Post Reply 42 posts
Dimmu Borgir 2010 - Abrahadabra and Tour
    Laura
    Commander

Dimmu Borgir 2010 - Abrahadabra and Tour

by Laura » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:41 am

Thought I’d start a thread in honor of Dimmu Borgir kicking off their European tour in Paris tonight (plus their NA tour tickets go on sale today). Looking forward to the American release of Abrahadabra. Gateways (both song and video) has really grown on me – love it! Also plan to be front and center on November 14th. Would love to hear reviews of any who are seeing one of their European shows.

November 05th Worcester, MA – The Palladium
    November 06th Albany, NY – Northern Lights
    November 07th Towson, MD – Recher Theater
    November 08th New York, NY – Terminal 5
    November 10th Atlanta, GA – The Masquerade
    November 12th Pittsburg, PA – Mr. Smalls
    November 13th Detroit, MI – Royal Oak Music Theatre
    November 14th Chicago, IL – House Of Blues
    November 15th Milwaukee, WI – The Rave
    November 16th Minneapolis, MN – Cabooze
    November 18th Calgary, AB – MacEwan Ballroom
    November 19th Edmonton, AB – Edmonton Events Center
    November 21st Vancouver, BC – Rickshaw Theater
    November 22nd Spokane, WA – The Knitting Factory
    November 23rd Portland, OR – Roseland Theatre
    November 24th Seattle, WA – Showbox SoDo
    November 26th Reno, NV – The Knitting Factory
    November 27th Pomona, CA – The Fox Theater
    November 28th San Francisco, CA – The Regency Grand Ballroom
    December 01st Tucson, AZ – Rialto Theater
    December 02nd Tempe, AZ – Marquee Theatre
    December 03rd Albuquerque, NM – Sunshine Theatre
    December 04th Englewood, CO – Gothic Theater
    December 06th Dallas, TX – House Of Blues
    December 07th Houston, TX – House Of BLues
    December 09th Columbus, OH – Newport Music Hall
    December 10th Philadelphia, PA – Electric Factory
    December 11th Buffalo, NY – Town Ballroom
    December 12th Toronto, ON – Sound Academy
    December 13th Montreal, QC – Metropolis
    December 14th Quebec City, QC – Imperial

2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    asmegin
    Midshipman

Re: Dimmu Borgir 2010 - Abrahadabra and Tour

by asmegin » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:08 am

I may have to go see them in Dallas.
    Cabin # 6072
    My band: www.myspace.com/colorofaum
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:34 am

Yeah...I saw this...but I'll be ion Texas w/FORBIDDEN on the 1st and 2nd of December......oh well...I'll have to catch them when they swing back through! :beerwink:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:51 pm

Isnt Vortex out of the band now, it wont be the same without the Giant Viking on stage. He added a lot to the band and had a really cool stage presence. Glad I got a chance to see them before he left and they had Hellhammer on the drums too.

Im not really a big Dimmu fan but the Chicago House of Blues is walking distance for me so I checked them out a few years back for the Hell of it and was pleasantly surprised.
    Last edited by BehnWilson on Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
    asmegin
    Midshipman

by asmegin » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:07 pm

BehnWilson wrote:Isnt Vortex out of the band now, it wont be the same without the Giant Viking in there. He adedd a lot to thae band and had a really cool stage presence. Glad i got a chance to see them before he left and they had Hellhammer on the drums too.

Im not really a big Dimmu fan but the Chicago House of Blues is walking distance for me so I checked them out a few years back for the Hell of it and was pleasantly surprised.

Vortex and the keyboardist left. They did bring in Snowy Shaw (Therion, Dream Evil) to be on bass/vocals but soon left after the announcement that he joined (confusing i know). So now they just have session players to take over.
    Cabin # 6072
    My band: www.myspace.com/colorofaum
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:24 pm

tyrwoman wrote:December 01st Tucson, AZ – Rialto Theater
    December 02nd Tempe, AZ – Marquee Theatre

Yep, I'll be there! :beerhorns:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:32 pm

I will be seeing Dimmu w/ Enslaved at the show on November 7th! Towson, MD is less than 15 minutes from me. Really the closest venue that real bands play at to me.

HAIL TO SHAGRATH!!! :metalguy: :death: :metalguy:

I will try to let you know the setlist.... though I am not as familiar with their older stuff, my friend going with me is. Dimmu and even more so Cradle are good Halloween Music!!! :D :D :D

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:51 am

Burzum is good Halloween music. I used to play that shit out the window on Halloween night... yeah, I had a LOT of candy after Halloween. It was awesome. :lol:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:59 am

SlaytanicE21 wrote:Burzum is good Halloween music. I used to play that shit out the window on Halloween night... yeah, I had a LOT of candy after Halloween. It was awesome. :lol:

Classic!
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:01 pm

I've already got my tickets for the Detroit show. More excited about Enslaved and Blood Red Throne than Dimmu Borgir, but I'm still glad to see Dimmu Borgir again.
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:20 pm

I'll be at Seattle's.
    I made the Devil do it.
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:46 pm

Bought my ticket for the Chicago show today - 28 bucks - what a bargain! Very stoked to see Enslaved as well. :beerhorns:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:21 pm

New album out today in the states! It can be noted that Dimmu Borgir "may have sold out," but DAMN, Abrahadabra is AWESOME!!!!!!!! Great album I must say! :death: :beerhorns: :twisted:
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:40 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote:New album out today in the states! It can be noted that Dimmu Borgir "may have sold out," but DAMN, Abrahadabra is AWESOME!!!!!!!! Great album I must say! :death: :beerhorns: :twisted:

awesome! Can't wait to buy this from iTunes tonight and listen (coming home from late shift 1-9) Speaking of Dimmu, their album Death Cult Armageddon was the first bm album I really got into - so Dimmu holds a special place in my metal heart :beerhorns:
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:20 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote:New album out today in the states! It can be noted that Dimmu Borgir "may have sold out," but DAMN, Abrahadabra is AWESOME!!!!!!!! Great album I must say! :death: :beerhorns: :twisted:

Sold Out? You mean like Metallica..... every show, every stage, every arena, every country. Sold out. :lol: :lol: :lol: :)

Vortex did have an awesome stage presence.... and everything I read in Shagrath's rant of firing Mustis and Vortex did make sense except for when he said Vortex basically had no stage presence.... that's completely wrong. As usually the case with these things... you almost never know the WHOLE story....... I am curious to see if they even perform his singing parts or not on all of their 'hits' that they usually play.... if so, will it suck by someone else? If anyone sees the show before me (Nov 7th) let the rest of us all know!

I still have to listen to Abrah more.... the last few before it were awesome.

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:06 am

Can't wait to go pick this up!!!
    I made the Devil do it.
    Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer

by Michaelage » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:17 am

i saw them at the beginning of this month woth korn for goths sake...

dimmu kicked ass... vortex vocals where on tape so it is still there...

about the concert... they got 45 mins and they kicked it in high gear and kicked the asses off all the kron fans there...

even my gf was like... dimmu was better then korn... and she doesn't like black metal:D

now on the other hand... ov hell will be preforming in rotterdam in 3 weeks:D (sadly without shagrath...)
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:42 am

Ktulured55 wrote:Sold Out? You mean like Metallica..... every show, every stage, every arena, every country. Sold out. :lol: :lol: :lol: :)

Vortex did have an awesome stage presence.... and everything I read in Shagrath's rant of firing Mustis and Vortex did make sense except for when he said Vortex basically had no stage presence.... that's completely wrong. As usually the case with these things... you almost never know the WHOLE story....... I am curious to see if they even perform his singing parts or not on all of their 'hits' that they usually play.... if so, will it suck by someone else? If anyone sees the show before me (Nov 7th) let the rest of us all know!

Well, not THAT kind of sold out :lol: ... but they're bigger than any other "black metal" band out there... and being "black metal" isn't about selling records, it's about producing the shittiest sound ever. But I still love Dimmu, and I don't care about their grimness... it's about the music, and they're very good at creating music that's listenable.

And as far as the whole "break-up" you're right... there are always THREE sides to the story. My side, your side, and the TRUTH. The truth will probably never be told... so be it. If I wanted that, I'd watch E True Hollywood Story more often, or some bullcrap. I've dealt with enough internal band strife in my life to not care about other bands' problems anymore. :P

And finally, I'm not too happy with the overdubs on live vocals. Is it that hard to find another singer? It's a live show... I shouldn't pay to listen to a performance on tape. F that. :evil: But HAIL Dimmu, I'll support them... and I'm really looking forward to ENSLAVED!!!!!
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:35 am

I love watching interviews with members of bands I Iike....this is one of my absolute favorites....an interview with Shagrath and SIlenoz from 2004 - they talk about everything from selling 1 million albums to Ozzfest to the origin of their stage names. Added plus - it's in Norwegian with subtitles - love hearing that language! :cool:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrc2OvxFmfw
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:41 am

SlaytanicE21 wrote:there are always THREE sides to the story. My side, your side, and the TRUTH.

Definitely one of my all time favourite expressions. So very true!

SlaytanicE21 wrote:And finally, I'm not too happy with the overdubs on live vocals. Is it that hard to find another singer? It's a live show... I shouldn't pay to listen to a performance on tape. F that. :evil:

The only thing that kept me from raving about the DTB show here last weekend. Way too many samples involved in the live mix. I'm okay with some keyboard backgrounds if you're a band who just doesn't work with a live keyboard player but there were lots of rather obvious guitar samples even with 2 guitarists on stage. Makes baby metal penguin weep and die just a little every time I experience that. :cry:

Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:07 am

Yeah, when the pre-recorded stuff is obvious and overdone it detracts from the whole "live" experience. For some bands (Orphaned Land, opening up on the recent Katatonia tour, for example) it's understandable due to the size of the band/tour and what it would take to do everything live.
    For a band of Dimmu Borgir's status, I find recorded vocals to be very disappointing.

Doesn't matter, though, I'm still going to the show, and I'm geeked to see Enslaved and Blood Red Throne.
    Enslaved are awesome live.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:09 am

Exactly, it would really have to be super bad overkill to keep me from attending a show of a band who's material I enjoy. It just sorta takes a bit away from the awe inspiring-ness of, "oh man! So-n-so is so freaking great live!"

viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:41 am

I loved having vortex in the band.... glad I saw them a few years back when he was still in Dimmu.
    However the new album is pretty cool! The video for gateways is nuts.. I hope they wear those costumes on stage. Apparently, in addition to vortex's vocals being part of the backing, they will be putting in the female vocals from abrahadabra in the backing mix as well.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:09 pm

Gateways vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jfon11JIRg&ob=av2e

It's funny to me. I'm not a huge black metal fan (although I like a lot) I generally think corpse paint looks stupid, I more often than not loathe the mixing of clean and dirty vocals so by rights, I should hate this band, but I LOVE Dimmu Borgir! Oddly enough, what first caught my attention for them was when first seeing the video for Progenies of the Great Apocalypse it was Shagrath's posture. (Yes, seriously, posture.) That guy is HOT! I was quickly a fan. :mrgreen:

I went and picked up the new album yesterday and have been playing it pretty much non-stop since. I love how huge and theatrical it sounds and yeah, for usually hating clean vocals in the mix, I'm already missing Vortex too. I saw them on tour for Death Cult Armageddon but was forced to miss the last album's tour, so I super excited to catch them in Seattle next month. I was blown away by them live. I hope with all the line-up changes they still have that come across, but somehow, I'm sure they it will. Fucking rad. I can't wait!!!
    I made the Devil do it.
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:47 pm

Evil Red wrote:Gateways vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jfon11JIRg&ob=av2e

It's funny to me. I'm not a huge black metal fan (although I like a lot) I generally think corpse paint looks stupid, I more often than not loathe the mixing of clean and dirty vocals so by rights, I should hate this band, but I LOVE Dimmu Borgir! Oddly enough, what first caught my attention for them was when first seeing the video for Progenies of the Great Apocalypse it was Shagrath's posture. (Yes, seriously, posture.) That guy is HOT! I was quickly a fan. :mrgreen:

I went and picked up the new album yesterday and have been playing it pretty much non-stop since. I love how huge and theatrical it sounds and yeah, for usually hating clean vocals in the mix, I'm already missing Vortex too. I saw them on tour for Death Cult Armageddon but was forced to miss the last album's tour, so I super excited to catch them in Seattle next month. I was blown away by them live. I hope with all the line-up changes they still have that come across, but somehow, I'm sure they it will. Fucking rad. I can't wait!!!

I love them too and I agree he is HOT! Their videos RULE!
    Although, Shagrath does one hell of a Popeye impersonation. :lol:
    2011 VORTEX COMES BACK WITH ARCTURUS AT PROGPOWER USA!!!! I am so there! :shred:
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Almanac-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Black.Fate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Edguy-/-Ex.Deo-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Impellitteri-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Extremo-/-Inglorious-/-Jorn-/-Juvaliant-/-Kotipelto-/-Lord-/-Marillion-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nightingale-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Persefone-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Primal.Fear-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Running.Wild-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Vintersorg-/-Vision.Divine-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warlord-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Zebra
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:54 pm

Goddess of Metal wrote:Although, Shagrath does one hell of a Popeye impersonation. :lol:
    :

Now THAT I HAVE to see. Got any links? :mrgreen:
    I made the Devil do it.
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:58 pm

Evil Red wrote:
    Goddess of Metal wrote:Although, Shagrath does one hell of a Popeye impersonation. :lol:
    :

I meant that his voice when singing at times is identical to Popeyes. I wish he would do a video. I would piss my pants laughing. :lol:
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Almanac-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Black.Fate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Edguy-/-Ex.Deo-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Impellitteri-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Extremo-/-Inglorious-/-Jorn-/-Juvaliant-/-Kotipelto-/-Lord-/-Marillion-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nightingale-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Persefone-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Primal.Fear-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Running.Wild-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Vintersorg-/-Vision.Divine-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warlord-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Zebra
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:03 pm

Goddess of Metal wrote:
    Evil Red wrote:
    :

I meant that his voice when singing at times is identical to Popeyes. I wish he would do a video. I would piss my pants laughing. :lol:

Oh HAHA! Actually, now that you mention it, I know EXACTLY which parts.

*suddenly hears the line: Entire Human Race with that tone* :mrgreen:
    I made the Devil do it.
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:04 pm

A.K.A Margie Metalho

2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:05 pm

Speaking of cartoon charactes, off topc a bit but I always thought the singer of this Woodstock era song Going To the Coutry sounded like Kermit The Frog. I posted a youtube link. Anyone else agree?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPDKmPjIDQo
    Last edited by BehnWilson on Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:08 pm

Goddess of Metal wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCYgRywdYfY

Hey Evil Red,

Found one! :lol:

OH MY GOD! I'm sitting here at work and just laughed so hard I just smeared my eyeliner everywhere. That is so my new favorite video! Fucking awesome. You rule!
    I made the Devil do it.
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:16 pm

Evil Red wrote:
    Goddess of Metal wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCYgRywdYfY

Hey Evil Red,

Found one! :lol:

OH MY GOD! I'm sitting here at work and just laughed so hard I just smeared my eyeliner everywhere. That is so my new favorite video! Fucking awesome. You rule!

Thanks... you inspired me to search for that gem! :D
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:28 pm

I've only listened to the new album all the way through 3 or 4 times so far (been focused on 1349 & Triptykon all week cuz of the gig tomorrow :beerhorns: ) , but in a word...,
    BRILLIANT!!!! I agree with what you said Evil Red - the sound is so EPIC - I think their use of an orchestra is the best yet. So cool that 3 entire songs (1st and the last 2) are pure classical music masterpieces - wow. This may become my fave DB release. :beerhorns:
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:58 pm

Yeah, the orchestra is especially amazing on this one. I should probally go back and listen to the last album again, but it didn't instantly catch my attention the way Death Cult Armageddon did so I'm VERY happy to strait fall in love with this one. \m/
    I made the Devil do it.
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:55 pm

Still hasn't left my cd player after 8 days, and it's now #2 on my albums of the year list. Such an epic album. :beerhorns:
    A Jewel Traced Through Coal is my favorite song so far... Track 8 for those who don't look at the cases. :twisted:
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:08 pm

I haven't listened to anything else since I've bought it either. \m/
    I made the Devil do it.
    Metal Heart
    Crewman

by Metal Heart » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:22 pm

Ill be at the SF show. has anyone else noticed its been a weak year as far as bands touring the states? 2011 will start off with a bang at least
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:14 pm

Metal Heart wrote:... has anyone else noticed its been a weak year as far as bands touring the states?

I guess it depends on what your personal tastes are, but for me 2010 has been great so far:
    Kreator, Overkill, Entombed, Hypocrisy, Soilwork, Vader, Katatonia, Death Angel, Slayer/Megadeth/Testament, Iron Maiden, to name a few have already come through my neck of the woods. Suffocation, Cattle Decapitation, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Nile, Psycroptic, Keep of Kalessin, Nevermore, Dimmu Borgir / Enslaved, Cannibal Corpse, Suicidal Tendancies, GWAR and Arsis are all coming before the end of the year.
    Last edited by Bentz! on Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:20 pm

Metal Heart wrote:Ill be at the SF show. has anyone else noticed its been a weak year as far as bands touring the states? 2011 will start off with a bang at least

Have to disagree with you on the weak year part - this has been one of my best gig years ever - since January I saw Anvil (yeah, Anvil!), Behemoth, Korpiklaani/Tyr/Swashbuckle, DRI, Epica, Orphaned Land, Goatwhore, Finntroll/Swallow the Sun/Moonsorrow, Kreator/Voivod, Amon Amarth/Eluveitie, Tyr (headline gig), Styx/Foreigner/Kansas, Dark Tranquillity, Slayer/Testament/Megadeth, Apocalyptica/Dir en Grey, Roger Waters The Wall, Rush (Moving Pictures 30 year anniversary!), Triptykon/1349....and the best for last: Dimmu and Enslaved in a few weeks! To boot, I had tix for a few other shows (Cannibal Corpse/1349, Arch Enemy, Hypocrisy, and Scorpions/MSG) - that I ended up not being able to go to, so I either sold or gave the tix away.

What a year it has been! :shred:

Scratch what I said first about 2010 being one of my best gig years ever...along with the Chicago shows above, there were another 25 bands at Wacken, as well as Ulver in Oslo....2010 has been my BEST gig year ever :D (and probably will never top)
    Metal Heart
    Crewman

by Metal Heart » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:20 pm

Have to disagree with you on the weak year part - this has been one of my best gig years ever - since January I saw Anvil (yeah, Anvil!), Behemoth, Korpiklaani/Tyr/Swashbuckle, DRI, Epica, Orphaned Land, Goatwhore, Finntroll/Swallow the Sun/Moonsorrow, Kreator/Voivod, Amon Amarth/Eluveitie, Tyr (headline gig), Styx/Foreigner/Kansas, Dark Tranquillity, Slayer/Testament/Megadeth, Apocalyptica/Dir en Grey, Roger Waters The Wall, Rush (Moving Pictures 30 year anniversary!), Triptykon/1349....and the best for last: Dimmu and Enslaved in a few weeks! To boot, I had tix for a few other shows (Cannibal Corpse/1349, Arch Enemy, Hypocrisy, and Scorpions/MSG) - that I ended up not being able to go to, so I either sold or gave the tix away.

What a year it has been!

ya I can see that. I guess for me I have seen some of those bands before multiple times recently (amon,kreator,eluveitie,tyr,testament,megadeath,moonsorrow,finntroll, korpiklaani, goatwhore ect) That doesn't mean the shows werent awesome! I also had a lot of fun at the nevermore and ensiferum shows. and some of those shows mentioned aren't really my style (epica, swallow the sun, swashbuckle, ect). But as I sit back and think maybe im only thinking about the last few months for me (I tend to forget things haha). I am looking forward to dimmu and then blind gaurdian. Sometimes it just seems like the same bands keep touring the states. Glad your year was awesome though.
Post Reply 42 posts