Post Reply 14413 posts
What are you listening to right now?
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

Re: What are you listening to right now?

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:07 pm

Monmisreal wrote:
    Warphine wrote:Image
    I'm really digging Dan Swano's latest band "Witherscape". Very progressive at times, like Barren Earth and Opeth. Standout track is "Dead for a Day".

^ this right now. Its like Edge of Sanity made sweet love to Nightingale and the kid had some of the best characteristics of both bands. I also love that Swano brought in Paul Kuhr from November's Doom to write the lyrics.

finally a chance to check out a couple tracks... will be checking out the whole record soon...
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Castroh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Castroh » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:45 pm

I'm still on my Kalmah binge and it's not stopping anytime soooooon.
    Currently listening to Evil In You. :metalguy:
    2012 - 2019 Survivor
    2020 - Yup!
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:54 am

I love the voice.
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:55 am

^^^ Here's the first 31 minute "track" All of the Above if anyone is interested: http://youtu.be/VFmnRbGTimo

2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:46 am

About to start watching/listening to last Friday's Nine Inch Nail's gig in it's entirety for the second time. http://youtu.be/vF6BXLi2OyA Nearly a week ago already - I'm still completely blown away by that gig - one of my top three if not my favorite in 2013 so far. Other top standouts so far include Stone Sour, Heidevolk, How to Destroy Angels, Kvelertak, Anneke van Giersbergen, Pain of Salvation, Bolt Thrower, Riverside, & Robert Plant. Seeing bands/artists like them perform their hearts out like they do - for me - is one of those things that makes life so awesome. Sounds corny perhaps I know, but man oh man! Especially seeing people like Corey Taylor, Daniel Gildenlow, Erlend, & Trent Reznor (all in my top ten favorite all around performers list - remember that thread? :P ) - this has been a GREAT gig year - and still many more to go. :D
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:17 am

Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:55 am

Ha - just read that Prong is playing Wacken next summer - looking foward to seeing them at the 2-day http://coldwaves.net/ next month at Chicago's Metro. :beerbang:

Revenge Best Served Cold http://youtu.be/c2uW_lg2is0 :beerbang:
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:09 am

New Carcass album.

I like it a lot! :bangers: :bangers:
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:52 am

Rage
    Stratovarius
    Hammerfall
    :headbanger: :headbanger:
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
  • Danni_br

by Danni_br » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:57 pm

Behemoth - Abyssus Abyssum Invocat
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:39 pm

Lingua Mortis Orhestra feat. Rage - Eye For An Eye
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:54 pm

New Behemoth track from "The Satanist"!

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=193605

Very promising. Looking forward to the full length.
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:53 am

Anna von Hausswolff - Ceremony

Damn, a friend of mine just asked me to go with him to Anna's gig in Helsinki in early November - on the same weekend as the Hail of Bullets album release gig in Rotterdam (where Markku insists we go). Which one to choose?

:cry: :cry: :cry:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:27 am

jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:45 am

and now Doom:

They would be awesome on board.

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:29 am

I'm actually on a Megadeth kick since Heavy MTL. Biggest surprise of the weekend (last time I saw them they were a little boring but for some reason they kicked ass on Saturday).
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:46 am

But not the new CD ?

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:49 am

jodionline wrote:But not the new CD ?

Oh yeah I thought that was a given. Megadeth only got good at Risk and have only gotten better since then. Supercollider is a masterpeice.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:59 am

I don't like the new CD. It is the first one I don't bought.

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:03 am

Stained Class wrote:

Oh yeah I thought that was a given. Megadeth only got good at Risk and have only gotten better since then. Supercollider is a masterpeice.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:07 am

mooyagi wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I understand it wrong or ? That was ironic or ? It's a little bit hard with another language. No one teaches that at school. Sorry!

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:27 am

jodionline wrote:
    I understand it wrong or ? That was ironic or ? It's a little bit hard with another language. No one teaches that at school. Sorry!

Sorry, that was sarcasm. I do that a lot ;)
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:38 am

No problem. Perhaps I have learned. :cheers:

viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:50 am

Megadave was certainly doing something right for a few years in between 86 and 92....

I also liked a smattering of tracks from almost all of their albums, but I haven't listened to the latest 2 at all.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:51 am

Plus he's a total nutjob weiner douche nowadays.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:48 pm

viathyn wrote:Plus he's a total nutjob weiner douche nowadays.

Yeah, I try not to think about that when I'm seeing Megadeth. He didn't say anything douchey and he can still rip on guitar so it's all good.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:17 pm

Been listening to Blind Guardian all day.

:bangers: :bangers: :bangers:

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:32 am

Anneke van Giersbergen: Everwake (Anathema song she did vocals on) - here live in Italy a week or so before I saw her in Chicago (April 2013). http://youtu.be/HPfoJ1Y3puo

Man - that woman is everywhere! (so many guest appearances with so many great bands, as well as her own solo material) Such an *amazing* voice - also on this European tour with her was Pain of Salvation and she and Gildenlow did at least duet (that I'm aware of). Wow - my favorite female and male singers singing together!! :shock: Would have loved to have been there!! :cool:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:30 am

Took me a while to get this album, but it's incredible!!! One of the best power metal albums I've heard in years!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:03 pm

It's been a Naglfar day for me
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:49 pm

At the Gates.

--
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:52 pm

Grief of Emerald - Malformed Seed

Basically if you're looking for something stronly in the vein of Dimmu Borgir (Spiritual Balck Dimensions era) then this is the release for you!
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:15 am

Nice interview with Jay, Ashe & James of TesseracT from last May.
    http://youtu.be/hoG8ld8wS_0
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:04 am

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:21 am

mooyagi wrote:Image

Not workin. what is?
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:41 am

Stained Class wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Image

Not workin. what is?

Alghazanth - Wreath of Thevatat http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLR71s403rd6Qibv5XoIRroRs4ew4ob_rn
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:08 am

Canadian Thrash

Canadian NWOBM mixed with speed--so very Canadian.
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicide Angels
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:14 pm

soooooooo goooooooooood
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:04 pm

Hexx - Under the Spell
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:02 am

They are coming here soonish and im trying to see if I like them enough to go to a show just to see them.
Post Reply 14413 posts