Post Reply 42 posts
Full Metal Cruise II
    jodionline
    Ensign

Full Metal Cruise 2015

by jodionline » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:00 am

It seems that it could be different with the information policy, as you could see here:

http://www.full-metal-cruise.com/index.php/en/news-en

They have announced a cruise for April 2015 from Palma de Mallorca. Would be interesting. :D
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    markku1
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Full Metal Cruise 2015

by markku1 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:03 am

Best cruise for ever i'am Inn definitely :whisky:
    Chris
    Petty Officer

by Chris » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:24 am

The locations and much else about this cruise are more interesting to me than on 70k. ....but, if history is an indicator of the line up for this cruise there is no way I would be there. It sounds like a good time but doesn't hold a candle to 70k, in my opinion.
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:09 am

Wow - this thread/post made my day. I've made several posts in the past that if there was another Barge to Hell or Full Metal Cruise, I'd love to do one or the other. Well, another Barge seems like a dead issue at this point, plus - the Prog Nation cruise in February will be my 11th time to the Caribbean/Yucatan (including cruise & non-cruise vacations), so I feel kinda "done" with that part of the world. On the other hand....Full Metal Cruise in Europe?? And now one with ports in Spain? Huge win for me. This is one of those things that is more about location, location, location for me than anything else (or at least *as much* as the festival itself like HITS/Bergen was). I've travelled a great deal in Europe including living in France for a year, but I've never been to Spain and I've wanted to go there all my life. I'd definitely want to spend time in Spain before or after the cruise (with particular interest in spending a good amount of time in Barcelona (I'm a huge Gaudi fan).

And I know some people like to diss Wacken, but I had two of the best times of my life at Wacken & I have no doubt I'd have an awesome time on a Wacken-run cruise, regardless of line-up. (I do like Subway to Sally quite a lot & love kitschy Mambo Kurt, and I'm sure there will be others I'll enjoy). I bet the cruisers would be primarily European too, so that will be fun.

And April 2015 is perfect - far enough away to plan and make happen. If any female here is interested in sharing a cabin, I'd be down for putting down a deposit when the time comes. (pm me)
    :shred:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:16 am

markku1 wrote:Best cruise for ever i'am Inn definitely :whisky:

:heavydrink: Did you go on the first one?
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    markku1
    Chief Petty Officer

by markku1 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:40 am

No Laura Too Many festival this year , but 2015 :cheers:
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:43 am

So far the line-up is weak and I liked the ports from the first one better ... still something I may consider for 2015 :cheers: :beerhorns: Here's to some more appealing bands being announced :lol: :cheers:
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:09 am

So now it officially is a Ballerman cruise And not a metal cruise.
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:12 am

The bands have zero interest for me.
    This is not a metal cruise so far
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:25 pm

So far Hammerfall (and the Uli Jon Roth lead allstars) are the only things of even a passing interest to me.

Cunning strategy from them - announcing so far in advance, tickets go on sale a week after 70k 2014 gets back. And the cruise itself will be only a couple of months after 70k 2015 (if there is one).

I'll wait and see what the rest of the lineup is like, but who knows? We're definitely not doing 70k in 2015 so its an option. My inlaws love Spain - maybe they could go on a holiday there, we could leave the kids with them in spain for a week and go on the cruise? :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:31 am

At that moment I have doubts too, if that would be really a Metal-Cruise, especially if I have heard the song from the trailer :roll:. But they have the favorite band from my girlfriend on board (Subway to Sally :D ), the destinations are very interessting and Mallorca is not so far away ( 2,5 h by plane). The price is also ok. So we will see ;)

Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:41 am

I find it a bit funny how people say FMC is not a metal cruise and when someone bitches about the 70k lineup, say that it's not about the bands but the people and the atmosphere. Yeah, the bands on FMC do blow, but there'll still be a ship full of metalheads - which to me sounds an awful lot like a metal cruise.
    Flights to Mallorca are around 250 euros round-trip from Finland, so this would be a lot cheaper than 70k. Also, the bands are mostly crap on both (granted, more so on FMC), so, yeah, why not. And there'll be some girlie bands. :D
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:27 am

Not a fan of Full Metal Cruise. I laughed out loud at that lineup. Being from the U.S. its easy for me to scoff at, since airfare would hit me as much as the cruise, which is just too damn much for me. I think 70k 2014 is the last cruise I will embark on unless Barge to Hell arises from the dead.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
  • Sepp-das-Wiesel
    Oiler

by Sepp-das-Wiesel » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:01 pm

The FMC 2015 is starting!
    I am not sure if there is another 70k Cruise in 2015!!

Funny that someone laughs about a lineup with 3-4 Bands :shots:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:36 pm

You can bet the organisers of Full Metal Cruise are laughing at the fact that we still have 22+ bands unknown 46 days from sailing !! :lol:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:53 pm

cowboy71 wrote:You can bet the organisers of Full Metal Cruise are laughing at the fact that we still have 22+ bands unknown 46 days from sailing !! :lol:

I think you are right. :cry: :lol:

jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:56 am

Is here anyone who was on the first Full Metal ? Perhaps someone could answer me some questions. :pound:

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:38 pm

jodionline wrote:Is here anyone who was on the first Full Metal ? Perhaps someone could answer me some questions. :pound:

I'm certain someone from the forum went on the first one. Let me check :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:51 am

Found this: http://rocktimes.de/gesamt/e/events/fmc13/fmc13.html

But it is in german. Sorry !

• Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:32 pm

Eeeeek.....booking commences in 2 & 1/2 weeks on Feb 5th! I need to get on the stick & get organized about this - there is a German woman (70K alum) I know via fb who is also interested in going. There is another woman I know now from the Prog Nation cruise fb group (from Brazil) who said she is interested as well. Hoping I can get one of them to commit to a double cabin. If not, I need to find out what their single traveler option is.
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:21 am

I think we're trying to make it 2015. :bangers:

cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Full Metal Cruise II

by cowboy71 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:16 am

They do have a few acts announced so far:

Sodom
    Tankard
    Doro
    Hammerfall
    Subway to Sally
    JBO
    Saltatio Mortis
    AllStarBand with Uli Jon Roth
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:27 am

As I mentioned in the 'ruled out' thread I just started, I would imagine that all these bands can be ruled out for 70k 2015.

I would be VERY surprised if they did not have to enter into some kind of 'exclusive' contract given that it is only a few months after 70k.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:33 am

cowboy71 wrote:As I mentioned in the 'ruled out' thread I just started, I would imagine that all these bands can be ruled out for 70k 2015.

I would be VERY surprised if they did not have to enter into some kind of 'exclusive' contract given that it is only a few months after 70k.

Doro was on both 70k and FMC last year.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:35 am

Looking at the lineup, I do hope the bands have singed contracts that prohibit them to play any other festival. :mrgreen:
    Wishlist:
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:34 am

Well, booking is open as of today. The few ladies who were interested in going with me, aren't ready to commit and pay this far out (cruise is more than 14 months away), so I'm hopefully going to be able to book as a "single traveller" - I couldn't seem to find that option online, so I'll call and see what I can find out. Wish me luck. :P
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:36 am

Bumping the main thread that had been started re this cruise....as I said on the other thread - I'm going to attempt to book today as a "single traveller" since my potential cabinmates are not ready to commit. Wish me luck. :P
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:13 am

Russkaja would be a fucking great time on the cruise. I hope they don't have an exclusive contract.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:29 am

*sad face*
    Just found out via facebook that the Wacken Cruise sold out in 2 hours, 2 minutes. :shock:

I was just about to make the long distance call to Germany. I was going to call because they had an English hotline for non-German speakers. What kinda f*cked me up was the time difference being 7 hours ahead in Germany from here. If I had had any clue it would sell-out that fast (I thought in a few days maybe), I would have gotten up way earlier to make that call. Although, who knows, with the high volume, I may not have been able to get through anyway.

I wonder if a lot of the cabins/spots were bought by people "on spec" and perhaps there will be spots available when people drop off here & there (like they do for 70K). Also, perhaps there is a secondary market of some sort like when Metal Travel (Germany) still has tickets for Wacken via their packages even though the festival online shows "sold-out."

*sighs*

Well, it is not the end of the world surely. :beerwink: I'm somewhat of a superstitious person (yeah, I'm weird like that :P )....perhaps this was a "sign" that this cruise was not meant to be for me next year.

I'll keep my eyes & ears open for the possibility of any spots opening up in the coming months (after all, it is a long time away from now). In the meantime, I'm not gonna sweat it - there are plenty of other cool things to do in the world.
    :beerwink:
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:51 am

^^^ thanks gnoff for the encouragement. :cheers: I'm not giving up hope yet. For starters - I messaged Lala on fabebook since he runs a travel agency in Germany & I thought I had read a post of his somewhere on fb that said he would do bookings for FMC. But, I dunno - maybe I got that wrong. In the meantime, if anyone has any extra inside and/or other info, please post here or pm me. Thanks!
    :cheers:
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:45 pm

So we didn't made it. Chance to save money. :bitch:

Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:56 pm

Laura, too bad you couldn't get a ticket. I hope you'll find a way to get onbroad.
    Wishlist:
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:42 am

gnoff_the_creep wrote:Crazy to sell out a ship 14 months in advance in 7 hours!

Wacken manages to sell early bird tickets (10-20k) in like a day.
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:24 am

gnoff_the_creep wrote:
    NuuX wrote:
    gnoff_the_creep wrote:Crazy to sell out a ship 14 months in advance in 7 hours!

Wacken manages to sell early bird tickets (10-20k) in like a day.

well Wacken Open Air is Wacken Open Air, I fail to see even the slightest comparison.

Even when I went for the 15th anniversary for Wacken they didn't sell out in months, not to mention hours.

I was under the impression that Full Metal Cruise was organized by same people as Wacken. In that regard I expected it to be sold out fast due to the fan base the festival has.
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:13 am

NuuX wrote:
    I was under the impression that Full Metal Cruise was organized by same people as Wacken. In that regard I expected it to be sold out fast due to the fan base the festival has.

My thoughts too.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:42 am

Last edited by Metalwrath on Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:47 am

But, it sold out in 2 hours...
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:49 am

Ooh didn't read that bit.
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:06 am

The Full Metal Cruise is for all intents and purposes, the or a "Wacken Cruise" - same organizers, see: http://www.wacken.com/en/woa2014/main-n ... ruar-9284/
    ....which is largely why I really wanted to go at least once - I loved Wacken both times I went and have total faith in any event they are associated with, and especially in this case a cruise. Haha - they even have Mambo Kurt & Doro on board! I love both and you can't get more Wacken than that!

So, since I "missed the boat" (it sold out before I got through trying to book yesterday), I say this again - if anyone knows of or has any spots opening up and doesn't mind rooming with a somewhat nutty middle-aged librarian from the States, give me a holla, ya hear?! :P
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:24 am

Memnoch wrote:Laura, too bad you couldn't get a ticket. I hope you'll find a way to get onbroad.

Aww thanks - yep, the wind was knocked out of my sails yesterday, but not for long really. It will be a wait & see if anything opens up...in the meantime I'm not gonna fret about it.
Post Reply 42 posts