Post Reply 26 posts Page 1 of 1
Megacruise 2019 discussion thread
  • Donutsauce
    Crewman

Megacruise 2019 discussion thread

by Donutsauce » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:14 am

Thought this could be a place to discuss Megacruise 2019 (unless there's already a thread I missed). I think at least a few forum users are going and there are so many knowledgeable metal folks here. This has been such a helpful place for 70k, hopefully we can help each other make the most of Megacruise 2019!
    (I know they have a Facebook but I'm not on FB much)

Feb 1 announcement:
    Queensrÿche
    Sacred Reich
    TOOTHGRINDER
  • Donutsauce
    Crewman

Re: Megacruise 2019 discussion thread

by Donutsauce » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:41 am

Malaka wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:44 pm I thought this thread got deleted, but it was buried under a bunch of necroposts. :lol:
    Megacruise is certainly easier for me to attend, being only a 6 hour drive from LA, and it departs on our 6th wedding anniversary.
    I would love to see an Anthrax/John Bush reunion of some sorts, with Armored Saint onbroad too.
    And the boat would probably resemble Majesty.
    But it's not Royal Caribbean, and the ship doesn't really travel too far out in the ocean. Some of the magic of 70K is sailing where you can't see land. Minor gripe, and I'm sure it will be a great time for those who are going.
    Now if only they would book Rotting Christ and Immortal, I'd be going for sure. :bmhorns:
    Yeah I figure it'd get more attention if I crossposted somewhere on The Bridge or something. I was planning to post when there's announcements and stuff to keep it alive at least. Maybe people will see eventually.

Post-cruise opinions could be a positive thing for 70k with ideas for improvements/changes or whatever, so just seems like a good thread to keep around.

One thing's for sure at this point: The ship need some more bands!
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:59 am

I feel it would be a great oppurtunity to go on a MEGADETH cruise !!!!!!!!
    They are in my top 10 all time bands ! :D
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:20 am

Megadeth are one of my few lifetimes bands. I'd love to go there, but I was 2 weeks on La Gomera this month. In Summer I go for 2 weeks to Slovenia. Of course I'm at Metaldays. Therefor I haven't enough holidays this year. Also is a question of money, if I want to be on 70000 tons next year.
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:05 pm

Taking in account the finances I figured I cannot afford the Megadeth cruise and the 70000 tons , I am leaning towards trying to go on 70000 tons only ! :shred:
    I saw Megadeth in 2016 , and they were great !
  • Donutsauce
    Crewman

by Donutsauce » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:43 am

Thought this was an interesting quote from Mustaine.
    What sail had they signed on for?

"Asked how the idea for the Megacruise came about, Mustaine said: “I wasn’t really into the cruise thing at all, to be honest, in the beginning, when we were approached with it. We had a sail that we had signed on for, and for whatever reason, it didn’t happen"

http://www.heavy-metal.it/dave-mustaine ... hing-ever/
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:16 am

They were booked to play the Moterhead cruise back in 2015 but cancelled.

Donutsauce wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:43 am Thought this was an interesting quote from Mustaine.
    What sail had they signed on for?

"Asked how the idea for the Megacruise came about, Mustaine said: “I wasn’t really into the cruise thing at all, to be honest, in the beginning, when we were approached with it. We had a sail that we had signed on for, and for whatever reason, it didn’t happen"

http://www.heavy-metal.it/dave-mustaine ... hing-ever/
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:02 am

definitely not able to go, but I actually am pretty impressed by the lineup and I'd go if I were able to
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • Donutsauce
    Crewman

by Donutsauce » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:20 am

March 20 announcement:
    MecaniX - Tribute To Megadeth
    Death Angel
    Suicidal Tendencies
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:47 am

Personally, I wouldn't book a cruise in October since it's right in the middle of hurricane season.
  • Donutsauce
    Crewman

by Donutsauce » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:02 am

meshuggah wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:47 am Personally, I wouldn't book a cruise in October since it's right in the middle of hurricane season.
    It's out of Los Angeles, California.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:23 am

meshuggah wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:47 am Personally, I wouldn't book a cruise in October since it's right in the middle of hurricane season.
    Actually it's a great time to book a cruise. Prices are relatively low because it's hurricane season and most kids are In school so the ship isn't overrun with 'em. :lol:
    I book my friends and I on our "regular" cruise during October every year -- $110/night for a 7-night cruise, including pre-paid gratuities this year -- and we haven't been rerouted due to a hurricane yet. We had a close call two years ago when we happened to book a Western Caribbean itinerary (Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios) that year and a hurricane affected the Eastern Caribbean, but all we experienced was a REALLY busy day in Coz, with 9 or 10 ships in port due to rerouting. The upcoming October cruise will be my 15th overall.

In any event, hurricanes shouldn't affect DaveCruise much since it's on a Pacific itinerary, although it's not impossible to have a close call with a Pacific Basin hurricane or some heavier seas.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:57 pm

Donutsauce wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:02 am
    My bad.
  • Donutsauce
    Crewman

by Donutsauce » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:21 pm

meshuggah wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:57 pm
    Donutsauce wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:02 am
    My bad.
    No prob.

Earth is a big big ball.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:07 pm

Lineup wise, it would be a no-brainer for me to go on the DaveCruise (love that haha) as it's like a who's who of so many of my fave bands. Luckily for me, and thanks largely to some great promoters in Vancouver and Seattle, I've seen any band involved that would have been considered a bucket list band for me a decade ago. The only band confirmed that I'll really regret missing is the modern era Queensryche as they haven't made their way up here in ages so it's been about 30 years since I sow them perform live.

I'm hoping to get to a festival in Pittsburgh in September to see the mighty Argus and then hopefully the 10th sailing of 70K if Andy can reel me in with some great early announcements. Those 2 trips pretty much kill my travel budget for the next year since I recently bought a new drum kit and a bunch of other shit and was 'supposed' to be saving money this year haha.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:44 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:07 pm I'm hoping to get to a festival in Pittsburgh in September to see the mighty Argus and then hopefully the 10th sailing of 70K if Andy can reel me in with some great early announcements.
    Good call on both. I saw Argus here several years back and they were really good.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
  • Donutsauce
    Crewman

by Donutsauce » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:53 pm

https://metalinjection.net/shocking-rev ... oat-cancer

"The 2019 Megacruise will happen, and the band will be a part of it in some form."

Well at least there's the MechaniX tribute band?

Throat cancer. Sucks.
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:54 pm

Best of health and recovery to Dave Mustaine ! :wank:
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:26 pm

So, who was there? Any feedback?
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:36 am

Godflesh wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:26 pm So, who was there? Any feedback?
    Trying to figure out why they had a band perform on their pool-deck stage while they were docked in San Diego.
    The San Diego PD shut the show down. :shock:

Despite a "light" schedule, people were wondering why bands' sets were still scheduled to overlap.

They were giving away cheap rooms like candy toward the end as contest prizes, so I'm curious to know what the final attendance looked like.
    2025 Wishlist:
    JoAnnamayhem
    Petty Officer

by JoAnnamayhem » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:27 pm

My boyfriend and I both won a cabin each. We gave one of the cabins to a friend and we shared the other.

It was very mellow, laid back and relaxing. I managed to relax in the hot tubs and swim in the pool quite often. The food and cabins were far superior but the boat overall was nothing like our Independence.

I did not like how bands were booked during days at port, and some bands played the same venues more then once. We also we at port in San Diego from 8am to 1am, I rented a car and explored the city and surrounding areas.

There was no meet and greet, just a quick photo and you were shooed off.

I loved it, imagine 70k but with allot less people, more down time and way more options for food.

Also I was able to get so much liquor on board using Listerine bottles.

I would attend again next year
    2018 - 9318
    2019 - 9222
    2020 - Home with my newborn!
    2023 - 7698
    SavaRon
    Crewman

by SavaRon » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:44 am

We were on it and we paid to get on. Overall it was pretty good, but with some big issues with the scheduling.

The Good:

-The boat was better. Smaller, easier to get around, pool deck was wide open except for a big gazebo that block the view from the bar on the second deck. Cabins were nicer and the food was better. Super easy to embark and disembark.
    -The sound was excellent for every show we saw.
    -The theater was a little small so everybody couldn't get in there but it was nice. They didn't remove any seating in front, so no mosh pits or crowd surfing.
    -Spinnaker lounge would be equivalent to the pyramid I guess. A little bigger and a little more head room. You could see from the back which was nice.
    -Q&As with the bands were pretty cool.
    -All star jam was good as well.
    -Most of the bands were super cool and walking around.
    -Pre-party with Armored Saint and UFO was awesome. Nice venue. Great sound agian.
    -Met some great people.

Bad or needs improvement:

-The scheduling was ridiculous. Huge gaps with nothing going on and then bands overlapping. Death Angel, Overkill, and Metal Church all playing at the same time. WTF?
    -No music sometimes at all.
    -Scheduling stuff while in port. Right in the middle of the day too. Not early or late. We wanted to go to San Diego zoo, but they had one of the photo ops around 1 which sucked. Try to get up early and go or wait until after and go. We waited and then had to run through the zoo in about 3 hours and get back. Kind of sucked.
    -Having John 5 play on the pool deck in San Diego and get shut down because the noise ordinance. You would think somebody checked into that. Amazingly they moved him to an inside venue and he continued to play. Kudos to him and the crew for doing that fast.
    Artists not on board the entire trip. John 5 was only there while in San Diego because he gets seasick. Lamb of God did not get on until we were in Mexico.
    -Having Queensryche play when still at port in Mexico on the pool deck and having their sound cut out 3 times while the captain made announcements when getting ready to leave port. Queensryche handed it like professionals though and kept going.
    -The ports were weird. San Diego was nice, but like 100 miles from LA. Then Ensanada was another 100 miles. The captain was literally driving around in circles. Would have been nice to go down to Cabo or something. Or just go out of Florida. The weather was pretty shit too. Just cool, hardly anyone in the pool. Got windy and a little rain one day. That sucked because they had everyone waiting outside for one of the photo ops.
    -Photo ops were okay, but felt like you were at Disney meeting Mickey mouse. Pose, take picture next. Nothing organic about it. You could barely say Hello to each band member before the crew was telling you to move. Even if the bandmembers are trying to talk to you they would tell you to move along. I was telling Doro I saw her on the Megadeth/Sanctuary tour and she was trying to talk for a few seconds and we were told to move on. I get they have to move the line along, but it just felt staged and commercial. No signing anything there either.
    -The Karaoke guys were terrible. I guess it's part of an act, but they were beyond annoying after a little while. Yelling at each other and turning down the music and screaming "fuck you" and "alright" every minute sucked. I think they wanted it to be about them instead of people trying to sing. I just didn't get it and didn't go back after the 2nd day.

Overall we had a good time. Would I pay full price to go again...no. As much as I hate how 70000tons does the announcements and booking I think they are superior once on board. I do wish there was a happy medium. Having some time to sleep and eat was nice, but there was way to much downtime on Megacruise. We would get the adrenaline going during a show and want to see something else and then there was nothing. I think shows starting around Noon and ending by 2 would be great. Going from 10am-6 am just isn't possible for most people, including the crew.
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:00 am

SavaRon wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:44 am-The Karaoke guys were terrible. I guess it's part of an act, but they were beyond annoying after a little while. Yelling at each other and turning down the music and screaming "fuck you" and "alright" every minute sucked. I think they wanted it to be about them instead of people trying to sing. I just didn't get it and didn't go back after the 2nd day
    My take is that that's more about Brian than Izzy. It's a whole different vibe. Izzy seems to want to be more accommodating because he also has to run the Cruiser Jam and wants that to go well, so the karaoke people that crossover he tries to take care of, but Brian has his own schtick that comes across as dickish, and yeah, it seems that he focuses more on trying to get artists on the cruise to sing rather than trying to work in cruisers.
    Survivor 2019,2020,2023,2024/Wishlist...
    A.Sound.Of.Thunder/Accept/Ad.Infinitum/Aether.Realm/Alabama.Thunderpussy/Amaranthe/Anthrax/Arch.Enemy/Art.Of.Anarchy/At.The.Gates/Avantasia/Avatar/Burning.Witches/Cattle.Decapitation/Cemetery.Skyline/Corrosion.Of.Conformity/Crowbar/Dark.Tranquillity/Death.Angel/Death.Dealer.Union/Deathless.Legacy/Devin.Townsend/Dragony/Dream.Theater/Edguy/Elegant.Weapons/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Exhorder/Exodus/Fates.Warning/Goatwhore/Haken/Hammerfall/Havok/Helloween/Hellscore/Jinjer/Kerry.King/King.Diamond/King's.X/Kobra.and.the.Lotus/Lacuna.Coil/Mercyful.Fate/Meshuggah/Metal.Church/Moonspell/Mors.Principium.Est/Myrath/Napalm.Death/Ne.Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Northern.Kings/Opeth/Orphaned.Land/Overkill/Paradise.Lost/Persefone/Powerwolf/Queensryche/Rage/Raven/Ravenous.EH/Riot.V/Sabaton/Scardust/Scorched.Moon/Seven.Spires/SIGH/Skiltron/Solemn.Vision/Sonata.Arctica/Soto/Stratovarius/Subway.to.Sally/Suicidal.Tendencies/Svartsot/Symphony.X/Testament/The.Black.Dahlia.Murder/The.Hu/The.Unity/Tribunal/Trouble/Twilight.Force/Unleash.The.Archers/Van.Canto/Within.Temptation
    SavaRon
    Crewman

by SavaRon » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:18 pm

toby wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:00 am
    SavaRon wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:44 am-The Karaoke guys were terrible. I guess it's part of an act, but they were beyond annoying after a little while. Yelling at each other and turning down the music and screaming "fuck you" and "alright" every minute sucked. I think they wanted it to be about them instead of people trying to sing. I just didn't get it and didn't go back after the 2nd day
    My take is that that's more about Brian than Izzy. It's a whole different vibe. Izzy seems to want to be more accommodating because he also has to run the Cruiser Jam and wants that to go well, so the karaoke people that crossover he tries to take care of, but Brian has his own schtick that comes across as dickish, and yeah, it seems that he focuses more on trying to get artists on the cruise to sing rather than trying to work in cruisers.
    I have no problem with band members getting bumped in before cruisers. That's what most people want to see while they are there I think. We went the first night for a while and it was annoying. Went again during the gong show thing and it was better. I just don't get the turning down the music constantly and yelling in the mic. The same thing over and over. Either " fuck you" or " alright " . Didn't go back after that night. I guess people like it because they were defending him on Facebook, but we didn't care for it. It's a minor issue really. The big thing was the scheduling and bands that dropped out and didn't get replaced. Going out of LA is a deal breaker for us too now.
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:32 am

SavaRon wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:18 pmI have no problem with band members getting bumped in before cruisers. That's what most people want to see while they are there I think. We went the first night for a while and it was annoying. Went again during the gong show thing and it was better. I just don't get the turning down the music constantly and yelling in the mic. The same thing over and over. Either " fuck you" or " alright " . Didn't go back after that night. I guess people like it because they were defending him on Facebook, but we didn't care for it. It's a minor issue really. The big thing was the scheduling and bands that dropped out and didn't get replaced. Going out of LA is a deal breaker for us too now.
    I'm not talking about bumped in before here and there. That's not a big deal. I'm talking about excluding cruisers completely. I would be willing to bet that every single person who defended him was a MORC alumni (same company put on Megacruise). They've been doing karaoke there since 2013 or 2014. MORC cruisers get a little defensive. lol
    Survivor 2019,2020,2023,2024/Wishlist...
    A.Sound.Of.Thunder/Accept/Ad.Infinitum/Aether.Realm/Alabama.Thunderpussy/Amaranthe/Anthrax/Arch.Enemy/Art.Of.Anarchy/At.The.Gates/Avantasia/Avatar/Burning.Witches/Cattle.Decapitation/Cemetery.Skyline/Corrosion.Of.Conformity/Crowbar/Dark.Tranquillity/Death.Angel/Death.Dealer.Union/Deathless.Legacy/Devin.Townsend/Dragony/Dream.Theater/Edguy/Elegant.Weapons/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Exhorder/Exodus/Fates.Warning/Goatwhore/Haken/Hammerfall/Havok/Helloween/Hellscore/Jinjer/Kerry.King/King.Diamond/King's.X/Kobra.and.the.Lotus/Lacuna.Coil/Mercyful.Fate/Meshuggah/Metal.Church/Moonspell/Mors.Principium.Est/Myrath/Napalm.Death/Ne.Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Northern.Kings/Opeth/Orphaned.Land/Overkill/Paradise.Lost/Persefone/Powerwolf/Queensryche/Rage/Raven/Ravenous.EH/Riot.V/Sabaton/Scardust/Scorched.Moon/Seven.Spires/SIGH/Skiltron/Solemn.Vision/Sonata.Arctica/Soto/Stratovarius/Subway.to.Sally/Suicidal.Tendencies/Svartsot/Symphony.X/Testament/The.Black.Dahlia.Murder/The.Hu/The.Unity/Tribunal/Trouble/Twilight.Force/Unleash.The.Archers/Van.Canto/Within.Temptation
    SavaRon
    Crewman

by SavaRon » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:30 am

Everyone gets defensive about "their" cruise or festival. Saw it on Megacruise with MORC and Motorboat. Progpower people get defensive and even here on the 70000tons board. Everyone acts like that even if they have only been to one variation. 70000 is amazingly smooth once on board. A few problems with the pool stage once in awhile, but other wise it's pretty good.

I don't understand how the schedule was so fucked up on Megacruise. The promoter has been doing this a while. I do think Anthrax did not want to play the pool stage because it was pretty windy when they played 70000. The pool stage was way under utilized.
Post Reply 26 posts Page 1 of 1