Post Reply 14579 posts
What are you listening to right now?
    Stained Class
    Commander

Re: What are you listening to right now?

by Stained Class » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:35 am

markku1 wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:
    markku1 wrote:Tuomas Holopainen and new band, nightwish keep many years break after this summer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuWlIIzwyoE

That's interesting. So he'll do that, Marco will do Tarot, Floor will do Revamp, do the other 2 have projects?

I'am pretty sure that emppu Was play Some erotic movie

LOL WHAT??
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    markku1
    Chief Petty Officer

by markku1 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:42 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuWlIIzwyoE[/quote]
    That's interesting. So he'll do that, Marco will do Tarot, Floor will do Revamp, do the other 2 have projects?[/quote]
    I'am pretty sure that emppu Was play Some erotic movie[/quote]
    LOL WHAT??[/quote]
    Jep :D :D :D
    markku1
    Chief Petty Officer

by markku1 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:52 am

• AlexB
    Oiler

by AlexB » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:53 am

Grief Of Emerald: quite a correct melodic black metal band, I have to say
    Aeon - Agalloch - ALGEBRA - Akercocke - Anaal Nathrakh – Centurian - CEREMONIAL OATH - Dawn Of Dreams - December Flower - Dodheimsgard – Gorguts – KING DIAMOND – MITHRAS – Sounds Of Fury – Terrorizer – The New Dominion – Therapy? – Thulcandra – Unanimated
  • strha
    Crewman

by strha » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:57 am

BTH-2012
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:47 pm

:shred:
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:39 pm

This has been on my "to listen to" list for awhile and I was reminded of it today because Disco guessed the bands I posted on offcourse (Argent & The Zombies!!).....and I remembered that both he & Drinkmoxie are big fans of this album. Anyway...it's fantastic! Never listened to this group before - the album is described as alternative, experimental, & psychedelic rock. The sampling of the Benedictine monks :cool: :P immediately made me think of the Gregorian chant samples in the song Sadeness from the album MCMXC a.D. by Enigma (an old fave of mine circa 1990-1991. The albums are somewhat different musically, but I like both very much.

One of the standout tracks on the V.A.S.T. album in my opinion: The Niles Edge http://youtu.be/xxuN-EMw4Tk

And here is Sadeness by Enigma: http://youtu.be/TFLRHPUWBI8 (had been a while since I listened to this! Still sounds great to me.)
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:51 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    markku1 wrote:Tuomas Holopainen and new band, nightwish keep many years break after this summer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuWlIIzwyoE

That's interesting. So he'll do that, Marco will do Tarot, Floor will do Revamp, do the other 2 have projects?

I don't think so, this video was uploaded on april and Tuomas alredy said he was writing something for his disney project and something for the next album of nightwish too
    Iced Earth-Avantasia-Ayreon-Nightwish-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Syrens Call-Epica-Satyricon-Powerwolf-Sonata Arctica-Tarot-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-LuciferianLightOrchestra
    DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:52 pm

Laura wrote:Ministry: Stigmata http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxaPj19VnRA

Thinking back on 2012, Ministry was another favorite gig. I enjoy and appreciate all of Ministry's discography, however, I think Al's best albums (my favorites anyway) were done in the 80s-early 90s (up through Psalm 69)

I love Psalm 69 :death:
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #5073 70K : 2011
    CABIN #2027 70K: 2012
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #2095 70K : 2013
    CABIN # NONE : 2014 :(
    CABIN #9669 70K: 2015
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:53 pm

AlexB wrote:Grief Of Emerald: quite a correct melodic black metal band, I have to say

Grief Of Emerald were pretty good!
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:54 pm

Laura wrote:Image

This has been on my "to listen to" list for awhile and I was reminded of it today because Disco guessed the bands I posted on offcourse (Argent & The Zombies!!).....and I remembered that both he & Drinkmoxie are big fans of this album. Anyway...it's fantastic! Never listened to this group before - the album is described as alternative, experimental, & psychedelic rock. The sampling of the Benedictine monks :cool: :P immediately made me think of the Gregorian chant samples in the song Sadeness from the album MCMXC a.D. by Enigma (an old fave of mine circa 1990-1991. The albums are somewhat different musically, but I like both very much.

One of the standout tracks on the V.A.S.T. album in my opinion: The Niles Edge http://youtu.be/xxuN-EMw4Tk

And here is Sadeness by Enigma: http://youtu.be/TFLRHPUWBI8 (had been a while since I listened to this! Still sounds great to me.)

took you long enough haha... this is one of the best albums out there, overall
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:08 pm

Iced Earth-Avantasia-Ayreon-Nightwish-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Syrens Call-Epica-Satyricon-Powerwolf-Sonata Arctica-Tarot-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-LuciferianLightOrchestra
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:55 pm

Orden Ogan, for the first time. Why didn't anyone tell me this band was rad?
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:00 am

alex_canada wrote:Orden Ogan, for the first time. Why didn't anyone tell me this band was rad?

:lol: A handful of us were raving about that band a while ago!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:22 am

The new Helloween CD - Straight Out of Hell

:3drunks:
    :shred:
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:47 am

Bathory - Hammerheart

:viking: :viking: :viking:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • AlexB
    Oiler

by AlexB » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:03 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    AlexB wrote:Grief Of Emerald: quite a correct melodic black metal band, I have to say

Were, as in they do not exist anymore?

Right now, the first Septic Flesh LP, and I must say, a really solid one, wonder how I could have missed it
    Aeon - Agalloch - ALGEBRA - Akercocke - Anaal Nathrakh – Centurian - CEREMONIAL OATH - Dawn Of Dreams - December Flower - Dodheimsgard – Gorguts – KING DIAMOND – MITHRAS – Sounds Of Fury – Terrorizer – The New Dominion – Therapy? – Thulcandra – Unanimated
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:37 am

AlexB wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:

Were, as in they do not exist anymore?

Right now, the first Septic Flesh LP, and I must say, a really solid one, wonder how I could have missed it

they're still active, I just haven't heard anything since around 2000

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:19 am

@ Bill - haha, yes - it did take me awhile to get to V.A.S.T. ;)
    @ Diane - Psalm 69! :mrgreen: :beerbang:

and now for something completely different....and for fellow fans of sappy love songs :P ;) (and yes, I've loved this song for a long time)
    Foreigner: I Want to Know What Love Is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNOPyUdLZPk
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:51 am

Laura wrote:@ Bill - haha, yes - it did take me awhile to get to V.A.S.T. ;)
    @ Diane - Psalm 69! :mrgreen: :beerbang:

and now for something completely different....and for fellow fans of sappy love songs :P ;) (and yes, I've loved this song for a long time)
    Foreigner: I Want to Know What Love Is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNOPyUdLZPk

told ya you'd love it!

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:52 am

Memnoch wrote:
    strha wrote:Darkthrone - Leave No Cross Unturned (from The Underground Resistance). I like it!
    https://soundcloud.com/peaceville/darkthrone-leave-no-cross

Darkthrone, go home you're drunk!

That. Was. Unbelievably. Bad.

I'm actually digging the direction that Darkthrone has been on for the past few albums.

Maybe the reason why we haven't had an announcement in a while is because Andy is convincing Fenriz and N.C. to play the boat. :smoking: :lol:
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:31 am

Kreator – Demon Prince

awesome song :shred: :wank:
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:06 am

Wuthering Heights - Faith (Apathy Divine Part I)
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:40 am

Lacuna Coil - Dark Adrenaline
    Wishlist:
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:02 pm

Pink Floyd - Echoes.

The greatest song ever written...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KMpZaEF6g0
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:47 am

Sinister - Cross the Styx
    :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal:
    Wishlist:
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:11 am

Immolation - Majesty and Decay
    Wishlist:
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:41 am

Immolation - Dawn of Possession
    Wishlist:
    Empire
    Crewman

by Empire » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:29 am

Sabaton~ Primo victoria
    from the beginning to the end
    play it loud!
    2011: missed, 2012 - 2019: survived 2020: SOON
  • strha
    Crewman

by strha » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:32 am

BTH-2012
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:37 am

9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:02 am

https://www.facebook.com/musicofchon#!/ ... 8091127385
    Just found this band called Chon. Amazing stuff!!!!!!!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:14 pm

vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:13 pm

Einherjer - Blot
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:52 pm

strha wrote:Darkthrone - Leave No Cross Unturned (from The Underground Resistance). I like it!
    https://soundcloud.com/peaceville/darkthrone-leave-no-cross

Finally listened to this and at first I was like :shock: ...this is Darkthrone?? But, haha - the only Darkthrone album I own and know well is Blaze in the Northern Sky from 21 years ago. Yeah, I know - I'm a big black metal fan (albeit a relatively recent one) and have since travelled twice to your country in part because of this ;) , yet I am only familiar with one Darkthrone album. :P For some reason I haven't done a thorough listening to this band, as I have most of the other influential black metal bands - their entire discography is on my (to listen to) list however....and I will get to it eventually. (with this new one, The Underground Resistance, that will be 15 studio albums to their credit in all so I've read)

Anyway...what threw me at first listen of the song you posted was the first part in particular that sounds speed metal-ish to me, plus the vocals are so different with some vibrato to boot! Starting at around the 2:50 mark though, it sounds a bit more like the Darkthrone of Blaze in the Northern Sky which I like very much.

I've recently been listening quite a bit to Satyricon (as I have many times before), and they still remain one of my favorite Norwegian bands.

Np: Image
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:39 pm

Lacuna Coil - Comalies
    Wishlist:
  • AlexB
    Oiler

by AlexB » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:48 am

Bad Religion - True North (2013)
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:16 am

Immolation - Here in After
    Wishlist:
  • strha
    Crewman

by strha » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:35 am

Laura wrote:

Darkthrone - Leave No Cross Unturned (from The Underground Resistance). I like it!
    https://soundcloud.com/peaceville/darkt ... e-no-cross

Finally listened to this and at first I was like ...this is Darkthrone?? But, haha - the only Darkthrone album I own and know well is Blaze in the Northern Sky from 21 years ago. Yeah, I know - I'm a big black metal fan (albeit a relatively recent one) and have since travelled twice to your country in part because of this , yet I am only familiar with one Darkthrone album. For some reason I haven't done a thorough listening to this band, as I have most of the other influential black metal bands - their entire discography is on my (to listen to) list however....and I will get to it eventually. (with this new one, The Underground Resistance, that will be 15 studio albums to their credit in all so I've read)

Anyway...what threw me at first listen of the song you posted was the first part in particular that sounds speed metal-ish to me, plus the vocals are so different with some vibrato to boot! Starting at around the 2:50 mark though, it sounds a bit more like the Darkthrone of Blaze in the Northern Sky which I like very much.

I've recently been listening quite a bit to Satyricon (as I have many times before), and they still remain one of my favorite Norwegian bands.

I agree that this new Darkthrone song did not sound as expected when I played it the first time. But I really like it. Todays Darkthrone is totally different from the Black Metal days. I think the band has released superb albums both in their BM-days, and later on when they changed their sound substantially. They have always been brave enough to play just the music they want to play. I remeber that Fenriz one time said (roughly translated) that Darkthrone is not for the people who always needs their desert, but for people that will do with the main course.

If you are looking for some new BM I will highly recommend the new Koldbrann album named "Vertigo". You'll find it on Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/album/3EmCWSy0dgD6pDaWGXDQ67
    BTH-2012
    Empire
    Crewman

by Empire » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:50 am

Helloween - Straight out of hell
    1st time
    2011: missed, 2012 - 2019: survived 2020: SOON
  • Post Reply 14579 posts