Post Reply 409 posts
Give me STROOPWAFELS or Give me Death!!!!!!
    WallieWallie
    Chief Petty Officer

Stroopwafels - The Topic!!!

by WallieWallie » Tue May 10, 2011 1:57 pm

Some deranged (not derailed...but soon to be) forumites from North America found out about the delicious "gold" from my little country, The Netherlands, in the physical form of STROOPWAFELS.

First I only had to post links to one or two of the deranged forumites FB. But it is slowly becoming more and more of them. Is this going to be the new Vegemite-like hype?!?
    Anyway, to save me some time posting these links all over the FB accounts of these recently become stroopwafel-addicts. I created this topic.

So be hold...STROOPWAFELS - THE TOPIC!!!![/size] ...enjoy and smakelijk eten!!!

Wikipedia on stroopwafel http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stroopwafel
    Stroopwafel recipe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgz99JxgfXU
    Stroopwafel being made infront of the camera http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG7orXwcB4o
    Survivor: 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2017 / 2018 / 2020
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

Re: Stroopwafels - The Topic!!!

by Disaster Area » Tue May 10, 2011 2:05 pm

wonder what the chances of finding hem in Bakersfield, California. I say rather slim...
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

by ragnaröks_roller » Tue May 10, 2011 3:01 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The first order of business I propose is to elect Kevin P as the "Secretary of Stroopwafel". No wait. I nominate WallieWallie as secretary and Kevin P as "Minister of Propaganda".

:party:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue May 10, 2011 5:14 pm

I'm surprised they don't have these on the menu at one of my favourite breakfast restaurants :shock:

I mean, they always have bottles of Stroop on hand to pour over anything you like

So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue May 10, 2011 5:49 pm

Disaster Area wrote:wonder what the chances of finding hem in Bakersfield, California. I say rather slim...

Try Trader Joe's. At least the ones in Tucson and LA have them, albeit they are smaller than the ones I saw in Amsterdam
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Tue May 10, 2011 6:15 pm

I'm dying to try these
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #5073 70K : 2011
    CABIN #2027 70K: 2012
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #2095 70K : 2013
    CABIN # NONE : 2014 :(
    CABIN #9669 70K: 2015
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed May 11, 2011 1:09 am

ragnaröks_roller wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

The first order of business I propose is to elect Kevin P as the "Secretary of Stroopwafel". No wait. I nominate WallieWallie as secretary and Kevin P as "Minister of Propaganda".

:party:

:lol: Minister of Propaganda sounds so fitting for Kevin. That is absolutely perfect.

KDibildox wrote:
    Disaster Area wrote:wonder what the chances of finding hem in Bakersfield, California. I say rather slim...

Try Trader Joe's. At least the ones in Tucson and LA have them, albeit they are smaller than the ones I saw in Amsterdam

I'll keep my eye out for them next time I hit Trader Joe's. They sound delicious.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed May 11, 2011 3:33 am

Whole Foods Market has them as well, albeit ones made in Canada. So you can consider them a "knock off". While still good, the Dutch ones Wendy sent me were better.

So for those of you who are able to get them at Trader Joes or Whole Foods and like them: Start sucking up to a Dutchie and maybe they'll mail you some.

And as much as I hate the idea of holding the same "title" as Joseph Goebbel's, it is quite fitting :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed May 11, 2011 3:38 am

WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed May 11, 2011 7:12 am

Something tells me Kevin's house will be offering stroop baths to all guests in January :lol:

ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

by ragnaröks_roller » Wed May 11, 2011 8:31 am

KevinP wrote:
    And as much as I hate the idea of holding the same "title" as Joseph Goebbel's, it is quite fitting :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

If it would make you more comfortable we could go with the Orwellian "Minister of Truth". ;)
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Wed May 11, 2011 12:10 pm

ragnaröks_roller wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

If it would make you more comfortable we could go with the Orwellian "Minister of Truth". ;)

Oh! Oh! Give me one please! I love Orwell. Wouldn't the world be such a better place if we were all brainwashed into being happy? :P
    ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

by ragnaröks_roller » Wed May 11, 2011 1:44 pm

sageoftruth wrote:
    ragnaröks_roller wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

Oh! Oh! Give me one please! I love Orwell. Wouldn't the world be such a better place if we were all brainwashed into being happy? :P

No brainwashing needed when it comes to stroopwafels, but I'm sure Kevin would be happy to oblige when it comes to other things in life. You'll be listening to 11th Hour while you watch the Yankees game, a bag of salmiak in one hand and a tube of Vegemite in the other in no time! ;)
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Wed May 11, 2011 5:28 pm

Someone needs to photoshop Kevin with some Stroopwafels balls or something now that he has moved past the Vegemite thing. Besides we need some excitement and a little less violence in the forum prank wars thread. :lol:
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Almanac-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Black.Fate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Edguy-/-Ex.Deo-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Impellitteri-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Extremo-/-Inglorious-/-Jorn-/-Juvaliant-/-Kotipelto-/-Lord-/-Marillion-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nightingale-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Persefone-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Primal.Fear-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Running.Wild-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Vintersorg-/-Vision.Divine-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warlord-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Zebra
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed May 11, 2011 5:39 pm

Goddess of Metal wrote:Stroopwafels Balls

Some of the more talented forum fiends need to form a band and name it this :headbanger:

KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Wed May 11, 2011 6:34 pm

:lol:

Man, I want some stroopwafels now, though the normal, edible, non ball ones :lol:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed May 11, 2011 6:56 pm

Too bad, I could've sent Evil Red your way.

I hear she offers a mean teabagwafel :shock:

Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Wed May 11, 2011 8:59 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Goddess of Metal wrote:Stroopwafels Balls

Some of the more talented forum fiends need to form a band and name it this :headbanger:

Hell yeah!!! :lol:
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Almanac-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Black.Fate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Edguy-/-Ex.Deo-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Impellitteri-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Extremo-/-Inglorious-/-Jorn-/-Juvaliant-/-Kotipelto-/-Lord-/-Marillion-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nightingale-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Persefone-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Primal.Fear-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Running.Wild-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Vintersorg-/-Vision.Divine-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warlord-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Zebra
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Wed May 11, 2011 11:42 pm

Goddess of Metal wrote:Someone needs to photoshop Kevin with some Stroopwafels balls or something now that he has moved past the Vegemite thing. Besides we need some excitement and a little less violence in the forum prank wars thread. :lol:

Thanks Rob for taking care of this request!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I will see if people can find it. ;)
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu May 12, 2011 5:06 pm

Goddess of Metal wrote: now that he has moved past the Vegemite thing.

Don't speak so fast. It's still being consumed. Stropps just happen to be my new most favorite thing in the world this week :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu May 12, 2011 5:07 pm

KDibildox wrote::lol:

Man, I want some stroopwafels now, though the normal, edible, non ball ones :lol:

Now THAT's a "Freudian Slip" if I ever heard one. Watch it, you're treading on Marlo's turf :heavydrink:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu May 12, 2011 5:25 pm

KevinP wrote:

Now THAT's a "Freudian Slip" if I ever heard one. Watch it, you're treading on Marlo's turf :heavydrink:

Where's the slip? Seems to me her request fits in perfectly with what's been said here and in the other thread where the band name Stroopwafel Balls was born ;)

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu May 12, 2011 5:29 pm

KevinP wrote:
    Goddess of Metal wrote: now that he has moved past the Vegemite thing.

Don't speak so fast. It's still being consumed. Stropps just happen to be my new most favorite thing in the world this week :mrgreen:

That begs the question. Have the Stroopwafels been consumed with a vegemite topping yet?
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu May 12, 2011 7:45 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

Where's the slip? Seems to me her request fits in perfectly with what's been said here and in the other thread where the band name Stroopwafel Balls was born ;)

exactly! thanks :lol:
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Thu May 12, 2011 9:00 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

Nah he's just trying to compensate for slacking on his forum duties, including the promotion of bizarre salty foods and calling people out on freudian slips for when his focus was on his precious Wishlist thread. He missed a few gems and I think is now trying to make up for them :lol:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri May 13, 2011 3:59 am

vikingbitch wrote:Nah he's just trying to compensate for slacking on his forum duties, including the promotion of bizarre salty foods and calling people out on freudian slips for when his focus was on his precious Wishlist thread. He missed a few gems and I think is now trying to make up for them :lol:

Alot of threads I have notifications turned OFF so I have been missing stuff lately. That and a lack of sleep for the past few weeks puts me behind the 8-ball.
    Last edited by KevinP on Fri May 13, 2011 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    WallieWallie
    Chief Petty Officer

by WallieWallie » Fri May 13, 2011 7:57 am

Reading all this madness about stroopwafels really awakens the inner Ferengi in me. I should do a career change and make my own stroopwafels (or buy them cheap) and export them all over the world for shitloads of gold pressed latinum!!!

Survivor: 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2017 / 2018 / 2020
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri May 13, 2011 8:28 am

Wow Kevin. Was that a triple quote fail in one post? Lay off the stroopwafels :beerwink:
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Fri May 13, 2011 8:39 am

OMG!!!!!!!!

i thnk me, wnedy, wallie and the meat eating dutch giant (but he's gentle.... sometimes) won't get through customs this time with all those stroopwafels we're gonna bring :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and sell for high prices :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri May 13, 2011 12:17 pm

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:OMG!!!!!!!!

i thnk me, wnedy, wallie and the meat eating dutch giant (but he's gentle.... sometimes) won't get through customs this time with all those stroopwafels we're gonna bring :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and sell for high prices :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

An airport pickup required payment in Stroopwafels, be forewarned :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri May 13, 2011 12:19 pm

Tim, have you been to this place in Rotterdam?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG7orXwc ... re=related

Those are mighty BIG stroopwafels. Definitely on my MUST DO list for Holland. Fuck all the historical bullshit :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Fri May 13, 2011 4:32 pm

my is getting rich as scrooge!!!!!

deadrose
    Petty Officer

by deadrose » Fri May 13, 2011 4:40 pm

Yes, Trader Joe's has stroopwafels, but Uwajimaya (Seattle, Bellevue and Beaverton OR IIRC) has the real thing. Has many other popular Dutch foods too, because of the Ducth/Indonesian crossover. But NO SALMIAK!

Generally the only thing I can find locally is hard doublesalt salmiak buttons. Nothing else.

Maybe we should all start offering to mail out things we have access to in trade for the stuff we can't find - besides the aforementioned good stroopwafels, I can also access a huge selection of asian food, fresh-roasted Seattle coffee, and other local specialties like alder-smoked salmon. Would happily trade for various salmiak candies, Crunchie bars, or decent gooseberry jam - all I can find locally right now is the bland Ikea stuff. Beer would be good to trade too, but a little more complicated in many areas.

:cheers:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri May 13, 2011 5:12 pm

I found some stroopwafels at the world market today, and they also have salmiakki
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri May 13, 2011 7:00 pm

KDibildox wrote:I found some stroopwafels at the world market today, and they also have salmiakki

What I've enjoyed the most so far are the Dutch

I have no problem pitting the Dutchies vs the Finnish is a battle for liquorice supremacy onbroad in January.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri May 13, 2011 11:49 pm

:lol:

I've only tried the finnish kind, though I have tried several types of not salted licorice
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat May 14, 2011 4:27 am

I've only tried the finnish kind, though I have tried several types of not salted licorice

I highly recommend sucking on round salty black balls. Something you simply must try :beerwink:

(oh wait, this is something Rob should be saying :lol: :lol: :lol: )
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Digimortal
    Chief Petty Officer

by Digimortal » Sat May 14, 2011 1:11 pm

To my fellow Dutchies, which Stroopwafels do you prefer (which brand)

I wonder if we could bring some with us, but I think not
    Survivor of:
    2011: Cabin 6526
    2012: Cabin 4051
    2013: Cabin 2525
    2014: Cabin 3015
    2015: Cabin 8687
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat May 14, 2011 5:03 pm

KevinP wrote:

I highly recommend sucking on round salty black balls. Something you simply must try :beerwink:

(oh wait, this is something Rob should be saying :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Sun May 15, 2011 3:33 am

Digimortal wrote:To my fellow Dutchies, which Stroopwafels do you prefer (which brand)

I wonder if we could bring some with us, but I think not

the fresh ones are still the best off course.
    i gues we could bring some along. as long as you report it to the customs...
    i'll check in to this tomorrow at work.

Post Reply 409 posts