Post Reply 2419 posts
The Fitness Thread
  • User avatar
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1554
    Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:41 pm
    Location: Spijkcity!! - The Netherlands

    Re: The Fitness Thread

    by Dutchguy-Tim » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:01 am

    Image

    or

    Image
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

    what the hell did you do this winter?
  • User avatar
    MissMetal
    Oiler
    Posts: 37
    Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:58 am

    Re: The Fitness Thread

    by MissMetal » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:06 pm

    You'll just have to keep up by using the shake weight:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=xbsSeVr ... re=channel
  • User avatar
    junkhead13
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 641
    Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:39 am
    Location: Hobe Sound, Florida
    Contact:

    Re: The Fitness Thread

    by junkhead13 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:27 am

    Ah, the shake weight! SNL did a great parody of that...

    http://www.hulu.com/watch/143264/saturday-night-live-shake-weight-dvd
    Have a good time...all the time.
  • User avatar
    vainglory
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 221
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:28 pm
    Location: California

    Re: The Fitness Thread

    by vainglory » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:58 pm

    At last this thread makes its way to posting the calorie count of beers. Love it!
  • User avatar
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 3850
    Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:55 pm
    Location: Everett, WA USA
    Contact:

    Re: The Fitness Thread

    by TOM CRUISE » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:49 pm

    vainglory wrote:At last this thread makes its way to posting the calorie count of beers. Love it!



    Thanks VainGlory!

    Because I might care about calories most of the time, I do not give a rat's ass about them on vacations and cruises/festivals. It's all out pig :givebeer:
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 Cabin-6218- Barge to hell -2012
  • User avatar
    viathyn
    Commander
    Posts: 5638
    Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:35 pm
    Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Contact:

    Re: The Fitness Thread

    by viathyn » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:19 am

    I'm liking that guinness pic..

    Hrmmm...
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242


    Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

  • User avatar
    vainglory
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 221
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:28 pm
    Location: California

    Re: The Fitness Thread

    by vainglory » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:17 pm

    TOM CRUISE wrote:
    vainglory wrote:At last this thread makes its way to posting the calorie count of beers. Love it!



    Thanks VainGlory!

    Because I might care about calories most of the time, I do not give a rat's ass about them on vacations and cruises/festivals. It's all out pig :givebeer:


    I'm usually 50/50 on vacations. I make sure to get some great meals in but still don't eat crappy junk food. I'm pretty sure the cruise food will be amazing and high quality also so we'll have to see what happens... I'm actually curious to see how I end up eating. At home my eating is pretty structured. Read structured as organic and boring.
  • User avatar
    Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 531
    Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:31 am

    Re: The Fitness Thread

    by Michaelage » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:24 pm

    vainglory wrote:
    TOM CRUISE wrote:
    vainglory wrote:At last this thread makes its way to posting the calorie count of beers. Love it!



    Thanks VainGlory!

    Because I might care about calories most of the time, I do not give a rat's ass about them on vacations and cruises/festivals. It's all out pig :givebeer:


    I'm usually 50/50 on vacations. I make sure to get some great meals in but still don't eat crappy junk food. I'm pretty sure the cruise food will be amazing and high quality also so we'll have to see what happens... I'm actually curious to see how I end up eating. At home my eating is pretty structured. Read structured as organic and boring.


    well...

    i hope that they have at least some very greasy junk food... if i get a food kick while drunk... in holland i go for a durum or shoarma... but hell even a fat greasy burger would help at that point of the night(A)
    Image
  • User avatar
    vainglory
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 221
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:28 pm
    Location: California

    Re: The Fitness Thread

    by vainglory » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:48 pm

    I'm positive they have burgers and pizza etc. I think everyone will be more than happy with the food. No matter what you like they've pretty much got it.
  • User avatar
    junkhead13
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 641
    Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:39 am
    Location: Hobe Sound, Florida
    Contact:

    Re: The Fitness Thread

    by junkhead13 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:14 pm

    I know they have a Johnny Rockets onboard. Doesn't get much more greasy than that! :viking:
    Have a good time...all the time.
  • User avatar
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1554
    Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:41 pm
    Location: Spijkcity!! - The Netherlands

    Re: The Fitness Thread

    by Dutchguy-Tim » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:22 am

    best thing is, some are open ALL NIGHT LONG!!!!!

    which is a good thing bacuse i like a midnight snack
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

    what the hell did you do this winter?
  • User avatar
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain
    Posts: 11103
    Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm
    Location: Vancouver, BC
    Contact:

    Re: The Fitness Thread

    by ShoreSlayer » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:19 am

    All our exercise woes are over!!!

    WORK IT THE F OUT
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

    :boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • User avatar
    vainglory
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 221
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:28 pm
    Location: California

    Re: The Fitness Thread

    by vainglory » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:24 pm

    Sadly that link is blocked at my work.

    damn content filter.

    I wondered what happened to this thread... no one else still lifting/running/(um, bellydancing)?
  • User avatar
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2569
    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:00 pm
    Location: Bakersfield<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth
    Contact:

    Re: The Fitness Thread

    by Disaster Area » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:05 pm

    vainglory wrote:Sadly that link is blocked at my work.

    damn content filter.

    I wondered what happened to this thread... no one else still lifting/running/(um, bellydancing)?


    Nilay is still hard at the bellydance stuff, we have had an insane last 2 months so she hasn't had the time to visit the boards more than 1-2 times lately, let alone post anything. She'll be back on providing motivation and poor grammar at some point though. :lol: :lol: :lol:

    Right now, I am grabbing my kid and we are heading out the door for LA. Time for RUSH!!!!!!!!!
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

    11,12,14,15,16, noshow 2017
  • User avatar
    R8R55
    Crewman
    Posts: 87
    Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 8:20 am
    Location: Gulfport, MS. US
    Contact:

    Re: The Fitness Thread

    by R8R55 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:59 pm

    I've lost 10 lbs a month by not drinking beer. So that's 40 so far but i still drink vodka. and i'll be drinking the hell out of beer on the cruise. :viking:
    BANG THE HEAD THAT DOES NOT BANG!
  • User avatar
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 3850
    Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:55 pm
    Location: Everett, WA USA
    Contact:

    Re: The Fitness Thread

    by TOM CRUISE » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:49 pm

    [quote="vaingloryI wondered what happened to this thread... no one else still lifting/running/(um, bellydancing)?[/quote]


    Still going strong here. gaining muscle, but lost 10 lbs of fat. I will probably have my beer belly still as that seems to be permanantly inflated. :lol:
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 Cabin-6218- Barge to hell -2012
  • User avatar
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1554
    Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:41 pm
    Location: Spijkcity!! - The Netherlands

    Re: The Fitness Thread

    by Dutchguy-Tim » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:22 am

    damn, i would love a nice cold beer right now
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

    what the hell did you do this winter?
  • User avatar
    asmegin
    Midshipman
    Posts: 781
    Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:59 am
    Location: Dallas Texas
    Contact:

    Re: The Fitness Thread

    by asmegin » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:49 am

    Dutchguy-Tim wrote:damn, i would love a nice cold beer right now


    A good o Wheat beer sounds good right now.
    Cabin # 6072
    My band: www.myspace.com/colorofaum
  • User avatar
    debborah1
    Commander
    Posts: 5986
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:37 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ
    Contact:

    Re: The Fitness Thread

    by debborah1 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:57 am

    R8R55 wrote:I've lost 10 lbs a month by not drinking beer. So that's 40 so far but i still drink vodka. and i'll be drinking the hell out of beer on the cruise. :viking:

    aWWW...iM PROUD OF YOUU!!!! :beerwink:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • User avatar
    debborah1
    Commander
    Posts: 5986
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:37 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ
    Contact:

    Re: The Fitness Thread

    by debborah1 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:58 am

    TOM CRUISE wrote:[quote="vaingloryI wondered what happened to this thread... no one else still lifting/running/(um, bellydancing)?



    Still going strong here. gaining muscle, but lost 10 lbs of fat. I will probably have my beer belly still as that seems to be permanantly inflated. :lol:[/quote]
    hEY 5 -10 15....ITS STILL AN ACCOMPLISHMENT! GOOD JOB!! :cheers:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • Metalwrath

    Re: The Fitness Thread

    by Metalwrath » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:37 am

    Yeah i've kind of forgotten about the whole excorcising thing :lol:
    Did manage to put some weight on from the month long trip and people say i look a lot healthier.
    Kinda odd.How do you get in better shape by drinking every day for a month and going nuts at festivals? :shock:
    Further prrof that my body is fueled by Booze and an unhealthy diet :twisted:
    Last edited by Metalwrath on Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • User avatar
    vainglory
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 221
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:28 pm
    Location: California

    Re: The Fitness Thread

    by vainglory » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:41 am

    Well good job everyone.
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: The Fitness Thread

    by KevinP » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:56 am

    Ran my first unofficial 5K today in the central Florida heat/humidity. Averaged right under 11 minutes per mile. It was 6am and still brutal out. God forbid there could at least be a nice crisp breeze or something. :roll:

    Was only my 2nd outside run off the treadmill, but miraculously I was able to do it, I shocked myself. :shock: Not to mention I was still recovering from a sprained ankle 2 weeks ago and my legs were sore when I woke up today. Now I can sit and relax the rest of the weekend. :cool:
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    asmegin
    Midshipman
    Posts: 781
    Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:59 am
    Location: Dallas Texas
    Contact:

    Re: The Fitness Thread

    by asmegin » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:53 am

    KevinP wrote:Ran my first unofficial 5K today in the central Florida heat/humidity. Averaged right under 11 minutes per mile. It was 6am and still brutal out. God forbid there could at least be a nice crisp breeze or something. :roll:

    Was only my 2nd outside run off the treadmill, but miraculously I was able to do it, I shocked myself. :shock: Not to mention I was still recovering from a sprained ankle 2 weeks ago and my legs were sore when I woke up today. Now I can sit and relax the rest of the weekend. :cool:


    Great job man! Before you know it, 5k won't be enough.
    Cabin # 6072
    My band: www.myspace.com/colorofaum
  • User avatar
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain
    Posts: 11103
    Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm
    Location: Vancouver, BC
    Contact:

    Re: The Fitness Thread

    by ShoreSlayer » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:45 am

    KevinP wrote:Ran my first unofficial 5K today in the central Florida heat/humidity. Averaged right under 11 minutes per mile.

    WTG man!! :headbanger: :headbanger:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

    :boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: The Fitness Thread

    by KevinP » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:06 am

    I tried again today to repeat the feat, but it's much hotter out now (10+ degrees) since it's 5 hours later in the day compared to the original run. Could only get through 2.5 and had to walk about 0.5 of that. Damn Florida heat I tell ya. My wife, who runs half marathon's, thought I was even crazy to try since she never runs outside in the hot months and it's sweltering out today. At least I didn't collapse from heat stroke :D

    The real test will be this weekend when I try again the early morning hours after 3 days rest (high 70's but with 90% humidity). :twisted:
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    debborah1
    Commander
    Posts: 5986
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:37 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ
    Contact:

    Re: The Fitness Thread

    by debborah1 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:08 am

    KevinP wrote:I tried again today to repeat the feat, but it's much hotter out now (10+ degrees) since it's 5 hours later in the day compared to the original run. Could only get through 2.5 and had to walk about 0.5 of that. Damn Florida heat I tell ya. My wife, who runs half marathon's, thought I was even crazy to try since she never runs outside in the hot months and it's sweltering out today. At least I didn't collapse from heat stroke :D

    The real test will be this weekend when I try again the early morning hours after 3 days rest (high 70's but with 90% humidity). :twisted:

    Go Kevin Go!!!!
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • User avatar
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1554
    Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:41 pm
    Location: Spijkcity!! - The Netherlands

    Re: The Fitness Thread

    by Dutchguy-Tim » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:13 am

    KevinP wrote:Ran my first unofficial 5K today in the central Florida heat/humidity. Averaged right under 11 minutes per mile. It was 6am and still brutal out. God forbid there could at least be a nice crisp breeze or something. :roll:

    Was only my 2nd outside run off the treadmill, but miraculously I was able to do it, I shocked myself. :shock: Not to mention I was still recovering from a sprained ankle 2 weeks ago and my legs were sore when I woke up today. Now I can sit and relax the rest of the weekend. :cool:



    good luck man!

    I also decided I have to get in a much better shape.
    i don't really have a beerbelly or something like that, but i have made up my mind to get a grade with judo higher within a year. i'm now a second black beld, so to say, (or ni-dan in japanese) and i want to get the 3rd dan as you call it. (San-dan)
    however to do this, I have to get much better. on a mind's level level i hues i am pretty much at that level due to the fact I helped 2 guys get a 4th dan and that helps to understand judo much!
    however, taking the exams is a bit different for a guy my age. as i'm "only" 26 they expect me to show some certain "fireworks" on the tatemi. for that i have train harder!
    usually i train once a week, apart from judo i also am a goalie for indoor football. which means with my team, i am doing al the work :lol:

    I will the barr somehat higer for me, my first goal is to train at least twice a week and if possible thrice a week.
    But that's not enough, if I really want to make a difference, i have to "practise" at home as well....

    wendy look out! :lol:
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

    what the hell did you do this winter?
  • User avatar
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain
    Posts: 11103
    Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm
    Location: Vancouver, BC
    Contact:

    Re: The Fitness Thread

    by ShoreSlayer » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:34 am

    Dutchguy-Tim wrote:I also decided I have to get in a much better shape.

    Despite hamming it up as the crazy Dutch guy around here most days, you seem to also be a very bright and focused young guy Tim. I'm sure that you'll achieve whatever goals you commit to. Kick Ass Bro!! :headbanger:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

    :boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • User avatar
    onenight
    Midshipman
    Posts: 821
    Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:11 pm
    Location: Indiana

    Re: The Fitness Thread

    by onenight » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:55 pm

    Training for my 2nd half marathon, all trail, which is in 2 weeks. Ran 5 miles yesterday, 3 today, rest tomarrow then 8 miles on thurs. Then Slayer friday and hangover saturday, then back on the road sunday. :cheers:
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
  • User avatar
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1554
    Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:41 pm
    Location: Spijkcity!! - The Netherlands

    Re: The Fitness Thread

    by Dutchguy-Tim » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:29 am

    ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Dutchguy-Tim wrote:I also decided I have to get in a much better shape.

    Despite hamming it up as the crazy Dutch guy around here most days, you seem to also be a very bright and focused young guy Tim. I'm sure that you'll achieve whatever goals you commit to. Kick Ass Bro!! :headbanger:



    thnx shoreslayer.
    lucky for me, i have one of the best teacher in holland :headbanger:
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

    what the hell did you do this winter?
  • NuuX
    Ensign
    Posts: 1150
    Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:16 am
    Location: Slovenia

    Re: The Fitness Thread

    by NuuX » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:18 am

    I decided in July to lose some weight before the cruise, because I'm sick and tired of my beerbelly (not that I hate it, it's nice to have some cusion :mrgreen: ). I was just wondering if anyone knows, what is the ideal loss of weight/month (if there is such a thing). From what I've read, you have to go easy on a long distance weight losses and not lose to much in the first month or so since body is not used to such big change.
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
  • User avatar
    Bell
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 113
    Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:06 pm
    Location: Glasgow, Scotland
    Contact:

    Re: The Fitness Thread

    by Bell » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:25 pm

    Started lifting weights in January 2006. Started Muay Thai in October 2006.

    Just recently joined a gym that's open 24/7... means when nightclubs finish at 3am, instead of paying for a taxi home, I can hit the gym, do a workout, have a shower, grab some breakfast then get the first train home. Much cheaper and healthier!
  • User avatar
    debborah1
    Commander
    Posts: 5986
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:37 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ
    Contact:

    Re: The Fitness Thread

    by debborah1 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:07 pm

    OKAY OKAY PEOPLE.......

    after quitting smoking 3 weeks ago....and 4 hours, and 32 min....ha haa...just kidding....
    I was looking into some sort of Lung Detox...to help get rid of all that I had put into my lungs over the years.......yeah....EW!
    So all the advice Ive gotten and pulled up on the internet...pretty much says that I need to excercise....along with some supplements to expedite the
    healing process....sooooo.....Hear I go starting today.....I am on a fitness kick....I am not a fluffy girl, as I have always had a high metabolism and I dont eat alot of junk...
    But lets face it...we ALL could use a bit of toning in the right places...it makes ya feel good....and it makes ya look good.....
    And Im down for both of those!! :D Hell...Im no spring "Metal" chicken anymore....but I would definatley like to LOOK like one :cheers: :beerwink:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • User avatar
    onenight
    Midshipman
    Posts: 821
    Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:11 pm
    Location: Indiana

    Re: The Fitness Thread

    by onenight » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:52 pm

    Just ran a half marathon trail run last weekend in 1:59:00. It was brutal. Could barely walk the next day. Running a 15k this weekend.

    If you want to detox your lungs Deb, run....RUN, RUN, RUN! I smoked for 15 years and I'm running my ass off. Quit 10 yrs ago but still, never too late to start!
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
  • User avatar
    debborah1
    Commander
    Posts: 5986
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:37 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ
    Contact:

    Re: The Fitness Thread

    by debborah1 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:13 pm

    onenight wrote:Just ran a half marathon trail run last weekend in 1:59:00. It was brutal. Could barely walk the next day. Running a 15k this weekend.

    If you want to detox your lungs Deb, run....RUN, RUN, RUN! I smoked for 15 years and I'm running my ass off. Quit 10 yrs ago but still, never too late to start!

    yEAH....i FIGURED THAT WOULD HELP......I'd have to invest in a REALLY good bra lmao......and the heat is pretty intense out here...but I see people running in it all the time out here!....crazy...but I may try it! It would definatley give my lungs the shock of their life!...thanx Stan! :cheers: :beerwink:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • User avatar
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain
    Posts: 11103
    Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm
    Location: Vancouver, BC
    Contact:

    Re: The Fitness Thread

    by ShoreSlayer » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:34 pm

    debborah1 wrote:......I'd have to invest in a REALLY good bra lmao...

    Should we pass the collection plate? :P :lol:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

    :boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • User avatar
    debborah1
    Commander
    Posts: 5986
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:37 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ
    Contact:

    Re: The Fitness Thread

    by debborah1 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:17 am

    ShoreSlayer wrote:
    debborah1 wrote:......I'd have to invest in a REALLY good bra lmao...

    Should we pass the collection plate? :P :lol:

    LMao!
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: The Fitness Thread

    by KevinP » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:21 am

    debborah1 wrote:
    onenight wrote:Just ran a half marathon trail run last weekend in 1:59:00. It was brutal. Could barely walk the next day. Running a 15k this weekend.

    If you want to detox your lungs Deb, run....RUN, RUN, RUN! I smoked for 15 years and I'm running my ass off. Quit 10 yrs ago but still, never too late to start!

    yEAH....i FIGURED THAT WOULD HELP......I'd have to invest in a REALLY good bra lmao......and the heat is pretty intense out here...but I see people running in it all the time out here!....crazy...but I may try it! It would definatley give my lungs the shock of their life!...thanx Stan! :cheers: :beerwink:


    The wife uses a sports bra with no wires when she runs, BUT still needs Body Glide to prevent chaffing in the bra area (underneath & in the middle). No one wants chaffed ta-tas on this cruise. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    debborah1
    Commander
    Posts: 5986
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:37 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ
    Contact:

    Re: The Fitness Thread

    by debborah1 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:26 am

    Kevin.....ha haa....yeah def no chaffed Tata's!!....that was hilarious....especially coming from you....honestly Im more of a weight lifter than a runner...Maybe some Tai Bo for cardio......Im pretty sure if I did ever take up running I wouldnt be doing it enuff to start chaffing lmao! But thanks for the "bra advice" you crack me up! :headbanger: :beerwink:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
Post Reply 2419 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests