Post Reply 14556 posts
What are you listening to right now?
    Omegas66
    Oiler

Re: What are you listening to right now?

by Omegas66 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:37 pm

Evoke by After forever
    They are freaking awesome :metalguy:
    Mess with the BEST... Die like the REST...
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:50 pm

Jaldaboath - Hark The Herald
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:03 am

TSO - I Keep Your Secret
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:57 am

Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:00 am

Moonsorrow - Sankaritarina - while waiting for them to announce their european tour dates today :cheers:

*crossing my fingers for several dates in Scandinavia so I can see more than one show*
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    junkhead13
    Chief Petty Officer

by junkhead13 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:21 am

Cynic - Traced in Air
    Have a good time...all the time.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:32 am

MadameLePink wrote:Moonsorrow - Sankaritarina - while waiting for them to announce their european tour dates today :cheers:

*crossing my fingers for several dates in Scandinavia so I can see more than one show*

How many times have you seen these guys ? You are dedicated to say the least.
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:45 am

KevinP wrote:
    MadameLePink wrote:Moonsorrow - Sankaritarina - while waiting for them to announce their european tour dates today :cheers:

Not so many times, only 5 actually, because it's not that long ago that I realized how awesome they are and I started going to lots of concerts again (we had a few quiet years while we lived in Sweden). So I need to catch up now. And they are not touring Scandinavia :( So I'll have to go to Germany. Planning everything right now so when Uncle Soda comes home tonight, he won't have a chance to say no :mrgreen:
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:18 am

MadameLePink wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

Not so many times, only 5 actually, because it's not that long ago that I realized how awesome they are and I started going to lots of concerts again (we had a few quiet years while we lived in Sweden). So I need to catch up now. And they are not touring Scandinavia :( So I'll have to go to Germany. Planning everything right now so when Uncle Soda comes home tonight, he won't have a chance to say no :mrgreen:

They never tour The States :evil: Caught them once on a Paganfest tour a bunch of years ago but I don't think they've been back since. Can't wait to catch them on the cruise
    I should get around to updating my signature
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:32 am

MadameLePink wrote:Not so many times, only 5 actually, because it's not that long ago that I realized how awesome they are and I started going to lots of concerts again (we had a few quiet years while we lived in Sweden). So I need to catch up now. And they are not touring Scandinavia :( So I'll have to go to Germany. Planning everything right now so when Uncle Soda comes home tonight, he won't have a chance to say no :mrgreen:

Oh that's reasonable. I was thinking you were easily into the double digits with the way you talked about them. :lol:

Once you hit the 10, 15 and then 20 mark, let us know if the obsession has calmed down at all :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:34 am

mooyagi wrote:They never tour The States :evil: Caught them once on a Paganfest tour a bunch of years ago but I don't think they've been back since. Can't wait to catch them on the cruise

Who knows, maybe they will tour the US after the cruise like Finntroll and Ensiferum did last year. They have a show in Mexico before the cruise, so maybe there will be more :)

I guess it's difficult for them, being a small band, the only chance they have is to open for bigger bands if they want to tour the States.

Beer and bananas!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:36 am

MadameLePink wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:They never tour The States :evil: Caught them once on a Paganfest tour a bunch of years ago but I don't think they've been back since. Can't wait to catch them on the cruise

Who knows, maybe they will tour the US after the cruise like Finntroll and Ensiferum did last year. They have a show in Mexico before the cruise, so maybe there will be more :)

I guess it's difficult for them, being a small band, the only chance they have is to open for bigger bands if they want to tour the States.

That would be great! I know it's really tough for smaller bands to pull off a US tour. Seems like all the time there are bands having visa issues, a lot of them lose money from touring the States because it's so expansive that it costs so much to get around. The shows are in very small venues with small crowds in most cases, and I seem to read way too often that bands get robbed during the tours out here too :evil:
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:38 am

KevinP wrote:
    MadameLePink wrote:Not so many times, only 5 actually, because it's not that long ago that I realized how awesome they are and I started going to lots of concerts again (we had a few quiet years while we lived in Sweden). So I need to catch up now. And they are not touring Scandinavia :( So I'll have to go to Germany. Planning everything right now so when Uncle Soda comes home tonight, he won't have a chance to say no :mrgreen:

Oh that's reasonable. I was thinking you were easily into the double digits with the way you talked about them. :lol:

Once you hit the 10, 15 and then 20 mark, let us know if the obsession has calmed down at all :mrgreen:

It's been a while since I've been so excited about a band. Usually I am very faithful to my favourite bands so I keep going to their shows until they disappoint me with their material or behaviour :mrgreen:

But I must say that there are no bands that I've seen more than 7-8 times, so they will soon be my most seen band :D

Beer and bananas!
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:41 am

mooyagi wrote:
    MadameLePink wrote:

That would be great! I know it's really tough for smaller bands to pull off a US tour. Seems like all the time there are bands having visa issues, a lot of them lose money from touring the States because it's so expansive that it costs so much to get around. The shows are in very small venues with small crowds in most cases, and I seem to read way too often that bands get robbed during the tours out here too :evil:

Even robbed? That's awful :( They don't have an easy life these bands when they tour. When I talk to some of them, I realize that being a musician is not that glamorous as I used to think when I was younger :mrgreen:

Beer and bananas!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:43 am

MadameLePink wrote:Even robbed? That's awful :( They don't have an easy life these bands when they tour. When I talk to some of them, I realize that being a musician is not that glamorous as I used to think when I was younger :mrgreen:

I know it happened to Blackguard when they were touring with Symphony X. I believe Orphaned Land also got their equipment stolen when they were here touring with Katatonia. It's a damn shame but there are some venues that are in just total shit areas and the US overall tends to have a really high crime rate compared to similarly developed countries :roll:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:46 am

MadameLePink wrote:[But I must say that there are no bands that I've seen more than 7-8 times, so they will soon be my most seen band :D

That usually around the time I start thinking "okay I've seen then enough I need a break". but it depends upon what time span that occurred in. I think I've seen Kiss 10+ times, which is the most for any band.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:27 am

Opeth - My Arms, Your Hearse album

My favorite Opeth album :headbanger:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:44 am

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:55 am

cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:55 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:Jaldaboath - Hark The Herald

how is that album? Is it a good time? I been trying to track it down cheap but haven't had much luck.

Any band that has a song named "Axe Wielding Nuns ' has to be doing something right
    2011: Cruise Survivor
    2012: Cruise & Forum Survivor

...So was Laura beside the chieftains
    like the bright-growing ash beside the thorn-bush...
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:18 pm

Dark Moor - The Moon
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    Uncle Soda
    Petty Officer

by Uncle Soda » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:20 pm

Amon Amarth - Pursuit of Vikings :viking:
    Drinks at the Twilight Tavern. Pays with Tokens of Time.

wishlist: Ensiferum, Die Apokalyptischen Reiter, Heidevolk, Chthonic, Entombed, Finntroll, Heavy Metal Perse, Powerwolf, Primordial, Grand Magus, Monster Magnet
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:07 pm

Divinefire - Into a new dimension

Man, I wish this wasn't just a studio project. I'd love to hear this live!
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:14 pm

Ravenlord wrote:Divinefire - Into a new dimension

the vocals remind me a bit of Narnia
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    shenanigansss
    Oiler

by shenanigansss » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:38 pm

Uncle Soda wrote:Amon Amarth - Pursuit of Vikings :viking:

Damn stoked I get to see em for my birthday this year :viking:

NP : Decrepit Birth - Polarity
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:49 pm

Amon Amarth - Avenger cd
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:06 pm

last_candle wrote:

Yeah, same vocalist actually! That explains it!
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:19 pm

At The Gates - With Fear I Kiss The Burning Sky cd
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:41 pm

Paradise Lost-Blood of another
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Omegas66
    Oiler

by Omegas66 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:37 pm

Mess with the BEST... Die like the REST...
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:56 pm

cycosurgeon wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:Jaldaboath - Hark The Herald

how is that album? Is it a good time? I been trying to track it down cheap but haven't had much luck.

Any band that has a song named "Axe Wielding Nuns ' has to be doing something right

it's really silly.... so I love it!!!

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:58 pm

KDibildox wrote:Paradise Lost-Blood of another

good track.... Mercy is my favorite from that cd, but I think the whole record is solid!

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

by ragnaröks_roller » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:36 pm

From what I saw from their FB page you're in luck -- Tyr, Moonsorrow, and Crimfall all togehter, and with Primordial at a couple dates somewhere I think? Definitely jealous of you Europeans over this. I'm really hoping at least Moonsorrow sticks around the States/Canada after the cruise for some shows.

Are we still talking Moonsorrow? They played in the US/Canada in April of 2010 with Finntroll and Swallow the Sun as part of the Finnish Metal Tour pt. 1. That was a killer tour -- too bad you missed it! Ah well, there's the boat now. :D

...And now for a masterful segue coming back on topic........

I had my iPod on shuffle and a Lakupaavi song hanging out on there came on. http://www.moonsorrow.com/2005/lakupaavi.html I decided it was exactly what I was in the mood for and listened to the whole album twice thru. You're a Moonsorrow superfan, Madame LePink -- have you heard this? I wish they'd do another one!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:35 pm

ragnaröks_roller wrote:

Are we still talking Moonsorrow? They played in the US/Canada in April of 2010 with Finntroll and Swallow the Sun as part of the Finnish Metal Tour pt. 1. That was a killer tour -- too bad you missed it! Ah well, there's the boat now. :D

How'd I miss that tour? Don't remember it at all. Maybe it didn't hit New England?
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:22 am

mooyagi wrote:
    ragnaröks_roller wrote:

How'd I miss that tour? Don't remember it at all. Maybe it didn't hit New England?

it got packaged into NEMF

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:47 am

Ravenlord wrote:
    last_candle wrote:

Yeah, same vocalist actually! That explains it!

ok, that explains everything
    btw, I haven't listened to more than just a bunch of Narnia songs...and that was like a decade ago

np: Skyclad - Catherine At The Wheel
    wishlist '20:
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:36 am

Blaze Bayley and Doro doing a special cover duet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq-7lrZsu1Q

last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:39 am

cycosurgeon wrote:Blaze Bayley and Doro doing a special cover duet
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq-7lrZsu1Q

been there :cool:
    amazing show!
    wishlist '20:
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:41 am

Lucky!

Also listening to a couple old school bootleg of Bruce's first show with Iron Maiden

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAnSaE52 ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQqyuGfe ... re=related

last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:44 am

cycosurgeon wrote:Lucky!

indeed!
    half the show was with orchestra and the other half with Warlock...it can't get any better!
    (and the Fear of the Dark and Breaking The Law covers are a perfect bonus)
    wishlist '20:
Post Reply 14556 posts