Post Reply 4993 posts
Hockeyagi!! - 2011/2066 race for the cup!!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

Re: Hockeyagi!! - 2011/2012 race for the cup!!

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:08 pm

Crap!

I wanted to go Edmonton so bad but just couldn't see Minny blowing their season losing at home to a team who'd lost 9 of its last 10 games :shock:

Really needed that HT too lol

Betting Kyoko went Edmonton but maybe also went Calgary haha
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:09 pm

mooyagi wrote:Oh look! A delusional Kings fan! The most common sight in all of hockey.

Sorry athun, I hadn't seen the hit til reading the chatter here but went and watched it and it looks intentional to me at regular speed, slow-mo and backwards. He didn't just brace, he lunged his elbow towards Pom's face. :|

TheBigJankowski
    Petty Officer

by TheBigJankowski » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:14 pm

Western conference comes down to the wire. 3 teams battling for 2 spots, last day of the season. Right now, Columbus is on the outside looking in. Minnesota absolutely got pummeled by Edmonton tonight. Now to just get that Columbus win and hope for a Detroit and/or another Minnesota loss.

With that, I'll be cheering my Blue Jackets on and I will be a HUGE Dallas fan Saturday. If the Avs want to roll the Wild, that'll be fun, too. Spend a bazillion dollars on 2 guys and miss the playoffs. Love it.
    2015: Wish List: BloodCeremony, Pallbearer, Funeral, NeObliviscaris, 11thHour, BoltThrower, MDB, SearBliss, LethianDreams, EternalTearsOfSorrow, Jaldaboath, Borknagar, Equalibrium, Insomnium, Manegarm, Scox, Lumsk, CultofLuna, Einherjer, Ex Deo, HoB
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:41 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:Crap!

I wanted to go Edmonton so bad but just couldn't see Minny blowing their season losing at home to a team who'd lost 9 of its last 10 games :shock:

Really needed that HT too lol

Betting Kyoko went Edmonton but maybe also went Calgary haha

The hell, second day in a row you had same predictions as me. Stop doing that, else I won't be able to beat you!
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    athun
    Petty Officer

by athun » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:52 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Oh look! A delusional Kings fan! The most common sight in all of hockey.

Sorry athun, I hadn't seen the hit til reading the chatter here but went and watched it and it looks intentional to me at regular speed, slow-mo and backwards. He didn't just brace, he lunged his elbow towards Pom's face. :|

with you all who think it was a cheap shot, :bitch: i thought to myself, am i wrong. So i asked some experts if they thought it was a good, clean hit.

their response: Clean play, Yeah, sure, Old Time Hockey!

case closed.

:smash:
    shaneos
    Chief Petty Officer

by shaneos » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:30 am

TheBigJankowski wrote:Western conference comes down to the wire. 3 teams battling for 2 spots, last day of the season. Right now, Columbus is on the outside looking in. Minnesota absolutely got pummeled by Edmonton tonight. Now to just get that Columbus win and hope for a Detroit and/or another Minnesota loss.

With that, I'll be cheering my Blue Jackets on and I will be a HUGE Dallas fan Saturday. If the Avs want to roll the Wild, that'll be fun, too. Spend a bazillion dollars on 2 guys and miss the playoffs. Love it.

Sorry Michael D but I too would love love love to see the Wild miss the playoffs by a game. It'll be another season or too before I can let go of the TREACHERY of Suter. :evil:

I hate the fact the Jackets have to beat the Preds to qualify, that's a little dissappointing.
    Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:21 am

I'd rather see Minnesota and Columbus than see Detroit get in.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:03 pm

athun wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:

with you all who think it was a cheap shot, :bitch: i thought to myself, am i wrong. So i asked some experts if they thought it was a good, clean hit.

their response: Clean play, Yeah, sure, Old Time Hockey!

case closed.

:smash:

#FanBlinders #TooMuchSmogInLA
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:15 pm

Anyone happen to know how many yearly stats streaks were broken this year due to the shortened season? I would imagine there are a bunch of 20 goal/30 goal/80 point/30 wins/etc. that are going to affect contract negotiations.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:18 pm

EvilDan wrote:Anyone happen to know how many yearly stats streaks were broken this year due to the shortened season? I would imagine there are a bunch of 20 goal/30 goal/80 point/30 wins/etc. that are going to affect contract negotiations.

We had two streaks:
    7 game losing streak
    Being shutout for the longest time in franchise history
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:19 pm

EvilDan wrote:Anyone happen to know how many yearly stats streaks were broken this year due to the shortened season? I would imagine there are a bunch of 20 goal/30 goal/80 point/30 wins/etc. that are going to affect contract negotiations.

No idea. My guess would be that the player/agent will try to argue that he would have had those stats in a full season based on the rate he was going during the shortened one.
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:34 pm

Alright Columbus! Now you just need Minnesota to lose
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:37 pm

Watching the Stars, I can't help thinking they've laid down for "future considerations".

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:39 pm

Fucking Bruins cannot play with a lead. All fucking season. :bitch:

There are THREE periods in a hockey game, not two. :roll:

Still can win the division with two points against Ottawa tomorrow. At least they were able to still get a point in the game today. They need to figure out their penalty kill very, very quickly. It's been atrocious to close out the season.
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:19 pm

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:45 pm

And that's a wrap on the Coyotes season. Glad to see them pull out the win in Anaheim tonight. End on a high note. It will be yet another very eventful offseason for them. Both the coach and GM are in need of new contracts, they have a huge number of free agents and the never-ending ownership saga is still going. Got a look at a lot of young players this year coming up from Portland and a few of them have truly made their marks on the team. It'll be interesting to see what they do in the offseason.
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:47 pm

OW OW AWOOOOOOOOOO, figures we'd lose to the Avs but beat the Ducks :lol: . Really good game. Hat trick for Vrbata, which included a shortie, good night for LaBarbera. Great close to a disappointing season. Oliver Ekman-Larsson practically broke his leg blocking a shot in the last 20 seconds of a meaningless game....... Good pride win. And we won the series against the Ducks. Go figure. :deathhorns:
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:01 am

I missed the game last night, but glad to see 'em go out with a win!
    Thanks for the great times too guys! Sorry I didn't get to hang out that long. :|
    We'll see you again... soon.

:party:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    shaneos
    Chief Petty Officer

by shaneos » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:57 am

Well I'm glad that season is finally over for the Preds, finishing with only 2 wins out of 15 for April including an 8 loss streak.

Bumbed the Jackets didn't make it. Have to work out who to go for now, maybe the Blue's?
    Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:15 am

So it's true. I think Nieuwendyk did pretty well creating a team at the salary floor cap. I have my complaints, but he was extremely limited in what he could do, but still had a winning team. And to replace him with someone who assisted in the decline of det to the point they almost missed the playoffs for the first time in over 20 years? Guess he and Gagliardi didn't get along.

TheBigJankowski
    Petty Officer

by TheBigJankowski » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:02 am

Yeah, last night was a mix of joy, then depression then anger (mostly at the Kings who absolutely laid down for Minnesota and Detroit earlier in the week). Since half of the Rangers played for Columbus at one point, that's who I'm pulling for in the playoffs.

Can't complain about Columbus' season though. It was more than anyone could've hoped for. If Bobrovsky doesn't take home some hardware, there's something wrong with the way award winners are determined.
    2015: Wish List: BloodCeremony, Pallbearer, Funeral, NeObliviscaris, 11thHour, BoltThrower, MDB, SearBliss, LethianDreams, EternalTearsOfSorrow, Jaldaboath, Borknagar, Equalibrium, Insomnium, Manegarm, Scox, Lumsk, CultofLuna, Einherjer, Ex Deo, HoB
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:20 am

Since the Bruins are involved in all three Hat Trick picks today, I figure every one of us will magically get shutout. :lol:

Win in regulation, they win the division and face the Islanders.

Win in OT/shootout, they win the division and face the Senators.

Lose in any fashion, Montreal takes the division and Boston faces the Maple Leafs.
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:20 am

Malaka wrote:I missed the game last night, but glad to see 'em go out with a win!
    Thanks for the great times too guys! Sorry I didn't get to hang out that long. :|
    We'll see you again... soon.

:party:

Sounds good! I think you guys need to come to Tucson! We can go to the Meet Rack and Surely Wench.
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:24 am

TheBigJankowski wrote:Yeah, last night was a mix of joy, then depression then anger (mostly at the Kings who absolutely laid down for Minnesota and Detroit earlier in the week). Since half of the Rangers played for Columbus at one point, that's who I'm pulling for in the playoffs.

Can't complain about Columbus' season though. It was more than anyone could've hoped for. If Bobrovsky doesn't take home some hardware, there's something wrong with the way award winners are determined.

I was pulling for you guys! I hope Bobrovsky gets a Vezina nod, though last year Mike Smith was completely snubbed for a nomination, despite being AMAZING and having better numbers than Rinne. Hopefully since you aren't the red headed stepchild of the NHL like the Yotes are he will get a nod.
    CaptOblivious
    Ensign

by CaptOblivious » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:11 am

KDibildeaux wrote:
    TheBigJankowski wrote:Yeah, last night was a mix of joy, then depression then anger (mostly at the Kings who absolutely laid down for Minnesota and Detroit earlier in the week). Since half of the Rangers played for Columbus at one point, that's who I'm pulling for in the playoffs.

I was pulling for you guys! I hope Bobrovsky gets a Vezina nod, though last year Mike Smith was completely snubbed for a nomination, despite being AMAZING and having better numbers than Rinne. Hopefully since you aren't the red headed stepchild of the NHL like the Yotes are he will get a nod.

hey hey hey i resemble that red headed stepchild comment and yeah we get passed up for almost everything :cry:
    You can't have slaughter without laughter
    2012-cabin # 4519
    2012-BtH cabin# 2563
    2013-cabin # 3015
    2014-cabin # 2515
    2015-cabin # 8659
    Merch Whore .... you name it at a show ill try to buy it >.>
    Hockeyagi 2013 champ
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:13 am

Canada just beat USA for Gold in the World Under18 tourney in Sochi, Russia --great , hard fought game!
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:33 am

mooyagi wrote:Lose in any fashion, Montreal takes the division and Boston faces the Maple Leafs.

This!

Classic first round match-up that sends the Leafs packing early :beerwink:

Such a disgusting way for my Canucks to end their season last night in Edmonton. A great 2nd period battle that sees us go into the 3rd tied. They go ahead then we tie it up on a sweet goal from a rookie (Sestito) about 4 minutes in. Looks like we're headed for a 3-2 finish or OT/Shootout then BAM! Louie gets lit up for 5 goals in just over 3 minutes :shock: Total meltdown by everyone involved. Really hoping Schneider's late season 'injury' is mythical as suggested by many and just intended to get him rest before playoffs and throw off opposing coaching staff somehow. Oh well, at least we gave the Edmonton fans some nice memories to take to the golf course :|

Love that the Kings beat San Jose to 'win' the opportunity to play St. Louis in the first round. The Sharks were the best possible first round match-up for us so I couldn't be happier. I hope the Kings and Blues go 7 long hard games and beat the living crap out of each other in the process. Whoever escapes that series is gonna be dog tired come round 2. :headbanger:

Brackets were supposed to be up for picking today but no such luck atm. Looking forward to making my picks there.

Closing note on HTC. Regardless of what happens today, looks like my sweeite took us all to school this season. Not bad for a lady who just started following the game in the last few years. Lots of Canadian heart picks got her points but she held the lead for quite a few weeks here and took it to the end. Congrats Kyoko! :cheers:

KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:30 pm

CaptOblivious wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:

hey hey hey i resemble that red headed stepchild comment and yeah we get passed up for almost everything :cry:

So you're a Coyotes fan now? :D
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:33 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Lose in any fashion, Montreal takes the division and Boston faces the Maple Leafs.

This!

Classic first round match-up that sends the Leafs packing early :beerwink:

Such a disgusting way for my Canucks to end their season last night in Edmonton. A great 2nd period battle that sees us go into the 3rd tied. They go ahead then we tie it up on a sweet goal from a rookie (Sestito) about 4 minutes in. Looks like we're headed for a 3-2 finish or OT/Shootout then BAM! Louie gets lit up for 5 goals in just over 3 minutes :shock: Total meltdown by everyone involved. Really hoping Schneider's late season 'injury' is mythical as suggested by many and just intended to get him rest before playoffs and throw off opposing coaching staff somehow. Oh well, at least we gave the Edmonton fans some nice memories to take to the golf course :|

Love that the Kings beat San Jose to 'win' the opportunity to play St. Louis in the first round. The Sharks were the best possible first round match-up for us so I couldn't be happier. I hope the Kings and Blues go 7 long hard games and beat the living crap out of each other in the process. Whoever escapes that series is gonna be dog tired come round 2. :headbanger:

Brackets were supposed to be up for picking today but no such luck atm. Looking forward to making my picks there.

Closing note on HTC. Regardless of what happens today, looks like my sweeite took us all to school this season. Not bad for a lady who just started following the game in the last few years. Lots of Canadian heart picks got her points but she held the lead for quite a few weeks here and took it to the end. Congrats Kyoko! :cheers:

I don't know Rob, the Sharks have been almost invincible at home. I wouldn't underestimate them. And go Blues!

Awesome job, Kyoko!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:15 pm

Fear not. No underestimating going on whatsoever. Just a preferred match-up over the Blues or Kings imo. Honestly, with the season we've had, we're lucky to be in the playoffs at all and I'm not looking too far ahead by any means. I'm just happy we're not playing the Oilers :lol:

ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:16 pm

Overall predictions for playoffs...

Logically - Penguins vs Blues final

Hoping for - Bruins vs Canucks final

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:44 pm

Fucking pathetic. :roll:

Bruins have been absolutely horrible since they got off their easy schedule to start the season. Honestly, I can't even pick them to beat the fucking Maple Leafs right now given how they've played. Lots of changes coming I think after their upcoming first round exit. :evil:
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:48 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:Love that the Kings beat San Jose to 'win' the opportunity to play St. Louis in the first round. The Sharks were the best possible first round match-up for us so I couldn't be happier. I hope the Kings and Blues go 7 long hard games and beat the living crap out of each other in the process. Whoever escapes that series is gonna be dog tired come round 2. :headbanger:

Nah, St. Louis is the dream match-up for Kings. 7-0 for Kings and this includes last year's play-offs sweep.

Oh, and how mooyagi was correct - shut out for me on a triple Bruins questions :)
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:56 am

mooyagi wrote:Don't forget to sign up for the Bracket Challenge!

http://hattrick.nhl.com/playoff_challenge?locale=en

League name: 70KTonsOfHockey
    Password: 70ktons

Sign up now if you haven't already! Need to get your round 1 picks in before the games start Tuesday.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:36 am

NuuX wrote:Nah, St. Louis is the dream match-up for Kings. 7-0 for Kings and this includes last year's play-offs sweep.

At risk of duplication as I believe the word 'delusional' was used recently in this thread but, ummm, yeah. Enjoy your round one departure sir :P

And I got shutout yesterday too lol. Great minds think alike :lol:

CaptOblivious
    Ensign

by CaptOblivious » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:42 am

i am all picked up in both the bracket and pick em just waiting on the HTC to add the first night questions
    2012-cabin # 4519
    2012-BtH cabin# 2563
    2013-cabin # 3015
    2014-cabin # 2515
    2015-cabin # 8659
    Hockeyagi 2013 champ
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:51 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    NuuX wrote:Nah, St. Louis is the dream match-up for Kings. 7-0 for Kings and this includes last year's play-offs sweep.

At risk of duplication as I believe the word 'delusional' was used recently in this thread but, ummm, yeah. Enjoy your round one departure sir :P

And I got shutout yesterday too lol. Great minds think alike :lol:

I don't get your post. What's delusional? Kings swept Blues this season as well as in play-offs last season.

The only people delusional are Canucks fans thinking they can get their hands on some silverware this season :D
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:56 am

NuuX wrote:I don't get your post. What's delusional? Kings swept Blues this season as well as in play-offs last season.

The only people delusional are Canucks fans thinking they can get their hands on some silverware this season :D

Not sure I know of any Canuck fans that have their eyes on the cup at this point. If any do, I'd call them even more delusional than you. Anyone can win of course. That's the beauty of this tourney. But anyone aside from Pens or Hawks fans who feel confident of making it to the final are wearing blinders if ya ask me.

ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:57 am

CaptOblivious wrote:i am all picked up in both the bracket and pick em just waiting on the HTC to add the first night questions

I can't remember if they do one for the playoffs or not. I hope so. HTC is good fun :headbanger:

CaptOblivious
    Ensign

by CaptOblivious » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:56 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    CaptOblivious wrote:i am all picked up in both the bracket and pick em just waiting on the HTC to add the first night questions

I can't remember if they do one for the playoffs or not. I hope so. HTC is good fun :headbanger:

they did last year so i am hoping they have it again this year cause i got stomped in the pick em and brackets after round 1 last year :P gotta learn to pick with my head not my heart.
    2012-cabin # 4519
    2012-BtH cabin# 2563
    2013-cabin # 3015
    2014-cabin # 2515
    2015-cabin # 8659
    Hockeyagi 2013 champ
Post Reply 4993 posts