Post Reply 223 posts
George RR Martin fans!!!
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

Re: George RR Martin fans!!!

by Daenerys » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:39 am

vikingbitch wrote:Unfortunately I see Sansa becoming a MAJOR player in the next book. What I would GIVE to see that idiotic bitch get killed off in the first paragraph. If Martin does this he can take as bloody long with the books as he damn well likes :D

:lol: :lol: I know right? I have a feeling she'll somehow end up getting LIttlefinger killed off, which would greatly disappoint me :evil: I was so glad to see Cowboy71's wife named their daughter Arya and not Sansa :lol:
    I want what we've never had!

Hypocrisy-IHSAHN-Primordial-GrandMagus-Powerwolf-Myrath-Hell-Opeth-Borknagar-Leprous-SteelPanther-Voyager
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:40 am

vikingbitch wrote:What I would GIVE to see that idiotic bitch get killed off in the first paragraph. If Martin does this he can take as bloody long with the books as he damn well likes :D

I would love for this to happen! :death:
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:57 am

Ravenlord wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:What I would GIVE to see that idiotic bitch get killed off in the first paragraph. If Martin does this he can take as bloody long with the books as he damn well likes :D

I would love for this to happen! :death:

Still, what she went through did seem like a fate worse than death. Same thing seemed to happen to Cersei. They both ended up being driven to insanity. That seems to be the common fate among the conniving women of the series.
    tmcasper
    Chief Petty Officer

by tmcasper » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:05 am

Am I the only one then that sorta feels sorry for Sansa? I mean...she got a pretty shitty deal from the get-go...granted she set it off by falling for joffrey but after that she basically just got screwed at every turn...
    2011: Deck 5 Cabin 5087
    2012: Deck 8 Cabin 8072
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:12 am

tmcasper wrote:Am I the only one then that sorta feels sorry for Sansa? I mean...she got a pretty shitty deal from the get-go...granted she set it off by falling for joffrey but after that she basically just got screwed at every turn...

I guess I could pity her at best, but I certainly don't have much respect for her. It's probably because her circumstances force her to do whatever it takes to survive, while the other characters have a chance to be heroic. As a result, she looks fairly unimpressive alongside the other characters.
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:46 am

I think Marlo and I just despise that she's a girly girl :lol: Would have been much more fun to be a bawdy tavern wench than a prissy, useless proper lady! :cheers:

Hypocrisy-IHSAHN-Primordial-GrandMagus-Powerwolf-Myrath-Hell-Opeth-Borknagar-Leprous-SteelPanther-Voyager
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:05 pm

Daenerys wrote:I think Marlo and I just despise that she's a girly girl :lol: Would have been much more fun to be a bawdy tavern wench than a prissy, useless proper lady! :cheers:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You know above all of my pet peeves with Sansa that is the sorest spot for me too! She puts her pride and stuck up attitude above her family and it has been her downfall since DAY ONE with that idiot. She's too concerned about what dress she's wearing to court that day than she is about finding a way out not only to save her life but that of perhaps one of her family members. She is thoughtless, weak, relies on others when she should be trying to find the courage to rely on herself (you don't see Arya with this problem). She annoys the living hell out of me.

The only difference with Sansa from the other characters is that their traits that brought on their downfalls have generally meant their death, for her its just being subjected to Joffrey, Cersei, Littlefinger, etc etc. She has the power to change her circumstances if she wanted to badly enough, instead she is just a sheep. Perhaps she could get killed by some of the Others?? :D
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    tmcasper
    Chief Petty Officer

by tmcasper » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:36 pm

so what's the verdict??? I think they've done a nice job so far (one episode) but I've been looking SOOOO forward to this for over a year and I think it's looking good!! Very pumped!!! :headbanger:
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:15 pm

tmcasper wrote:so what's the verdict??? I think they've done a nice job so far (one episode) but I've been looking SOOOO forward to this for over a year and I think it's looking good!! Very pumped!!! :headbanger:

Awesome!!! Was disappointed in the wedding - I imagined the size of the orgy and the amount of deaths to be much much larger. Set it up fantastically, can't believe how much they covered! And damn it I want a direwolf of my own :cry:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:29 am

Me wanna dire wolf too!!!!!

Impressive first episode - I've never read the books so as a virgin to the 'world' I was considerably pleased.

And the wife was suitably impressed too. Now have to wait a week for the next episode though :cry:
    Upcoming Gigs:

2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    tmcasper
    Chief Petty Officer

by tmcasper » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:25 am

vikingbitch wrote:
    tmcasper wrote:so what's the verdict??? I think they've done a nice job so far (one episode) but I've been looking SOOOO forward to this for over a year and I think it's looking good!! Very pumped!!! :headbanger:

Awesome!!! Was disappointed in the wedding - I imagined the size of the orgy and the amount of deaths to be much much larger. Set it up fantastically, can't believe how much they covered! And damn it I want a direwolf of my own :cry:

hahah yeah they did seem to 'squish' in that whole sequence, but I guess that is to be expected. I really think they should have gone with an hour and half/two hour premiere, but I realize on hbo there are no commercials, so that is a lot of work.
    It is interesting how they strike that delicate balance between writing for the existing fans/readers of the series and the ppl who have not read it. I never got the sense that anything was 'dumbed' down too much....and I think most of the characters are dead on...
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:53 am

Glad to hear everyone is pleased so far! I haven't had a chance to watch it yet because I'm working 10 out of 14 days :cry: Got it on the DVR though! Not like I have to worry about spoilers at least :lol:

• sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:41 am

tmcasper wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:

hahah yeah they did seem to 'squish' in that whole sequence, but I guess that is to be expected. I really think they should have gone with an hour and half/two hour premiere, but I realize on hbo there are no commercials, so that is a lot of work.
    It is interesting how they strike that delicate balance between writing for the existing fans/readers of the series and the ppl who have not read it. I never got the sense that anything was 'dumbed' down too much....and I think most of the characters are dead on...

Yeah. It was all pretty impressive. Sean whathisname was pretty good as Ned, even though his previous role as Boromir was a pretty different character (aside from the whole crushing burden to protect the kingdom part). My family watched it with me, so I was a bit embarassed by the excessive boobage, but my parents watch more TV than I normally do, so they were used to it and enjoyed it. I also like Tyrion. I had expected him to be uglier, but since he's likable, I guess they just made him hollywood ugly. Anyway, since I'm not a regular TV watcher, I've set my phone alarm to alert me every Sunday so I don't miss an episode.
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:01 am

sageoftruth wrote:
    tmcasper wrote:Yeah. It was all pretty impressive. Sean whathisname was pretty good as Ned, even though his previous role as Boromir was a pretty different character (aside from the whole crushing burden to protect the kingdom part). My family watched it with me, so I was a bit embarassed by the excessive boobage, but my parents watch more TV than I normally do, so they were used to it and enjoyed it. I also like Tyrion. I had expected him to be uglier, but since he's likable, I guess they just made him hollywood ugly. Anyway, since I'm not a regular TV watcher, I've set my phone alarm to alert me every Sunday so I don't miss an episode.

There was a TON of boobs going on. And the incest was quite heavily portrayed. Had a few friends over last night to watch it and that's what they kept getting stuck on :lol: I can imagine how awkward that would be with family lol. And yes Tyrion was awesome, definitely agree with you there.

@Daenarys - your signature is one of my favorite Tyrion quotes :headbanger:
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:29 am

vikingbitch wrote:@Daenarys - your signature is one of my favorite Tyrion quotes :headbanger:

You're close - it's actually Littlefinger :D Unless they changed it in the episode, an article I read mentioned several characters using dialogue that isn't actually theirs (apparently Robert has used several Renly quotes so far?). Hoping to watch it on Wednesday, waiting for the stars to align so that the boy and I can actually watch it together :lol:

vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:36 am

Daenerys wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:@Daenarys - your signature is one of my favorite Tyrion quotes :headbanger:

You're close - it's actually Littlefinger :D Unless they changed it in the episode, an article I read mentioned several characters using dialogue that isn't actually theirs (apparently Robert has used several Renly quotes so far?). Hoping to watch it on Wednesday, waiting for the stars to align so that the boy and I can actually watch it together :lol:

Damn :lol: I remember now! Tyrion has so many gems for lines though. Robert was REALLY well casted, very entertaining. "So I can drink and whore myself to an early grave" the show is just going to be SO BAD ASS :lol:
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:44 am

:cheers: Tyrion is probably my favorite male character in the series, with Jaime, Littlefinger and Jon as close seconds. It may sound odd but Ser Barristan is up there for me too :lol: Yeah the wait to watch is killinggggg me :evil: I read today that there's going to be 10 eps, so awesome!!

Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:23 am

Went to my favorite bookshop today and found that they have already released a Game Of Thrones (the TV series) book! With a promo shot from the TV series as the cover.

That makes no fucking sense!!! It was already a book! Why do they have to convert it from a book to TV series and back to a book again. Oh wait... to make money. This annoys me slightly.
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:11 pm

Has anyone played the Game of Thrones broad game yet? Thinking about picking it up
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:43 pm

I ordered the game several months ago but it never came! Good thing I didn't pay for it yet...

Also, I just got around to watching the first episode today from a streaming site (Yes, even though I'm in Turkey... I was curious!), and I have to say I am quite impressed! Also, m'lady (who hasn't read the books) already wants to watch the second episode! So, it's a hit for those who haven't read it.

Holy nudity batman. Didn't expect the Daenerys nudity. Something about her character being... what, 14? They sure didn't skimp out in that department.

Most of the actors have done a very good job thus far; I'm really quite happy with most of the casting choices!
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

tmcasper
    Chief Petty Officer

by tmcasper » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:00 pm

vikingbitch wrote:Game of Thrones broad game yet?

:lol: :lol:

Actually, today it was just renewed for a second season due to the initial success...I think something like 4 million viewers... :cheers:
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:12 pm

Finally got to watch the first ep tonight - I'm very pleased with it so far :cheers: Too bad I have to work again this Sunday :evil: Thank goodness for DVR!!!

ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:44 am

So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:34 am

Shoot! I just missed the second episode last night. I forgot that my TV currently doesn't support HBO. Before I upgrade my comcast service, does anyone know another way I can see what I missed? I really don't want to miss anything.
    Inquisitor
    Midshipman

by Inquisitor » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:35 am

I'm digging it so far, I haven't read the books in years. Also, the opening theme I enjoy quite a bit.
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:48 am

sageoftruth wrote:Shoot! I just missed the second episode last night. I forgot that my TV currently doesn't support HBO. Before I upgrade my comcast service, does anyone know another way I can see what I missed? I really don't want to miss anything.

watchseries.eu

Find game of thrones.

Stream that bitch!

Please check out my band

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:17 am

Inquisitor wrote:I'm digging it so far, I haven't read the books in years. Also, the opening theme I enjoy quite a bit.

I love the opening sequence!!

Thought episode 2 was great - wish I could un-see Jason Mamoa's butt though :P
    Upcoming Gigs:

2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:13 am

viathyn wrote:
    sageoftruth wrote:Shoot! I just missed the second episode last night. I forgot that my TV currently doesn't support HBO. Before I upgrade my comcast service, does anyone know another way I can see what I missed? I really don't want to miss anything.

watchseries.eu

Find game of thrones.

Stream that bitch!

Thanks. I shall not forget this. :D
    tmcasper
    Chief Petty Officer

by tmcasper » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:35 pm

Not to sound like a 'fanboy' or anything but I am very pleased with it so far...as I figured I would be having followed the pre-production for over a year now...The real test will be when ******SPOILER ALERT***************** everyone starts dying...
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:07 am

tmcasper wrote:Not to sound like a 'fanboy' or anything but I am very pleased with it so far...as I figured I would be having followed the pre-production for over a year now...The real test will be when ******SPOILER ALERT***************** everyone starts dying...

******CONTINUED SPOILER ALERT********* Yeah. Let's hope they don't tone it down for the younger audiences.
    Sansa: Please, my husband! I'll do anything! Just don't send my father on a bus to Nicaragua with no return ticket!

Still, considering what they've shown so far, I'm not expecting any too drastic. After all, bare breasts seem to scare American censors far more than the killing off of a main character.
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:57 am

With ol' GRRM overseeing everything.. I think we can be fairly certain that it will stay true to the subject material.. every character who died in the books will surely be dead in the series as well.

I am thoroughly impressed will the series so far. 2 episodes in and m'lady is hooked as well.

Can't wait to get this on dvd!

Please check out my band

vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:41 am

tmcasper wrote:Not to sound like a 'fanboy' or anything but I am very pleased with it so far...as I figured I would be having followed the pre-production for over a year now...The real test will be when ******SPOILER ALERT***************** everyone starts dying...

:lol: No kidding!

OH AND STORM OF SWORDS SPOILER ALERT

A friend of mine was just finishing up Storm and has been sending me text messages throughout "Rob, Catelyn and Arya just died. WTF. I fucking hate Martin. Does he just fucking kill EVERYONE?? :lol:
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:54 pm

vikingbitch wrote:

:lol: No kidding!

OH AND STORM OF SWORDS SPOILER ALERT

A friend of mine was just finishing up Storm and has been sending me text messages throughout "Rob, Catelyn and Arya just died. WTF. I fucking hate Martin. Does he just fucking kill EVERYONE?? :lol:

FURTHER STORM OF SWORDS SPOILER

Your friend will soon be pleasantly surprised with the arya side of things.. haha.

And kinda sorta the catelyn thing... that was always pretty fucked though.

As for Rob... well..... :death:

Please check out my band

vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:02 am

viathyn wrote:FURTHER STORM OF SWORDS SPOILER

Your friend will soon be pleasantly surprised with the arya side of things.. haha.

Yup, it was hard to keep my mouth shut on letting him know that! The Catelyn stuff was really weird, and that's pitting her up against the concept of dragons and "the others" in those books. Curious how that is going to develop. Think she will find Sansa, Bran or Arya?
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:11 am

cowboy71 wrote:Thought episode 2 was great - wish I could un-see Jason Mamoa's butt though :P

I don't! :D

Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:48 am

tmcasper
    Chief Petty Officer

by tmcasper » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:05 am

Daenerys wrote:Also - WHOOOOOO! :D

http://www.georgerrmartin.com/if-update.html

Sweet :headbanger: I think I will intentionally read it slowly just to drag it out as I will probably be a grandfather by the time the next one comes out... :lol:
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:07 pm

vikingbitch wrote:

Yup, it was hard to keep my mouth shut on letting him know that! The Catelyn stuff was really weird, and that's pitting her up against the concept of dragons and "the others" in those books. Curious how that is going to develop. Think she will find Sansa, Bran or Arya?

Ol' lady stoneheart is one crazie zombie biatch. I'm afraid what may happen if she encounters any of those kids.

What if she runs into Jon Snow?? o_O
    Also.. what's gonna happen with Brienne of Tarth?

So many questions...

I'm back in town. You guys doing a watching party for episode 3 tomorrow or something?

Please check out my band

vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:28 pm

viathyn wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:

Ol' lady stoneheart is one crazie zombie biatch. I'm afraid what may happen if she encounters any of those kids.

What if she runs into Jon Snow?? o_O
    Also.. what's gonna happen with Brienne of Tarth?

So many questions...

I'm back in town. You guys doing a watching party for episode 3 tomorrow or something?

Not tomorrow but will next weekend if you're up for it (your lady included :D ) there will be a good supply of mead available and perhaps a game of zombies beforehand, I'll keep you posted on details when I figure out what's going on next Sunday :)
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:05 pm

Ah, that sounds excellent! Thanks for the invite :D

Please check out my band