Post Reply 1417 posts
It's Friday.. What are your weekend plans? :)
    raspberry*tart
    Chief Petty Officer

It's Friday.. What are your weekend plans? :)

by raspberry*tart » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:34 am

I can't see a specific thread for this... so what are you doing this weekend :)

It's raining here in Sydney and all I feel like doing is eating pizza, drinking beer and watching TV - Breaking Bad eps

:givebeer:
    Draconian-Nightwish-Therion-CarachAngran-Sabaton-SepticFlesh-Fleshgod-STS-Agalloch-RottingChrist-Opeth-MDB-Eluveitie-Amorphis-NeObliviscaris-Apocalytpica-BarrenEarth-Turisas-Nile-Rammstein-Korpiklaani-Heidevolk-OrphanedLand-Finntroll-DimmuBorgir-Blind Guardian
    Stained Class
    Commander

Re: It's Friday.. What are your weekend plans? :)

by Stained Class » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:50 am

Just saw Scythia and Viathyn, AWESOME, tomorrow I'm gonna do some drag racing at our local track and then go play some beer pong. Sunday I'll probably be at the race track again.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • Fatum11
    Chief Petty Officer

by Fatum11 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:21 am

Girls night tomorrow (Saturday) night :mrgreen:

Tonight is a couch bad food, bad tv and a heater, bliss!
    Draconian-Samael-Opeth-Nightwish-Be'lakor-DevinTownsend-Orphandland-Doom:vs-Eluveitie-NovembersDoom-Epica-Apocalyptica-Haggard-Kamelot-Insomnium-LethianDreams-TheForeshadowing-AmonAmarth-CellarDarling-Moonspell-NeObliviscaris-RottingChrist-SepticFlesh-SwallowTheSun-Sabaton-Saturnus-Rammstein-OctoberTide-ISON-Triptykon-FleshgodApocalypse-Wolfheart
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:23 am

Tonight nothing, just relax and maybe try to do a bit of work on my new website so it can get online next week.

They have a free city festival in Malmö for a week starting from today and tomorrow they have metal bands on one of the stages, so we are going to see Hardcore Superstar and Entombed. We will be also eating the best pizza in the world at La Siciliana. We haven't eaten there since we moved back to Copenhagen a year ago, so I've missed it. (Hey, we've got all the new smilies, but we are still missing a drooling one!)

Sunday we will be recovering from Saturday night, I guess :D Maybe go out for coffee if the weather is nice - so probably we'll stay at home :evil:
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    raspberry*tart
    Chief Petty Officer

by raspberry*tart » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:42 am

Fatum11 wrote:
    Tonight is a couch bad food, bad tv and a heater, bliss!

ALmost a complete snap there :)

How cold is it hey?
    Draconian-Nightwish-Therion-CarachAngran-Sabaton-SepticFlesh-Fleshgod-STS-Agalloch-RottingChrist-Opeth-MDB-Eluveitie-Amorphis-NeObliviscaris-Apocalytpica-BarrenEarth-Turisas-Nile-Rammstein-Korpiklaani-Heidevolk-OrphanedLand-Finntroll-DimmuBorgir-Blind Guardian
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:59 am

probably buying annual Disney passes and hitting up the Magic Kingdom :death: :death: :death:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    raspberry*tart
    Chief Petty Officer

by raspberry*tart » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:07 am

Oooooh nice Kevin! Your daughter will love that :D
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:11 am

As soon as I'm done work today I'm headed straight to the airport, will be in LA all weekend and coming back Monday :D :viking:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:12 am

vikingbitch wrote:As soon as I'm done work today I'm headed straight to the airport, will be in LA all weekend and coming back Monday :D :viking:

you gonna be puffing away or you still off the sticks ?
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:24 am

KevinP wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:As soon as I'm done work today I'm headed straight to the airport, will be in LA all weekend and coming back Monday :D :viking:

I'm slowly cutting them down, was not going to do it cold turkey. The electric fake cigarette that I have is a phenomenal replacement when I really need it. I'm down from half a pack a day if not more to just a couple (3-5) so huge progress that I'm really happy with so far.
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:43 am

gnoff wrote:Work late tonight
    Work Saturday
    Work Sunday

yaay

That sucks :evil:
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:54 am

gnoff wrote:
    MadameLePink wrote:
    gnoff wrote:Work late tonight
    Work Saturday
    Work Sunday

yaay

That sucks :evil:

Yeah, already been working 50+ hour weeks and today is my 12th day straight, will continue until September 1, then I take Sep 2 through 5 off from the mayhem before I start again.

That sounds tough! Fredrik will be working just as much during september and october. I usually call september my single month, as I don't see him at all :cry:
    Stay strong! There must be light (or lots of beers) at the end of the tunnel ;)

Beer and bananas!
  • Fatum11
    Chief Petty Officer

by Fatum11 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:21 am

raspberry*tart wrote:How cold is it hey?

Freezing!! :cry: I'm going to bed so I can get warm, our heater is pretty crap.

vikingbitch wrote:I'm slowly cutting them down, was not going to do it cold turkey. The electric fake cigarette that I have is a phenomenal replacement when I really need it. I'm down from half a pack a day if not more to just a couple (3-5) so huge progress that I'm really happy with so far.

That's awesome progress! Good on you!

gnoff wrote:Yeah, already been working 50+ hour weeks and today is my 12th day straight, will continue until September 1, then I take Sep 2 through 5 off from the mayhem before I start again.

:shock: That's cray! I hope you are getting some kick arse benefits for that! What ever happened to work/life balance? :roll:
    Draconian-Samael-Opeth-Nightwish-Be'lakor-DevinTownsend-Orphandland-Doom:vs-Eluveitie-NovembersDoom-Epica-Apocalyptica-Haggard-Kamelot-Insomnium-LethianDreams-TheForeshadowing-AmonAmarth-CellarDarling-Moonspell-NeObliviscaris-RottingChrist-SepticFlesh-SwallowTheSun-Sabaton-Saturnus-Rammstein-OctoberTide-ISON-Triptykon-FleshgodApocalypse-Wolfheart
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:02 am

vikingbitch wrote:I'm slowly cutting them down, was not going to do it cold turkey. The electric fake cigarette that I have is a phenomenal replacement when I really need it. I'm down from half a pack a day if not more to just a couple (3-5) so huge progress that I'm really happy with so far.

Good work. That will keep me off your back for a few days. No slip ups though :beerbang:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Egokrusher
    Petty Officer

by Egokrusher » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:33 am

I work 33 hours every weekend, starting on Friday. I never have fun on weekends because I'm stuck at work until 3:30 AM on both Saturday and Sunday. Fun.
    "Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist." - Epicurus

Cabin: 5571!
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:01 am

vikingbitch wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

I'm slowly cutting them down, was not going to do it cold turkey. The electric fake cigarette that I have is a phenomenal replacement when I really need it. I'm down from half a pack a day if not more to just a couple (3-5) so huge progress that I'm really happy with so far.

Way to go! As a former smoker, I know what it's like quitting. Cold turkey didn't work for me, just had to ween myself off of those things. You Can Do It!

I have a family reunion tomorrow. I don't know anyone in my family other than my mom, dad, sister, brother in law and their kids, but at least there'll be beers to drink. :pound:
    Sunday will be spent cleaning the house in preparation for the in-laws coming to visit next week. :?
    Rab
    Chief Petty Officer

by Rab » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:08 am

I broke my foot 2 days ago so i got fucked for weekend plans boooooooo which were going to see amon amarth on sunday but i cant drive let alone dirve 3 hours to rodchester new york
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:39 am

Tonight I'm going with some friends to eat at Chilis and get some Chilis nachos :cry: (tears of joy). Tomorrow, I'm going to be lazy and then go on a short run after I'm done being lazy. Sunday, my former college suitemate is coming over to show off his new National Guard uniform. That's my weekend.
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:08 am

Have fun! hey next time you should come visit here! :mrgreen: and that's great about cutting back on the cigs.

My plans so far are: singing class, car shopping, cleaning the apartment (ugh!), possibly a movie or some storm chasing. Tomorrow: probably more car shopping and Sunday, work as usual.
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:35 am

Bentz! wrote:Way to go! As a former smoker, I know what it's like quitting. Cold turkey didn't work for me, just had to ween myself off of those things. You Can Do It!

Wow, you don't peg me as a smoker, hard to fathom. Then again, I find the whole idea of it hard to fathom. But anyways,

WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:25 pm

vikingbitch wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

Congrats Marlo! That'll make our weekend even better since you won't have to keep running out for a smoke. Don't worry, I've got something else you can stick in your mouth instead. :cool:

Will be a weekend full of vikingbitch. :wank: We are having dinner with a couple of my relatives tomorrow night but other than that no plans set in stone.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:32 pm

mooyagi wrote:<insert obvious dirty joke here>

:P
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:58 pm

Wow! Lots of diverse plans! :cheers:

This is a very big weekend for my 12 & 13 year old girls - after more than 6 years of MMA (mixed martial arts) training - they will be doing a six hour long test for their black belts tomorrow. They are nervous but excited! My husband has been their personal coach since he does MMA as well and they've been doing lots of extra training with him this summer (they call it dad's "Boot Camp.") Tonight we're going to stay home, have salmon for dinner and watch the movie The Last Samurai. Tomorrow night maybe we'll go out for a special dinner, depending how they feel. (they won't know who of the group testing tomorrow will get their black belts for a couple weeks). Other than that, I'm working Saturday and Sunday (I work every other weekend but get certain weekdays off), and then I need to pack for Monday's trip. omg! :beerhorns:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

by ragnaröks_roller » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:52 pm

Laura, tell your girls I send the best of luck with their testing, though I'm sure their hard work has eliminated the need for luck! :D

My upstairs neighbors are supposed to be having a BBQ/back yard bonfire but it's almost 3pm and it's RAINING. I really hope it stops sooner than later, as one of my three upstairs people mentioned that she has METALHEADS coming over! Not only that, "at least 3" of them! I am so insanely starved for social interaction that the BBQ and group of "regulars" that frequent these things sounds great, but the promise of metalheads that aren't the 3 of my friends here in town is almost too much! I'm seriously going to cry if this thing gets cancelled and they don't just move the party inside. :cry: MUST. HAVE. FAITH. The metal party gods already rained out one highly anticipated chance for me to hang out with other people this summer, it better not happen again!
    :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: (I LOVE this emoticon! It's exactly how I feel a lot of the time!)

When I get home I'm making strawberry salsa to take to the BBQ. Sounds disgusting. Tastes amazing. :trashdrink:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:08 pm

gnoff wrote:oops, apprently it's against the law to work as much as I do...

Guess I shouldn't talk about it then :roll:

wait... what?! I should have been born in Sweden... I used to HAVE to work 84 hour weeks at a previous job...
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:15 pm

ragnaröks_roller wrote:Laura, tell your girls I send the best of luck with their testing, though I'm sure their hard work has eliminated the need for luck! :D

My upstairs neighbors are supposed to be having a BBQ/back yard bonfire but it's almost 3pm and it's RAINING. I really hope it stops sooner than later, as one of my three upstairs people mentioned that she has METALHEADS coming over! Not only that, "at least 3" of them! I am so insanely starved for social interaction that the BBQ and group of "regulars" that frequent these things sounds great, but the promise of metalheads that aren't the 3 of my friends here in town is almost too much! I'm seriously going to cry if this thing gets cancelled and they don't just move the party inside. :cry: MUST. HAVE. FAITH. The metal party gods already rained out one highly anticipated chance for me to hang out with other people this summer, it better not happen again!
    :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: (I LOVE this emoticon! It's exactly how I feel a lot of the time!)

When I get home I'm making strawberry salsa to take to the BBQ. Sounds disgusting. Tastes amazing. :trashdrink:

knowing how good mango salsa is, I'd be completely unsurprised by strawberry salsa being awesome
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:03 pm

ragnaröks_roller wrote:Laura, tell your girls I send the best of luck with their testing, though I'm sure their hard work has eliminated the need for luck! :D

Hey Anika! :heavydrink: I will definitely pass on the good wishes to Veronica & Genevieve! :D and speaking of them, they decided to go to ONE more class tonight before the big test tomorrow, so husband took them....which means I get an hour or two to myself! :D

Hope the BBQ works out - LOVE your descriptiom - I often crave people I can talk music with - guess that's why I'm on here so much!!!

And re: this new smiley :bitch: - I love it too! So funny - rollers and rolling pin and all. Which begs the question - has anyone here ever shaken a rolling pin at anyone? Can't say I have, but I almost think I should! (just cuz) :bitch: :lol: :givebeer:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:45 pm

Haha, I'd actually have to buy a rolling pin to do that.... may just be worth it :mrgreen:

mooyagi wrote:Congrats Marlo! That'll make our weekend even better since you won't have to keep running out for a smoke. Don't worry, I've got something else you can stick in your mouth instead. :cool:

Oh man, with lines like that, no wonder she fell for you! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:18 pm

KDibildox wrote:Haha, I'd actually have to buy a rolling pin to do that.... may just be worth it :mrgreen:

mooyagi wrote:Congrats Marlo! That'll make our weekend even better since you won't have to keep running out for a smoke. Don't worry, I've got something else you can stick in your mouth instead. :cool:

Oh man, with lines like that, no wonder she fell for you! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Get yourself a rolling pin, Kate! They're fun and essential for cookie cutter cookies of all kinds (imo): Christmas trees, Santas, snowmen, stars, hearts, cupids, hearts, thanksgiving day turkeys, Easter bunnies, acorns, four-leaf clovers, dinosaurs, ETC.!
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:29 pm

Laura wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:Haha, I'd actually have to buy a rolling pin to do that.... may just be worth it :mrgreen:

Get yourself a rolling pin, Kate! They're fun and essential for cookie cutter cookies of all kinds (imo): Christmas trees, Santas, snowmen, stars, hearts, cupids, hearts, thanksgiving day turkeys, Easter bunnies, acorns, four-leaf clovers, dinosaurs, ETC.!

I actually have a fetus shaped cookie cutter, which I've never used because 1) I usually make chocolate chip cookies, 2) not sure if people would find it offensive. I don't, but there are a lot of things I'm not offended by that others are. I will have to get me a rolling pin, thanks! :bitch:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:25 pm

KDibildox wrote:
    Laura wrote:

I actually have a fetus shaped cookie cutter, which I've never used because 1) I usually make chocolate chip cookies, 2) not sure if people would find it offensive. I don't, but there are a lot of things I'm not offended by that others are. I will have to get me a rolling pin, thanks! :bitch:

:shock: I want your abortion cookies. That is awesome! :headbanger: :death:
    raspberry*tart
    Chief Petty Officer

by raspberry*tart » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:29 pm

It's so romantic isn't it :lol:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:31 pm

raspberry*tart wrote:

It's so romantic isn't it :lol:

I'm a charmer :mrgreen: Since she's on an airplane right now on her way to see me, the lines clearly work. :cool:
    raspberry*tart
    Chief Petty Officer

by raspberry*tart » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:34 pm

I can't argue with that!! ;) :lol:
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:59 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:
    Laura wrote:Get yourself a rolling pin, Kate! They're fun and essential for cookie cutter cookies of all kinds (imo): Christmas trees, Santas, snowmen, stars, hearts, cupids, hearts, thanksgiving day turkeys, Easter bunnies, acorns, four-leaf clovers, dinosaurs, ETC.!

Haha I will have to make them and take them to Miami :D
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:18 am

KDibildox wrote:
    Laura wrote:

A fetus cookie cutter? :lol: I have about 50 different cookie cutters, but can't say I have one of those. Sounds like it could look kinda blobbish to me - depending on its "stage of development." :lol: ;) Speaking of fetuses, has anyone here ever seen the exhibit at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago of the fetuses from beginning of development till birth? Apparently they were all fetuses (there are at least 20 of them) that died of natural causes and then were used for this exhibit (they've somehow been preserved and look completely fresh and alive after all these years :? ). When I was a kid on field trips to the MSI, we used to dare each other to go see the "babies." :shock: So creepy to us kids at the time! It's actually a very cool exhibit and even my girls find it fascinating too. Likewise, saw the big Bodyworlds exhibit there a few years ago - amazing! http://www.bodyworlds.com/en.html
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:10 am

Laura wrote:Wow! Lots of diverse plans! :cheers:

This is a very big weekend for my 12 & 13 year old girls - after more than 6 years of MMA (mixed martial arts) training - they will be doing a six hour long test for their black belts tomorrow. They are nervous but excited!

At first I read "Perverse" instead of diverse!

Good luck to your little ninjas!
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:23 am

KDibildox wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:I actually have a fetus shaped cookie cutter, which I've never used because 1) I usually make chocolate chip cookies, 2) not sure if people would find it offensive. I don't, but there are a lot of things I'm not offended by that others are. I will have to get me a rolling pin, thanks! :bitch:

Haha I will have to make them and take them to Miami :D

I would gladly eat your cookies. :shock: :? :P :lol:
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:27 am

Laura wrote:Wow! Lots of diverse plans! :cheers:

This is a very big weekend for my 12 & 13 year old girls - after more than 6 years of MMA (mixed martial arts) training - they will be doing a six hour long test for their black belts tomorrow. They are nervous but excited! My husband has been their personal coach since he does MMA as well and they've been doing lots of extra training with him this summer (they call it dad's "Boot Camp.") Tonight we're going to stay home, have salmon for dinner and watch the movie The Last Samurai. Tomorrow night maybe we'll go out for a special dinner, depending how they feel. (they won't know who of the group testing tomorrow will get their black belts for a couple weeks). Other than that, I'm working Saturday and Sunday (I work every other weekend but get certain weekdays off), and then I need to pack for Monday's trip. omg! :beerhorns:

You know, it's kinda funny. I was wondering, after our discussions on movies, what your thoughts were about MMA and boxing. I cannot/will not watch it. It just seems like a human cockfight, and I have no interest in watching that REAL (though controlled) violence.

Missed Crowbar last night and the Ride For Dime pre-party. So that sucks, but today is Ride For Dime, and tomorrow is Summer Slaughter, so I'm sure I'll forget about that soon enough.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DIME! Miss ya buddy! :whisky: :whisky: :whisky: (I'm assuming these are Black Tooth Grins.) :P
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:48 am

^^^ no, I don't actually like to watch professional boxing or most MMA (love martial arts movies though - especially Bruce Lee!)...but my husband and kids love it! Husband even took our older girl to some big MMA pay per view thing at a neighborhood bar this summer (ha - was surprised they let her in!) A lot of MMA of course is way over the top...the head of my kids' MMA school has even said that the extreme MMA stuff popular now gives what they do at their school a "bad name" so to speak.
Post Reply 1417 posts