Post Reply 169 posts
2015 Tours and Festivals
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

Re: 2015 Tours and Festivals

by Phoenix » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:29 am

klons wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:What is with metal bands and Tuesdays in my city?

But it's Over fucking Kill so... who cares!

Only SX headlines yours! Wonder what kind of opening bands they bring along...

Wait actually? It was under the OVERKILL section on ETV. If that's true then I actually just don't care.

EDIT: Oh, "headlines", not "plays". Well, considering it's the only time I'll see OverKill in the foreseeable future... I'll take what I can get.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:11 am

Phoenix wrote:
    klons wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:What is with metal bands and Tuesdays in my city?

But it's Over fucking Kill so... who cares!

Only SX headlines yours! Wonder what kind of opening bands they bring along...

Wait actually? It was under the OVERKILL section on ETV. If that's true then I actually just don't care.

EDIT: Oh, "headlines", not "plays". Well, considering it's the only time I'll see OverKill in the foreseeable future... I'll take what I can get.

Co-headlining tour. They are rotating who closes/plays last each night. Each band should have the same length set. For your show, you can leave earlier if you mainly want to see Overkill. I might at my show once Overkill finishes.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:06 am

Sgt. B wrote:Overkill/Symphony X US/Canada co-headline tour
    10/13/2015 The Ritz – Tampa, FL *

Finally! This is a must see for sure. I wish Symphony X was headlining but both bands are always top notch live so im not too upset. We will be getting our flights to Philly for the At the Gates show in April :shred:

lmao Jaimie that show is tempting but the tampa venue is just...bad. Well see though
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:16 am

who's going to Sweden Rock and/or Wacken?
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:27 am

I'm not familiar with the music of Evergrey & Voyager, yet have certainly heard other people talk about them favorably - maybe I need to check out the Reggie's gig! :beerbang:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:31 am

Here's another band I've heard about for ages but never listened to....and also at Reggie's in October! Album recommends anyone?

http://www.reggieslive.com/show/fates-warning/
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:39 pm

Voyager is Progressive Trance Metal :cool:
    -Breaking Down: https://youtu.be/hQfYBTJ-LxQ
    -The Meaning of I: https://youtu.be/qM5rZaUiiLs
    -Sober: https://youtu.be/2nx58YfZcUQ
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:45 pm

last_candle wrote:Voyager is Progressive Trance Metal :cool:
    -Breaking Down: https://youtu.be/hQfYBTJ-LxQ
    -The Meaning of I: https://youtu.be/qM5rZaUiiLs
    -Sober: https://youtu.be/2nx58YfZcUQ

Thanks for the links :bangers: - I enjoyed those!

I haven't bought tickets/committed to either the Evergrey/Voyager gig in August or the Fates Warning gig in October, but will probably go to one or both since I haven't seen any of them before and I like experiencing new (to me) bands. I will definitely have to get up to speed on all their discographies beforehand though since I am not very familiar. What I've heard so far, however - I like. :)

Just discovered this today - Taake's first ever North American tour!! :shock: :D :beerbang: :beerhorns: They are a huge favorite of mine, and didn't think I'd get to see them anytime soon unless I went to Europe. Can't believe they are playing the tiny Cobra Lounge - great intimate venue relatively close to my home - stoked! Last time I was there to see Leæther Strip in May 2014 (great gig!). Bought my Taake ticket today for twenty bucks - such a deal!! Don't know anything about Wolvhammer, but Sgt B has them on his sig wishlist, so I have a hunch they're good. ;)

• Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:42 pm

2015 is turning out to be another excellent gig year!! Loved the Rock Legends "classic rock" cruise in February and the Broadway musical Gigi & Met Opera production of Lucia di Lammermoor I saw last week in New York. In the next few months, I'll see quite a variety of old & new favorite bands including: Todd Rundgren next Wednesday and Rush in June representing more of the "classic rock" I've loved since the 70s; more recent alt/indie faves Death Cab for Cutie (3rd row!) and My Morning Jacket; long time industrial/avant garde fave Laibach from Slovenia in May; two of my top fave progressive bands/artists - Haken and Steven Wilson, and last but not least, black metal favorite Taake in June. I may see Ensiferum & Korpiklaani (who I'm crazy about and seen many times each) in May, but haven't bought that ticket yet.

I missed several gigs I would have liked to have seen that took place when I was out of town in Jan, Feb & April including Behemoth, Magma, Liturgy, Electric Wizard, and a few others - but oh well, that's the way the cookie crumbles. ;) A few other gigs I chose to skip were bands that even though I like very much (in particular Enslaved & to a lesser extent Nightwish) - there was too much else going on at the time and I've seen them both several times before.

I considered going to both Pitchfork Music Fest & Lollapalooza again this summer, but the line-ups are not a draw for me this year round, so I'm skipping both altogether. Sadly, I'll be missing my fourth Cold Waves Industrial Fest in September due to an out of state family event - would love to see headliners Godflesh & especially Front Line Assembly since I've not seen the latter before. My one local Fest wild card is Riot Fest which ruled last year....but I'll wait & see how the line-up pans out.

Evergrey/Voyager in August & Fates Warning in October are looking good but will wait a bit to buy tickets.

:whisky: 2015 is tasty...
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:15 pm

Going to see Blue Oyster Cult and April Wine at Arcada Theater just outside of Chicago. Plus The Rolling Stones at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on the 4th of July., going to be a great time, can't wait!
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:26 pm

Laura wrote:Here's another band I've heard about for ages but never listened to....and also at Reggie's in October! Album recommends anyone?

http://www.reggieslive.com/show/fates-warning/

Hi Laura!

I've been a fan of Fates Warning for many years. My personal favorites are No Exit and Parallels, I also like A Pleasant Shade of Grey, which is a little more progressive.
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:13 am

In addition the the 7 European dates, 2 North American dates were added.

My ticket has been purchased for the Los Angeles show!
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:36 pm

I should get around to updating my signature
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Fri May 01, 2015 8:46 am

Sgt. B wrote:My ticket has been purchased for the Los Angeles show!

Just got ours for the NY show.
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Sat May 02, 2015 1:10 am

mooyagi wrote:Image

I will be at the Oakland show of this tour.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Sat May 02, 2015 7:11 am

Looks like I'll be trying to get my ass up to Toronto on Halloween to see Arkona, then. It's even on a Saturday! The woman in that band is such a bad ass. :viking:
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sat May 02, 2015 7:44 am

Sgt. B wrote:Image

In addition the the 7 European dates, 2 North American dates were added.

My ticket has been purchased for the Los Angeles show!

Well, I have to admit I'm envious since I won't be traveling either east or west for these gigs. (So much for my claim that *every* tour hits Chicago! Ha. ;) ) My one saving grace is that I just saw Opeth in December & it was a dream set list for me - perhaps my favorite Opeth show tied with the first Opeth gig I attended (Ghost Reveries tour) 10 :shock: years ago.

Sgt. B - enjoy and do tell us how it was!
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Sat May 02, 2015 7:48 am

Awesome! Tampa is actually getting the Arkona tour. Rest of the bands that skip us have no excuse, every tour arkona has a stop or two in Florida. If a Russian band can do it anyone can do it dammit haha
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Wed May 06, 2015 7:03 am

Blind Guardian + Grave Digger North American tour just announced.

27.10.15 USA Baltimore Baltimore Soundstage
    29.10.15 Canada Toronto Danforth Music Hall
    30.10.15 Canada Montreal Corona
    31.10.15 USA Worcester Palladium
    01.11.15 USA Philadelphia Union Transfer
    03.11.15 USA New York Webster Hall
    04.11.15 USA Munhall Carnegie Music Hall
    06.11.15 USA Pontiac The Crofoot
    07.11.15 USA Cleveland House of Blues
    08.11.15 USA Chicago Concord Music Hall
    09.11.15 USA Minneapolis Mill City Nights
    11.11.15 USA Denver The Summit Music Hall
    13.11.15 Canada Calgary MacEwan Hall
    14.11.15 Canada Edmonton Union Hall
    16.11.15 Canada Vancouver Commodore Ballroom
    17.11.15 USA Seattle Studio Seven
    19.11.15 USA San Francisco The Fillmore
    20.11.15 USA Sacramento Ace Of Spades
    21.11.15 USA Anaheim City National Grove of Anaheim
    22.11.15 USA Tempe The Marquee
    24.11.15 USA Dallas Gas Monkey Live
    25.11.15 USA Houston Warehouse Live
    27.11.15 USA Atlanta The Masquerade
    28.11.15 USA Orlando The Plaza Live
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed May 06, 2015 7:20 am

I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS TOUR YOU HAVE NO IDEA :metalguy: :metalguy: :metalguy: :metalguy:

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Wed May 06, 2015 7:26 am

Phoenix wrote:I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS TOUR YOU HAVE NO IDEA :metalguy: :metalguy: :metalguy: :metalguy:

I'm just back from three Blind Guardian + Orphaned Land shows in a row in Germany, so I think I have some idea ;) :wank: :wank: :wank:
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed May 06, 2015 7:45 am

Speedy wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS TOUR YOU HAVE NO IDEA :metalguy: :metalguy: :metalguy: :metalguy:

I'm just back from three Blind Guardian + Orphaned Land shows in a row in Germany, so I think I have some idea ;) :wank: :wank: :wank:

You know who we NEVER get in North America? Grave Digger. That's the bigger deal to most of the people I know. Blind Guardian is an EXTREMELY happy bonus.
    Last edited by Phoenix on Wed May 06, 2015 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Wed May 06, 2015 10:29 am

Phweww FL barely made that tour haha.
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Thu May 07, 2015 9:38 am

I might end up at that Blind Guardian show in Toronto. I have some tough decisions to make this fall, I think. Already interested in Arkona and BG both out of town. It's a good excuse to get my ass up there for once, though. I haven't been in years.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:42 pm

Ghost just announced a US headlining tour! There's a Reno date, which I will definitely be planning on going to.

http://www.metalsucks.net/2015/06/09/gh ... ning-tour/
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:13 am

Trondheim Metalfest just released the (almost) complete lineup:
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.

Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:49 am

Laura wrote:
    Just discovered this today - Taake's first ever North American tour!! :shock: :D :beerbang: :beerhorns: They are a huge favorite of mine, and didn't think I'd get to see them anytime soon unless I went to Europe. Can't believe they are playing the tiny Cobra Lounge - great intimate venue relatively close to my home - stoked! Last time I was there to see Leæther Strip in May 2014 (great gig!). Bought my Taake ticket today for twenty bucks - such a deal!! Don't know anything about Wolvhammer, but Sgt B has them on his sig wishlist, so I have a hunch they're good. ;)

Tour is postponed, more than likely cancelled. Multiple members of Taake had their visas flagged by the US government. Festival/booking agent is working with attorneys to still try and get them over for the NYC festival show (Stardust V) at least. They will try to reschedule the tour if possible

• biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:25 pm

Good thing MDF got them in the country once.

Ghost in Vegas on Halloween! :headbanger:
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:44 pm

Sgt. B wrote:
    Laura wrote:

Tour is postponed, more than likely cancelled. Multiple members of Taake had their visas flagged by the US government. Festival/booking agent is working with attorneys to still try and get them over for the NYC festival show (Stardust V) at least. They will try to reschedule the tour if possible

No shit?? :shock: It's a good thing I tune in here every so often, because that is very useful to know - thanks for the heads up since I know you often have early inside info re gigs. Wow, sucks for the bands, but partly a huge relief to me as I had bought my ticket when they went on sale and then later realized - "doh! What was I thinking??" :lol: That Chicago date is right before leaving out of town on a long (for me) trip and I was stressing about burning the candle too much again at both ends. Kinda relieved to just chill at home that night & pack & such instead. Don't get me wrong - I'd love to see Taake!! It's just that next weekend is bad timing for me. I look forward to seeing when they rebook the tour! I shall do my best to be there!!! TAAAAAAKE!!! :beerhorns:
    *excuse me while I obsess over Taake once more* :mrgreen: :metalguy: :beerhorns: :whisky: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OAIIbnrYC7Q
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaRelAEOauk&sns=em
  • Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:40 pm

Phoenix wrote:
    Speedy wrote:

You know who we NEVER get in North America? Grave Digger. That's the bigger deal to most of the people I know. Blind Guardian is an EXTREMELY happy bonus.

Love Blind Guardian immensely but when I saw Grave Digger was opening I lost it. Only seen then twice before and that was on 70k. I am surprisingly more excited to see them then I am BG.
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:18 pm

Friends in Europe!
    Local speed metallers STRIKER 's tour dates:

17-07 - Devilstone Open Air - Anykscai - Lithuania
    18-07 - Galaxy - Szczecin - Poland
    20-07 - Exit US - Prague - Czech Republic
    21-07 - ZORO - Leipzig - Germany
    22-07 - Little Devil - Tilburg - The Netherlands
    23-07 - Metal Days Festival - Slovenia
    24-07 - Headbangers Open Air - Germany

They would be awesome on the cruise!
    :cheers:

http://www.striker-metal.com/
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:02 am

As much as I don't give a shit about most of the bands on Rockstar Mayhem Fest, King Diamond is playing so that should be pretty sweet. It is a shame that even though it's called Mayhem fest, they never book the true Mayhem.
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:02 am

Decided to go to Warsaw for Massivefest in August. Only a one-day festival, but the lineup is quite good: Vader, Nile, Marduk, Suffocation and Bloodtruth. And I get to go taste some Polish beers. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:12 am

Found out about this yesterday & stoked - I've seen them a few times (once at Metro & another time with Apocalyptica at House of Blues - wow, what a double bill that was!), but it has been awhile. They are one of my favorite bands live ever. And now at the smallish Bottom Lounge to boot - woot!
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:45 am

King Diamond/Exodus US Tour.

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:05 pm

Hopefully he doesn't cancel the Tucson date this time.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:02 pm

Sgt. B wrote:King Diamond/Exodus US Tour.

Shit, I've been overdue for a New York City trip for awhile. Lots of hard decisions this fall.
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:27 pm

Hopefully this time I won't be as drunk.. but probably not. :lol:
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:39 pm

FULL METAL MOUNTAIN just added Powerwolf, Avantasia, and Korpiklaani to the lineup.

Dammit I want Powewolf and Avantasia on 70k!!! :bitch:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:30 pm

cowboy71 wrote:FULL METAL MOUNTAIN just added Powerwolf, Avantasia, and Korpiklaani to the lineup.

Dammit I want Powewolf and Avantasia on 70k!!! :bitch:

Sir, this belongs in the random bitching thread. :lol:

Deck ? 2020