Post Reply 29 posts Page 1 of 1
Congrats to Alice Cooper on Rock & Roll Hall of Fame!!!
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

Congrats to Alice Cooper on Rock & Roll Hall of Fame!!!

by BehnWilson » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:33 pm

Finally, this joke of a hall of fame inducted someone worthy, the great Alice Cooper. Congrats to Alice!!!

Neil Diamond also made it in, Id say he deserves it, if for nothing else his self effacing appearance in the alltime classic Saving Silverman.

The rest of the inductees as usual were acts I could give two shits about.

But a big congrats to the well deserved and long overdue induction for Alice Cooper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:
    Last edited by BehnWilson on Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    asmegin
    Midshipman

Re: Congrats to Alice cooper on Rock & Roll Hall of Fame!!!

by asmegin » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:34 pm

nice! :viking:
    Cabin # 6072
    My band: www.myspace.com/colorofaum
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:36 pm

Alice is a dead set legend - how cool would it be if he was on the cruise? HAHA.

So glad he finally made it - his legacy deserves all the acknowledgement in the world.

Looking forward to his next album!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:40 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Looking forward to his next album!

he's working with Desmond Child again, isn't he?
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:51 pm

last_candle wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:Looking forward to his next album!

he's working with Desmond Child again, isn't he?

Id rather he re-united the original Alice Cooper band. That would be fitting as they are geting inducted as a group.
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Congrats to Alice Cooper on Rock & Roll Hall of Fame!!!

by last_candle » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:52 pm

that would be great, too
    but concerning the new album, we're better off with D.Child involved again
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:58 pm

last_candle wrote:that would be great, too
    but concerning the new album, we're better off with D.Child involved again

No we are not, all his best material came from the original band. Even though Welcome To My Nightmare was solid, besides this all his prime material was from the original band, not a hired pop hit writer whoo writes for the likes of Cher, bon jovi, and the neutered version of Aerosmith.

No offense meant here, but Im guessing you are young if you prefer Desmond Child to the bands originals reforming and likely werent around during his prime period.
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:27 pm

I'm just saying that if the other members of the original line-up were still able to write great songs, they'd still do music ;)

WOW, I did NOT know of all those pop records he was involved in!
    I just happen to love Scorpion's "Humanity Hour I" and its production - when I read about Desmond Child, it immediately reminded me of "Trash" (another record with a great production)
    yet, I'm even more convinced that D. Child has the ability to make the difference between a good and a very good album

btw, if I were THAT young, I wouldn't make moaning noises getting out of the bed, the car, sofa... :cool:
    wishlist '25:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:42 pm

last_candle wrote:btw, if I were THAT young, I wouldn't make moaning noises getting out of the bed, the car, sofa... :cool:

Just wait til the moans turn to actual tears young feller :lol:

Oh, and yes, HUGE much deserved kudos to mister Fernier!! :headbanger:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:45 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    last_candle wrote:btw, if I were THAT young, I wouldn't make moaning noises getting out of the bed, the car, sofa... :cool:

Just wait til the moans turn to actual tears young feller :lol:

another way to wet your bed ;)
    wishlist '25:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:56 pm

Bob Ezrin and Alice doing the writing, Dennis, Neal and Michael playing on some tracks. Its gonna be awesome !!

On July 1, 2010 when talking about the newly retitled album, Welcome to My Nightmare II, Alice said in a Radio Metal interview: "We'll put some of the original people on it and add some new people, I'm very happy with working with Bob (Ezrin) again."

During a press conference in France, Cooper said about Welcome to My Nightmare II that "[t]his album is more bloody and more accomplished than the first. It sounds like the early years."[75] According to Gail Worley, Alice and Bob Ezrin have come up with 13 songs, including the ballads "I Am Made of You" and "Something to Remember Me By." In addition, Cooper cut three new songs with original band mates Dennis Dunaway (bass), Neal Smith (drums) and Michael Bruce (guitar).
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:24 pm

last_candle wrote:I'm just saying that if the other members of the original line-up were still able to write great songs, they'd still do music ;)

WOW, I did NOT know of all those pop records he was involved in!
    I just happen to love Scorpion's "Humanity Hour I" and its production - when I read about Desmond Child, it immediately reminded me of "Trash" (another record with a great production)
    yet, I'm even more convinced that D. Child has the ability to make the difference between a good and a very good album

btw, if I were THAT young, I wouldn't make moaning noises getting out of the bed, the car, sofa... :cool:

Alice got greedy and went solo for a bigger % of the take (cant say I blame him), its not like they were fired for incoompetence. Im sure they are stil capable. They had a special chemistry together, Id like to see what they can still do together.
    Last edited by BehnWilson on Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:25 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Bob Ezrin and Alice doing the writing, Dennis, Neal and Michael playing on some tracks. Its gonna be awesome !!

On July 1, 2010 when talking about the newly retitled album, Welcome to My Nightmare II, Alice said in a Radio Metal interview: "We'll put some of the original people on it and add some new people, I'm very happy with working with Bob (Ezrin) again."

During a press conference in France, Cooper said about Welcome to My Nightmare II that "[t]his album is more bloody and more accomplished than the first. It sounds like the early years."[75] According to Gail Worley, Alice and Bob Ezrin have come up with 13 songs, including the ballads "I Am Made of You" and "Something to Remember Me By." In addition, Cooper cut three new songs with original band mates Dennis Dunaway (bass), Neal Smith (drums) and Michael Bruce (guitar).

That's f'in awesome! It's great that the original lineup gets in.
    Congrats to them!
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:30 pm

BehnWilson wrote:Alice got greedy and went solo for a bigger % of the take (cant say I blame him), its not like they were fired for incoompetence. Im sure they are stil capable. They had a special chemistry together, Id like to see hwat they can do.

btw, did you add the "likely werent around during his prime period" part later on? I didn't read that the first time
    yes, I wasn't around back then - and therefore didn't see the original line-up live; I can't say much about the chemistry
    but this doesn't prevent me from loving the old records, too ;)
    wishlist '25:
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:40 pm

last_candle wrote:
    BehnWilson wrote:Alice got greedy and went solo for a bigger % of the take (cant say I blame him), its not like they were fired for incoompetence. Im sure they are stil capable. They had a special chemistry together, Id like to see hwat they can do.

btw, did you add the "likely werent around during his prime period" part later on? I didn't read that the first time
    yes, I wasn't around back then - and therefore didn't see the original line-up live; I can't say much about the chemistry
    but this doesn't prevent me from loving the old records, too ;)

The point I was trying to make was that there was a noticable dropoff after he went solo, like any artist its more noticable comtemperaneousiy, when you get each album as it comes out over a period of time.

Im dating myself but I remember how we were all excited in grade school when Alice Cooper was going to be on tv on Wolfman Jack's, The Midnight Special. And the uncool kids would be like, Alice Cooper, who is she? lol (we werent as well rounded on everything before the internet, info on bands was harder to come by back then).

About the age comment, like for me all of Elvis' cds kind of blend together, I cant place any songs with a sepecific period of his career and there is no way Im as knowledagble on him as someone who was around to experience his prime career. (I was of the Fat Elvis generation :trashdrink: )
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:58 pm

BehnWilson wrote:The point I was trying to make was that there was a noticable dropoff after he went solo, like any artist its more noticable comtemperaneousiy, when you get each album as it comes out over a period of time.

definitely a HUGE difference! must have been quite a disappointment; most likely even worse than for me after the "second golden era" (Constrictor - Hey Stoopid); the drought between "Welcome..." and "Constrictor" has only one effect on me: I just don't have every album and on the ones I know there are fewer highlights (but there are still a lot of awesome songs from mid 70ies to early 80ies

np (on iPod shuffle): Alice Cooper - Wind-Up Boy
    wishlist '25:
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:05 pm

last_candle wrote:
    BehnWilson wrote:The point I was trying to make was that there was a noticable dropoff after he went solo, like any artist its more noticable comtemperaneousiy, when you get each album as it comes out over a period of time.

definitely a HUGE difference! must have been quite a disappointment; most likely even worse than for me after the "second golden era" (Constrictor - Hey Stoopid); the drought between "Welcome..." and "Constrictor" has only one effect on me: I just don't have every album and on the ones I know there are fewer highlights (but there are still a lot of awesome songs from mid 70ies to early 80ies

np (on iPod shuffle): Alice Cooper - Wind-Up Boy

I still remember seeing them at the record stores when they came out and getting all excited just cause of the album covers. The album covers for his Greatest Hits (with the gangsters on it) and Welcome To My Nightmare were both cool as Hell.

A lot of cd covers are really cool but its not the same as an album due to the size limitation and the glossy effects a lot of album covers had.

Plus for us older folk, double albums had additional uses (if i still had them there would probably still be seeds in the bindings, :D )
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:00 pm

well deserved!! :cheers:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:00 am

BehnWilson wrote:Plus for us older folk, double albums had additional uses (if i still had them there would probably still be seeds in the bindings, :D )

I seem to recall using my Goes To Hell cover for just such practical purpose on numerous occasions. Had that LP since I was about 10 years old but it got stolen with many others. :cry:

DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:32 am

congrats to Alice and the original line up Long Over-due

I may be in the minority but I loved his more punk era ... Flush the Fashion and Special Forces were awesome albums although a little short in length still stellar IMHO :cheers: :beerwink:

I own most if not all Alice's albums (minus a live one or hits) ... Got to see him live twice. Once on the Dirty Diamonds tour and 1 doing a classic/older material. never the original line-up though.

on a side note the original line up did an album without Alice as Billion Dollar Babies called Battle Axe (anyone remember it) ....... not a great album but one a fan would go collect :cheers:
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:53 am

DragonLordJones wrote:congrats to Alice and the original line up Long Over-due
    I may be in the minority but I loved his more punk era ... Flush the Fashion and Special Forces were awesome albums although a little short in length still stellar IMHO :cheers: :beerwink:
    I own most if not all Alice's albums (minus a live one or hits) ... Got to see him live twice. Once on the Dirty Diamonds tour and 1 doing a classic/older material. never the original line-up though.
    on a side note the original line up did an album without Alice as Billion Dollar Babies called Battle Axe (anyone remember it) ....... not a great album but one a fan would go collect :cheers:

Flush the Fashion and Special Forces are not the best records, but still have a special charm and contain some great song like Pain or Don't Talk Old To Me
    btw, I've seen Cooper about eights to ten times :cool:
    I've read about "Billion Dollar Babies" but never heard a single tune...
    wishlist '25:
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:14 am

Billion Dollar Babies - Shine Your Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP2S_oGbz_I

looks like Glen Buxton (original guitarist passed away in 1997

also Michael Bruce put out music as the Michael Bruce Group :cheers:
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:25 pm

Found this post on a hockey message board I post on, Awesome! Let Desmond Child go back to writing for Cher now!!!

There's a good interview with Alice in Rolling Stone ...

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... s-20101214

Looks like the original band will be getting back together for this, and maybe more . . .

Is the original band going to perform?
    Yeah, in fact, we've done a couple things together in recent years.

Are you thinking of playing in more shows with the original band in the near future?
    I think it is inevitable. We have been looking for an excuse to do that anyway. Why not do 4 or 5 major cities, Detroit especially since that's where we broke out of. Los Angeles, New York, London, Toronto. Those were like the five cities where we got our biggest push. We might do that in the spring
    Last edited by BehnWilson on Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:37 pm

seems like I have to go to London again ;)
    would prefer the Detroit show...but Detroit isn't exactly around the corner

couldn't find the interview on the page - could you please check the link again? thx
    wishlist '25:
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:42 pm

last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:53 pm

thx
    wishlist '25:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:01 pm

BehnWilson wrote:the alltime classic Saving Silverman.

Random tidbit...

Filmed here in Van...

The scene where Jack Black runs up and hugs Neil then gets punched out is on the same spot where I stood in line to see Maiden and Twisted Sister on the Powerslave tour decades ago :headbanger:

• BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:41 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    BehnWilson wrote:the alltime classic Saving Silverman.

Random tidbit...

Filmed here in Van...

The scene where Jack Black runs up and hugs Neil then gets punched out is on the same spot where I stood in line to see Maiden and Twisted Sister on the Powerslave tour decades ago :headbanger:

That movie makes me nostalgic. It was when Jack Black was actually funny which also seems like decades ago.
    hodgy
    Crewman

by hodgy » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:24 am

I am a HUGE Cooper fan (shameless plug: I play in the Pacific Northwest's Greatest AC tribute band DEVIL'S FOOD), and while I really love the original group, I find that his finest works come from the mid-to-late seventies; Welcome to My Nightmare, Goes to Hell, Lace and Whiskey, and From the Inside are just phenomenal. Due in no small part to the songwriting and guitar playing of Dick Wagner. My all-time favorite, though, is the one I hated the most when I was a kid and 'Killer' was my fave:
    Dada. Casual Alice fans generally hate this record, done as a collaboration between Bob Ezrin, Alice, and Wagner it is dark, lyrically brilliant, and has some great guitar solos. Alice also says he was so drunk he remembers almost nothing about recording it.
  • Post Reply 29 posts Page 1 of 1