Post Reply 1435 posts
Gamers
    Fatum11
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Gamers

by Fatum11 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:38 pm

last_candle wrote:the last couple of days I played some Tetris on the Nintendo DS :cool:

Nice! Would have been even better if you played it on an old school Nintendo, they were awesome!
    Draconian-Samael-Opeth-Nightwish-Be'lakor-DevinTownsend-Orphandland-Doom:vs-Eluveitie-NovembersDoom-Epica-Apocalyptica-Haggard-Kamelot-Insomnium-LethianDreams-TheForeshadowing-AmonAmarth-CellarDarling-Moonspell-NeObliviscaris-RottingChrist-SepticFlesh-SwallowTheSun-Sabaton-Saturnus-Rammstein-OctoberTide-ISON-Triptykon-FleshgodApocalypse-Wolfheart
    Fatum11
    Chief Petty Officer

by Fatum11 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:53 pm

Oh I used to love that game as well! There was alot of controller throwing when I got the shits with Crash though :lol:
    Draconian-Samael-Opeth-Nightwish-Be'lakor-DevinTownsend-Orphandland-Doom:vs-Eluveitie-NovembersDoom-Epica-Apocalyptica-Haggard-Kamelot-Insomnium-LethianDreams-TheForeshadowing-AmonAmarth-CellarDarling-Moonspell-NeObliviscaris-RottingChrist-SepticFlesh-SwallowTheSun-Sabaton-Saturnus-Rammstein-OctoberTide-ISON-Triptykon-FleshgodApocalypse-Wolfheart
    Digimortal
    Chief Petty Officer

by Digimortal » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:49 am

Angry Birds :viking:
    Survivor of:
    2011: Cabin 6526
    2012: Cabin 4051
    2013: Cabin 2525
    2014: Cabin 3015
    2015: Cabin 8687
    Inquisitor
    Midshipman

by Inquisitor » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:03 am

Fatum11 wrote:
    last_candle wrote:the last couple of days I played some Tetris on the Nintendo DS :cool:

Nice! Would have been even better if you played it on an old school Nintendo, they were awesome!

What's this "were" business. they're still awesome.
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:39 am

My puzzling mind has been active this week, so I've been doing Lost Vikings 2 and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.
    junkhead13
    Chief Petty Officer

by junkhead13 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:29 am

Inquisitor wrote:
    Fatum11 wrote:

Yeah, what he said! I still break mine out once in a blue moon and play some Mega Man or Ninja Gaiden. My SNES works a whole lot better than the NES though.
    Have a good time...all the time.
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:32 am

junkhead13 wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Fatum11 wrote:

Yeah, what he said! I still break mine out once in a blue moon and play some Mega Man or Ninja Gaiden. My SNES works a whole lot better than the NES though.

I'm impressed yours still works. My controllers are both unresponsive, and so are the cartridges at this point. I've had to turn to emulation, since I can't find a way to acquire a new Super Nintendo.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:33 am

I just picked up Super Mario 64. I never owned an N64 until like a year ago, so I'm catching up on the childhood I never had. So good.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    junkhead13
    Chief Petty Officer

by junkhead13 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:37 am

sageoftruth wrote:I'm impressed yours still works. My controllers are both unresponsive, and so are the cartridges at this point. I've had to turn to emulation, since I can't find a way to acquire a new Super Nintendo.

The NES works very sporadically. I was on a NES kick a few years back and replaced the 72 pin connector which helped a bit. A lot of the games are still fucked though. The SNES works really well though and I have never had to try to repair it.
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:04 pm

Nicolas0928 wrote:THIS WAS MY FAVORITE GAME:

CRASH BANDICOOT :viking: :viking: :viking:

Classic. Used to play that one a ton.

Stained Class wrote:I just picked up Super Mario 64. I never owned an N64 until like a year ago, so I'm catching up on the childhood I never had. So good.

:viking:

I LOVED Super Mario 64 as a kid, beat it many a time. And I mean many. I think I left my N64 at my parents house, I can check next time I'm over if they still have any of my old games that you might like to borrow.

Oh and you won't be happy with me... I still haven't played the Goldeneye game on Wii that you leant me..... lol.
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:15 pm

vikingbitch wrote:Oh and you won't be happy with me... I still haven't played the Goldeneye game on Wii that you leant me..... lol.

Disappointed face is disappointed.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:03 pm

Anyone getting

WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:15 pm

Hellz yes!!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:16 pm

Stained Class wrote:Hellz yes!!

Oh goodies. I already have it paid for thru Amazon with release day shipping.

I'm super stoked to chainsaw and impale your tender white Canadian ass over and over and over. :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:

WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:16 pm

KevinP wrote:Anyone getting

It'll be going on my GameQ. If it doesn't disappoint, I'll keep it.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:18 pm

KevinP wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:Hellz yes!!

Oh goodies. I already have it paid for thru Amazon with release day shipping.

I'm super stoked to chainsaw and impale your tender white Canadian ass over and over and over. :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:

You play 2 online right? add me YoYoJoE22 I might come on at some point and school you.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:46 pm

Gamertag: DeadKevin666

WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:05 pm

junkhead13 wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Fatum11 wrote:

My dad lost my NES a long time ago :evil: Had it at his house and it mysteriously disappeared. And my mother has lost my Sega Genesis. Now what am I to do when I visit parents? I might have to actually spend time with them! :?
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Fatum11
    Chief Petty Officer

by Fatum11 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:52 pm

Inquisitor wrote:
    Fatum11 wrote:

If you can find one! My nan used to have one back in the day and I always used to play it, no idea what happened to it! Probably got thrown out or something.

Digimortal wrote:Angry Birds :viking:

That game makes me angry :lol:
    Some of the levels in the new seasons one are pretty hard, #11 I still haven't been able to finish :evil:
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:23 am

KevinP wrote:Anyone getting Gears of War 3?

Thoroughly hated the first Gears, and Cliff Blezinski is a douchebag of the highest order. No thanks.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    junkhead13
    Chief Petty Officer

by junkhead13 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:33 am

mooyagi wrote:My dad lost my NES a long time ago :evil: Had it at his house and it mysteriously disappeared. And my mother has lost my Sega Genesis. Now what am I to do when I visit parents? I might have to actually spend time with them! :?

:lol: :lol: . I hear that! What qualifies as spending time with them? It's always strange for me going home to visit nowadays. My dad reads the paper, my mom plays on her laptop, and the rest of us watch tv. Real quality time! But I guess not much has changed since I left. :lol:

But yeah, I would be mega pissed if my consoles were lost.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:50 am

junkhead13 wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:My dad lost my NES a long time ago :evil: Had it at his house and it mysteriously disappeared. And my mother has lost my Sega Genesis. Now what am I to do when I visit parents? I might have to actually spend time with them! :?

:lol: :lol: . I hear that! What qualifies as spending time with them? It's always strange for me going home to visit nowadays. My dad reads the paper, my mom plays on her laptop, and the rest of us watch tv. Real quality time! But I guess not much has changed since I left. :lol:

But yeah, I would be mega pissed if my consoles were lost.

Well, at my dad's place he usually has the grill fired up and we shoot the shit over some beers and there's usually some kind of sporting event on tv. Plus, his dog is ridiculously hyper so she's usually dominating people's attention there.

My mother usually spends her whole time on Facebook while I'm at her place :roll: I usually spend most of my time on the tv there too :lol:
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:54 pm

For all of those old school RPG Nerds out there this one just got released for steam. I bought it for 360 when it first came out and again when it released on steam. $2.70 for that game and another old school RPG that indie company made.

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:08 pm

Monmisreal wrote:For all of those old school RPG Nerds out there this one just got released for steam. I bought it for 360 when it first came out and again when it released on steam. $2.70 for that game and another old school RPG that indie company made.

whaaat? It looks too good to be true. is it actually good?
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:12 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    Monmisreal wrote:For all of those old school RPG Nerds out there this one just got released for steam. I bought it for 360 when it first came out and again when it released on steam. $2.70 for that game and another old school RPG that indie company made.

whaaat? It looks too good to be true. is it actually good?

I love it. If you love old school traditional RPGs youll like it. The lovecraft references are beyond cheesy, but its cleverly written. Gameplay is about 8-10 hours for the main story depending on the difficulty. Once you beat it you unlock a new mode, only about 40 minutes into that one so I cant say how long it is, that called Cthulhu's Angels haha
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:08 am

I guess I'll have to try it then. I've been spending quite a bit on Xbox live lately. First I got Shank, which awakened my love of 2D brawlers, so I got Dishwasher 2 (which isn't about washing dishes in case you were wondering). Both are moderately challenging, but not Nintendo hard. Nearly laughed myself to death when a bunch of forumites elsewhere were complaining about how hard Shank is on hard mode, just because hard mode gets ride of mid-level checkpoints. And they have to gall to complain that it is somehow the game's fault that they keep losing.
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:16 am

Its on 360 as well so you should be good to go there! Ive never heard of shank but my girl and I play Dishwasher 2 from time to time haha. Gotta love those ultra-violent hack and slash games
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:17 am

sageoftruth wrote:I guess I'll have to try it then. I've been spending quite a bit on Xbox live lately. First I got Shank, which awakened my love of 2D brawlers, so I got Dishwasher 2 (which isn't about washing dishes in case you were wondering). Both are moderately challenging, but not Nintendo hard. Nearly laughed myself to death when a bunch of forumites elsewhere were complaining about how hard Shank is on hard mode, just because hard mode gets ride of mid-level checkpoints. And they have to gall to complain that it is somehow the game's fault that they keep losing.

OMG, Dishwasher 2 is so much fun but SOOOO fucking hard. We (we being myself and Monmisreal=Brian=boyfriend) started playing that when it came out, but have kinda taken a break from it because it was pwning us. Beautiful graphics though :beerwink:
    I want what we've never had!

Hypocrisy-IHSAHN-Primordial-GrandMagus-Powerwolf-Myrath-Hell-Opeth-Borknagar-Leprous-SteelPanther-Voyager
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:24 am

Daenerys wrote:
    sageoftruth wrote:I guess I'll have to try it then. I've been spending quite a bit on Xbox live lately. First I got Shank, which awakened my love of 2D brawlers, so I got Dishwasher 2 (which isn't about washing dishes in case you were wondering). Both are moderately challenging, but not Nintendo hard. Nearly laughed myself to death when a bunch of forumites elsewhere were complaining about how hard Shank is on hard mode, just because hard mode gets ride of mid-level checkpoints. And they have to gall to complain that it is somehow the game's fault that they keep losing.

OMG, Dishwasher 2 is so much fun but SOOOO fucking hard. We (we being myself and Monmisreal=Brian=boyfriend) started playing that when it came out, but have kinda taken a break from it because it was pwning us. Beautiful graphics though :beerwink:

Yeah. It has taken me at least 6 to 10 tries on each boss I've faced so far. I got the game yesterday, so I still have a long way to go. Still, it does make up for it by having mid-level checkpoints once again. If it didn't then it really would be Nintendo hard. The prisoner is freaking insane. Her finishers are so sporadic it took me awhile to figure out what she was doing to her enemies. Is she biting their heads off and ripping them apart with her bare hands? It just gets better when she grafts a chainsaw onto her arm.
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:53 am

I just managed to get the Guillotine and the Painkiller. Best weapon ideas ever. Both had be laughing hard. They started off with basic swords and other weapons and then they suddenly get a giant pair of scissors and a giant syringe. Gives a new meaning to "running with scissors". Hilarious.
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:31 am

:lol: :lol: Yeah we have those weapons too. I can't remember which boss we got to that eventually made us give up, but it was sometime after getting those. Although we usually play while drunk so that probably doesn't help our skilz :lol:
    I want what we've never had!

Hypocrisy-IHSAHN-Primordial-GrandMagus-Powerwolf-Myrath-Hell-Opeth-Borknagar-Leprous-SteelPanther-Voyager
    Element0s
    Midshipman

Re: buy jailbreak ps3

by Element0s » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:06 am

where do i sign up
    SAMANDRIEL:
    Female-Fronted Melodic Power Metal

GATEKEEPER:
    Epic Heavy/Doom Metal
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:50 am

Xbox 360 is way better and easier to hack :lol:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:11 am

Metalwrath wrote:Xbox 360 is way better and easier to hack :lol:

Why do I find it hard to imagine you sitting down playing a video game? :lol:

So what is the Metalwrath game "genre" of choice ?
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:56 am

Rpgs of course :twisted:
    Although i play a lot of different kind of games.
    Was looking forward to playing Mass Effect 3 until i heard that they are designing the game so it wil only work if you have that stupid Kinnect thing.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:45 am

Metalwrath wrote:Rpgs of course :twisted:
    Was looking forward to playing Mass Effect 3 until i heard that they are designing the game so it wil only work if you have that stupid Kinnect thing.

You heard wrong. You can use Kinect for squad commands and dialogue trees, but it's NOT required. Who's stupid enough to spread that misinformation ?????? :lol:

Yeah I'm looking forward to ME3 and Skyrim. Fallout I would have loved 10 years ago when I had more time on my hands. Nowadays, it's just waaaaay too involved for me to sink that much time into.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:21 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: I like how this spammer thread just got merged with the Gamers thread. You guys derailed a spammer. Nice
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:35 pm

KevinP wrote:Fallout I would have loved 10 years ago when I had more time on my hands. Nowadays, it's just waaaaay too involved for me to sink that much time into.

I want to get into 3 and NV I have on pc but I know ill need to sink 60+ hours into the damn game. I dont even want to know how long Skyrim will be. Ive actually just installed a PSX emulator and a PS2 emulator (before I knew the PS2 one would melt my laptop since its all CPU) to play the RPGs I still own. I just dont trust my PS2 anymore, ive replaced enough parts in it and know the symptoms
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:29 pm

Metalwrath wrote:Rpgs of course :twisted:

Any Jrpgs by any chance? If you can handle long dialogues and a slow tutorial, I highly recommend Persona 4. The characters are very memorable, the battle system is fun and very strategic, the gameplay discourages level-grinding in favor of clever use of elemental rocks-paper-scissors and stat ups and downs, and the voice acting is very impressive and humorous. Of course, like many modern Jrpgs, it lacks the open-world do whatever the hell you want element of most western RPGs. Still, you are offered many choices mid-game that involve time-management, leading to quite a bit of replay value.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:36 pm

Sage,

I've given up ALL Japanese developed games. Once Sega went under and AM2, Sonic Team, Team Andromeda & Hitmaker were dismantled Japan died to me. Heck, any RPG worth's it's salt is developed in the West now.

I tried to play Lost Odyssey, but it was an exercise in tedium (like every Japanese developed game). They unfortunately could not keep up with the times and have gone the way of the dodo.

Heck, Capcom and other companies are farming out their originally developed Japanese franchises to Western developers now.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
Post Reply 1435 posts