Post Reply 409 posts
Give me STROOPWAFELS or Give me Death!!!!!!
    KevinP
    Commander

Re: Stroopwafels - The Topic!!!

by KevinP » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:45 pm

KDibildox wrote:Strooooop-wafel yuuuuuuuuum (sung at the tune of Red Robin commercials)

Nice one, I like that :beerwink:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:47 pm

It's Kevin approved? nice!
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Inquisitor
    Midshipman

Re: Do you want a Stroopwafel Chef onbroad ?

by Inquisitor » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:58 pm

How are you not morbidly obese?
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:04 pm

Those look good!
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:08 pm

Inquisitor wrote:

How are you not morbidly obese?

Running in the Florida heat. I'm shocked I'm not an Ethiopian by now :lol:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    TheBigJankowski
    Petty Officer

by TheBigJankowski » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:33 am

Looks good. I'm on board.
    2015: Wish List: BloodCeremony, Pallbearer, Funeral, NeObliviscaris, 11thHour, BoltThrower, MDB, SearBliss, LethianDreams, EternalTearsOfSorrow, Jaldaboath, Borknagar, Equalibrium, Insomnium, Manegarm, Scox, Lumsk, CultofLuna, Einherjer, Ex Deo, HoB
    Uncle Soda
    Petty Officer

by Uncle Soda » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:41 am

Hey Kevin, can you arrange a cinema hall on the ship? The silver screen never looked tastier.

Drinks at the Twilight Tavern. Pays with Tokens of Time.

wishlist: Ensiferum, Die Apokalyptischen Reiter, Heidevolk, Chthonic, Entombed, Finntroll, Heavy Metal Perse, Powerwolf, Primordial, Grand Magus, Monster Magnet
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:51 am

Uncle Soda wrote:Hey Kevin, can you arrange a cinema hall on the ship? The silver screen never looked tastier.]

Consdering you and the wife like to dress up, I'm not surprised by this :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Digimortal
    Chief Petty Officer

by Digimortal » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:28 am

Ohhhhhh, the goodnesss

Survivor of:
    2011: Cabin 6526
    2012: Cabin 4051
    2013: Cabin 2525
    2014: Cabin 3015
    2015: Cabin 8687
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:59 am

Digimortal wrote:Ohhhhhh, the goodnesss

Do I need to PM you my mailing address ?!?!?! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:03 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    Digimortal
    Chief Petty Officer

by Digimortal » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:11 am

OMG I just ate the whole thing :P
    Survivor of:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:32 am

I finished my stroopwafels... I'd like to thank the members(pushers?) of this forum for introducing me to such a delicious treat... of course, I will not be eating anymore for quite some time in the best interest of my waistline...
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:46 am

I must admit... those Beaver Tail things do look tempting...
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:56 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:I finished my stroopwafels... I'd like to thank the members(pushers?) of this forum for introducing me to such a delicious treat... of course, I will not be eating anymore for quite some time in the best interest of my waistline...

1 per day won't kill ya. :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

by ragnaröks_roller » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:44 pm

KevinP wrote:1 per day won't kill ya. :mrgreen:

Yeah, I believe there's an old Dutch saying that goes, "A stroopwafel a day keeps the doctor away". :P
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:50 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    KevinP wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Whole Foods sucks out here. No stroopwafels :evil: Margie and I were able to at least get the mini ones at Trader Joe's :viking:

Do you have a World Market? They have the ones from Holland there, regular and mini size.

We should form a chain mail stroopwafel network so everyone has a constant stream and access to them.

Depending upon how many we need, we can think about received our own private plane to fly them in :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll check World Market on my way home from work Monday. The mini ones are good but too small to let sit over my cup of tea, though fine for dipping.

+70000 for the stroopwafel network :headbanger:

I am no longer a stroopwafel virgin. Me and Ryan went on a quest to find some this past weekend. Yum!! :D

Decided to contact the chef to ask him if he would make some for Kevin on the cruise. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Almanac-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Black.Fate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Edguy-/-Ex.Deo-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Impellitteri-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Extremo-/-Inglorious-/-Jorn-/-Juvaliant-/-Kotipelto-/-Lord-/-Marillion-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nightingale-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Persefone-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Primal.Fear-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Running.Wild-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Vintersorg-/-Vision.Divine-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warlord-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Zebra
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:57 pm

Goddess of Metal wrote:Decided to contact the chef to ask him if he would make some for Kevin on the cruise. :lol: :lol: :lol:

let me know when he responds :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:01 pm

Those are the same ones at world market, big and small
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:58 pm

KevinP wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:Well he's probably seen some of the stroop spam.

Let's hope the "ooze" has infiltrated his taste buds :mrgreen:

I love this picture and hate this picture at the same time.

I love it because it is kind of a heavenly picture of stroop-goodness.... :P
    I hate it because it is absolute fvkking TORTURE! :evil:

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
    Samhain
    Petty Officer

by Samhain » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:37 pm

KevinP wrote:
    Samhain wrote:Only if they double as a Beaver Tail chef...

... and I didn't see any poutine on the boat last year...

This is something you can eat in your everyday life, none of us North Americans have access to FRESH GIANT STROOPWAFELS.
    So stop derailing my thread with your nonsense or I will firebomb the rickshaw you are taking to Miami !!!!!! Image

Also, there was plenty of pu-tang on the cruise last year. Lest anything start calling this a sausage fest again Image

Only eastern Canada has beaver tails...

and Image

I'm totes down for Stroopwaffels though. The waffels last year... not so much a time.
    Wishlist 70K 2016: Aborted, At the Gates, Devin Townsend, Kreator, Panzerfaust, Rotting Christ.

Survivor 70K 2011-2012-2013-2014-2015
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:44 pm

KevinP wrote:
    Goddess of Metal wrote:Decided to contact the chef to ask him if he would make some for Kevin on the cruise. :lol: :lol: :lol:

let me know when he responds :mrgreen:

Sure thing... :lol:
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Almanac-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Black.Fate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Edguy-/-Ex.Deo-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Impellitteri-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Extremo-/-Inglorious-/-Jorn-/-Juvaliant-/-Kotipelto-/-Lord-/-Marillion-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nightingale-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Persefone-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Primal.Fear-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Running.Wild-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Vintersorg-/-Vision.Divine-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warlord-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Zebra
    Digimortal
    Chief Petty Officer

by Digimortal » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:51 pm

Ktulured55 wrote:Welcome Digimortal.... I'm assuming a fellow Fear Factory fan?

I have never had one of those Beaver things Sam, so I'd be willing to try one.... although you may have to start your own thread or you risk the wrath of Mr. P.

How'd you guess :P Listened to them a lot, but that was a while ago. And I've been on the forum for a while, yet I dont post that much xD
    Survivor of:
    Heijdeman
    Oiler

by Heijdeman » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:54 am

Kevin, want pie?

KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:41 am

Heijdeman wrote:Kevin, want pie?

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:18 am

Hey, if they can eat them in Kenya, we should be eating them in the Caribbean. :headbanger:

WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:55 am

you find the strangest arguments :lol: Cheers, Kev! I do hope we have a stroopwafel chef on broad
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:10 am

Drool
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:33 am

Slightly off topic but inspired by Sam's mention of waffles on last year's cruise (I never saw any but imagine they weren't so great)...

I went into a little breakfast cafe one morning a few years ago and wasn't into the typical breakfast special so had a look at the menu and ended up ordering the waffles. They brought me two Eggo toaster waffles that were barely warm and had unmelted butter spread on them. I asked the waitress if she was serious. She said yes. I walked out.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:16 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stroop_effect

Wafel Wafel Wafel Wafel Wafel Wafel
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:52 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Slightly off topic but inspired by Sam's mention of waffles on last year's cruise (I never saw any but imagine they weren't so great)...

I went into a little breakfast cafe one morning a few years ago and wasn't into the typical breakfast special so had a look at the menu and ended up ordering the waffles. They brought me two Eggo toaster waffles that were barely warm and had unmelted butter spread on them. I asked the waitress if she was serious. She said yes. I walked out.

:shock: Such a place should never be allowed to exist
    I should get around to updating my signature
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:54 pm

Why does this only have 26 votes so far. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:07 pm

viathyn wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stroop_effect

Now we're gettin' somewhere :lol:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:49 pm

It means you have more promoting to do
    Digimortal
    Chief Petty Officer

by Digimortal » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:48 pm

Hell yeah! Though I will bring some ofc!
    Survivor of:
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:53 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:

I figured you would like that. My twisted sense of humour seems to be lost to the others though haha
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:09 pm

viathyn wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:

I figured you would like that. My twisted sense of humour seems to be lost to the others though haha

HAHA! a little food coloring and we could have those wafels!
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:03 pm

OUCH, a potential blow to our cause has been dealt, with both topics being merged into this and I don't see the poll results anymore :cry: :cry: :cry:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:06 pm

KevinP wrote:OUCH, a potential blow to our cause has been dealt, with both topics being merged into this and I don't see the poll results anymore :cry: :cry: :cry:

Bummer. You can put a poll on facebook, if that makes you feel better :P
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: STROOPWAFELS - *** Thread Merged ***

by Ravenlord » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:12 pm

Ooh, you've made some enemies today Aaron Image

:lol:
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
Post Reply 409 posts