Post Reply 223 posts
George RR Martin fans!!!
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

Re: George RR Martin fans!!!

by sageoftruth » Mon May 02, 2011 10:06 am

Shoot! I recently upgraded my Comcast service but still can't access the HBO channel that shows Game of Thrones! I guess it is time to put my new streaming software to use (Thanks again Viathyn).
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Mon May 02, 2011 3:11 pm

haha yeah no worries! I've been watching shows on that site for ages. Generally stuff loads up pretty fast, and almost every episode of every show is somehow linked through there.

The episode last night was the first one I actually watched on a TV! Much better than a laptop screen.. all the blood and boobs are in high res! :twisted:
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon May 02, 2011 3:39 pm

viathyn wrote:haha yeah no worries! I've been watching shows on that site for ages. Generally stuff loads up pretty fast, and almost every episode of every show is somehow linked through there.

The episode last night was the first one I actually watched on a TV! Much better than a laptop screen.. all the blood and boobs are in high res! :twisted:

Nice :) Yeah we grab them off the internet (because heaven only knows if/when it will come to broadcast television down here in Australia!!), then watch them via the xbox360 on the TV.

Latest episode was fantastic!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Mon May 09, 2011 8:11 pm

Sweet! I just found out you can watch Game of Thrones on demand. I saw the second episode for the first time. I kept rewinding and repeating the part where Tyrion hit Joffery.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon May 09, 2011 8:40 pm

sageoftruth wrote:Sweet! I just found out you can watch Game of Thrones on demand. I saw the second episode for the first time. I kept rewinding and repeating the part where Tyrion hit Joffery.

This show gets better and better!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Mon May 09, 2011 10:04 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    sageoftruth wrote:Sweet! I just found out you can watch Game of Thrones on demand. I saw the second episode for the first time. I kept rewinding and repeating the part where Tyrion hit Joffery.

This show gets better and better!

Anyone else find it considerably hard to stop watching that? :lol:

Can't wait to see more of the tournament in the next episode! My favorite part of the last one was the scene at the end where Catelyn goes around the bar, ensures she has the loyalty of each of the Stark and Tully banner men behind her and calls out Tyrion then demands his arrest :headbanger: So think we'll get a death or two next episode? My money is on Viserys :D

Oh and Arya is so damn awesome. Kind of mentality, spirit and drive every girl should have!

I think I've mentioned it, but damn do I want my own Direwolf :cry:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    WallieWallie
    Chief Petty Officer

by WallieWallie » Mon May 09, 2011 11:30 pm

So far I've only watched the first episode. Must catch up soon before I'm too far behind. =P
    And as Dallas stated...god knows when they air it abroad...so this Dutchie is on the D/L as well.
    Not 2 years behind on airing, no annoying commercial breaks... :headbanger:
    Survivor: 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2017 / 2018 / 2020
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Tue May 10, 2011 2:00 am

vikingbitch wrote:So think we'll get a death or two next episode?

Spoiler (click and drag mouse over text to read):
    [ I really hope so, although I'm curious how they will do Viserys' death. Having molten gold poured down your throat isn't something I've seen done before and can't imagine how they could make it look realistic. It's quite a gruesome death. I'm sure they'll find a way though. I'm hating him just as much as I did in the books so naturally I can't wait! ]

vikingbitch wrote:Oh and Arya is so damn awesome. Kind of mentality, spirit and drive every girl should have!

She was always one of my favs in the books but I have to say she was cast perfectly for the series. And according to imdb.com, this is her first acting role. :shock:

1914-/-Alkaloid-/-Annihilator-/-Be'lakor-/-Cage-/-Civil War-/-Deus mortem-/-Eternity's End-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Ghoul-/-Glyph-/-Grai-/-Grimner-/-Hellripper-/-Helloween-/-Igorrr-/-Iron Griffin-/-Jack Starr's Burning Starr-/-Kanonenfieber-/-Krux-/-Lör-/-Madder mortem-/-Mephorash-/-Metalian-/-Narzissus-/-Nocturnal Rites-/-Old Season-/-Paladin-/-Qantice-/-Riot V-/-Riot City-/-Sulphur Aeon-/-Stormkeep-/-Tad morose-/-Tankard-/-Tower-/-Ungfell-/-Vhaldemar-/-Walg-/-XIV Dark Centuries-/-Yoth iria
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue May 10, 2011 7:18 am

**SPOIIIILERRRRRRR*

[ Hey guys, just from looking at the episode list, number five is called The Wolf and the Lion, and number six is called A Golden Crown.... so expect Viserys to meet his grisly end a little later. Also, mayhaps there will be a boar hunt in the next episode? ]

Please check out my band

• vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Tue May 10, 2011 10:47 am

As reply to your last sentence, that would be fantastic! Know if you and Elly will be coming to my nerdish abode next weekend as well for GoT?
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue May 10, 2011 10:50 am

Ahhhh your quote unveiled the spoiler! hahaha. EDIT: nevermind, you already edited it out. Good catch!

That would be sweet though :D

Elly and I would love to come on down next Sunday, pending any unforseen circumstances we'll be there with a case of beer and our nerd cloaks on. :beerwink:

Please check out my band

ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue May 10, 2011 8:45 pm

I once believed I'd be happy to never live in or even visit Alberta again

70K Albertans have successfully messed with that once stable bit of my geographical reality

thank you, thank you very much :|
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue May 10, 2011 9:51 pm

We're not half bad eh?

You know you're welcome any time friend! I've even got a pull-out couch :D

Please check out my band

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed May 11, 2011 1:10 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:I once believed I'd be happy to never live in or even visit Alberta again

70K Albertans have successfully messed with that once stable bit of my geographical reality

Come visit Alberta when I'm in town in July! Alberta metalheads and mooyagi! Nothing could be better :headbanger: :cheers:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Wed May 11, 2011 12:01 pm

Everyone is wondering how the future deaths will be handled, but the thing I can't stop wondering about is **SPOILER*** what are they going to do to Tyrion's face after the invasion of King's Landing? Will he be ugly for real and not just hollywood ugly?

When I read the books, I always pictured him as a physically repulsive character, but thanks to the casting choice, I bet a bunch of women swoon over the imp. Am I right?
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Wed May 11, 2011 7:07 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:I once believed I'd be happy to never live in or even visit Alberta again

Did I misread that or did you live in Alberta at one point? When/where if so?

Oh and anytime :beerwink: along with Jake, I also have a pull out bed and open door if ever looking for a trip out :D

mooyagi wrote:Come visit Alberta when I'm in town in July! Alberta metalheads and mooyagi! Nothing could be better :headbanger: :cheers:

Honey, its not ALL about you - Anika will be visiting as well that weekend :P ;) :lol:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed May 11, 2011 7:36 pm

vikingbitch wrote:Did I misread that or did you live in Alberta at one point? When/where if so?

Lived in Edmonton from the end of grade 6 until the end of grade 8.

Also spent a 2.5 day binge in Calgary many moons ago when a guy in our crowd stole his parents' bank card and 6 of us went on an unholy tear that is the stuff of nightmares/legends :lol:

Went for a nice weekend there around Xmas time in '04 or '05 too which was much more sane but went to an Oilers game and the Canucks lost so I swore never to return :?

I'm definitely coming out to hang with y'all someday though so I guess that ol' Never Say Never stuff rears its head once more eh? :P

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed May 11, 2011 7:50 pm

vikingbitch wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Come visit Alberta when I'm in town in July! Alberta metalheads and mooyagi! Nothing could be better :headbanger: :cheers:

Honey, its not ALL about you - Anika will be visiting as well that weekend :P ;) :lol:

Visiting because of me :D It is all about me, dear :headbanger:
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Wed May 11, 2011 8:10 pm

Ryan--you're coming to Calgary?

No one tells me shit...
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed May 11, 2011 8:34 pm

Jaimie38 wrote:Ryan--you're coming to Calgary?

No one tells me shit...

Posted it a couple times. Marlo didn't tell you? I'm gonna have a talk with her...

June 30th - July 4th
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Thu May 12, 2011 5:14 am

mooyagi wrote:

No one tells me shit...

Posted it a couple times. Marlo didn't tell you? I'm gonna have a talk with her...

June 30th - July 4th

Sorry Jaimie! :oops: I was going to send you and Jeff and facebook message in the next week to see if either of you would be able to make it into town for a forum gathering or if you were busy already for that weekend, also thought both of you had probably seen it on here already. Any consolation, he only bought his plane tickets like a week ago. Think you would be good for coming down to hang out at all for then?

mooyagi wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:Honey, its not ALL about you - Anika will be visiting as well that weekend :P ;) :lol:

And ummm sorry but no sweetheart, she's coming primarily for a Roller Derby camp in Calgary that weekend and hadn't known you were coming before she began planning :P :lol:
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Thu May 12, 2011 7:13 am

I'm excited for this reunion of sorts.

Please check out my band

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu May 12, 2011 8:19 am

vikingbitch wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:Honey, its not ALL about you - Anika will be visiting as well that weekend :P ;) :lol:

And ummm sorry but no sweetheart, she's coming primarily for a Roller Derby camp in Calgary that weekend and hadn't known you were coming before she began planning :P :lol:

Well, darling, you need to remember that I'm American so I don't need to listen to facts. It's all about me :D :P
    Inquisitor
    Midshipman

by Inquisitor » Thu May 12, 2011 8:21 am

vikingbitch wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

Well, darling, you need to remember that I'm American so I don't need to listen to facts. It's all about me :D :P

I'm waiting for her to cut you. :lol:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu May 12, 2011 8:27 am

Andy messed up the quotes there so when I first read it I got very confused.
    vikingbitch wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Thu May 12, 2011 10:39 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:roll: :P
    Inquisitor
    Midshipman

by Inquisitor » Thu May 12, 2011 10:42 am

Joey, while she is cutting him, I'll cut you!
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Thu May 12, 2011 10:48 am

Inquisitor wrote:Joey, while she is cutting him, I'll cut you!

Play nice :P
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Thu May 12, 2011 11:38 am

Seriously though, why is my fear of you kicking Ryan in the balls while he's sleeping in your cabin slowly escalating? :lol:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu May 12, 2011 11:43 am

vikingbitch wrote:Seriously though, why is my fear of you kicking Ryan in the balls while he's sleeping in your cabin slowly escalating? :lol:

Looks like I'll be sleeping in your cabin instead :? :lol:
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Thu May 12, 2011 11:44 am

mooyagi wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:Seriously though, why is my fear of you kicking Ryan in the balls while he's sleeping in your cabin slowly escalating? :lol:

I'm just gonna wait for Rob to respond to that one :lol:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu May 12, 2011 11:50 am

vikingbitch wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

I'm just gonna wait for Rob to respond to that one :lol:

Why? It's not like it'll be his bed I'm sleeping in ;)
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu May 12, 2011 12:33 pm

mooyagi wrote:Why? It's not like it'll be his bed I'm sleeping in ;)

Yeah, what's the problem? Does Ryan talk in his sleep?
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Thu May 12, 2011 1:01 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Why? It's not like it'll be his bed I'm sleeping in ;)

Yeah, what's the problem? Does Ryan talk in his sleep?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No, but I do on occasion :lol:

The answer is still NO Ryan :P
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu May 12, 2011 3:24 pm

vikingbitch wrote:The answer is still NO Ryan :P

We'll see about that. You know I tend to get what I want ;)
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu May 12, 2011 5:23 pm

Andy, if I come knockin' on the cabin door at 4 a.m., just know it's not that I've suddenly decided to switch teams. I just may need a peaceful quiet place to sleep. :shock:

Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Thu May 12, 2011 5:41 pm

mooyagi wrote:

No one tells me shit...

June 30th - July 4th

ROAD TRIP!!!!

:cheers:
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Thu May 12, 2011 9:05 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:The answer is still NO Ryan :P

We'll see about that. You know I tend to get what I want ;)

ShoreSlayer wrote:Andy, if I come knockin' on the cabin door at 4 a.m., just know it's not that I've suddenly decided to switch teams. I just may need a peaceful quiet place to sleep. :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Will not be an issue. Please see above. :D
    Inquisitor
    Midshipman

by Inquisitor » Fri May 13, 2011 5:38 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:Andy, if I come knockin' on the cabin door at 4 a.m., just know it's not that I've suddenly decided to switch teams. I just may need a peaceful quiet place to sleep. :shock:

Keep in mind, my cabin might be equally as loud.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri May 13, 2011 8:52 am

Hmmm... may just be a blanket and a deck chair in my future :?