Post Reply 14385 posts
What are you listening to right now?
    viathyn
    Commander

Re: What are you listening to right now?

by viathyn » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:21 am

My iconoclast vinyl won't get in for a while... so I'm listening to all the new symphony x songs on youtube. Not bad!
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:21 am

Judas Priest - Metal Gods
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:23 am

Kivimetsän Druidi - Kristallivuoren maa
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    soundcurve
    Chief Petty Officer

by soundcurve » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:57 pm

• BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:27 pm

Sacred Reich - The American Way cd (trying to see if I want to see them next week)
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:52 pm

First up on shuffle - Delain: Silouette of a Dancer (acoustic) - saw this Dutch band @ WOA - fantastic! (see sig list) ;)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuADMcxJ ... ata_player
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:55 pm

Therion - Birth Of Venus Illegitima
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:22 pm

Master - Master (first cd, s/t)
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:32 pm

Symphony X - Iconoclast

This is going to be a recurring theme with me :D
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:49 pm

Pagan's Mind - Heavenly Ecstasy :D
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Almanac-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Black.Fate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Edguy-/-Ex.Deo-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Impellitteri-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Extremo-/-Inglorious-/-Jorn-/-Juvaliant-/-Kotipelto-/-Lord-/-Marillion-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nightingale-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Persefone-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Primal.Fear-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Running.Wild-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Vintersorg-/-Vision.Divine-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warlord-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Zebra
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:19 pm

Carcass - Necrotism...Descanting The Insilubrious cd (whatever the hell that means, cant follow their lyrics but their are great riffs on this album, expecially Corporal Jigsaw Quandry)
    Last edited by BehnWilson on Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:37 pm

Just started to watch one of my music DVDs that I haven't watched in awhile -
    Emperor: Live at Wacken Open Air 2006 - A Night of Emperial Wrath" - I highly recommend to all the Emperor fans in da (70K forum) house.

2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:40 pm

Laura, were you at the Emperor show at the Metro when they came here, that was an Awesome concert.

You just put me in a mood for them, I switched from the Carcas cd to their lIve Emperial Live Cermony cd.
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:23 pm

BehnWilson wrote:Laura, were you at the Emperor show at the Metro when they came here, that was an Awesome concert.

You just put me in a mood for them, I switched from the Carcas cd to their lIve Emperial Live Cermony cd.

No!!! I was not at that gig and I could kick myself to hell and back for missing it! :evil: Fact is - that was in 2007 before black metal was on my music radar so to speak. ;)
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:29 pm

Laura wrote:
    BehnWilson wrote:Laura, were you at the Emperor show at the Metro when they came here, that was an Awesome concert.

No!!! I was not at that gig and I could kick myself to hell and back for missing it! :evil: Fact is - that was in 2007 before black metal was on my music radar so to speak. ;)

I like them but they are not a band I go crazy over.

I went mainly because they were such a historically important band and I figured it would be the only chance Iwould ever have to see them, esp since they only hit 2 US cities, Chicago and New York. I remember the tix being pretty expensive but they were well worth worth it.

Anytime I wear my Emperor shirt to concerts I always get a ton of complements on them.

Emperor cd just ended, now playing: -Sodom - Agent Orange

EDIT: I notice this post was # 3, 666 in this thread so :death:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:10 pm

The Faceless - An Autopsy
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:28 pm

Trepalium - Addicted To Oblivion

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:59 am

WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:08 am

Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock: It Takes 2 (hit it!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IBRbzf3 ... ata_player

Best.song.to.dance.to.EVER! I was feeling not too peppy this morning until I heard/watched this. Me now? PEPPY!!! :D Someone has to do this during karaoke - I elect MC Bentz! From Deeetroit. :P
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:13 am

Equilibrium - Nach Dem Winter
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:32 pm

gnoff wrote:Hypocrisy - Global Domination

:shred:
    that's next on my list now... but currently Zyklon - Chaos Deathcult

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    BierVulf
    Ensign

by BierVulf » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:25 pm

Cynic - Uroboric Forms
    2011 : Cabin #3500 - Survived
    2012 : Cabin #4025 - Pending

Death Tribute / Atheist / Coroner / Opeth / Cynic / Morbid Angel / Kreator / Tankard / Vio-Lence / Hail of Bullets / Nuclear Assault / Impaled / Gojira / Heathen / Deadly Remains / Venom
    BierVulf
    Ensign

by BierVulf » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:09 pm

Splatterhouse - Night of the Creeps

Death Tribute / Atheist / Coroner / Opeth / Cynic / Morbid Angel / Kreator / Tankard / Vio-Lence / Hail of Bullets / Nuclear Assault / Impaled / Gojira / Heathen / Deadly Remains / Venom
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:51 pm

BierVulf wrote:Splatterhouse - Night of the Creeps

Sounds like our forum theme song :D

Sentenced-Rain comes falling down
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:59 pm

Ghoul - Sewer Chewer

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:03 pm

Devin Townsend - Deconstruction.

What a truly bizarre experience this song is.

I've never heard farts and diarrhea sounds in metal before....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8u3R0fAb68

Please check out my band

DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:05 pm

hmmm... what, in fact, are you listening to?

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:15 pm

Sorry, I don't see a fart sounds option in that chart!

Funny enough, I was actually talking about this very chart earlier today with a coworker, and I showed him a version that has a couple more options on it:

Please check out my band

DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:19 pm

viathyn wrote:Devin Townsend - Deconstruction.

SO awesome haha!

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:17 am

Goddess of Metal wrote:Pagan's Mind - Heavenly Ecstasy :D

...I'm still surprised when someone knows Pagan's Mind

np: Pagan's Mind - Through Osiris Eyes
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:29 am

Grimfist - A World Of Wrath http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBCqN5D7wWo
    :shred: :shred: :shred: :metalguy: :metalguy: :shred: :shred: :shred: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:32 am

The man is nothing if not a complete master at composing controlled chaos. Just love some of those tempo changes he throws out too (see 4:00) :lol:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    BierVulf
    Ensign

by BierVulf » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:51 am

Django Reinhardt - Brazil

last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:53 am

Falconer - [new album...I'm still not familiar with the Swedish song titles...]
    wishlist '20:
    BierVulf
    Ensign

by BierVulf » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:17 am

Super-String-Theory - Kingdom of Whatever

viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:19 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:

The man is nothing if not a complete master at composing controlled chaos. Just love some of those tempo changes he throws out too (see 4:00) :lol:

Absolutely man. The guy's brain must just consist of tangled yarn and guitar strings with farts and coffee filling the spaces between..

Please check out my band

Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:35 am

Mr. Bungle did the shit sounds thing as a between song-er (complete with the line "I'm gonna get a cup of coffee") on their self titled album. That was my first experience listing to recorded poopy time.

The new DT album is taking some time to grow. It loses my attention somewhere in the middle with all the skits and cheeseburger stuff. Need to give it some more time maybe.

Anyway. Now Playing: Lich King - "ED-209"
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:13 am

Enslaved: the album Frost (1994) - atm Loke :beerhorns:
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:29 am

Laura wrote:Enslaved: the album Frost (1994) - atm Loke :beerhorns:

Kickin' it old Enslaved! Nice!
    I'm glad they're doing a NA headlining tour this year (with Ghost and Alcest for support). I hope that since they are the main attraction, they play some of the older, pre Below the Lights stuff. Not sure if they even play anything that old anymore....

NP: Toxic Holocaust - "Exxxecutioner"
    Last edited by Bentz! on Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:02 am

Kampfar - Hymne live - the singer is quite hot but this is so slow I'm gonna fall asleep soon. Better skip to the next one on the play list: Moonsorrow - Kivenkantaja :headbanger:

Beer and bananas!
Post Reply 14385 posts