Post Reply 1435 posts
Gamers
    WallieWallie
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Xbox 360 gamers

by WallieWallie » Sun May 08, 2011 12:36 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:Portal 2 is a freaking great game!!

I just fear it has next to no replay value as there doesn't seem like there'd be any challenge in solving puzzles a 2nd time. Maybe I'm missing something or there's more to come that I'm not expecting.

The first portal game had a single player plus the challenges with 3 different settings to complete the challenge in the least amount of time/portals/steps.
    Survivor: 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2017 / 2018 / 2020
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Wed May 11, 2011 12:26 pm

WallieWallie wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:Portal 2 is a freaking great game!!

I just fear it has next to no replay value as there doesn't seem like there'd be any challenge in solving puzzles a 2nd time. Maybe I'm missing something or there's more to come that I'm not expecting.

The first portal game had a single player plus the challenges with 3 different settings to complete the challenge in the least amount of time/portals/steps.

Replay value has always been the weakest point of puzzle games with scripted puzzles. Doesn't stop me from downloading them though. It's usually a fun ride if the dialogue is well-written. I've got a long list of Sam & Max games on my Steam account that I'll probably never play again now that I've finished them.
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

Gamers

by EvilDan » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:31 am

Any gamers here? Realized I hadn't seen anything while I was shooting people in the face yesterday.

Oh, and I got @therealcliffyb to block me yesterday because I showed him why he's a douchebag.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    Stained Class
    Commander

Re: Gamers

by Stained Class » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:35 am

I used to be a gamer, haven't really gamed much in the last year and a bit. If I ever do get back into it I'm on xbox live as yoyojoe22 and my starcraft 2 email is yoyojoe22@gmail.com. Add me and some day I may return to the ways of the gamer.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Wicker Man
    Petty Officer

by Wicker Man » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:09 am

Nicolas0928 wrote:I used to play DOTA a lot !!!!, but in this moment I only play sometimes :D

Damn you just remember me so many lost hour of my life during my college time...
    The shadow of the Wicker Man is rising up again!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:29 am

Added you Joey

Dan, you might enjoy this thread http://www.70000tons.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=105&hilit=gamer

Are you on xbox?
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer

by Michaelage » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:17 pm

steam : michaelage
    ps3: michaelage666
    origin: michaelage
    games for windows live : michaelage

... want anymore... anywhere ya can find a michaelage its prolly me...
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:28 pm

I don't do the online thing... but hot damn I've been playing portal 2 lately and it's brain-bendingly awesome!
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:52 pm

viathyn wrote:I don't do the online thing... but hot damn I've been playing portal 2 lately and it's brain-bendingly awesome!

Want. I'll probably rent it soon.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:57 pm

Yeah I found it for 40 bucks new (and $55 used ??? WTF) at Futureshop last week. It's crazy.

Please check out my band

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:03 pm

viathyn wrote:Yeah I found it for 40 bucks new (and $55 used ??? WTF) at Futureshop last week. It's crazy.

Yeah it was 55 used at Gamestop too. I can wait, I don't have those gamer impulses forcing me to spend insane amounts of money on games anymore :lol:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:06 pm

It's a pretty short game, so you can probably get by with renting. The co-op mode is nuts as well. Also, the dialogue is really funny.. in a morbid kind of black humor way.

Please check out my band

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:17 pm

viathyn wrote:It's a pretty short game, so you can probably get by with renting. The co-op mode is nuts as well. Also, the dialogue is really funny.. in a morbid kind of black humor way.

We'll have to hit that up if I ever get over to see your new place.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:19 pm

Yeah man for sure!

Please check out my band

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:35 pm

Used to be a gamer but I hardly play any new games anymore. My PS3 is mostly there to play movies now. Have fired up the old Sega Genesis emulator (the console is somewhere in the depths of my mother's house) and been playing a bit of Road Rash lately. Also throw on the PS2 from time to time to play the Mega Man anniversary collection. I like when games were simpler and less realistic. Also, too many games want to be movies these days and I abhor the idea of DLC. Give me the full game when I buy it, okay?
    I should get around to updating my signature
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:56 pm

I used to spend a lot of time gaming as well. I swear the umbilical cord between me and my PS3 still haven't been cut yet, its like a damn child to me I love it that much. Also have and play the Wii, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, PSP. I would sell 1/9 of my soul to get my old Super Nintendo and all the games back :cry:

Eagerly awaiting Diablo III (for something like 9 years and counting now... :evil: :evil: :evil: ) and next Zelda game Skyward Sword. Wish I had time to play video games like I used to. One of my final nerd frontiers that I just CANNOT TOUCH is World of Warcraft. The other is Star Trek. Both would be bad. Oh so bad. :?
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:57 pm

vikingbitch wrote:I used to spend a lot of time gaming as well. I swear the umbilical cord between me and my PS3 still haven't been cut yet, its like a damn child to me I love it that much. Also have and play the Wii, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, PSP. I would sell 1/9 of my soul to get my old Super Nintendo and all the games back :cry:

I thought you said the Gamecube was broken? That would've been nice to play when I couldn't sleep :evil: That Simpsons Hit and Run game on your shelf was just begging me to play it.
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:02 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:I used to spend a lot of time gaming as well. I swear the umbilical cord between me and my PS3 still haven't been cut yet, its like a damn child to me I love it that much. Also have and play the Wii, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, PSP. I would sell 1/9 of my soul to get my old Super Nintendo and all the games back :cry:

I thought you said the Gamecube was broken? That would've been nice to play when I couldn't sleep :evil: That Simpsons Hit and Run game on your shelf was just begging me to play it.

Yup. I need to fiddle with it, at least I can play my old Gamecube games on my Wii for the time being.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:06 pm

vikingbitch wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

Yup. I need to fiddle with it, at least I can play my old Gamecube games on my Wii for the time being.

Damn, I'll have to remember that for next time.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:26 pm

vikingbitch wrote:Yup. I need to fiddle with it, I play my cube on my Wii for the time being.

that sounds perverse. keep it up :lol:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:33 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Funny... Kevin, Jose and Carrie all have 666 at the end of their gamer tags :death:

Almost seems like it's becoming mandatory. Might have to apply to have mine altered ;)

Say it, I'm the trendsettter :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:34 pm

Ryan - Road Rash III (played it on a system called Panasonic 3DO) was a blast. Cool soundtrack too!

Marlo - Yeah, Diablo III wait has gone on way too long. Supposed to be out 'for sure' before xmas this year. I too cannot go near WoW as it's just too addictive and a major waste of time in the big picture, despite how fun it can be.

Jacob n' Joey - Yeah, Portal II is one of the best/most unique games I've ever played. Loved the dialogue!
    Last edited by ShoreSlayer on Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:36 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Aaron - Request, when you guys merge new threads with old ones that are somewhat established, can you keep the name of the thread as the earlier post rather than giving it the name of the new one if possible? Thanks :cheers:

Yeah. I think Aaron is just "sticking it to me"(2X he's done that too me) . Little does he know about my vindictive side. :lol: :P :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:37 pm

KevinP wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:Aaron - Request, when you guys merge new threads with old ones that are somewhat established, can you keep the name of the thread as the earlier post rather than giving it the name of the new one if possible? Thanks :cheers:

Yeah. I think Aaron is just "sticking it to me"(2X he's done that too me) . Little does he know about my vindictive side. :lol: :P :lol:

I actually edited that request out just after first posting it cuz I think the thread title, for this one at least, now makes more sense overall.

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:39 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Ryan - Road Rash III (played it on a system called Panasonic 3DO) was a blast. Cool soundtrack too!

That's an awesome one. Think I prefer Road Rash 2 overall. I miss my Sega :cry:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:13 pm

I'm xAndThenYoudiex on xBox...
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:01 am

Thanks for the merge! Still learning my way around. I'll have to go through past posts, but...

I have a PS3, as my main gaming system, an xbox360, and a wii (useless). I briefly worked for EA-Tiburon in Orlando. All my gamertags end in 665, for a very specific reason. And it's not that 666 is taken.

I used to only play Madden, NHL and Rugby, but if a good game came out in the last 2 years before March, odds are that I've played it. Gamefly is awesome for that. I plan on renewing, but I'm a little backed up right now.

I did just finish the single player campaign on Portal 2, which was awesome. Probably going to get with friend to do co-op sometime this week. I'll be firing up Crysis 2, Dragon Age II, and finishing up Fallout: New Vegas (some day, it's been a chore compared to Fallout 3, which was awesome).

I definitely understand that some don't like to play online. I was that way for a very long time, but eventually realized how much fun it is. (It helps to mute stupid fuckers (kids), so I rarely listen to the people with headphones.) I have spent a good bit of time with the BlOps, but usually wait until double xp and new maps to play anymore. (Cheating has gotten more and more rampant lately.) Starting to play more Dead Space 2 online. Still trying to convince my friends to go online with Mortal Kombat, so I can relive some glory days of MKII on the Genesis. And most of my friends have no idea how to play the sports games (NCAA, Madden, NHL).

I can swear I've seen the name "DrinkMoxie" somewhere else, whether it be online or AOTS. Somewhere.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:07 am

AOTS? Dunno about that... But I use Drink Moxie or DrinkMoxie in a few places
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:07 pm

Ah, Gamefly is awesome. I'm a huge fan. Just don't make the same mistake as me by filling up your GameQ with Shin Megami Tensei games. They have guaranteed that I don't get my money's worth, by offering several months-worth of gameplay while being too engrossing to send back. What's worse is that none of them can be straight up bought on Gamefly. To move down my Q, I've pretty much had to buy a copy on Amazon before mailing back the one I got on Gamefly.
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:24 pm

the last couple of days I played some Tetris on the Nintendo DS :cool:
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Digimortal
    Chief Petty Officer

by Digimortal » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:55 pm

Oh my, should I even post in this topic. Major game nerd here. At least, I used to be, I'm not that active anymore.

PSN&Xbox Live: Digimortal85

And I have the Wii, Game PC (won at Ubisoft), PSP, NDS and all types of retro games.

Its convenient that I review games, that way I get some for free. Plus I'm going to visit the GamesCom next month in Keulen
    Survivor of:
    2011: Cabin 6526
    2012: Cabin 4051
    2013: Cabin 2525
    2014: Cabin 3015
    2015: Cabin 8687
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:07 am

Digimortal wrote:Oh my, should I even post in this topic. Major game nerd here. At least, I used to be, I'm not that active anymore.

And I have the Wii, Game PC (won at Ubisoft), PSP, NDS and all types of retro games.

Its convenient that I review games, that way I get some for free. Plus I'm going to visit the GamesCom next month in Keulen

Neat. Where can I catch your reviews?
    Inquisitor
    Midshipman

by Inquisitor » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:13 am

gnoff wrote:Gonna play some HoMaM III, though not online

I like your style sir, I'm beta testing HoMM VI at the moment, I'm enjoying it.
    Rab
    Chief Petty Officer

by Rab » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:29 am

i just finished chorno trigger for like the 241241213 time
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:37 am

Inquisitor wrote:

So jealous of your job. Damn.
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:39 am

I play Mount and Blade warband every now and again.
    Sieging castles is so difficult and gets so laggy :lol:
    Inquisitor
    Midshipman

by Inquisitor » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:40 am

vikingbitch wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:

So jealous of your job. Damn.

My company didn't make the game, I just got into the beta. As for being jealous of my job, don't be. It's relaxed for sure, but it's a job and comes with responsibilities and deadlines like any other job.
    Digimortal
    Chief Petty Officer

by Digimortal » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:29 am

sageoftruth wrote:
    Digimortal wrote:Oh my, should I even post in this topic. Major game nerd here. At least, I used to be, I'm not that active anymore.

Neat. Where can I catch your reviews?

I'd love to give you a link, but i doubt you'll understand anything that I am writing about, since its all Dutch :P
    Survivor of:
    2011: Cabin 6526
    2012: Cabin 4051
    2013: Cabin 2525
    2014: Cabin 3015
    2015: Cabin 8687
    TheBigJankowski
    Petty Officer

by TheBigJankowski » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:37 am

PSN: Bigswoll61

Xbox: ProfitofDoom614

Pretty much just playing Black Ops, but add me anyway. :viking:
    2015: Wish List: BloodCeremony, Pallbearer, Funeral, NeObliviscaris, 11thHour, BoltThrower, MDB, SearBliss, LethianDreams, EternalTearsOfSorrow, Jaldaboath, Borknagar, Equalibrium, Insomnium, Manegarm, Scox, Lumsk, CultofLuna, Einherjer, Ex Deo, HoB
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:09 pm

PSN: Monmisreal (Play...shit nothing really. I use the damn thing more for a media center than anything else now a days)
    Steam: Monmisreal (Play Borderlands, Magic the Gathering 2012 lmao, and Team Fortress 2) Always on steam, rarely on anything else.
    Xbox360: Surreal8773 (Dead Rising 2 and thats about it)
Post Reply 1435 posts