Post Reply 2418 posts
The Fitness Thread
    Stained Class
    Commander

Re: The Fitness Thread

by Stained Class » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:33 pm

sageoftruth wrote:
    onenight wrote:What's wrong with kitchens, it's the best room in the house.

Nah! That would be my bedroom. Privacy and video games rule.

:wank:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Ingrid
    Petty Officer

by Ingrid » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:31 am

Yeah, today it was the first time that I ran 5 kilometers within (exactly) half an hour!!!! :mrgreen: :headbanger: :mrgreen: :headbanger:
    www.metal-exposure.com
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:26 am

Ingrid wrote:Yeah, today it was the first time that I ran 5 kilometers within (exactly) half an hour!!!! :mrgreen: :headbanger: :mrgreen: :headbanger:

Well done! :beerbang:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Ingrid
    Petty Officer

by Ingrid » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:18 am

Thanks!

Now I'm not allowed to run for 6 weeks, so my injury can finally heal (stubborn me just continued) so I subsribed to the gym yesterday and paid my first visit today.

Only 2 months left till cruising time, Not summer proof BY FAR! :bitch:
    www.metal-exposure.com
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:09 pm

Hit a personal weightlifting milestone today:

I'm now in the 1000 lb club for combined max weights for the 'big three' lifts.

Back Squat: 405 lbs
    Deadlift: 405 lbs
    Flat Bench Press: 250 lbs
    Total: 1060 lbs.

Yes. Bearmode engage.
    Next stop, 3-4-5 club?
    (315 bench, 405 squat, 495 deadlift)
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

• alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:21 am

Very impressive! I wish I could do barbell bench, but my shoulders don't like it. My gym only has dumbbells up to 90 lbs, so I've just been hanging around with them and doing stupid high reps for chest press. You will definitely be the most jacked guy in the Canadian hot tub
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:00 pm

Yeah I can see how barbell bench could be irritating for some shoulders.
    Still though, doing high reps of 90 lb dumbbells is impressive as hell man. The balance and control required for that is much more of a workout than doing 250 with a bar.

I don't want to change my lifestyle of eating and drinking lots, so being cut is out of the question. Fat muscular. Bearmode!
    Don't think you'll be able to get me into the hot tub though!!

Please check out my band

• alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:14 pm

So with my hurt shoulder, I decided all I could really do is cardio. I set a goal to run 40 miles a week (I run usually a tenth of that) and of course promptly injured my achilles and am now wearing a boot as often as I can throughout the day. But! - one of the few exercises I actually can do at the moment is deadlift, which I haven't really touched for 8 years, always being worried about my back. Started out just working on range of motion a few weeks ago, now at 225 x 8. Still haven't felt it at all in legs....shit my lower back is incredibly weak.

Pretty sure I'm 5 lbs lighter than this time last year, which for me isn't a good thing...it's incredibly hard for me to put ON weight.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
  • Emma
    Petty Officer

by Emma » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:20 am

This will be my first cruise but I've read somewhere there is usually a running track on deck but I'm guessing it might not be there for our cruise because of stage stuff or that people are everywhere including on the track? Anyone who knows?
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:42 am

Emma wrote:This will be my first cruise but I've read somewhere there is usually a running track on deck but I'm guessing it might not be there for our cruise because of stage stuff or that people are everywhere including on the track? Anyone who knows?

The promenade on deck 7 is probably your best bet. The jogging track on deck 12 will be full of people, except possibly early morning before the first gig.
    http://www.royalcaribbean.no/royal-cari ... e-seas.htm
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • Emma
    Petty Officer

by Emma » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:08 am

Speedy wrote:
    Emma wrote:This will be my first cruise but I've read somewhere there is usually a running track on deck but I'm guessing it might not be there for our cruise because of stage stuff or that people are everywhere including on the track? Anyone who knows?

The promenade on deck 7 is probably your best bet. The jogging track on deck 12 will be full of people, except possibly early morning before the first gig.
    http://www.royalcaribbean.no/royal-cari ... e-seas.htm

Thanks!
    Guessing that in my head I really think I will take time for running, but in reality I'll just take the stairs (elevator....) holding a beer...
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:53 am

gnoff_the_creep wrote:off topic as usual I am, but the elevators are very slow and I usually just take the stairs, with beer in hand or not

Stairs only. No elevators for me.

I believe there is a fitness center on the ship that you could use if you have no luck with the running track.

Also, I need people to give up on their New Year Resolutions already. Damn fitness center at our apartment complex is packed now. :bitch:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:04 am

alex_canada wrote:So with my hurt shoulder, I decided all I could really do is cardio. I set a goal to run 40 miles a week (I run usually a tenth of that) and of course promptly injured my achilles and am now wearing a boot as often as I can throughout the day. But! - one of the few exercises I actually can do at the moment is deadlift, which I haven't really touched for 8 years, always being worried about my back. Started out just working on range of motion a few weeks ago, now at 225 x 8. Still haven't felt it at all in legs....shit my lower back is incredibly weak.

Pretty sure I'm 5 lbs lighter than this time last year, which for me isn't a good thing...it's incredibly hard for me to put ON weight.

Deadlifts are sweet. I ripped a callous off of my left palm yesterday doing sets of 405 x 2, which promptly ended that portion of the workout haha.

You're a tall dude. Doing any kind of Olympic lift is already harder because you've got to push/pull/lift farther than shorter guys. Do you use a belt for deads? Once I started using it, I stopped worrying about my lower back as much.

Please check out my band

Ingrid
    Petty Officer

by Ingrid » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:14 pm

Else just go running on the treadmill in the gym? ;)
    www.metal-exposure.com
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:13 pm

viathyn wrote:
    alex_canada wrote:So with my hurt shoulder, I decided all I could really do is cardio. I set a goal to run 40 miles a week (I run usually a tenth of that) and of course promptly injured my achilles and am now wearing a boot as often as I can throughout the day. But! - one of the few exercises I actually can do at the moment is deadlift, which I haven't really touched for 8 years, always being worried about my back. Started out just working on range of motion a few weeks ago, now at 225 x 8. Still haven't felt it at all in legs....shit my lower back is incredibly weak.

Deadlifts are sweet. I ripped a callous off of my left palm yesterday doing sets of 405 x 2, which promptly ended that portion of the workout haha.

You're a tall dude. Doing any kind of Olympic lift is already harder because you've got to push/pull/lift farther than shorter guys. Do you use a belt for deads? Once I started using it, I stopped worrying about my lower back as much.

I don't use a belt, perhaps I should try it out and see if I like it. But yeah, in terms of appearance and weight I can move, it would be a massive difference if I was shorter. Still though, it's better to have good sight lines.
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:35 pm

At work they gave us all Fitbits which are devices which count the number of steps you take each day. They are having a competition in the office but there are a couple of young people in the office that regularly play basketball and they are blowing away the rest of us old folks. Playing basketball evidently gives an Ungodly step count.

But its a good motivational tool, will get on the bike or elliptical at home to add some points when watching tv.
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:26 am

There comes a time in your life where you just decide your health is more important. After the 5th time in a year a complete stranger walked up to me in public and told me that I looked like the comedian Penn Jillette, I decided to do something about it. Granted I was also called a "fat" piece a shit, by a family (not blood related) member several times with in the past 2 years.

Well I joined Golds Gym Sunday and I have worked out two days in a row. I decided to do 8 personal training sessions too. I have eliminated sugar from my diet and junk food. My goal is to lose 50 or 60 lbs and look like a chemo patient by June.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:11 am

Still going. Only day off from killer hardcore cardio was Friday. Hired a personal trainer and start training march 16. I had no idea how much I weighed until yesterday at the gym. Scale there said 245 pounds. :bitch: The no booze for 8 days has been the hardest. Lol

I'm trying to lose 40lbs by MDF and my June 13th graduation, with Hellfest the following week..
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:59 am

Update- I am still going strong. I have lost 12 lbs and have a personal trainer now. My first session was yesterday and I am sore today. We did my Body fat measurments (BMI- BODY MASS INDEX) and I have 35% fat on my body right now. We are trying to cut that in half. My ultimate goal is to lose 40 more lbs by June 13th. My graduation day from college.
  • Samhain
    Petty Officer

by Samhain » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:00 am

TOM CRUISE wrote:Update- I am still going strong. I have lost 12 lbs and have a personal trainer now. My first session was yesterday and I am sore today. We did my Body fat measurments (BMI- BODY MASS INDEX) and I have 35% fat on my body right now. We are trying to cut that in half. My ultimate goal is to lose 40 more lbs by June 13th. My graduation day from college.

Good for you, Scott!

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but there is this app called "My Fitness Pal" and it really helps you keep track of your diet (if you're honest). It has helped me lose weight and have better nutrition.
    Wishlist 70K 2016: Aborted, At the Gates, Devin Townsend, Kreator, Panzerfaust, Rotting Christ.

Survivor 70K 2011-2012-2013-2014-2015
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:58 am

Samhain wrote:
    TOM CRUISE wrote:Update- I am still going strong. I have lost 12 lbs and have a personal trainer now. My first session was yesterday and I am sore today. We did my Body fat measurments (BMI- BODY MASS INDEX) and I have 35% fat on my body right now. We are trying to cut that in half. My ultimate goal is to lose 40 more lbs by June 13th. My graduation day from college.

Good for you, Scott!

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but there is this app called "My Fitness Pal" and it really helps you keep track of your diet (if you're honest). It has helped me lose weight and have better nutrition.

Thank you ! No I have never heard of that app. I will download it now and add my 1/2 a grapefruit and Dannon Light and Fit Greek yogurt (Pineapple) to my food diary. :D
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:52 pm

I bought a pair of Rollerblades yesterday and used them for the first time today... which was also the first time in probably 15 years :shock: I remember being so comfortable on blades, definitely a different experience this time but I didn't bust my ass so I consider that a win. I also had two old ladies tell me how much fun it looked like and that I looked really cool, so I'll take that as a win too :cool: Plus it was sunny and a high of 76, perfect weather to exercise outdoors :D
    Voyager-Vuur-GrandMagus-Myrath-Borknagar-NovembersDoom-Aeternam-Havok-TheHaloEffect-Moonspell-SepticFlesh-Sigh-BarrenEarth-Iotunn-ScarSymmetry-Nekrogoblikon
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:02 pm

Congrats!

I wish I could do that. I have no motivation.. I need to lose 50-60lbs and am depressed over being fat... I would love to reach my goal by the time next cruise rolls around.. but I highly doubt it as it has been my goal for years now....
    I'm lazy.. and can't afford a gym/trainer.. and I have no one to push me or go with me....it sucks.. I am right now trying to change my eating habits ... but yeah.. I just don't enjoy anything about exercising....can someone send me some motivation!!!!!!!

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:36 pm

LadyBlackfhyre wrote:

Congrats!

I wish I could do that. I have no motivation.. I need to lose 50-60lbs and am depressed over being fat... I would love to reach my goal by the time next cruise rolls around.. but I highly doubt it as it has been my goal for years now....
    I'm lazy.. and can't afford a gym/trainer.. and I have no one to push me or go with me....it sucks.. I am right now trying to change my eating habits ... but yeah.. I just don't enjoy anything about exercising....can someone send me some motivation!!!!!!!

OK, here's some, GET OFF YOUR ASS AND RUN!!!!!!!
    How's that? :beerwink: ]
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
  • AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:49 pm

A couple weeks ago I bought a simple elliptical/stair climber and I've been using it every other day for about 20-30 minutes. For those that don't know the extreme depths of my laziness, this is a big deal for me :lol:
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:42 am

AlaskaRachel wrote:A couple weeks ago I bought a simple elliptical/stair climber and I've been using it every other day for about 20-30 minutes. For those that don't know the extreme depths of my laziness, this is a big deal for me :lol:

how much did you spend on it?

I feel like if I could do something like that at home I'd be more into it then having to travel ....
    again... lazyness gets the best of me...

• AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:20 pm

LadyBlackfhyre wrote:
    AlaskaRachel wrote:A couple weeks ago I bought a simple elliptical/stair climber and I've been using it every other day for about 20-30 minutes. For those that don't know the extreme depths of my laziness, this is a big deal for me :lol:

I feel like if I could do something like that at home I'd be more into it then having to travel ....

It was less than $300 on Amazon, and doesn't take up very much space. Fits nicely by my couch in front of the TV :cool: I really don't like gyms and it would be impossible to get me to go to one every other day.
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:12 pm

AlaskaRachel wrote:
    LadyBlackfhyre wrote:

It was less than $300 on Amazon, and doesn't take up very much space. Fits nicely by my couch in front of the TV :cool: I really don't like gyms and it would be impossible to get me to go to one every other day.

Something I will consider when I get some extra $$$$

TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:44 pm

Check it out-

Drunk, fat and skinny arms - with me getting "gnoffed up" in Spectrum....

Today at Gold's Gym-
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:55 am

I got smoked by a car while crossing the street in mid-May, and I injured my knee so I've been unable to do leg-related workouts for the last 6 weeks.

But my bench press is at 275 lbs now, which is nice.
    Gonna go for 285 next week.

Please check out my band

TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:59 pm

Nice Jake ! I started out with the bar (weighs 45lbs) and now I am at 160. I started deadlifts last week ., Those are cool. I have been with a personal trainer for 3 months and plan to train with him for a year.

I am down another 5 lbs now. 222 lbs and on the cruise I was 252 lbs.

Anything can be achieved once you put your mind to it. This is life-long and not a fad. I hit the gym 4 or 5 times per week. My trainer goes 7 days per week, he is 23 and looks like Stallone in Rocky IV (Body wise)
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:05 pm

viathyn wrote:I got smoked by a car while crossing the street in mid-May, and I injured my knee so I've been unable to do leg-related workouts for the last 6 weeks.

Sorry to hear that. I cracked a rib 2 weeks ago doing 1 leg , leg presses. had like 300 lbs on the fucker. I am almost better. But I can still do squats, lunges and step -ups and leg extensions and hamstring curls and the calve machine.

If you fuck your knee up it sucks. I love leg day. I am usually sore the next day and the day after !
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:08 pm

i have also been doing 25 to 30 miles per week of cardio. Usually 5 miles everyday. And I drink over a gallon (usually gallon and a half) of water everyday

Pre workout- Muscle Pharm- "Assault" fruit punch flavor
    Post workout- Muscle Pharm- Protien Shake cookies and cream flavor

And a multi-vitamin. :)
    CountArioch
    Petty Officer

by CountArioch » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:00 am

I have likewise been working on health stuff.

I can't claim any desire to be "fit", as I'm lazy and I just don't want to work that hard. But my doc said I need to drop 50 pounds or die, so I've been working on that. 2 months and 20 pounds are down so far, and I do feel a lot better than I have before.
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:37 pm

I did two 4-mile runs yesterday and Monday. It seems to be replacing taewkando as my preferred way of getting exercise, since I don't have to worry about leaving work early enough to get there on time. Yesterday, I was running to the songs "Heathen Arise" and "Frail Titan" (Thanks Viathyn!"). I may have eaten away all of that progress today though, thanks to a trip I took to Five Guys.
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:44 pm

Good luck to everyone. Once you realize "This is a lifestyle" and not "I need to drop" thing then you will succeed greatly.

I am strength training 4 days per week (2 with a personal trainer) Before the workout, I take 1 heaping spoonful of Muscle Pharm "Assault" (fruit punch). Post workout I take 3 heaping spoons of Muscle Pharm Protein powder (cookies and cream)

Then I do cardio (4 to 5 miles) 6 days per week.

My broken rib is STILL healing after 5 weeks since injury. Sam Peters said it took 4 months for his 2 broken ribs to heal after he broke them during "Pull the Plug" by DTA in the Chorus Line on the last cruise.
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:35 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:Good luck to everyone. Once you realize "This is a lifestyle" and not "I need to drop" thing then you will succeed greatly.

I am strength training 4 days per week (2 with a personal trainer) Before the workout, I take 1 heaping spoonful of Muscle Pharm "Assault" (fruit punch). Post workout I take 3 heaping spoons of Muscle Pharm Protein powder (cookies and cream)

Then I do cardio (4 to 5 miles) 6 days per week.

My broken rib is STILL healing after 5 weeks since injury. Sam Peters said it took 4 months for his 2 broken ribs to heal after he broke them during "Pull the Plug" by DTA in the Chorus Line on the last cruise.

Broken ribs are fucking terrible, massive hindrance on everything you try to do.

I fully agree on the "this is a lifestyle" comment. As an example for myself, just doing a full on change in diet at home has allowed me to drop 25 pounds over the last year (and I'm generally considered a "smaller" person).
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:16 am

TOM CRUISE wrote:
    viathyn wrote:I got smoked by a car while crossing the street in mid-May, and I injured my knee so I've been unable to do leg-related workouts for the last 6 weeks.

Sorry to hear that. I cracked a rib 2 weeks ago doing 1 leg , leg presses. had like 300 lbs on the fucker. I am almost better. But I can still do squats, lunges and step -ups and leg extensions and hamstring curls and the calve machine.

If you fuck your knee up it sucks. I love leg day. I am usually sore the next day and the day after !

Things are getting better for me! Did my first leg workout last week since the accident and will be doing another one today :)

I'm very happy that you're working so hard and seeing the results you wanted, Scott. Keep it up, man! How's your rib feeling now?

Please check out my band

viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:17 am

sageoftruth wrote:I did two 4-mile runs yesterday and Monday. It seems to be replacing taewkando as my preferred way of getting exercise, since I don't have to worry about leaving work early enough to get there on time. Yesterday, I was running to the songs "Heathen Arise" and "Frail Titan" (Thanks Viathyn!"). I may have eaten away all of that progress today though, thanks to a trip I took to Five Guys.

Hahaha nice, man! There's a bunch of fast ones on the new one too, so hopefully you'll have a couple additions to your running soundtrack.

Please check out my band

TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:32 pm

viathyn wrote:
    TOM CRUISE wrote:

Things are getting better for me! Did my first leg workout last week since the accident and will be doing another one today :)

I'm very happy that you're working so hard and seeing the results you wanted, Scott. Keep it up, man! How's your rib feeling now?

Thanks Jake, its actually much better and tomorrow is leg day and I think I will try leg presses (with both legs at once as opposed to one leg ones that broke my rib)
Post Reply 2418 posts