Post Reply 1439 posts
It's Friday.. What are your weekend plans? :)
    mooyagi
    Captain

Re: It's Friday.. What are your weekend plans? :)

by mooyagi » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:38 pm

Might go hiking up at Mt. Lemmon again. Tomorrow night, we're going to a haunted house attraction: http://www.nightfallaz.com/

Should be lots of fun! :death:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:52 pm

tomorrow, I'm gonna meet up with a few guys from high school - some I've only seen once since then
    we're going to a high wire park (or however they are called)
    if this isn't taking the hole day, I'm going to my friend's (70k travel mate) bday-party afterwards...
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:35 pm

last_candle wrote:tomorrow, I'm gonna meet up with a few guys from high school - some I've only seen once since then
    if this isn't taking the hole day, I'm going to my friend's (70k travel mate) bday-party afterwards...

Have a great b'day weekend Bro! :cheers:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:01 pm

I had today off (how the hell did that happen?) and Jeff's parents were in town so I went and spent the afternoon with them. We went to Olive Garden and talked about how big a loser Jeff is...just kidding. We ate pasta.
    Tomorrow I'm working and going to a Halloween party, Sunday I'm going to wallow in self-loathing and hangover.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:41 pm

well, the new roommate (now ex roommate) stole some stuff from me, most annoyingly my expensive luggage, and skipped town. He left a huge mess... so I've got to spend the weekend cleaning up so I can try to find a new roommate quickly...
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:03 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:well, the new roommate (now ex roommate) stole some stuff from me, most annoyingly my expensive luggage, and skipped town. He left a huge mess... so I've got to spend the weekend cleaning up so I can try to find a new roommate quickly...

Wow man, I'm sorry to hear that; what a dick. I'd probably hunt him down and kick his ass, I have no tolerance for that kind of shit, such total disrespect :evil:
    I want what we've never had!

Hypocrisy-IHSAHN-Primordial-GrandMagus-Powerwolf-Myrath-Hell-Opeth-Borknagar-Leprous-SteelPanther-Voyager
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:13 pm

Daenerys wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:well, the new roommate (now ex roommate) stole some stuff from me, most annoyingly my expensive luggage, and skipped town. He left a huge mess... so I've got to spend the weekend cleaning up so I can try to find a new roommate quickly...

Wow man, I'm sorry to hear that; what a dick. I'd probably hunt him down and kick his ass, I have no tolerance for that kind of shit, such total disrespect :evil:

I have his mom's address in Florida. I'm thinking about flying down.
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:57 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    Daenerys wrote:

Maybe a new activity to add to the pre-trp itinerary perhaps? A boatload of black-clad metalheads showing up on one's doorstep has to be pretty motivating when it comes to making amends :headbanger:

Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:02 am

AlaskaRachel wrote:Very cool ballet concept, let us know how it was!

The Green Table performance was so great! The man who danced the role of Death was excellent - the Joffrey used the original choreography from 1932 by German Kurt Jooss - Death's movements were very stiff, harsh, and uncompromising - very fitting for the character. :death: Our season's tickets are in the 2nd row of the balcony (Auditorium Theater), and I like to look through binoculars at least part of the time to see the facial expressions of the dancers. Death was wearing that almost black metal-esque face paint (seen in pic above), but he kept a completely emotionless face throughout which was chilling and very effective. There were many sequences including politician/heads of state types fighting, soldiers going off to battle, bereaved women saying goodbye to their loved ones, and so on - all "acted out" through dance. And Death was always there - hovering, waiting, attacking. It was really something! I hadn't known anything about Kurt Jooss before - what an interesting life! He was also the founder of tanztheater which is really cool. He premiered The Green Table in Germany the year before Hitler's rise to power in 1933. When Hitler demanded that he rid his dance company of all Jews, he refused and was forced to flee Germany. More here: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurt_Jooss

There were two other dances that night that were accompanied by a full orchestra. (The Green Table was danced to a dramatic piano piece). They were very good, but The Green Table was definitely the highlight of the evening. What blew me away the most about the first performance (called Forgotten Land http://joffrey.org/landscapenotes) was the music by 20th c classical composer Benjamin Britten - I'd heard his name before but didn't know his music at all. Super powerful and dramatic - I plan to check out some Britten from where I work when I'm back on Monday. I really love so much classical music, but haven't devoted much time to it. This is something I plan to do more and more.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:23 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:
    Daenerys wrote:

Maybe a new activity to add to the pre-trp itinerary perhaps? A boatload of black-clad metalheads showing up on one's doorstep has to be pretty motivating when it comes to making amends :headbanger:

she lives north(ish) of Orlando, though

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:09 am

Laura wrote:
    AlaskaRachel wrote:Very cool ballet concept, let us know how it was!

The Green Table performance was so great! The man who danced the role of Death was excellent - the Joffrey used the original choreography from 1932 by German Kurt Jooss - Death's movements were very stiff, harsh, and uncompromising - very fitting for the character. :death: Our season's tickets are in the 2nd row of the balcony (Auditorium Theater), and I like to look through binoculars at least part of the time to see the facial expressions of the dancers. Death was wearing that almost black metal-esque face paint (seen in pic above), but he kept a completely emotionless face throughout which was chilling and very effective. There were many sequences including politician/heads of state types fighting, soldiers going off to battle, bereaved women saying goodbye to their loved ones, and so on - all "acted out" through dance. And Death was always there - hovering, waiting, attacking. It was really something! I hadn't known anything about Kurt Jooss before - what an interesting life! He was also the founder of tanztheater which is really cool. He premiered The Green Table in Germany the year before Hitler's rise to power in 1933. When Hitler demanded that he rid his dance company of all Jews, he refused and was forced to flee Germany. More here: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurt_Jooss

There were two other dances that night that were accompanied by a full orchestra. (The Green Table was danced to a dramatic piano piece). They were very good, but The Green Table was definitely the highlight of the evening. What blew me away the most about the first performance (called Forgotten Land http://joffrey.org/landscapenotes) was the music by 20th c classical composer Benjamin Britten - I'd heard his name before but didn't know his music at all. Super powerful and dramatic - I plan to check out some Britten from where I work when I'm back on Monday. I really love so much classical music, but haven't devoted much time to it. This is something I plan to do more and more.

Sounds awesome! Definitely check out Britten. One of his pieces he's best known for is his War Requiem
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:18 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    last_candle wrote:tomorrow, I'm gonna meet up with a few guys from high school - some I've only seen once since then

Have a great b'day weekend Bro! :cheers:

thanks! had a great day, but we had to skip the high wire park because of the snow---
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:19 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:I have his mom's address in Florida. I'm thinking about flying down.

she lives north(ish) of Orlando, though

Just send our good man Kevin over there with some Vegemite to scar him for life :twisted:
    I want what we've never had!

Hypocrisy-IHSAHN-Primordial-GrandMagus-Powerwolf-Myrath-Hell-Opeth-Borknagar-Leprous-SteelPanther-Voyager
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:19 pm

mooyagi wrote:Might go hiking up at Mt. Lemmon again. Tomorrow night, we're going to a haunted house attraction: http://www.nightfallaz.com/

Should be lots of fun! :death:

Nightfall was pretty fun! It had three haunted house attractions and a couple of shows, one of which was hilarious. The haunted houses weren't entirely scary but had a couple of jump scare moments. The 3D clown house was the best one.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:41 pm

This evening, we are headed the house of one of Kate's former coworker's for beers and food. Sounds like I might be the only one there not speaking Spanish, so conversation will be interesting :?

Tomorrow, there is a parade (or something like that) downtown for Dia de los Muertos.
    Castroh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Castroh » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:46 pm

Zombie paintball tonight. Insomnium, Alestorm, & Epica tomorrow.
    2012 - 2019 Survivor
    2020 - Yup!
    metalgoddess
    Midshipman

by metalgoddess » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:09 am

Castroh wrote:Zombie paintball tonight. Insomnium, Alestorm, & Epica tomorrow.

What makes the paintball "zombie?"
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:30 pm

metalgoddess wrote:
    Castroh wrote:Zombie paintball tonight. Insomnium, Alestorm, & Epica tomorrow.

What makes the paintball "zombie?"

I think the paintball venue has staff that dress as zombies and basically roam around acting as zombies and it's like shooting fish in a barrel except there's no barrels and the fish are zombies.

Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:10 pm

Typical working weekend ect etc

Sunday-- the Final Formula1 Race to decide the Championship in Brazil ( yes, I talk racing too much---- :D , b ut it's nice that I can log in here without anyone ruining an y news for me LOL )

Grey Cup-- Canadian Football League Championship( it's like American Football -NFL) but different rules, and way more zany!

:party:
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:00 pm

I know it's only Tuesday, but so stoked for this long weekend ahead starting with dinner out and The Who doing Quadrophenia on Thursday night with my husband, sister, and brother-in-law....yay! :D Then Friday night will be a family night of some sort (most likely dinner out and a movie), and then....drum roll...
    Mom (moi) leaves for Miami Saturday morning at 10:00 am!! So excited to do Flanigan's on Saturday night and the Sunday beach party since I missed those the last two 70K's. And then off to Captain Metal's awesomely planned pre-party for the third time in a row! On Monday, I shall bid adieu to my hotel roommates and wish them a bon voyage on the Barge, and I shall head back to Chi-town. A perfect getaway for gettin' my ya-yas out :lol: before a busy all-family oriented month of December. :beerwink:

And last but not least - can't wait to see eveyone again!!! :D
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:16 am

Wow, this thread made it back to page 5? BRINGIN' IT BACK!!!

Tonight I'm going over to a buddy's place to consume mass quantities of charred animal flesh and homebrew meads, whilst playing some board games and listening to metal.

Rest of the weekend entails recovery and cleaning!
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    APaleHorseNamedDeath-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Ataraxie-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-DoomVS-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-Ea-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-FatesWarning-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Hypocrisy-/-Krypts-/-Kull-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-Loss-/-Luna-/-TheManEatingTree-/-Monolithe-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Profetus-/-Prong-/-RedMoonArchitect-/-Remembrance-/-RevelationsOfRain-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saille-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-SolitudeAeturnus-/-Strigoi-/-TombofFinland-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-WhoDiesInSiberianSlush-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Bloodbath-/-DarkTranquillity-/-DeathAngel-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-InVain-/-Kalmah-/-Kataklysm-/-Kreator-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonspell-/-MyDyingBride-/-Månegarm-/-OctoberTide-/-ParadiseLost-/-RottingChrist-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-SymphonyX-/-Thyrfing
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:49 am

nekrobarr wrote:Wow, this thread made it back to page 5? BRINGIN' IT BACK!!!

Tonight I'm going over to a buddy's place to consume mass quantities of charred animal flesh and homebrew meads, whilst playing some broad games and listening to metal.

Rest of the weekend entails recovery and cleaning!

Fun stuff!

Tonight we're heading up to Glendale for the final Coyotes home game of the season. Hopefully not their final home game ever. Slaytanic (or Malaka or whatever the hell he calls himself now) and BadMetalKitty are meeting up with us there. Should be fun!

Tomorrow we're gonna hit up the Pima County Fair. The fair is having a beer tasting event tomorrow so hopefully we can make it there early enough to do it. Fair food is always fun. Last year they had deep fried twinkies and snickers bars and oreos. Wonder what crazy thing I'll eat this time.
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Fri May 03, 2013 4:19 pm

Hope everyone has a good weekend! :cheers:
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    APaleHorseNamedDeath-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Ataraxie-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-DoomVS-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-Ea-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-FatesWarning-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Hypocrisy-/-Krypts-/-Kull-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-Loss-/-Luna-/-TheManEatingTree-/-Monolithe-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Profetus-/-Prong-/-RedMoonArchitect-/-Remembrance-/-RevelationsOfRain-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saille-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-SolitudeAeturnus-/-Strigoi-/-TombofFinland-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-WhoDiesInSiberianSlush-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Bloodbath-/-DarkTranquillity-/-DeathAngel-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-InVain-/-Kalmah-/-Kataklysm-/-Kreator-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonspell-/-MyDyingBride-/-Månegarm-/-OctoberTide-/-ParadiseLost-/-RottingChrist-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-SymphonyX-/-Thyrfing
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri May 03, 2013 6:40 pm

Finally Friday!!!!!!
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri May 03, 2013 6:51 pm

I really should go to a dive bar tonight to see Cauldron but will remain glued to my couch until the Canuck game is over and, if they play like they did Wednesday, will likely be too depressed to do anything afterwards :lol:

KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri May 03, 2013 10:11 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:I really should go to a dive bar tonight to see Cauldron but will remain glued to my couch until the Canuck game is over and, if they play like they did Wednesday, will likely be too depressed to do anything afterwards :lol:

:cry:
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Sat May 04, 2013 4:54 am

Moving across town. I have 999,000,000,000,000 things to do today, tomorrow, and Monday. :cry:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sat May 04, 2013 7:12 am

^^^ good luck moving! I hate moving - and don't plan on ever moving again. (I morbidly joke with my family that the last time I leave/move from our house, I'll be the one in a box. :death:

Busy but fun weekend....last night was Steven Wilson at The Park West - really great as I expected...he remains one of my favorite musicians of all time. Here doing Trains at The Park West - the first time I saw Porcupine Tree in 2005 and where they filmed for the DVD Arriving Somewhere. http://youtu.be/TaP46asbIS4 :cool:

This morning is one of the kids' soccer games (I shall now officially add soccer mom to my resume :P ), this afternoon seeing the ballet Othello again (can't get enough) - this time taking one of the girls. Tonight is Ragnarokkr Day 2 at Reggie's - it's either that -or- we may drive downstate tonight rather than super early a.m. tomorrow for a nephew's college graduation and big family party taking place tomorrow. Don't want to miss Ragnarokkr (Oz is tonight), but oh well. May be better off skipping it and saving my energy up for Riverside, Pain of Salvation, Turbonegro, and Bolt Thrower this month. :beerwink:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat May 04, 2013 10:20 am

Malaka wrote:Moving across town. I have 999,000,000,000,000 things to do today, tomorrow, and Monday. :cry:

Ugh, moving sucks! but at least you won't have the long ass commutes anymore! :D
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Mon May 06, 2013 2:58 pm

I spent all weekend out in the yard hauling mulch and dirt and digging more garden beds. also seeded some wildflowers and did a ton of weeding, sweeping, composting.... yay for homeownership!
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Mon May 06, 2013 3:31 pm

WizardBeast wrote:I spent all weekend out in the yard hauling mulch and dirt and digging more garden beds. also seeded some wildflowers and did a ton of weeding, sweeping, composting.... yay for homeownership!

I can't wait to have a home where I can do that kinda stuff too :)

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri May 10, 2013 8:33 am

Pain of Salvation tonight at Reggie's (*runs around in circles with excitement*) with a slight change of plans - I bought the meet and greet ticket ($50 instead of $25) which means you get in early (doors open at 7 pm - so assuming sometime before that). Well - I've since decided that I'm going to skip the meet and greet because: a. I am such a huge crazy fan of Gildenlow, that I honestly wouldn't know what to say to him & think I would simply feel too weird & nervous. :oops: (Seriously!! :P ) b. there are three opening bands and I decided I don't want to bother with any of them/dilute the PoS experience. Plus - depending on set list times - that would all make for 4-5 hours minimum at Reggie's and I'm just not up for that tonight....so - better to just go home directly after work (rather than go to Reggie's right after as I did for last month's Paganfest there), hang out at home with the family, and then head out to Reggie's later. Will call about set list times later today - but hoping PoS isn't slated to go on until 9:30 pm or later.

Rest of the weekend? Well, it's Mother's Day Sunday - so lots of family related stuff with husband, kids, my parents & others. Needless to say - I'm skipping hoofing it out to effing Joliet tomorrow night to see Opeth.

Not the weekend, but looking forward to finally seeing Book of Mormon with my husband next Wednesday - the tix were my Christmas gift to him which seems like forever ago that I bought them! My sister & brother-in-law saw it last week and while they said it was one of the raunchiest shows they've seen, they said it was hilarious!!!
    ArlequinA
    Petty Officer

by ArlequinA » Fri May 10, 2013 9:43 am

my plans are:

GETTING TATTOOED AND SEING MY FAVORITE SINGER EVER (I believe everybody knows who :P)!!!!!!!!

it's gonna be a fucking awesome weekend! :boobs:
    Korpiklaani | Alestorm | Cruachan | Adorned Brood | Vintersorg | Einherjer | Metsatöll | Diablo Swing Orchestra | Therion | Haggard | Kultur Shock | Orphaned Land | Moonspell | Twisted Sister | Blind Guardian | Lacrimosa | In Extremo | Andre Matos
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Fri May 10, 2013 10:46 am

Hanging out at a bar with a buddy from taekwando. Hopefully it won't be too divey, but we can do something else if I'm not having fun.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat May 25, 2013 7:30 am

Holiday weekend! Heading up to Phoenix tomorrow to have a mini forum meetup with the Phoenix people and junkhead and amandroid are in town for it.

:party: :party: :party:
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Sat May 25, 2013 11:15 am

Stayed up until 4am painting, thanks to Charlie, he saved my painting with an awesome idea. I started the painting 8 months ago and ended up hating it, put it away for months but last night I started to re-work it and now I believe it can be saved!!!!!!

Today is going to be a lazy day since its so gross outside - hopefully I get to BBQ at some point this long weekend!!!!!!!!!

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:11 am

Pretty much nothing for once. Maybe a little bit of hiking or mountain biking.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:04 pm

Busy weekend. I'm spending all of Saturday with some friends. Then, I'm getting a visit from a good friend from college. We'll need to decide whether or not we feel like attending a birthday event for another college buddy of ours later that afternoon in Boston.
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:08 pm

Probably roleplay* a little with my friends (we're using the FATE Accelerated system, which we've only used once before**. Looks interesting). Tomorrow I'll study for my exam and then go to some birthday party and on Sunday it's lucha libre time at the Arena Coliseo! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

*Roleplay as in RPG
    **The only time we used it, my character was an alcoholic stoner parrot. :P
    Last edited by X-Thor on Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:29 pm

Went to the beach for awhile today... tomorrow to Busch Gardens for some coasters!

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
Post Reply 1439 posts