Discuss anything else here
User

mooyagi

Rank

Captain

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm

Tucson, AZ, USA

Re: Hockeyagi!! - 2011/2066 race for the cup!!

by mooyagi » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:32 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:I actually like the way the NHL puts together and posts these disciplinary review vids

Yeah I like them too. Sometimes they'll do a video even if there is no discipline handed out.
I should get around to updating my signature
User

ShoreSlayer

Rank

Captain

Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm

Vancouver, BC

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:18 pm

They only aired 3 of the 4 games here today so I didn't get to record/see the US/Czech game but holy crap, what a pummeling!

Wish I had something good to say about our loss to the Finns aside from it being incredibly entertaining and infuriating haha. Too many penalties both ways but largely too many by one Canadian in particular who also just happens to play for the Canucks. He did put us shorthanded in almost every game of the tourney and a full 6 minutes of brain fart related penalties in today's game alone. Buddy's gotta learn to chill lol

Ahh well, best of luck to the Finns over Sweden. Should be a great battle there. As for US vs Russia, I'll cheer for the underdog as the US appear to have found some killer chemistry at just the right time. Ahh, what the hell, I'll cheer for a US / Finland final with the US losing in OT 7-6 :headbanger:

1st time in 17 years we haven't made it to the semis. This is hard to take :cry:
So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
:shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:
User

mooyagi

Rank

Captain

Tucson, AZ, USA

by mooyagi » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:32 pm

Czechs were completely overmatched in that one. Wasn't much of a game. :lol:

Watched the 3rd period of that Canada/Finland matchup. Surprised it was only 6-5 by the end of it.

So how many goals do you guys think John Scott will score in the All Star Game?
User

Jaimie38

Rank

Lieutenant

Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:29 pm

Edmonton,Canada

by Jaimie38 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:33 pm

No World Hockey Championship on the Cruise this time round.
6 Time Vet!
Wishlist--Accept,GRIMREAPER!!!,WASP,ArmoredSaint,DioDisciples,Loudness,
DangerousToys,Triumph.Scorpions,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,MorsPrincpiumEst,
Exmortus,TheOrderofChaos For those who are sailing with us in honour
no avatar
User

elj4176

Rank

Petty Officer

Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:38 am

by elj4176 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:01 am

Sabres fan checking in. I should be easy to spot on the cruise. Our future looks bright but we are not there yet.
Survivor 2016, 2017

pics from 2016
https://flic.kr/s/aHskFsgBhm
no avatar
User

IcedInferno

Rank

Oiler

Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:15 pm

by IcedInferno » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:17 pm

Leafs fan right here. Who do you think Drouin will end up with?
User

mooyagi

Rank

Captain

Tucson, AZ, USA

by mooyagi » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:12 pm

elj4176 wrote:Sabres fan checking in. I should be easy to spot on the cruise. Our future looks bright but we are not there yet.

Eichel has been looking good lately.

IcedInferno wrote:Leafs fan right here. Who do you think Drouin will end up with?

Montreal seems to have been making a big push for him but I'm not sure if they're willing to pay what Yzerman wants for him, though they may start panicking soon. If they get him, i hope they give up a lot. Especially since he wouldn't solve their issues this season. :twisted:
no avatar
User

IcedInferno

Rank

Oiler

by IcedInferno » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:19 pm

mooyagi wrote:
elj4176 wrote:Sabres fan checking in. I should be easy to spot on the cruise. Our future looks bright but we are not there yet.

IcedInferno wrote:Leafs fan right here. Who do you think Drouin will end up with?

Montreal seems to have been making a big push for him but I'm not sure if they're willing to pay what Yzerman wants for him, though they may start panicking soon. If they get him, i hope they give up a lot. Especially since he wouldn't solve their issues this season. :twisted:

You're thinking just like me, please don't go to MTL unless they overpay. It's not looking good for the kid, he didn't report to an AHL game and now he's suspended. He is not helping his cause, plus he should have stayed in TB. A great organisation, in the sunshine, with a chance to play a long career with Stamkos, Hedman and company. He might now endup in like Arizona or Carolina, or even worst, in Montréal where every single journalist is on you.
no avatar
User

IcedInferno

Rank

Oiler

by IcedInferno » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:21 pm

IcedInferno wrote:
mooyagi wrote:

You're thinking just like me, please don't go to MTL unless they overpay. It's not looking good for the kid, he didn't report to an AHL game and now he's suspended. He is not helping his cause, plus he should have stayed in TB. A great organisation, in the sunshine, with a chance to play a long career with Stamkos, Hedman and company. He might now endup in like Arizona or Carolina, or even worst, in Montréal where every single journalist is on you.

Oh shit, just realized that I mentionned Arizona and you're from Arizona. oups... :cheers:
User

mooyagi

Rank

Captain

Tucson, AZ, USA

by mooyagi » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:55 pm

:evil: :beerwink: I'm actually at the coyotes game right now. Season ticket holder. Grew up a bruins fan. Still wear my bruins gear when they're in town. :D

Drouin really isn't a fit for the desert. They have plenty of forward prospects. They need some top level d prospects though.
no avatar
User

elj4176

Rank

Petty Officer

Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:38 am

by elj4176 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:53 am

mooyagi wrote:

Eichel has been good but Reinhart has been a nice surprise. Johnson has been solid in goal for us but Lehner is back now. Risto is a beast too. ROR was a great pickup for us. We are a significantly better team this year but the standings aren't much better.

Drouin? I dunno. Sketchy move sitting out to try to force Yzerman's hand. We'll see - maybe it'll work or maybe he'll sit out a while.
Survivor 2016, 2017

pics from 2016
https://flic.kr/s/aHskFsgBhm
no avatar
User

IcedInferno

Rank

Oiler

by IcedInferno » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:06 pm

mooyagi wrote::evil: :beerwink: I'm actually at the coyotes game right now. Season ticket holder. Grew up a bruins fan. Still wear my bruins gear when they're in town. :D

Drouin really isn't a fit for the desert. They have plenty of forward prospects. They need some top level d prospects though.

The Coyotes future do seem bright, In a few years Domi, Duclair and Strome could be one of the best line in the NHL. And you're right, they don't really need Drouin because of that.
no avatar
User

NuuX

Rank

Ensign

Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:16 am

Slovenia

by NuuX » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:46 am

Them PPD games!!! I'm in such a suspense, 2 for 2 last two nights with two games yet to be played. Running out of nails to bite :(
2011 @ 5535
2012 @ 5527
2014 @ 2039
2015 @ 9675
2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
User

mooyagi

Rank

Captain

Tucson, AZ, USA

by mooyagi » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:08 pm

Really good article from John Scott's perspective on the whole All-Star Game thing. The Players' Tribune has some great writers. Fuck the NHL if what he's saying they told him is true. http://www.theplayerstribune.com/a-guy-like-me/
User

ShoreSlayer

Rank

Captain

Vancouver, BC

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:02 pm

mooyagi wrote:...Fuck the NHL ...

My quandry is, how do I say fuck you to bettman and the owners/league for this and so much other bullshit when they basically command a monopoly on the talent/entertainment I desire? Aside from refusing to buy their merch and PVRing every game I watch so I can avoid all the commercials they're running/selling/etc, I know of no other way to stick it to them for their crap other than to stop watching their product altogether which I'm loathe to do :bitch:
User

mooyagi

Rank

Captain

Tucson, AZ, USA

by mooyagi » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:15 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
mooyagi wrote:...Fuck the NHL ...

My quandry is, how do I say fuck you to bettman and the owners/league for this and so much other bullshit when they basically command a monopoly on the talent/entertainment I desire? Aside from refusing to buy their merch and PVRing every game I watch so I can avoid all the commercials they're running/selling/etc, I know of no other way to stick it to them for their crap other than to stop watching their product altogether which I'm loathe to do :bitch:

Wouldn't pvr'ing still count towards their ratings. I don't even know how ratings are measured though. There are other ways of watching. ;)

This whole john scott fiasco makes me angry especially after reading what they told him but not to the level where it would make me write off the league. I do truly believe that the coyotes wanted to dump him for legitimate hockey reasons. Hell, he's been out on waivers 3 or 4 times this season for roster flexibility. The timing was bad. It's just a shitty situation but credit to scott. He's handled this all very well.

On a different topic, fyi to everyone in the hat trick challenge: there are questions up for the skills challenge and the all star game so don't forget to get your picks in.
User

The Bus From Speed

Rank

Oiler

Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:58 pm

Calgary, Canadialand

by The Bus From Speed » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:07 pm

Depressed Flames fan checking in. Debating bringing my jersey since there are two games while I'm abroad and I haven't missed one yet, but either way I'll be easy to find with the good ol' Flaming Snot Horse on my battle jacket.

If anyone has paid any attention at all to my team... We're not even contenders for the cup. Not this year.

We started out shit then kinda picked it up... Now we're on the verge of another losing streak.

Anyway, GO FLAMES GO! See you all in a few days! :viking:
2016 @ 3312
2017 @ 8667
2018 @ ????
User

mooyagi

Rank

Captain

Tucson, AZ, USA

by mooyagi » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:38 pm

The Bus From Speed wrote:Depressed Flames fan checking in. Debating bringing my jersey since there are two games while I'm abroad and I haven't missed one yet, but either way I'll be easy to find with the good ol' Flaming Snot Horse on my battle jacket.

If anyone has paid any attention at all to my team... We're not even contenders for the cup. Not this year.

We started out shit then kinda picked it up... Now we're on the verge of another losing streak.

That's what you get for taking Dougie from us! :bitch: How's he been doing lately? I know he got off to a really rough start.
no avatar
User

NuuX

Rank

Ensign

Slovenia

by NuuX » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:23 am

Yea, right, Flames. I've been asking myself what happened during the offseason, they were such a pleasant surprise last year.
2011 @ 5535
2012 @ 5527
2014 @ 2039
2015 @ 9675
User

EvilDan

Rank

Lieutenant

Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:05 am

Dallas

by EvilDan » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:03 pm

mooyagi wrote:Really good article from John Scott's perspective on the whole All-Star Game thing. The Players' Tribune has some great writers. Fuck the NHL if what he's saying they told him is true. http://www.theplayerstribune.com/a-guy-like-me/

Looks like Mike Milbury has decided to take the NHL hardline against Scott in the All-Star pre-game. He's been condescending to the fans, insulting to Scott and the NHL, and derailed the conversation so much that he's not allowing the other commentators to talk about other players. I hope social media fucking roasts him for it.
Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
User

mooyagi

Rank

Captain

Tucson, AZ, USA

by mooyagi » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:31 pm

EvilDan wrote:
mooyagi wrote:Really good article from John Scott's perspective on the whole All-Star Game thing. The Players' Tribune has some great writers. Fuck the NHL if what he's saying they told him is true. http://www.theplayerstribune.com/a-guy-like-me/

Looks like Mike Milbury has decided to take the NHL hardline against Scott in the All-Star pre-game. He's been condescending to the fans, insulting to Scott and the NHL, and derailed the conversation so much that he's not allowing the other commentators to talk about other players. I hope social media fucking roasts him for it.

I can't stand Milbury. Someone needs to beat him with a shoe. :P Roenick was annoying yesterday too during the skills competition but I'm also programmed to hate Roenick for trying to get the Coyotes to Seattle. NBC needs some new talent.
User

EvilDan

Rank

Lieutenant

Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:05 am

Dallas

by EvilDan » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:46 pm

EvilDan wrote:I hope social media fucking roasts him for it.

EXCORIATES... I should have said excoriates... :oops:
Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
User

mooyagi

Rank

Captain

Tucson, AZ, USA

by mooyagi » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:36 pm

And he scores. By actually making a nice hockey play. Suck it, Milbury! :deathhorns:
User

The Bus From Speed

Rank

Oiler

Calgary, Canadialand

by The Bus From Speed » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:33 pm

mooyagi wrote:
The Bus From Speed wrote:Depressed Flames fan checking in. Debating bringing my jersey since there are two games while I'm abroad and I haven't missed one yet, but either way I'll be easy to find with the good ol' Flaming Snot Horse on my battle jacket.

That's what you get for taking Dougie from us! :bitch: How's he been doing lately? I know he got off to a really rough start.

Sorry for the late reply, I'm leaving tomorrow.

He was doing really poorly until the Flames played Boston. That was the game he really started to shine and he's been doing better and better ever since. Not that it made a difference, looking at our W-L-O :beerwink:
2016 @ 3312
2017 @ 8667
2018 @ ????
User

The Bus From Speed

Rank

Oiler

Calgary, Canadialand

by The Bus From Speed » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:07 pm

Oh, and about the whole John Scott thing... 2 goals and a standing ovation?

2016 @ 3312
2017 @ 8667
2018 @ ????
User

ShoreSlayer

Rank

Captain

Vancouver, BC

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:30 am

Playoff pool fun time coming soon! All the usual suspects still hanging round to take part?
User

mooyagi

Rank

Captain

Tucson, AZ, USA

by mooyagi » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:05 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Playoff pool fun time coming soon! All the usual suspects still hanging round to take part?

Depends on how mad at hockey I am come Saturday afternoon. :lol:
User

ShoreSlayer

Rank

Captain

Vancouver, BC

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:43 am

***EDIT*** Added HTC Link and Group Info***EDIT***

Speaking of which, congrats on the regular season come from behind victory Shaneos! Looked like Mooyagi was running away with it for most of the first half or more of the season then you just crept up and slapped him on your way by. Nice work! I won't talk about my own performance lol. :cry:

Will add to this post as I find more links and create groups but, for now, here's the usual daily Hat Trick Challenge and the 4 round Bracket Challenge. Info for the HTC is the same as it was for the regular season that just passed but I can't remember it right now.

NHL Playoffs 2016 Hat Trick Challenge

Group: 70K Tons of Hockey
PW: Same as regular season (?)

Samsung NHL Playoffs 2016 Bracket Challenge

League: 70K Hockey
PW: 70Ktonsofhockey

I always play this one every year and really enjoy it... Canadian based but pretty sure it's open to all

http://fantasy2.sportsnet.ca/sportsnet/hkplayoff16/promo

ESPN / TSN do one that's a bit more complicated but can't find it yet either.

Stay tuned or add any others you think we should add to the list :headbanger:
User

ShoreSlayer

Rank

Captain

Vancouver, BC

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:53 am

Go Canucks G...

Ah shit :evil:
User

mooyagi

Rank

Captain

Tucson, AZ, USA

by mooyagi » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:19 pm

Sounds like we might get the Coyotes' AHL affiliate in Tucson for next season. Hopefully that happens.

Go Not Blackhawks or Kings or Penguins or Red Wings or Flyers!
User

shaneos

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:59 am

Nashville, TN

by shaneos » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:12 pm

Hey a little late posting but thanks guys. 1st win in the hattrick challenge, plus the Preds had a huge win tonight!!

I've got 1 so far in the playoff challenge, will join the league later.
Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.
User

mooyagi

Rank

Captain

Tucson, AZ, USA

by mooyagi » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:16 am

Looks like i won the playoff hat trick challenge. It's a shame that pittsburgh won the cup. :bitch:
no avatar
User

NuuX

Rank

Ensign

Slovenia

by NuuX » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:32 pm

Hooray for Penguins!
Grats to mooyagi for finally winning "his" competition.
Boo to myself for finishing second ... third or fourth time in a row :(
2011 @ 5535
2012 @ 5527
2014 @ 2039
2015 @ 9675
User

mooyagi

Rank

Captain

Tucson, AZ, USA

by mooyagi » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:59 pm

Wow. Boring day in the NHL today. :lol:
User

mooyagi

Rank

Captain

Tucson, AZ, USA

by mooyagi » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:29 pm

Has anyone been watching the World Cup of Hockey? I love the North America sweaters. A bit of a gimmicky tournament but it has been fun to watch so far.
User

Jaimie38

Rank

Lieutenant

Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:29 pm

Edmonton,Canada

by Jaimie38 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:54 pm

We have a new arena!! The old barn was built in the 70's, so it's really old.... and shitty sound for concerts.

http://www.rogersplace.com/

Right in the downtown and, only 8 blocks from home! :stagger: :stagger: :stagger: :stagger:

:D

Hello Property Values!
6 Time Vet!
Wishlist--Accept,GRIMREAPER!!!,WASP,ArmoredSaint,DioDisciples,Loudness,
DangerousToys,Triumph.Scorpions,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,MorsPrincpiumEst,
Exmortus,TheOrderofChaos For those who are sailing with us in honour
User

Masterbas

Rank

Petty Officer

Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:45 am

Montreal, Canada

by Masterbas » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:48 am

mooyagi wrote:Has anyone been watching the World Cup of Hockey? I love the North America sweaters. A bit of a gimmicky tournament but it has been fun to watch so far.

I do follow the WCH, but being a Canadian it's not a huge feat lol. Too bad team America and North America Youth got eliminated, we'll kick the Russians for you don't worry :).
2017 - Cabin 9580
2018 - Cabin 9611

3.Inches.of.Blood.(wishfull.thinking.I.know)-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-An.Abstract.Illusion-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Arkona-/-Battle.Beast-/-Blackguard-/-Black.Symphony-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Crimson.Shadows-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Lunacy-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Deathstars-/-Delain-/-Devildriver-/-Distoriam-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dreamtale-/-Eluveitie-/-Ensiferum-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Exmortus-/-Exotheria-/-Ex.Deo-/-Finntroll-/-Firewind-/-Gloryhammer-/-Goatwhore-/-Gojira-/-Hammerfall-/-Hands.of.Despair-/-Insomnium-/-Kalmah-/-Kamelot-/-Kataklysm-/-Kobra.and.the.Lotus-/-Kontrust-/-Korpiklaani-/-Leaves'.Eyes-/-Linndemann-/-MainPain-/-Manegarm-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Mors.Principium.Est-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nekrogoblikon-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Novembers.Doom-/-Omnium.Gatherum-/-Orphaned.Land-/-Pain-/-Phantasma-/-Powerglove-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Sanguine.Glacialis-/-Scar.Symmetry-/-Serenity-/-Skeletonwitch-/-Skip.Rock-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Starkill-/-Steel.Panther-/-Steignyr-/-Stratovarius-/-Tengger.Cavalry-/-Terasbetoni-/-The.Agonist-/-Therion-/-Tristania-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Varg-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Volbeat-/-Wilderun-/-Wisdom-/-Xandria

Red - Out for being on-board last year
Green - It's ON
Cyan- Most Wanted
User

mooyagi

Rank

Captain

Tucson, AZ, USA

by mooyagi » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:22 am

Masterbas wrote:
mooyagi wrote:Has anyone been watching the World Cup of Hockey? I love the North America sweaters. A bit of a gimmicky tournament but it has been fun to watch so far.

I do follow the WCH, but being a Canadian it's not a huge feat lol. Too bad team America and North America Youth got eliminated, we'll kick the Russians for you don't worry :).

Team USA was pretty unlikable so I'm not too sad about them failing. North America was a treat to watch. That 3rd period and overtime against Sweden was top notch.
User

Masterbas

Rank

Petty Officer

Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:45 am

Montreal, Canada

by Masterbas » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:25 am

The russians got scary in second period, Saturday, but Canada prevails :). It should be an interesting final. Price vs Halak, two habs grown goaltender :).
2017 - Cabin 9580
2018 - Cabin 9611

3.Inches.of.Blood.(wishfull.thinking.I.know)-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-An.Abstract.Illusion-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Arkona-/-Battle.Beast-/-Blackguard-/-Black.Symphony-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Crimson.Shadows-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Lunacy-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Deathstars-/-Delain-/-Devildriver-/-Distoriam-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dreamtale-/-Eluveitie-/-Ensiferum-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Exmortus-/-Exotheria-/-Ex.Deo-/-Finntroll-/-Firewind-/-Gloryhammer-/-Goatwhore-/-Gojira-/-Hammerfall-/-Hands.of.Despair-/-Insomnium-/-Kalmah-/-Kamelot-/-Kataklysm-/-Kobra.and.the.Lotus-/-Kontrust-/-Korpiklaani-/-Leaves'.Eyes-/-Linndemann-/-MainPain-/-Manegarm-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Mors.Principium.Est-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nekrogoblikon-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Novembers.Doom-/-Omnium.Gatherum-/-Orphaned.Land-/-Pain-/-Phantasma-/-Powerglove-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Sanguine.Glacialis-/-Scar.Symmetry-/-Serenity-/-Skeletonwitch-/-Skip.Rock-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Starkill-/-Steel.Panther-/-Steignyr-/-Stratovarius-/-Tengger.Cavalry-/-Terasbetoni-/-The.Agonist-/-Therion-/-Tristania-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Varg-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Volbeat-/-Wilderun-/-Wisdom-/-Xandria

Red - Out for being on-board last year
Green - It's ON
Cyan- Most Wanted
User

mooyagi

Rank

Captain

Tucson, AZ, USA

by mooyagi » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:24 pm

Went to a preseason game in Anaheim on Tuesday. That was pretty fun. It was my first time seeing a game there. Coyotes won, too! It doesn't really count but still. The arena was okay. Nothing special, though the food and beer options seemed better than Arizona or Boston.
PreviousNext