu 18 Sep New York, NY Best Buy
    Fri 19 Sep New York, NY Best Buy
    Sat 20 Sep New York, NY Best Buy
    Tue 23 Sep Madison, WI Barrymore Theatre
    Thu 25 Sep Chicago, IL The Vic Theatre
    Fri 26 Sep Chicago, IL The Vic Theatre
    Tue 30 Sep Los Angeles, CA Orpheum Theatre
    Wed 01 Oct Los Angeles, CA Orpheum Theatre
    Fri 03 Oct San Francisco, CA The Warfield
    Sat 04 Oct San Francisco, CA The Warfield
    Mon 06 Oct Seattle, WA Moore Theater
    ---
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:29 am

meshuggah wrote:This has me TOTALLY psyched!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

King Crimson -- 2014 Tour Dates

Tue 9 Sep Albany, NY The Egg
    Wed 10 Sep Albany, NY The Egg
    Fri 12 Sep Philadelphia, PA Verizon Hall
    Sat 13 Sep Philadelphia, PA Verizon Hall
    Mon 15 Sep Boston, MA Colonial Theatre
    Tue 16 Sep Boston, MA Colonial Theatre
    Thu 18 Sep New York, NY Best Buy
    Fri 19 Sep New York, NY Best Buy
    Sat 20 Sep New York, NY Best Buy
    Tue 23 Sep Madison, WI Barrymore Theatre
    Thu 25 Sep Chicago, IL The Vic Theatre
    Fri 26 Sep Chicago, IL The Vic Theatre
    Tue 30 Sep Los Angeles, CA Orpheum Theatre
    Wed 01 Oct Los Angeles, CA Orpheum Theatre
    Fri 03 Oct San Francisco, CA The Warfield
    Sat 04 Oct San Francisco, CA The Warfield
    Mon 06 Oct Seattle, WA Moore Theater
    ---

Oh Fuck. I could actually make that Seattle date!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:21 am

I'm really tempted to go...

Wishlist:
    DarthDavy
    Oiler

by DarthDavy » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:46 am

Memnoch wrote:I'm really tempted to go...

That's a festival me and my misses yearly attend, as we are from Belgium :beerbang:
    70K 2015 - Cabin #8593
    70K 2016 - Cabin #7691
    70K 2017 - Cabin #7691
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:05 am

DarthDavy wrote:That's a festival me and my misses yearly attend, as we are from Belgium :beerbang:

I've attended yearly since 2011. This year I booked blindly in December.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.

DarthDavy
    Oiler

by DarthDavy » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:19 am

Let the Metal summer of 2014 begin!!!

70K 2015 - Cabin #8593
    70K 2016 - Cabin #7691
    70K 2017 - Cabin #7691
  • Emma
    Petty Officer

by Emma » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:41 am

DarthDavy wrote:Let the Metal summer of 2014 begin!!!

I already started my metalsummer 2014 but Hellfest is gonna be epic!!
    See u guys there!
    Thursday, at 13:00 at the Hellfest tree :headbanger:
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:47 pm

Emma wrote:
    DarthDavy wrote:Let the Metal summer of 2014 begin!!!

I already started my metalsummer 2014 but Hellfest is gonna be epic!!
    See u guys there!
    Thursday, at 13:00 at the Hellfest tree :headbanger:

Mine personally starts tonight with Eyehategod, Ringworm and Enabler... then Hank 3 on Weds, so it's kicking off with Friends of Phil Week. Here's to the end of a 1.5 year metal concert drought! :beerbang:
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:23 pm

Scrape Records in Vancouver saying another major announcement tomorrow.

Only thing even remotely on my radar is Nightwish, but I think that was meant for early next year.
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:36 am

klons wrote:Scrape Records in Vancouver saying another major announcement tomorrow.

Only thing even remotely on my radar is Nightwish, but I think that was meant for early next year.

Possibly the Arch Enemy/Kreator/Huntress/Starkill tour.

10/23 Baltimore, MD – Baltimore Soundstage
    10/24 New York, NY – Best Buy Theatre
    10/25 Worcester, MA – The Palladium
    10/26 Clifton Park, NY – Upstate Concert Hall
    10/27 Montreal, QC – Metropolis
    10/28 Quebec City, QC – Imperial Theater
    10/29 Toronto, ON – The Opera House
    11/01 Winnipeg, MB – The Garrick
    11/02 Regina, SK – Riddell Centre
    11/03 Calgary, AB – MacEwan Hall
    11/04 Edmonton, AB – Union Hall
    11/06 Vancouver, BC – Commodore Ballroom
    11/07 Seattle, WA – El Corazon
    11/08 Portland, OR – Hawthorne Theatre
    11/10 San Francisco, CA Regency Ballroom
    11/11 West Hollywood, CA – House of Blues
    11/12 Anaheim, CA – House of Blues
    11/14 Tempe, AZ – The Marquee
    11/15 Albuquerque, NM – Sunshine Theater
    11/16 Denver, CO – Ogden Theatre
    11/18 Minneapolis, MN – Mill City Nights
    11/19 Joliet, IL – Mojoes
    11/20 Grand Rapids, MI
    11/21 Detroit, MI – The Majestic Theatre
    11/22 Cincinnati, OH – Bogart’s
    11/23 Cleveland, OH – House of Blues
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:13 am

Sgt. B wrote:
    klons wrote:Scrape Records in Vancouver saying another major announcement tomorrow.

11/20 Grand Rapids, MI

Damn, that's a good lineup! I think you're right, Starkill posted "big news tomorrow!" as well. That's four concerts in 1.5 months after I move now! Damn!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:15 am

Stained Class wrote:
    Sgt. B wrote:

11/20 Grand Rapids, MI

Damn, that's a good lineup! I think you're right, Starkill posted "big news tomorrow!" as well. That's four concerts in 1.5 months after I move now! Damn!

Well shit, that works!
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:16 am

klons wrote:
    Well shit, that works!

Starting off the next chapter of my life in a big way haha
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:10 am

Stained Class wrote:
    Sgt. B wrote:

11/20 Grand Rapids, MI

I did 4 concerts last week. And I didn't have to move. :P
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:19 am

Sgt. B wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:Damn, that's a good lineup! I think you're right, Starkill posted "big news tomorrow!" as well. That's four concerts in 1.5 months after I move now! Damn!

I did 4 concerts last week. And I didn't have to move. :P

:lol: That's not WHY I'm moving but it doesn't hurt. Calgary always gets shafted on these shows but apparently all these tours are coming here again. Maybe one of the promoters here finally got in bed with Finberg.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:35 pm

The North American AE tour is not a Finberg tour. I think it is The Agency Group.

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:39 pm

Sgt. B wrote:The North American AE tour is not a Finberg tour. I think it is The Agency Group.

/Quick look up... Sonata Arctica and Dark Tranquillity are. I thought most tours were Finberg but I guess that's not the reason more shows are hitting Calgary. Not sure what the reason is but it's good to see, even if I won't be here.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:37 am

I know I've stated elsewhere that I'm not much a fan of King Diamond's music, but I decided I'm going to go to check out his live show, since as far as I know, he rarely comes to the US...plus I love the Vic Theater and the tickets are relatively cheap (under $40). Tickets go on sale this Friday - I'll go online asap since I suspect it will sell-out quickly.
    :headbanger:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:28 pm

A Tucson date! :bmhorns: This is excellent.
    I should get around to updating my signature
Post Reply 382 posts