Post Reply 16292 posts
What are you listening to right now?
    Stained Class
    Commander

Re: What are you listening to right now?

by Stained Class » Wed May 15, 2013 6:50 am

My buddy (and 3 time cabinmate) Tyler and his band Dead Asylum just finished recording their first album and they posted 2 songs. They sound fuckin amazing!!

http://soundcloud.com/dead-asylum/machines
    http://soundcloud.com/dead-asylum/payable-in-blood

He's the guy second from the right, I know a few of you met him.

9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed May 15, 2013 7:12 am

:lol: Yeah he has boobs too. A lot of people think he's a girl! Weird :?
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed May 15, 2013 8:07 am

gnoff_the_creep wrote:boobs don't make the man, the beard does!

Everyone know no girls can be in a metal band, so anyone looking a girl in a metal band is just a beardless dude. Even if they have boobs...

Like this guy?

9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed May 15, 2013 9:27 am

TesseracT: Altered States (release date end of May but here's a youtube of the whole thing: http://youtu.be/rmR0gkojHDs )
    :shock:
    Wow - this is really great - thanks rwalters for the heads up on this band! I was so progged out (in a good way) last week seeing live and listening to huge prog faves of mine - Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree, Riverside, and Pain of Salvation (and Opeth would have been the 4th had I been able to make last Saturday's gig)....and I got to thinking how obsessive I've been about these bands for many years now and know every note of their music by heart (and never tire of it). But, how great to hear a new (to me) band who appeals to me on very much the same level...and it is all new. And Ashe O'Hara's voice is fantastic - nearly up there with Akerfeldt & Gildenlow. Will add this band to my future priority "to see" list for sure.

Edit: take back what I said about comparing Ashe's voice ("nearly up there") to Akerfeldt (clean voice) & Gildenlow - they are in a class by themselves entirely. While I love many other voices like that of Mariusz Duda (Riverside), Neal Morse (Spock's Beard)...and for old school - Steve Perry & Freddie Mercury :mrgreen: - Daniel & Mikael's voices remain at the top for me. :D
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    shaneos
    Chief Petty Officer

by shaneos » Wed May 15, 2013 2:04 pm

Full album streaming here, for fans of atmospheric/doom, it's a ripper!

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/blog/2013/0 ... ne-origin/
    Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed May 15, 2013 2:48 pm

jodionline wrote:
    viathyn wrote:Green Carnation - Light of Day, Day of Darkness.

A bit long, this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWpwC1p-Ilw

but a great one !

One of my all time favorites from any band ever... masterpiece
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • Disco
    Midshipman

by Disco » Wed May 15, 2013 4:29 pm

Stained Class wrote:Image

I figure I'm a bad metalhead if I don't give this whole album a listen at some point in my life. Especially now.

I've been jamming out to this one in my car as well.
    Melloboat - 2008
    70k Tons - 2011
    70k Tons - 2013
    70k Tons - 2018
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu May 16, 2013 7:09 am

Just Before Dawn - Precis innan gryningen

Stream here: http://www.nocleansinging.com/2013/05/1 ... gryningen/
    Definitely the best new death metal band I've heard in a while, and might just be the best Swedish death metal band after Vomitory.

Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Thu May 16, 2013 8:38 am

GREAT CD. Too bad they broke up a few months ago.
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Thu May 16, 2013 12:54 pm

BLACK OUT THE SUN again :headbanger:
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Thu May 16, 2013 4:00 pm

Oh snap, by chance I just noticed they will be here August first. Missed them last time so definitely hitting up the next one :beerbang:
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Thu May 16, 2013 7:03 pm

The Monolith Deathcult - Tetragrammaton

:shock: :shock: :shock:

This is beastly. Different. Very different.
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri May 17, 2013 7:10 am

So unbelievably awesome to me - hadn't listened to it in at least a month. Definitely one of my favorite recent releases. :beerhorns:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Chris
    Petty Officer

by Chris » Fri May 17, 2013 8:37 am

Riitiir has been stuck in my car for sometime now. Their best album in a while.
    now:
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Fri May 17, 2013 9:03 am

True hope lies beyond the coast! :headbanger:
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri May 17, 2013 9:56 am

Chris wrote:Riitiir has been stuck in my car for sometime now. Their best album in a while.
    now:

^^^ those are both great ones (big Marduk fan here as well). I have Enslaved's whole discography and in recent years they moved in my top ten favorite bands list - Riitiir is firmly in my top three favorites by them.
    Chris
    Petty Officer

by Chris » Fri May 17, 2013 10:41 am

Riitiir is that good. Very solid through out, but I could probably listen to "Roots of the Mountain" continuously throughout the day. My favorites of theirs vary depending on mood. But it is about as good as Blodhemn or Below the Lights, which are almost perfect to me.
    Marduk I like a little less, which is not bad. Their newest album is good, but I think I need to listen to it more to organize importance.
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Fri May 17, 2013 11:51 am

This thread will live on forever.
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri May 17, 2013 4:22 pm

Chris wrote:Riitiir is that good. Very solid through out, but I could probably listen to "Roots of the Mountain" continuously throughout the day. My favorites of theirs vary depending on mood. But it is about as good as Blodhemn or Below the Lights, which are almost perfect to me.
    Marduk I like a little less, which is not bad. Their newest album is good, but I think I need to listen to it more to organize importance.

I only started listening to Enslaved about 4-4.5 years ago (around the time they were announced for WOA 2009) because I only knew them in name and wanted to familiarize myself with the music. This scenario has been a bit of a daunting task for any metal band I've looked into in the past 7-8 years that has a sizable discography. My preference is to absorb new (to me) music somewhat slowly and sometimes there isn't time for that (in advance of an upcoming show and such). Needless to say, the first album I listened to heavily by Enslaved was Isa - so I guess I have a soft spot for that one and always will. Similiarly, I saw them a few times soon after Axiomi Ethica Odini was released and they opened with the opening track Ethica Odini and that song and the whole album is killer as well (in terms of part sentimetal attachment perhaps). And then when I started listening to all the others - I was really taken with the very early albums including Frost. Ultimately, at some point - I decided that the band and their discography as a whole warranted them a spot in my fave top ten bands spot - 12 lps and still going strong. :cool: They are just solid through and through - depth & variety - can not imagine ever tiring of them really (same with my other top tens).
    :beerhorns:
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri May 17, 2013 4:44 pm

Turbonegro: I Got A Knife http://youtu.be/WteGefeMiMc
    I predict Sunday's gig will be zany, crazy :beerbang: fun!

LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Fri May 17, 2013 7:54 pm

Blind Guardian : )

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Sat May 18, 2013 12:56 am

Swallow the Sun – These Woods Breathe Evil
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Sat May 18, 2013 2:06 am

Slayer – Postmortem
    Slayer – Raining Blood

:shred: :shred: :shred:
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat May 18, 2013 3:49 am

Shaman - Here I Am
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sat May 18, 2013 6:14 am

Kvelertak: Kvelertak (new song and video from Meir): http://youtu.be/Eelfbl1ZLrE

Rock n Roll!!! :beerbang:
    Too early in the year to predict this perhaps - but I suspect the Kvelertak gig a few weeks ago will be in my top five gigs of 2013 (and of course the huge highlight of meeting Erlend) - they were def up there when I saw them in 2011...although lots of stiff competition from other amazing gigs behind and going forward through the rest of the year - stoked!
    :beerbang:
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sun May 19, 2013 8:13 am

vikingbitch wrote:Image

Haven't been able to stop listening to this from the first spin I did the other day. This album is fantastic.
  • Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Sun May 19, 2013 1:36 pm

Specifically Wooden Memories: http://youtu.be/ukPDBu2-is4
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Sun May 19, 2013 6:32 pm

Chris
    Petty Officer

by Chris » Sun May 19, 2013 7:09 pm

vikingbitch wrote:

Haven't been able to stop listening to this from the first spin I did the other day. This album is fantastic.

Every time I see this here I am reminded of Celtic Frost's Monotheist for obvious reasons. Thusly, I find myself listening to Monotheist again...one of my all time favorites.
    Maybe next time I'll have to check out what it is you're listening to.
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sun May 19, 2013 9:54 pm

Chris wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:

Every time I see this here I am reminded of Celtic Frost's Monotheist for obvious reasons. Thusly, I find myself listening to Monotheist again...one of my all time favorites.
    Maybe next time I'll have to check out what it is you're listening to.

Well its actually quite similar in some respects to Monotheist. And as you know, there's not too much out there that can compare in the "heavy" respect when you're talking Celtic Frost. Tetragrammaton just has a bit of more eclectic flavor in it (I only noticed today that they had mini excerpts from the movie Independence Day with the scene of Bill Pullman talking to the alien during the song Gods amongst insects). But it matches the heavy end (well, at least does it a lot of justice) as it leans more industrial than anything.

Realllllllyy recommend it. ESPECIALLY if you're a Celtic Frost fan.
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Mon May 20, 2013 2:27 am

Savatage - Alone You Breathe
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Mon May 20, 2013 8:29 am

Talk about raiding Laihos wardrobe closet lmao
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Mon May 20, 2013 9:59 am

Chinchilla - War Machine :D
    wishlist '25:
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Mon May 20, 2013 11:41 am

Pagan Altar - Judgement Of The Dead CD.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon May 20, 2013 11:59 am

David Bowie: Lady Grinning Soul http://youtu.be/ABDnAWMZ1mQ This song was featured in The Runaways movie that I just saw recently - apparently both Cherie Curie & Joan Jett were big Bowie fans as teenagers as I was....hadn't listened to this one in quite a long time - one of my Bowie favorites - the video link is cool because there is a lot of footage of him from his early days.
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Mon May 20, 2013 12:06 pm

Blind Guardian - Wait For An Answer
    wishlist '25:
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Mon May 20, 2013 12:47 pm

Evoken - A Caress Of The Void CD
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Mon May 20, 2013 1:02 pm

Blind Guardian - Ashes to Ashes
    wishlist '25:
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Mon May 20, 2013 4:34 pm

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon May 20, 2013 8:35 pm

Interesting. I think they call themselves "post metal". It's like...prog metal that's kind of atmospheric. Entertaining.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
Post Reply 16292 posts