Post Reply 4995 posts
Hockeyagi!! - 2011/2066 race for the cup!!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

Re: Hockeyagi!! - 2011/2066 race for the cup!!

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:42 am

klons wrote:Ryan Miller, welcome to the Vancouver Goalie Graveyard. :lol:

I'm looking forward to the Canucks tanking for a few years. Not only will it force the franchise to lower their ticket costs, but it allows for a bigger market share for my Whitecaps! At the cheapest ticket (last I checked), I would be lucky to make five games for the cost of my (10thish row) season tickets... talk about a rip off!

Totally agree regarding ticket prices although they will never go down. I only go to games I get free tickets to. Otherwise, it's all about the 57" LED :lol:

As for Miller, I'm just glad we got him for just a 3 year term. Demko will be ready in a couple years and I believe Miller and Lack, while not providing anything you'd bet money on to make a cup run, will provide enough decent, consistent goaltending to allow a team to develop in front of them around whatever systems the new braintrust has in mind. I doubt they'll tank per se but would be surprised if they're able to compete with anything resembling past years' success in this tough division. Still, I do anticipate some entertaining hockey and I doubt we'll be absolute bottom feeders by any means.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:47 pm

Anyone have cap space they want to donate? Please send it to Peter Chiarelli. :roll:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:00 am

ShoreSlayer wrote: ... and I doubt we'll be absolute bottom feeders by any means.

If you go for that you'll have severe competition in Oilers. It seems like they don't want to give away the coveted last spot :D
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:06 pm

Hey Ryan, the 'Nucks picked up Vrbata today for 2 years at 5 million/yr. Should I be happy? :?

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:58 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Hey Ryan, the 'Nucks picked up Vrbata today for 2 years at 5 million/yr. Should I be happy? :?

5 million AAV is most likely an overpayment but he should help you guys. He is very, very streaky. He can't create his own chances but put him with Hank and Dank and he can score. Don't expect too much on defense although he does have slightly positive possession numbers (granted he gets more offensive zone starts).

I would expect 20+ goals if he somehow stays healthy, although he's never hit 20 outside of the desert. In his best year he scored 35 with Ray Whitney setting him up. Scored 20 this season with 10 coming on the power play. He also seemed to disappear as the season wore on and couldn't buy a goal in the home stretch.

Also a good shootout weapon. 4th among active players in career shootout goals.

Apparently he was willing to go back to Arizona for a lot less money (longer term) but the Coyotes didn't want to give him a full NTC.

All in all I'd say it's a pretty good pickup for the Canucks as long as he can stay healthy. Again, 5 mil is a bit much but if the team isn't going to hit the cap it shouldn't be an issue.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:17 pm

Better than I expected. Thanks :headbanger:

KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:47 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:Hey Ryan, the 'Nucks picked up Vrbata today for 2 years at 5 million/yr. Should I be happy? :?

BOO!!!! You stole our Vrby! :cry: :cry: :cry:

I would like to go on the record and say I hate free agency :bitch:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:43 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:

We didn't steal him, he jumped ship for money. Greedy free agent bastard!! You must now despise him and under no circumstances permit your former affections or loyalties towards him to give you cause to ever cheer for Vancouver. Ever!

We have enough troubles of our own without taking on any residual influence of the Kate curse :P

KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:30 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:

We didn't steal him, he jumped ship for money. Greedy free agent bastard!! You must now despise him and under no circumstances permit your former affections or loyalties towards him to give you cause to ever cheer for Vancouver. Ever!

We have enough troubles of our own without taking on any residual influence of the Kate curse :P

No worries, I have no intention of cheering for Vancouver. Methinks you guys are cursed enough, without my help :lol: :lol: :lol:.

Actually, Vrby was about set to take a cheap contract from the Yotes but wanted a full NTC/NMC, which the Coyotes weren't comfortable offering, since they just got burned by Mike Ribeiro (thanks for nothing, fuckhead). Sigh
    Wicker Man
    Petty Officer

by Wicker Man » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:56 pm

Are we doing a hockey pool this year? on yahoo or any other website
    The shadow of the Wicker Man is rising up again!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:17 pm

Wicker Man wrote:Are we doing a hockey pool this year? on yahoo or any other website

We always do the NHL Hat Trick Challenge here: http://hattrick.nhl.com/hattrick?locale=en

Other than that, we haven't done anything until the playoffs where we do the bracket challenge and a couple of fantasy games (ESPN/TSN and Sportsnet).
    athun
    Petty Officer

by athun » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 pm

it may be preseason, but Sutter is back in regular season interview form:

Asked what he thought the Kings needed to do to repeat, Sutter said: "Probably make the playoffs first. That's the first significant step."

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:17 pm

athun wrote:it may be preseason, but Sutter is back in regular season interview form:

Asked what he thought the Kings needed to do to repeat, Sutter said: "Probably make the playoffs first. That's the first significant step."

Here's hoping they don't take that first step :beerwink:
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:12 pm

So... Cheering for Calgary of course, but... I watched Shane Doan (and I hope i got that right) today sign autographs and talk to people, and being an amazing rep for pro athletes! That is how they should rock, if they want some respect, follow guys like that! Hat's off to you Mr. Doan

Here ya go Kate ! A buddy posted this on his FaceBook. Arizona was playing Calgary in preseason, in a little town (4000 or so) located right between Edmonton and Calgary.

:beerwink:
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:31 am

Jaimie38 wrote:So... Cheering for Calgary of course, but... I watched Shane Doan (and I hope i got that right) today sign autographs and talk to people, and being an amazing rep for pro athletes! That is how they should rock, if they want some respect, follow guys like that! Hat's off to you Mr. Doan

Here ya go Kate ! A buddy posted this on his FaceBook. Arizona was playing Calgary in preseason, in a little town (4000 or so) located right between Edmonton and Calgary.

Like, red deer?
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:54 am

Stained Class wrote:
    Jaimie38 wrote:So... Cheering for Calgary of course, but... I watched Shane Doan (and I hope i got that right) today sign autographs and talk to people, and being an amazing rep for pro athletes! That is how they should rock, if they want some respect, follow guys like that! Hat's off to you Mr. Doan

Like, red deer?

Sylvan Lake

Yeah, Doan is awesome for stuff like that. He always makes time for the fans.
    Decibel
    Oiler

by Decibel » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:33 pm

That was a great game too, interesting to see them lax off a little on some of the rules.
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:32 pm

Oh yes. DOAN always stops and signs every autograph. The man is a class act and an awesome human being. We're lucky to have him as a captain.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:22 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Wicker Man wrote:Are we doing a hockey pool this year? on yahoo or any other website

We always do the NHL Hat Trick Challenge here: http://hattrick.nhl.com/hattrick?locale=en

Nothing there yet. Day 1 is October 8th right?

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:04 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

Nothing there yet. Day 1 is October 8th right?

Yup. If I remember correctly, last season it didn't go up until very close to opening night.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:21 pm

Looks like Smitty is poised for another great season. I didn't see the game here but apparently we threw a LOT of rubber at him with quality chances and he made it look easy as usual. Hoping both the 'Nucks and Pho... Arizona have great seasons and get to see each other in the post-season this time 'round :headbanger:

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:54 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Looks like Smitty is poised for another great season. I didn't see the game here but apparently we threw a LOT of rubber at him with quality chances and he made it look easy as usual. Hoping both the 'Nucks and Pho... Arizona have great seasons and get to see each other in the post-season this time 'round :headbanger:

Heh, not too confident on AZ's playoff chances. The Western Conference is going to be rough this year and the Coyotes just haven't made any improvements. Smitty will have to play out of his mind and carry the team to the postseason. He's done it once, but his body of work makes it look like that year was an outlier. Also, so much for the youth movement the team was talking about all offseason. Domi, Gormley and Samuelsson have been sent down. It's a shame Domi has to return to London and can't move on to Portland because of the CHL/AHL eligibility rules. I feel like he has nothing more to learn at the junior level and would benefit a lot more from playing with pros. Was hoping he would at least get the 9 game tryout to start the season and be re-evaluated then.

Vrbata looks like he's fitting in nicely with the Sedins.

Bruins seem to be having the same issue with giving their top prospects a chance (Ryan Spooner especially) but at least they are looking like a contender yet again. I love that they were able to get bridge contracts for Krug and Smith that keep them under the cap (counting Savvy going on LTIR) so they can keep Boychuk and go all in for a run this season.
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:37 am

Here's to another great season by Kopitar, may he finally win the Selke award (altough it will probably go to a Canadian once again). :beerbang: :beerbang:
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:51 am

NuuX wrote:Here's to another great season by Kopitar, may he finally win the Selke award (altough it will probably go to a Canadian once again). :beerbang: :beerbang:

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:26 am

We have 9 NHL defensemen but only 4 capable of playing top 4 minutes so let's trade our fucking 2nd pairing anchor. Great move. :roll:

Seidenberg better be healthy and more effective than he was before the injury last year and Bartkowski better make a jump in his development. He couldn't work on the 2nd pairing with Seidenberg out last year but now looks like he's the #4 d-man option.

Was hoping one or two of McQuaid, Bartkowski or Miller would be the ones to go for cap space, not Boychuk. :bitch:

Chara - Hamilton
    Seidenberg - Bartkowski
    Krug - McQuaid/Miller

That's still pretty good but I'd feel a lot better about that 2nd pairing with Boychuk on there.
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:35 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:Looks like Smitty is poised for another great season. I didn't see the game here but apparently we threw a LOT of rubber at him with quality chances and he made it look easy as usual. Hoping both the 'Nucks and Pho... Arizona have great seasons and get to see each other in the post-season this time 'round :headbanger:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE&sns=em&t=15s
    Last edited by KDibildeaux on Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:36 am

mooyagi wrote:We have 9 NHL defensemen but only 4 capable of playing top 4 minutes so let's trade our fucking 2nd pairing anchor. Great move. :roll:

Seidenberg better be healthy and more effective than he was before the injury last year and Bartkowski better make a jump in his development. He couldn't work on the 2nd pairing with Seidenberg out last year but now looks like he's the #4 d-man option.

Was hoping one or two of McQuaid, Bartkowski or Miller would be the ones to go for cap space, not Boychuk. :bitch:

Chara - Hamilton
    Seidenberg - Bartkowski
    Krug - McQuaid/Miller

That's still pretty good but I'd feel a lot better about that 2nd pairing with Boychuk on there.

:(
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:41 am

KDibildeaux wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:We have 9 NHL defensemen but only 4 capable of playing top 4 minutes so let's trade our fucking 2nd pairing anchor. Great move. :roll:

Chara - Hamilton
    Seidenberg - Bartkowski
    Krug - McQuaid/Miller

:(

Bartkowski has looked good so far in the preseason, but he was a liability in the #4 spot last year. If he can clean up his mistakes and bad penalties, they should still be fine. I guess only time will tell but as of right now, the team is worse than it was about an hour ago.

Boychuk was such a great fit for the Bruins. Grrrrr.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:31 pm

mooyagi wrote:

Other than that, we haven't done anything until the playoffs where we do the bracket challenge and a couple of fantasy games (ESPN/TSN and Sportsnet).

Either because they're working on it as I type or just cuz they changed it, your link appears to be broken. However, a google search for NHL Hat Trick Challenge 2015 led me to this: http://hattrick.nhl.com/#/picks?entry_id=mine

Group Name - 70K Tons of Hockey
    Password - 70KTOM

Also, my favourite, weekly picks pool is up and running again. Hoping Chris and others from here will return for another go round this season... Will post the link later once home.

ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:54 pm

Well, the great pool I spoke of is up n' running but something's not right as all links are redirecting me back to their nhl main page.

Could someone else give it a shot and let me know if they have the same trouble or if it's just me plz? Thnx!

http://fantasy.sportsnet.ca/sn/hockey14/promo?utm_source=Notices&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2014-10-07%3A+Play+the+NEW+Sportsnet+Fantasy+Hockey+Pool&utm_content=top.jpg
    Okay, never mind. Got it figured out.

They've changed the entire interface and some aspects of the system by adding a 3 stars selection where you identify one of your forwards, one D and a goalie as your star in that category for the week and get bonuses if they perform well. Will be interesting to see how it looks from week to week.

Thanks for making the group Ryan. Guess I didn't finalize it or something.
    Last edited by ShoreSlayer on Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:03 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

Either because they're working on it as I type or just cuz they changed it, your link appears to be broken. However, a google search for NHL Hat Trick Challenge 2015 led me to this: http://hattrick.nhl.com/#/picks?entry_id=mine

Group Name - 70K Tons of Hockey
    Password - 70KTOM

Also, my favourite, weekly picks pool is up and running again. Hoping Chris and others from here will return for another go round this season... Will post the link later once home.

I couldn't find the group you listed so I went ahead and made one. Same name and password that you put in your post.

Also, there is a mobile app now for hat trick challenge
    CaptOblivious
    Ensign

by CaptOblivious » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:31 am

in for both hat trick and sportsnet cause dammit i want my title back from Rob :P
    You can't have slaughter without laughter
    2012-cabin # 4519
    2012-BtH cabin# 2563
    2013-cabin # 3015
    2014-cabin # 2515
    2015-cabin # 8659
    Merch Whore .... you name it at a show ill try to buy it >.>
    Hockeyagi 2013 champ
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:54 am

I think it's a high time for me to add another title to my season 1 victory. I'm sort of tired of back-to-back runner up spots :P
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:36 am

Game Day!!! :bmhorns:

The long offseason is finally over and real hockey starts tonight. Even though I'm going to be in boston and will likely pass through the garden on my way in, I don't have a ticket for tonight. :cry: Not entirely thrilled with the recent roster decisions but hopefully it all works out. There's a reason I'm not am NHL GM.

Go Bruins!
    shaneos
    Chief Petty Officer

by shaneos » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:26 am

OK back for the HT challenge. Hopefully do more than make up the numbers this year. I see you can change your sort order view to either HTs or points, not that it'll make a difference in my case :|
    Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:34 pm

1 selection short of a HT tonight but my 'Nucks won their first season opener in 5 years and currently tied with Boston, Montreal and San Jose for top spot in the league!!

Bring on the Playoffs!!! :lol:

• NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:31 am

That is not how you start a title defense.
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:52 pm

NuuX wrote:That is not how you start a title defense.

Keep it up! :beerwink:

Glad the bruins opened with a win. Opening night for the coyotes tonight playing the jets. Should be a fun one.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:09 am

mooyagi wrote:
    NuuX wrote:That is not how you start a title defense.

Keep it up! :beerwink:

Glad the bruins opened with a win. Opening night for the coyotes tonight playing the jets. Should be a fun one.

Or not. :shock: What an ass kicking that was.
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:07 am

mooyagi wrote:Or not. :shock: What an ass kicking that was.

You anticipated more than that? :shock:
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
Post Reply 4995 posts