Post Reply 14378 posts
What are you listening to right now?
    Stained Class
    Commander

Re: What are you listening to right now?

by Stained Class » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:20 am

Laura wrote:Zakk Wylde: Losin' Your Mind http://youtu.be/mg8DbNRGrGo

I assume this is a very young Zakk in this vid.
    Love this song!

Have you heard that album? Pride & Glory, it was a really awesome bluegrassy rock album with the band he had before Black Label Society. I actually enjoy it way more than any BLS record.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:45 am

heidevolk - vrijgevochten
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:03 am

iron maiden - the number of the beast

while entering a file with 666 packages

aaahhhh how the simple things in life can make you smile

• NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:28 am

Artillery - My Blood album
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:20 am

Stained Class wrote:

Love this song!

Have you heard that album? Pride & Glory, it was a really awesome bluegrassy rock album with the band he had before Black Label Society. I actually enjoy it way more than any BLS record.

VERY good album! Also, check out Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows which is an all acoustic album.
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:21 am

Alterbeast - Immortal

This is heavy as fuck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4TFIN6NXzI

Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:07 pm

Conan - Blood Eagle. Me like :headbanger:

1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:16 pm

Heard a new arch enemy song with blue on vocals... not bad, actually!

Currently listening to new Animals as Leaders. Show Friday!
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:23 pm

viathyn wrote:Currently listening to new Animals as Leaders. Show Friday!

Verdict? I just listened to most of the album too.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:52 pm

Warphine wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:

Love this song!

VERY good album! Also, check out Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows which is an all acoustic album.

:cheers: Funny, how I just saw Zakk as part of the Jimi Hendrix tribute extravaganza last Friday...and now I've gone full throttle into all things Zakk. (I knew next to nothing about him prior to that gig - outside of the fact that I def knew his name) Bought my ticket for the BLS gig here on May 20 and will work through the discography. The reason why I searched out that Losin' Your Mind video is that it's the first song on 2013 BLS live album I was listening to. Love it.

Meanwhile, I was listening to some more old 70s era southern rock (a good representation of which is on the 2015 Rock Legends Cruise - a major reason why I booked it. Love that kinda thing for decades)
    Marshall Tucker Band: Can't You See http://youtu.be/gCXQycyN_Vs :cool:

Lol - I haven't seen MTB in more than 30 years - I may have gotten older, but those guys are even older & still rockin'!
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:33 am

Wardruna: Helvegen http://youtu.be/z0PvZGVPiJU

Tanzwut: Meer http://youtu.be/a5fmbSnVQrI

Taake: Du ville ville vestland http://youtu.be/33ggyLghFw0
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:32 pm

Stained Class wrote:

Wow such proggy.

I actually really liked the clean parts.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:40 pm

viathyn wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:

Wow such proggy.

I actually really liked the clean parts.

I enjoyed the full album a LOT more than the couple songs that they posted. I agree, the clean parts were great. Not sure if they'll ever top their first album though.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:11 pm

I forgot how much I enjoy this album.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:21 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNWDOWGsALo
    New Sinbreed album coming out in less than a week! 2 members of this band are already onbroad so let's get em on too!!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:56 am

Vattnet Viskar EP and Sky Swallower.

Their set last night was intense. Picked up both albums at the show and I have been switching back and forth all day at work. Great performance for the whole 15 or so people actually there...
  • Soundchaser
    Petty Officer

by Soundchaser » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:04 pm

first watching, about 5h out

new lyric video of new Insomnium-Song "Revelations"

watch it here:
    http://www.metal-hammer.de/video-audio/ ... uerst.html

they must be on broad 2015! Must! Must! Must!
    70kt Survivor: 2013 / 2014 / 2015 / 2016 / 2017
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:12 pm

My first go around with those guys.

I like it. May be a 2-setter after all.
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    APaleHorseNamedDeath-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Ataraxie-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-DoomVS-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-Emperor-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Hypocrisy-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-Loss-/-Luna-/-TheManEatingTree-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Profetus-/-Prong-/-Remembrance-/-RevelationsOfRain-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-SolitudeAeturnus-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-WhoDiesInSiberianSlush-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Candlemass-/-DarkTranquillity-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-Kataklysm-/-Kreator-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-MyDyingBride-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-RottingChrist-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:12 am

^^^ I only know like one song from them, but whatever it was/is, I remember liking it. :D

I've got a million things to do/catch up on this weekend - at work & at home - but listening to music is making the "to do" list activities a 1,000 times more enjoyable.

Thought I better listen to this band since they're opening at tomorrow night's StS/Ocean gig...hmmm... Intriguing...
    The Atlas Moth http://youtu.be/E5E3roEW_NU

Uriah Heep: Easy Livin' (live back in the 70s
    http://youtu.be/m4o--q6xuvs

Uriah Heep: Stealin' (live at Download Fest, 2013)... Love how he starts out saying - "Where were you in 1974?" :mrgreen: :headbanger: to Led Zeppelin's Black Dog & tons more.
    http://youtu.be/vbb7du0Sgy8
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:30 am

Gwar - Scumdogs of the Universe
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

• klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:23 am

Sgt. B wrote:Gwar - Scumdogs of the Universe

GWAR discography day.
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:29 am

Time traveling back to 1969 with Ummagumma

Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:07 am

In Vain - Ænigma

Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:22 pm

Inbetween more Gwar, Entrails - Raging Death

Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:25 am

Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:28 am

But, after all that southern, bluesy rock - really need to get busy listening to some of Ragnarokkr Fest bands including Grim Reaper. Suggestion anyone?
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:53 pm

Magnum - The Art of Compromise
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:02 pm

Gunshots
    (in a movie)

Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:32 am

Lorde - Pure Heroine

Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:24 am

Carcass - Necroticism: Descanting the Insalubrious

Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:59 pm

The Ocean: Pelagial (again & again & again)
    (full album here: http://youtu.be/JfZMTDcqKnQ )

Gaaah.....it is going to be hard for any gig I attend during the remainder of 2014 to top that one on Sunday night. Three days later & I still totally have the chills (in a good way) from that experience...pure magic.
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:07 am

A variety of Gary Numan material

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:14 am

Very death metal morning

Grave - Back From The Grave
    Edge of Sanity - Crimson and Crimson II
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:00 pm

nodfyr - in een andere tijd

i like this :-)

Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:38 pm

*Finally* listened to Coal by Leprous today. Interesting...I like. Only part of it fell into my "insta-love" category though - these three in a row (tracks 4-6): The Cloak, The Valley, & Salt. Those are fantastic.

I am not as familiar with or as engrossed in Devin Townsend as some of you here, but it sounds pretty Deviny in a song or two - one of the first three tracks? I dunno - need to hear again.

I have to give Einar (the singer) props for having a great (clean) voice - really love it in the songs I mentioned. It is beautiful & (dare I say) delicate, feminine & angelic at times in the manner of TesseracT's Ashe....although there is a somewhat slightly different quality to it that I'm still weighing in my head. I picture those two as being choir boys when they were children.

I do not know (yet) if this album will join a "TOP" spot with other 2013 releases such as Haken's The Mountain and The Ocean's Pelagial (and others)....but who knows.

Would I see this band live & listen to their other albums? Yes. I am sufficiently interested. :beerwink:

Leprous: The Cloak: http://youtu.be/_9o2nVY8FZ0

And for vocal comparison purpose to TesseracT's Ashe:
    Of Matter: http://youtu.be/O-hnSlicxV4
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:04 am

Anathema: Untouchable (live in Bulgaria) http://youtu.be/XFo332Y5uIA

I haven't said much of anything about Anathema since seeing them twice on the Prog Nation cruise (outside of saying they were one of many highlights)...but yeah - I'll say again that they were a highlight! The first set was in the evening on the pool deck and the second a few days later in the main indoor theater on the Norwegian Pearl (similar to Chorus Line on the Majesty).

It was my first time seeing them, and in short: they were marvelous & truly won me over. Much of their recent music is quite under-stated & low-key (albeit excellent) on record, yet live their sound & performance is so much more rich & multi-layered somehow. If I ever get around to posting a complete review of Prog Nation, I'll elaborate more then. (I will be done soon, as in Andy "soon." :beerwink: )

And, of course Anneke van Giersbergen was spectacular on the cruise as well - she has easily moved into a top female vocalist spot in my mind. I might have mentioned this before, but I saw her perform 4x on the ship - 2x solo & 2x as a guest during Devin's set. Same with Danny Cavanagh - saw him twice with Anathema & 2x as a guest during Anneke's sets. Really, really, REALLY beautiful.

Obviously, most of the music mentioned is very non-metal (with the exception of some of the Devin/Anneke stuff)....so it would seem a stretch to me that Anathema (for example) would ever be on a metal cruise like 70K even though many have requested them. But, who knows?

Danny & Anneke doing Untouchable 2: http://youtu.be/bFKmS_t4qck
    <3
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:48 pm

Pantera: Cowboys from Hell http://youtu.be/_7EQlfprV9E

If I could take this song/video's "temperature"....I think it would be a thousand...nope, scratch that - a million degrees.
    :mrgreen: :shred:

And this...
    Stone Sour: Made of Scars (especially at 1:50) http://youtu.be/_tmxCRRmNhM

Black Flag: Rise Above http://youtu.be/Fsbvo5GVK10

I think Phil, Corey & Henry were/are very much cut from the same :cool: cloth.
    Empire
    Crewman

by Empire » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:55 am

Gamma Ray - Empire of the undead

(all without the Ballad)
    2011: missed, 2012 - 2019: survived 2020: SOON
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:09 pm

Finntroll - trollhameren

Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:47 pm

Carcass - Heartwork

Post Reply 14378 posts