Post Reply 169 posts
2015 Tours and Festivals
    ENTRAILSERADICATED
    Oiler

Re: 2015 Tours and Festivals

by ENTRAILSERADICATED » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:04 am

SaraMarie wrote:
    ENTRAILSERADICATED wrote:One of my bands is doing some shows on the East Coast and in Canada the week before the cruise, and in Vegas and possibly LA the week after. If anyone is in any of these areas, come say G'day and get shitfaced with us! :shots:

Claim The Throne is Melodic Death/Folk for fans of Wintersun/Dissection/Finntroll. If not, seeya on the boat again! I'm sure it will be a messy one as usual haha :belly:

Cheers!
    Jim

EDIT** Tyranitar are playing in Rochester, may need another band or 2 still

w00t! Bug Jar gig! You'll be in my home turf on 1/18, the weekend before the cruise. I'm watching my coworker's buddies' bands play at that same spot the night before that. Talk about pre-gaming the pre-parties. It's a tiny as fuck bar but very fun. Do you know who the local openers will be yet? If not, I'll just bug my buddy at work until he finds out.

We're yet to book the local supports for Rochester, any suggestions? :) Cheers!
    How ya goin' cunt?
    Rusalka
    Oiler

by Rusalka » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:16 pm

So far, Metaldays (Tolmin, Slovenia) and Wacken are "a must". The only problem will be transportation from Slovenia to Wacken :|
    Metalfest Plzen (Czech Republic) is a huge probability, since Metalfest Loreley is not being held in 2015 :cry: :cry: :cry:
    And Brutal Assault is a wish.

When it comes to gigs, I'm going to two Sabaton gigs in Germany (Ludwigsburg and Langen) in January (I already know all Joakim's small-talk, but I simply must see them any chance I get) and perhaps Blind Guardian in Belgrade in May. Definitely more gigs to be announced in Belgrade sooner or later.
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:36 pm

ENTRAILSERADICATED wrote:
    SaraMarie wrote:
    ENTRAILSERADICATED wrote:One of my bands is doing some shows on the East Coast and in Canada the week before the cruise, and in Vegas and possibly LA the week after. If anyone is in any of these areas, come say G'day and get shitfaced with us! :shots:

Claim The Throne is Melodic Death/Folk for fans of Wintersun/Dissection/Finntroll. If not, seeya on the boat again! I'm sure it will be a messy one as usual haha :belly:

Cheers!
    Jim

EDIT** Tyranitar are playing in Rochester, may need another band or 2 still

w00t! Bug Jar gig! You'll be in my home turf on 1/18, the weekend before the cruise. I'm watching my coworker's buddies' bands play at that same spot the night before that. Talk about pre-gaming the pre-parties. It's a tiny as fuck bar but very fun. Do you know who the local openers will be yet? If not, I'll just bug my buddy at work until he finds out.

We're yet to book the local supports for Rochester, any suggestions? :) Cheers!

Fuck, I forgot about this. Order of the Dead, Gutted Alive and Dead Bitch (funny black metal band) would all be good choices. My coworker is in Abhor which is some great instrumental tech metal if you're into that. There's not really anything local that's the same style as you guys, though.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:36 am

SteelFest looks awesome, I will have to keep an eye on that for 2016!

Claim the Throne will be in Vegas after boat so I will probably go if I am not still hungover :lol:
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:20 am

So, I won't be seeing 1349 on da 70k boat (who I like very much & have seen several times)....
    buuuut... :P
    this tour was announced, er, leaked, today (dates announced tomorrow)....and it sounds very promising!! I am not familiar with the other bands (outside of their names)....but have been meaning to check them all out for awhile now. In other news, I have discovered that three different 2015 tours I'd want to attend (Behemoth in Feb, Watain/Mayhem in Jan, & Electric Wizard in April) all have Chicago dates when I'll be out of town on vacation. :( Darn :P ...but oh well, the vacations will more than make up for that - particularly since I've seen the first 3 bands mentioned before. I've heard a lot of great things about Electric Wizard though, so kinda sad to miss that Metro gig. :( I hope the Chicago date of the 1349 tour is when I'm around town! :beerhorns: :beerhorns:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:56 am

So the 1349 et all tour dates were announced, and I'm gonna have to miss this gig too sadly since I'll be on the Rock Legends Cruise at that time. Don't know if I would have made it though anyway since the Chicagoland gig is booked at Mojoes in Joliet - a far flung suburb of Chicago and extremely inconvenient to get to (for city dwellers like me anyway - ha).

Feb 8: Tampa, FL @ The Orpheum
    Feb 10: Austin TX @ Dirty Dog
    Feb 11: Albuquerque, NM @ Launchpad
    Feb 12: Phoenix, AZ @ Joe's Grotto
    Feb 14: Los Angeles, CA @ The Complex
    Feb 15: San Francisco, CA @ DNA Lounge
    Feb 16: Reno, NV @ Jub Jub's
    Feb 18: Denver, CO @ Marquis Theatre
    Feb 19: Kansas City, MO @ Riot Room
    Feb 20: Joliet, IL @ Mojoe's
    Feb 21: Lakewood, OH @ The Foundry
    Feb 22: Trenton, NJ @ Championship Bar
    Feb 23: New York, NY @ Gramercy Theatre
    Feb 24: Springfield, VA @ Empire
    Feb 25: Spartanburg, SC @ Ground Zero

In other news though, while at 70K alums Noel & Chris' wedding last night (which was awesome by the way!), I talked to Paul Kuhr of Novembers Doom (the whole band was there since they are good friends of the bride and groom :cool: ) and he said they may open for Enslaved on the Chicago leg of the tour (which would be great since I love ND!). Those tour dates had not been on my radar yet, so I looked them up today and YAY - can make that gig on March 17 at Thalia Hall. The venue is fantastic too - it is a historic theater that had been long closed and now open again. Saw Sleep there last August and got a great balcony seat.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:07 am

Jotunheimr wrote:The European Paganfest lineup was just released and I think I need a change of pants now. Lucky Europeans! Wintersun, Turisas, and Heidevolk are my top three favorite bands in the pagan/folk genre, or top three overall (not counting TSO and Savatage) and all three together in one tour is just... :viking:

Shame that Pratteln isn't included in the extended shows :cry:

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624
    2020: 7324

https://www.facebook.com/Bands.support.and.promotion
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:14 am

I've decided to go to Summer Breeze again this year. Quite an impressive lineup, and this time round I'm even interested in one of the headliners.

So, Neurotic Deathfest, Steelfest, Nightwish cruise, Copenhell or Nummirock, Tuska, Metaldays and Summer Breeze so far. Where else should I go to?
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:52 am

I'm kinda bummed that Paganfest North America isn't happening this year. And so far, nothing has been announced to come through Calgary that's exciting enough to replace it :/ hopefully something cool comes up soon, or I'm gonna be using a lot of my vacation time to travel to Vancouver and Montreal for shows.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:22 am

Phoenix wrote:I'm kinda bummed that Paganfest North America isn't happening this year. And so far, nothing has been announced to come through Calgary that's exciting enough to replace it :/ hopefully something cool comes up soon, or I'm gonna be using a lot of my vacation time to travel to Vancouver and Montreal for shows.

I don't know dates/cities, but there is something in the works similar to Paganfest that will make you happy later this spring. That is all I will say. :cool:
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:02 pm

We have a couple shows planned so far in Tampa, St Pete, and Orlando. We have Progpower booked already too. Doing Wednesday night then Friday/Saturday. One of the big ones we are excited for is At the Gates since we are thinking about taking a little weekend vacation to PA to catch the show there and be tourists.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:10 am

Phoenix wrote:I'm kinda bummed that Paganfest North America isn't happening this year. And so far, nothing has been announced to come through Calgary that's exciting enough to replace it :/ hopefully something cool comes up soon, or I'm gonna be using a lot of my vacation time to travel to Vancouver and Montreal for shows.

:party: :pound: :cheers: :smash: :chug: :mrgreen:

Edit: BC really more be like :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :beerwink: :smoking: :mrgreen:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:58 am

Stained Class wrote:

Edit: BC really more be like :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :beerwink: :smoking: :mrgreen:

I think I know what you're trying to say :P Question, is the Nightwish and Sabaton show in Van really in a seating only venue? Because right now that's all that's stopping me from going.

And yes, but unfortunately it is against my code to smoke ANYTHING, so I can't really partake in "Jamaican hobbies while in British Columbia"

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • big perken
    Crewman

by big perken » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:42 am

Trois-rivieres metal fest in Quebec is the best one announced so far in Canada. Look it up.
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 am

This year:

Orphaned Land Berlin
    Out & Loud Geiselwind
    Metaldays Tolmin
    Mera Luna Hildesheim
    Summer Breeze

Perhaps:
    Satyricon Nijmegen

So far. :bangers:
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:58 pm

Looks like I'm gonna have to convince my new manager to let me stay out in Barcelona again this summer. Be Prog! My Friend and Rock Fest Barcelona have announced some really cool shit. The first has announced Devin Townsend last week, and now Rock Fest has got Dream Theater. :shock:

http://rockfestbarcelona.com/cartel.html
    http://www.beprogmyfriend.com/2015/?page_id=23

In case anyone is curious about Rock Fest, they are supposedly having camping this year, but I don't know... might be better to not camp, I think it will be very disorganized. It is super easy to get there from downtown by train and also getting back is the same, even very late.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:53 am

I know a fair amount of metalheads are into Rush (they happen to be one of my favorite top 10 bands ever), so I'll post this here. :bangers:
    I'm really gonna try to make this & may even fork over the big bucks for some great seats. I've seen Rush several times since around 1980, and maybe this 40 year anniversary gig might be the perfect "last time/swan song."
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:44 pm

Found out about this today & am so stoked! Fell in love with Haken from the moment I first listened after seeing their name on the Prog Nation 2014 roster back in 2013. Their pool deck gig on PNAS was one of my top fave 2014 gigs - yowsa. Here is The Mountain in its entirety. <3 love, love, love
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIY4X8yi5Oo&sns=em
    Omg
  • headlinerluxi
    Petty Officer

by headlinerluxi » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:09 am

Wacken :wank: :bangers:
    2012 survivor
    2013 survivor
    2014 survivor
    2016 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2019 !!!
    Savatage Queensryche Powerwolf Dokken Megadeth Mob Rules UDO Wasp Ripper Owens Tesla Y&T Armored Saint Testament Iced Earth Sabaton DAD Tesla Cinderella Brainstorm
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:21 pm

Officially in doom mode.

Psycho CA Fest

Right before MDF, I fly home literally to do laundry and then get on the plane for MDF :lol:
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:44 pm

Memnoch wrote:I've decided to go to Summer Breeze again this year. Quite an impressive lineup, and this time round I'm even interested in one of the headliners.

I think the Panthers are coming to Summer Breeze too. Where should we stay?!???! :bangers:
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:19 am

^^^ Summer Breeze sounds awesome Rhia!

So, the 2015 gig ticket buying has commenced! (for me).

Yesterday I snagged 3rd row for Death Cab for Cutie (Chicago Theatre on May 1)!!! :headbanger: :P Great price too - happy that DCFC doesn't gouge its fans $ wise. DCFC is not metal of course (ha), but in my top 10 fave bands....as is Rush. Speaking of Rush.... :D

Tickets go on sale for the Rush 40 year anniversary tour gig at United Center at 10 am this morning....now those tickets are high which kinda pisses me off (I mean - how much $$$ must those three have by now?).... ;) but I probably will go for the better $109 (including tax) tickets but refuse to go any higher (up to over $400 for "vip").

Tickets for modern prog masters Haken go on sale at noon....a steal at $15! I doubt it will sell out right away, but will buy one at noon anyway - cuz so excited! :P
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:59 pm

Laura wrote:^^^ Summer Breeze sounds awesome Rhia!

So, the 2015 gig ticket buying has commenced! (for me).

Yesterday I snagged 3rd row for Death Cab for Cutie (Chicago Theatre on May 1)!!! :headbanger: :P Great price too - happy that DCFC doesn't gouge its fans $ wise. DCFC is not metal of course (ha), but in my top 10 fave bands....as is Rush. Speaking of Rush.... :D

Tickets go on sale for the Rush 40 year anniversary tour gig at United Center at 10 am this morning....now those tickets are high which kinda pisses me off (I mean - how much $$$ must those three have by now?).... ;) but I probably will go for the better $109 (including tax) tickets but refuse to go any higher (up to over $400 for "vip").

Tickets for modern prog masters Haken go on sale at noon....a steal at $15! I doubt it will sell out right away, but will buy one at noon anyway - cuz so excited! :P

wish Haken were coming ANYWHERE near me!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    Jodycannibal
    Wiper

by Jodycannibal » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:24 am

I'm hoping to catch MDF this year if anyone is selling or knows of anyone selling a 4 day pass

:cheers:
    Cabin #2324 - 2015 - First year!
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:21 am

WizardBeast wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:I've decided to go to Summer Breeze again this year. Quite an impressive lineup, and this time round I'm even interested in one of the headliners.

I think the Panthers are coming to Summer Breeze too. Where should we stay?!???! :bangers:

That would be awesome! Not sure which hotels in Dinkelsbühl have vacancy. I have a reservation at the Blauer Hecht (also called Romantica Hotel; suitable for mine, Ulrika's and Fredrik's romantic getaway :lol: ).
    Wishlist:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:54 am

WizardBeast wrote:

I really really would like to try for this as well... any chance I could get in on this planning party? Figuring out financial needs and logistics for travel from airport and hotel or whatever arrangements will really determine if I can do this... but that lineup makes me drool
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CemeterySkyline-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-Souldrainer-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-Stortregn-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:44 am

Jodycannibal wrote:I'm hoping to catch MDF this year if anyone is selling or knows of anyone selling a 4 day pass

Heh, I'm about 80% sure that I'm going this year, depends on when work plans our retreat and how my move to a new apartment goes.

My work year for holiday purposes ends around 8/20, if maybe I could ask for the next year's vacation a week early, I might be able to swing Summer Breeze only IF also work sends me to Barcelona in July/August again (which I want anyway, to attend Be Prog!). That means sweating my ass off and a crappy flight, but yeah, lol. Thoughts of going have been rattling in my head.

I wish I could do so many of these. :P
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:17 pm

A lot of maybes at this point. Maybes include:

Nightwish in Vancouver, Apr. 25(?)
    Kamelot in Calgary, May 11
    Heavy MTL in Montreal, Aug. 7-9

I gotta make sure I can still make the 2016 cruise

Edit: Oh shit, I just remembered I'll be going to Rush on Jul. 15
    2016: 9231
    2017: 6521
    2018: Don't even remember

Wishlist: Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Dzo-nga, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Primordial, Running Wild, Steel Panther
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:21 pm

Later this month Judas Priest/Dragonforce (tickets $102 each - ouch!)
    May Divine Ascension (Aussie 'girlie band - Ville might like them)
    May Motley Crue/Alice Cooper possible tour (and probably even more expensive than Judas Priest/Dragonforce!)
    June Aussie legends Baby Animals and Superjesus
    June Blind Guardian possible tour (and probably a trip to Melbourne or Sydney)
    July Van Canto Tour (trip to Tasmania)

Do all these and I probably won't be able to afford 70K 2016 though.......

I mean, I'm seriously considering NOT seeing BG if they only play Melb/Syd (never thought I'd say that!)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:52 pm

Now looking into Obscene Extreme in Montreal. :headbanger:

Deck ? 2020
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:20 am

biertroll wrote:Now looking into Obscene Extreme in Montreal. :headbanger:

Hmm, that would be right on my birthday, but not into the bands yet. Guess that and Heavy Montreal will need to be monitored closely.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:23 pm

Phoenix wrote:

Hmm, that would be right on my birthday, but not into the bands yet. Guess that and Heavy Montreal will need to be monitored closely.

I wonder when they plan on announcing the bands as it is pretty late already. Soon? :lol: :cry:

Deck ? 2020
  • Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:27 pm

Phoenix wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:

I think I know what you're trying to say :P Question, is the Nightwish and Sabaton show in Van really in a seating only venue? Because right now that's all that's stopping me from going.

And yes, but unfortunately it is against my code to smoke ANYTHING, so I can't really partake in "Jamaican hobbies while in British Columbia"

I'm still not sure on it. Ticket says general admission but no mention of seating situation. My guess is GA floor seats. Still going for the weekend. Maybe check out some drinking sites in Vancouver. Never been there before
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:14 pm

biertroll wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:

I wonder when they plan on announcing the bands as it is pretty late already. Soon? :lol: :cry:

They announced the first 2 in the last couple of days. Drop Dead & Inhumate.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:15 pm

"Continuing down the path of revisiting places we haven't been to for a very long time, we're happy to announce that the next country on our list is Canada!
    We’ll be playing three shows:

June 19th - Amnesia Rockfest, Montebello, QC
    June 20th – London Music Hall, London, ON
    June 21st – Rickshaw Theatre, Vancouver, BC
    Support bands for the two club shows will be announced soon.
    "

I might need to look in to a trip to Canada....

• Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:10 pm

Sgt. B wrote:

Yeah it's looking like a bunch of the Calgary folks will be going to visit Van (and Joey) for that one. :headbanger:

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:40 am

Phoenix wrote:
    Sgt. B wrote:

Yeah it's looking like a bunch of the Calgary folks will be going to visit Van (and Joey) for that one. :headbanger:
    yayyyyyy! :bangers:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:03 am

Small changes to the festivals/gigs I'm attending this coming summer. First festival is Neurotic Deathfest in April. Decided to go to Saint Petersburg, Russia to see Epica in late April (and obviously going to the Helsinki gig two days before). Then Steelfest in Hyvinkää in May. Also decided to go to Copenhell for midsummer. Metaldays seem to be a no-go this year unless they announce a wishlist band among the last three bands. Going to Tuska and if I'm not going to Metaldays, I'll be going to Kotkan Meripäivät to see Within Temptation and Amaranthe. Summer Breeze of course.
    Wishlist:
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:16 am

So here are my plans so far:

March: Subway to Sally - Bad Salzungen
    April: Satyricon - Nijmwegen (perhaps)
    April: Anathema - Bochum
    May: Orphaned Land - Berlin
    June: Out & Loud - Geiselwind
    Juli: Undertow - Rodewisch
    Juli: Metaldays - Tolmin
    August: M'era Luna - Hildesheim (perhaps)
    August: Summer Breeze - Dinkelsbühl

Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:18 am

2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.