Post Reply 77 posts
What bands MUST you see before you die????
    markku1
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: What bands MUST you see before you die????

by markku1 » Mon May 13, 2013 6:58 am

rammstein yes, I've never been a fan of band but i,m sure that the thursday 1.8 True metal stage is a expected hellish show

And thereto yet 100000 drunken singing german's DAMM
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon May 13, 2013 7:06 am

I get to see the only metal band I've yet to see at Tuska - Bolt Thrower. The other must-sees are impossible, Death and Bathory.
    Other than metal I'm dying to see The Cardigans.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Mon May 13, 2013 7:19 am

Moments after Ville crosses Bolt Thrower off his list, I'll be crossing King Diamond off mine. Shame on me for not seeing him earlier.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon May 13, 2013 7:26 am

Surprised I didn't post in this thread before but I think pretty much all the bands I would've posted then are crossed off now. Only big one I can think of is Rammstein. Of course Hypocrisy too and most of the bands in my list but I think I've crossed off all the big ones other then that!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon May 13, 2013 7:36 am

Memnoch wrote:I get to see the only metal band I've yet to see at Tuska - Bolt Thrower. The other must-sees are impossible, Death and Bathory.
    Other than metal I'm dying to see The Cardigans.

I'm going to the June 1 Bolt Thrower gig at Reggie's and I'm embarrassed to say I don't know their music at all (yet - will start to get on that this week) - rather - bought my ticket asap because they have been mentioned here so many times, I thought I should prolly check them out!! Also - lots of in-town & out-of-town friends & acquaintences will be there including vaderite, noelez, Nikki, Mr. & Ms. Bentz!, Sgt. B, TheBigJankowski, Dan B, and....Kevin. (and other local friends). :D

You've mentioned the Cardigans before and while I'd heard the name, I couldn't connect them with any familiar song until I youtubed them - and of course I know some of their hit songs like Lovefool. Never owned any of their recordings, but know at least some of their songs from the radio. I like the singer very much.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Mon May 13, 2013 9:15 am

Teräsbetoni (Unfortunately, they will give one and only show this Summer for their 10th Anniversary and with what I heard, they wont to do any show or album :cry: Hopefully Jarkko Ahola will change his mind about it)
    Ahola
    Derdian
    Stratovarius
    Imperial Age
    Domain

and many more :D

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624
    2020: 7324

https://www.facebook.com/Bands.support.and.promotion
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Mon May 13, 2013 10:06 am

so Laura, you have seen all you wanted :mrgreen:

I closed my wishlist with Death to All last week at Neurotic Deathfest, so I can peacefully die now :death:
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, 70K 2020, 70K 2023
    Ingrid
    Petty Officer

by Ingrid » Mon May 13, 2013 10:51 am

The only bands I want to see before I die don't exist anymore :(
    For the rest, I've seen all I like :)
    www.metal-exposure.com
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon May 13, 2013 11:27 am

Mal2000 wrote:so Laura, you have seen all you wanted :mrgreen:

Yes! In addition, I've pretty much accomplished all I'd set out to do when I was a very young person - family, friends, work, education, living situation, travel and various other kinds of activities-wise....so - this makes me very happy, but it feels ever so slightly odd at the same time (that is - now what?). However - there are always more people, places, and things to discover & enjoy - I know this is true. :D

Mal2000 wrote:I closed my wishlist with Death to All last week at Neurotic Deathfest, so I can peacefully die now :death:

:cheers: nice

(and I believe this was my 5,000th post! :shock:)
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Mon May 13, 2013 1:30 pm

my list's empty :D

I'd really love to see Voyager and Wuthering Heights and I hope to get to see Steel Attack doing one of their shows where they only play songs from the first two albums

a pity I never got to see Chroming Rose and Heaven's Gate (or Helloween with Kiske)...and Lost Horizon would have been nice, too
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Mon May 13, 2013 5:44 pm

Bloodbath
    Skinless (RIP)
    Vomitory
    Judas Priest (or Rob Halford)
    Iron Maiden
    Pro-Pain
    Miseration
    Torchbearer
    Solution .45
    Dew-Scented
    Scar Symmetry
    Barren Earth
    The Crown
    Allegaeon
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Mon May 13, 2013 6:55 pm

by luck I've already seen the bands I really want before I die more tan twice all of them..

Iron Maiden
    Metallica
    Nightwish
    Therion
    Lacuna Coil
    JAM Project

I really like to see this bands I haven't seen yet but If I die before, I'll have no regrets..

Avantasia
    Northern Kings
    Allen Lande
    Triosphere
    Xandria
    Syrens Call
    Abingdon Boys School
    Disturbed
    Frozen Crown-Therion-Iced Earth-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Powerwolf-Nanowar of Steel-Alestorm-Wintersun-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-Kalmah-Skeletonwitch-Mago de Oz-LuciferianLightOrchestra-Scepticflesh
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon May 13, 2013 10:56 pm

Laura wrote:You've mentioned the Cardigans before and while I'd heard the name, I couldn't connect them with any familiar song until I youtubed them - and of course I know some of their hit songs like Lovefool. Never owned any of their recordings, but know at least some of their songs from the radio. I like the singer very much.

I love Nina's vocals too. Well, with me being a girlie metal weenie that's pretty obvious. :lol:
    My favourite album of theirs is Long Gone Before Dayllight, and the latest Super Extra Gravity is a close second. The music and lyrics are so dark and sad in seemingly happy pop music.
    An amazing song off SEG: Don't Blame Your Daughter

Every time they come to Finland it's always when I'm somewhere abroad or can't go for whatever reason. :cry:

Listening to The Cardigans at 5am dead drunk with Fredrik in Central Finland almost exactly a year ago is definitely one of my fondest memories.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Mon May 13, 2013 11:09 pm

would love to still catch

Judas Priest (with KK) not looking good for that and slimming down for Priest all together
    Scorpions - chances growing slimmer
    Deep Purple .... still touring (mach II would of been my dream show)
    Ritchie Blackmore - (Rainbow - probably not, Deep Purple reunion - slime to no, Blackmore's Night last resort) like the music but still probably won't see
    Led Zeppelin - rumors come and go ... mostly not likely (in their hey day would of been a dream)

have seen most of my others I wanted to see

oopppppps Blue Oyster Cult - with as many of the original they could still pull together ... hell whomever they still tour with :beerhorns: :cheers:

I'm sure there are others ....... most will never happen so I won't even mention them :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :viking: :beerhorns:
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue May 14, 2013 7:24 am

Yeah, I think I've crossed out all the bands I MUST see before I die... Maybe Saurom and Van Canto, but they haven't been to México yet. :cry:
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue May 14, 2013 7:34 am

Written in 2010!

viathyn wrote:I'm only down to a few now that I haven't seen..

ANGRA (Seeing them January 13th/14th in LA!!!!)
    Blind guardian (Fingers crossed. Headliner material.)
    Wintersun (Seriously. Winterfuckingsun. Get your act together Jari..)
    DTB (Doing ziltoid... please?)
    Symphony X (Skipped out on the calgary Gigantour date back in '05 GRRRR)
    Wuthering Heights (Though I hear they kind of suck live.. Erik Ravn is a fantastic songwriter)

Since then, I've seen:

Angra - 3 times
    Blind Guardian - 3 times
    Devin Townsend Project - 5 times
    Wintersun - 1 time
    Symphony x - 1 time

NOT BAD!
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue May 14, 2013 7:35 am

Now, I guess I can't see Wuthering Heights, or else I'll die.

haha
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed May 15, 2013 10:58 am

I've been lucky enough to have a few I'd long ago.given up on reunite, and I still have a good sized bucketlist, since I'm always discovering new music, as of now I would list:
    Gardenian
    Julie Laughs Nomore
    Ne Obliviscaris
    Kalmah
    Skyfire
    Between Earth & Sky
    Powerwolf
    Lake Of Tears
    Bolt Thrower
    Sacrifice
    Nightfall
    Eternal Tears Of Sorrow
    Night In Gales
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Wed May 15, 2013 12:01 pm

Memnoch wrote:
    Laura wrote:You've mentioned the Cardigans before and while I'd heard the name, I couldn't connect them with any familiar song until I youtubed them - and of course I know some of their hit songs like Lovefool. Never owned any of their recordings, but know at least some of their songs from the radio. I like the singer very much.

I love Nina's vocals too. Well, with me being a girlie metal weenie that's pretty obvious. :lol:
    My favourite album of theirs is Long Gone Before Dayllight, and the latest Super Extra Gravity is a close second. The music and lyrics are so dark and sad in seemingly happy pop music.
    An amazing song off SEG: Don't Blame Your Daughter

seen'em live :P
    my favorite song: Please Sister
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:43 am

I've seen almost any, but I will say that since 70k 2012 and 2013 my list has greatly changed. Right now my bands to see before I die list is looking like this:

Artillery
    Holy Moses
    Running Wild
    The Crown
    Laaz Rockit
    Dark Angel (doubt this one is even possible)
    Razor
    Sacrifice
    Intruder
    At War
    Nasty Savage (will probably never happen)
    Attacker
    Sodom
    Emperor (practically impossible at this point, but at least I've seen Zyklon and Ihsahn)
    Death (to all)
    Running Wild

The list goes on and on. Looks like I'll be alive and kicking for some time. :D
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:07 am

Lots of Melodic Death on this list

Hypocrisy
    Kalmah
    Insomnium
    Omnium Gatherum
    Mors Principium Est
    Equilibrium
    Pagan's Mind
    Kiuas
    Orden Ogan
    Beyond Creation
    Death To All
    Dio Disciples
    ANYTHING Tony Iommi
    Rammstein
    Powerwolf
    Aether Realm
    Cynic
    Ne Obliviscaris
    Borknagar

That's just off the top of my head, I'm sure there's more. I'm probably gonna have to travel for a lot of those though.
    Last edited by Stained Class on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:44 am

Agathodaimon
    Ahab
    Antimatter
    Arcturus
    Avantasia
    Battlelore
    Borknagar
    Carcass
    Crematory
    Doom:VS
    Draconian
    Eternal Tears of Sorrow
    Evoken
    Forgotten Tomb
    Immortal
    Kalmah
    Mournful Congregation
    My Shameful
    October Tide
    Pantheist
    Poisonblack
    Remembrance
    Runemagick
    Saturnus
    Shape of Despair
    Skepticism
    Solitude Aeturnus
    Wintersun

I feel like I've been fortunate enough to see a fair number of bands I never thought I'd see, primarily because of the cruises. But, there are definitely a number of bands I've seen only once, possibly twice, that I would love to see again. I'm sure we all have that sentiment though.
    13-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    AeonianSorrow-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Arð-/-Avantasia-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Clouds-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-FatesWarning-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Godthrymm-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Konvent-/-Krypts-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-LightFieldReverie-/-Loss-/-TheManEatingTree-/-MarianasRest-/-Monolithe-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Primordial-/-RedMoonArchitect-/-Remembrance-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saille-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-Sojourner-/-Strigoi-/-TempleOfVoid-/-TombOfFinland-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-Winterfylleth-/-WoeUntoMe-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-/-Wormwood

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Bloodbath-/-Candlemass-/-DeathAngel-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-InVain-/-Kalmah-/-Kampfar-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-ParadiseLost-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing-/-Tiamat-/-Vreid
    Amyphis
    Petty Officer

by Amyphis » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:15 pm

Ahab and Wine From Tears. And Saturnus again.
    SWALLOW THE SUN, RAPTURE, AHAB, SATURNUS, DRACONIAN, KATATONIA, ESOTERIC, ISOLE, DAYLIGHT DIES, INSOMNIUM, AMORPHIS, GHOST BATH, HARAKIRI FOR THE SKY, OCEANS OF SLUMBER, EVERGREY

2012: 5578 2018: 7624
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016: 7320
    2017: 7624
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:31 pm

WITHIN TEMPTATION definitely. They are a mere shadow of the band they were 10 years ago which makes me sad :( But I still have to see them live someday.

VAN CANTO. Love them to bits, doubt they will ever tour Australia. Gotta see them some way.

TAROT. Marco has such a voice....

Interestingly, I've been using Last.fm to aggregate my listening data for over six years now, and out of the 150,000 aggregated tracks I've listened to these are the top 20 bands, and how many times I've got to see them live. I've done pretty well (and a lot of it is thanks to 70000 Tons of Metal :beerhorns:)!!

4 - Epica
    0 - Within Temptation
    13 - Nightwish
    6 - Sabaton
    1 - Magnum
    3 - Iced Earth
    4 - Lacuna Coil
    3 - Dark Tranquillity
    6 - Blind Guardian
    3 - Kamelot
    1 - Leaves' Eyes
    0 - Van Canto
    4 - Dragonforce
    2 - Therion
    2 - Stratovarius
    0 - Relient K
    2 - Edguy
    0 - Tarot
    3 - Sonata Arctica
    3 - Eluveitie
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:47 pm

Bloodbath for sure. Especially Akerfeldt Bloodbath.
    Avantasia
    Chthonic

Small list so far
  • lampropelma
    Chief Petty Officer

by lampropelma » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:45 am

Rose Tattoo, Hope to see them when I will go to Australia for holidays in 2015.

Loudness and Aerosmith
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:43 am

Now you got me curious to see how my experience lines up with what Last.fm deems are my current top 20...

Type O Negative - 4
    Graveworm - 1
    Amon Amarth - 5 (6?, honestly can't remember...)
    My Dying Bride - 2
    Katatonia - 4
    Bathory - 0 (would Twilight of the Gods count?)
    Draconian - 0
    Swallow The Sun - 5
    Agalloch - 2
    Saturnus - 0
    Moonsorrow - 4
    Enslaved - 7
    Dark Tranquillity - 6
    Amorphis - 2
    Bal-Sagoth - 1
    Hypocrisy - 1
    Eternal Tears of Sorrow - 0
    Funeral - 0

I guess that's no too bad overall. All the bands I've seen 0 or 1 times are on my wishlist (except for Bathory, of course).

cowboy71 wrote:WITHIN TEMPTATION definitely. They are a mere shadow of the band they were 10 years ago which makes me sad :( But I still have to see them live someday.

VAN CANTO. Love them to bits, doubt they will ever tour Australia. Gotta see them some way.

TAROT. Marco has such a voice....

Interestingly, I've been using Last.fm to aggregate my listening data for over six years now, and out of the 150,000 aggregated tracks I've listened to these are the top 20 bands, and how many times I've got to see them live. I've done pretty well (and a lot of it is thanks to 70000 Tons of Metal :beerhorns:)!!

4 - Epica
    0 - Within Temptation
    13 - Nightwish
    6 - Sabaton
    1 - Magnum
    3 - Iced Earth
    4 - Lacuna Coil
    3 - Dark Tranquillity
    6 - Blind Guardian
    3 - Kamelot
    1 - Leaves' Eyes
    0 - Van Canto
    4 - Dragonforce
    2 - Therion
    2 - Stratovarius
    0 - Relient K
    2 - Edguy
    0 - Tarot
    3 - Sonata Arctica
    3 - Eluveitie
    13-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    AeonianSorrow-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Arð-/-Avantasia-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Clouds-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-FatesWarning-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Godthrymm-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Konvent-/-Krypts-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-LightFieldReverie-/-Loss-/-TheManEatingTree-/-MarianasRest-/-Monolithe-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Primordial-/-RedMoonArchitect-/-Remembrance-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saille-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-Sojourner-/-Strigoi-/-TempleOfVoid-/-TombOfFinland-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-Winterfylleth-/-WoeUntoMe-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-/-Wormwood

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Bloodbath-/-Candlemass-/-DeathAngel-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-InVain-/-Kalmah-/-Kampfar-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-ParadiseLost-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing-/-Tiamat-/-Vreid
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:10 am

After this past weekend (Tuska Festival) I can cross King Diamond off my list.
    Only Twisted Sister remains on my personal "living legends" list.
    W.A.S.P. would make the list if Blackie regained his sanity and started playing Animal (fuck like a beast) again.

Other than Twisted Sister, the next closest things to a MUST see for me would be would be Sacrifice, Entrails, Anything with Dan Swano in it, and possibly The Crown. I guess if Dismember ever got back together, they'd be a must see as well since I missed their last tour of the US.
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:57 am

Dismember actually toured the U.S.? I remember they were supposed to come around in the end of 2006, but they cancelled the whole tour (don't thinkthey even made it in the country) days before the show. Never even heard of them coming in this country after that. Did I miss something?

Oh Yeah, Twisted Sister is definitely on my list. I keep forgetting to put them on my list which is just plain wrong. Damn shame how they always get labelled "glam." Sounds like pure metal to me.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:59 am

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:Dismember actually toured the U.S.? I remember they were supposed to come around in the end of 2006, but they cancelled the whole tour (don't thinkthey even made it in the country) days before the show. Never even heard of them coming in this country after that. Did I miss something?

Dismember played a one off at the BW&BK festival in 2004. They did tour the US in the fall of 2006 with Vital Remains, Grave, Demericous & Withered. I went to the local stop for the tour. Glad I was able to catch them twice.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:11 am

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:...Oh Yeah, Twisted Sister is definitely on my list. I keep forgetting to put them on my list which is just plain wrong. Damn shame how they always get labelled "glam." Sounds like pure metal to me.

Bentz! wrote:After this past weekend (Tuska Festival) I can cross King Diamond off my list.
    Only Twisted Sister remains on my personal "living legends" list.
    W.A.S.P. would make the list if Blackie regained his sanity and started playing Animal (fuck like a beast) again.

I have seen Twisted Sister twice. One regular show & once on their tour for the Christmas album. Half Christmas songs, half regular songs. Was interesting.

Ryan, check out the Thursday night lineup. Road trip? :twisted: http://www.rockusaoshkosh.com/lineup.cfm

Bentz! wrote:Other than Twisted Sister, the next closest things to a MUST see for me would be would be Sacrifice, Entrails, Anything with Dan Swano in it, and possibly The Crown. I guess if Dismember ever got back together, they'd be a must see as well since I missed their last tour of the US.

I saw The Crown in 2002 when they did a quick cross-country tour. At that time, they had Tomas Lindberg doing the vocals. I would like a chance to see them with Johan Lindstrand.
    Last edited by Sgt. B on Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:34 pm

I got to see The Crown on that tour too... it was awesome, but probably the smallest turnout I've ever seen for a show at The Palladium in Worcester, MA
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:10 pm

Getting really jealous of you guys who have actually seen The Crown and Twisted Sister. Glad to hear that neither of those bands are dissapointing you guys. :mrgreen:
    Castroh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Castroh » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:45 am

Kalmah & Be'lakor. There are plenty more but those two are on the top of my list.
    2012 - 2020 Survivor
    2023 - Booked!
  • Jebus_Cripes
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jebus_Cripes » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:12 pm

Castroh wrote:Kalmah & Be'lakor. There are plenty more but those two are on the top of my list.

Same. Insomnium would be nice as well.
    2014 WL: Kalmah\Dark Tranquillity\Amon Amarth\Blind Guardian\Insomnium\At the Gates\Before the Dawn\Be'Lakor\Dark Age\Omnium Gatherum\Hypocrisy\Suidakra\Scar Symmetry\Skyfire\Gojira\Ghost\Swallow the Sun\Wintersun\Gardenian\Immortal\Rotting Christ
    Castroh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Castroh » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:07 pm

Jebus_Cripes wrote:
    Castroh wrote:Kalmah & Be'lakor. There are plenty more but those two are on the top of my list.

Same. Insomnium would be nice as well.

They would be number 3 on my list but I got to see them last year. Their set was way too short though, I'd love to see them again.
    2012 - 2020 Survivor
    2023 - Booked!
  • kissman
    Oiler

by kissman » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:14 pm

I would love to see King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Accept and Venom! :shred:
    "Rock and Roll it's my religion and my law...won't ever change, may think it's strange, I'm Born to Rock and Roll, I'm here to stay " - Ozzy Osbourne