Post Reply 244 posts
Beards
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

Re: Beards

by EvilDan » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:43 am

So regarding the picture, I'm being a bit of a pain in the ass about it. I have a thing about trying to keep my internet footprint as small as possible, for a variety of reasons, not all of which are paranoid. So I really don't want to have to sign up for a service, when my plan was to make the pic viewable for a couple of days, then take it down. (Again for the same reasons.) I don't really want to email it to a bunch of people because of the potential of permanency, which is a HUGE problem I have with the UMC ticket contract. (They own any images taken for the cruise forever, and they can use them however they choose.) However, I really wanted to be on the cruise, so I was willing to overlook it for the time being. (Plus, there are a ton of people, and I'm usually pretty good at noticing and avoiding cameras.)

So, short answer is that I'm still looking for a way to post a pic that satisfies all my self-imposed limitations.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:26 am

And I think Photobucket still lets you register with false name and details. I registered as Memnoch and home address was somewhere in Hell. :death:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:57 am

mooyagi wrote:You quote failed again, Deb. :lol: I may give you a pass on this one since I assume you did that on purpose.

Pot calling the kettle black :roll: :P

Don't start throwing stones at my cabin mate, your right behind Deb for quote fails my dear - your just fast to fix em (usually) ;)

And holy cow you guys are close in posts :shock:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:06 am

gnoff wrote:If you make a google account and upload it, you may choose to only let ppl see it that signs in.
    Then let ppl ask you for the info.

Take it away after a few days.

But I still have to register a new account (for photobucket also), which I'd really like to avoid. (And they usually require an email address to "verify" your account.) Plus, I have a HUGE problem with google, since their Terms of Service state that they own all traffic generated using their services, so I would essentially be giving them the rights to my photos, emails, writing, etc. to use as they please. I'm EXTREMELY protective of my intellectual property ever since a certain telecommunications company made hundreds of millions of dollars from patents I invented, and I didn't get paid anything beyond my normal salary. I just got some nice plaques. FUCKERS! :evil: :evil: :evil:

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:31 am

vikingbitch wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:You quote failed again, Deb. :lol: I may give you a pass on this one since I assume you did that on purpose.

Pot calling the kettle black :roll: :P

Don't start throwing stones at my cabin mate, your right behind Deb for quote fails my dear - your just fast to fix em (usually) ;)

And holy cow you guys are close in posts :shock:

Yeah but I fix them before anyone can chime in. I just hit Submit instead of Preview, especially when I'm posting from my phone.

EvilDan wrote:
    gnoff wrote:If you make a google account and upload it, you may choose to only let ppl see it that signs in.
    Then let ppl ask you for the info.

Take it away after a few days.

But I still have to register a new account (for photobucket also), which I'd really like to avoid. (And they usually require an email address to "verify" your account.) Plus, I have a HUGE problem with google, since their Terms of Service state that they own all traffic generated using their services, so I would essentially be giving them the rights to my photos, emails, writing, etc. to use as they please. I'm EXTREMELY protective of my intellectual property ever since a certain telecommunications company made hundreds of millions of dollars from patents I invented, and I didn't get paid anything beyond my normal salary. I just got some nice plaques. FUCKERS! :evil: :evil: :evil:

I've got the same issues with Google. The fact that they technically own all of your emails if you use a Gmail account is terrifying. One thing I'm wondering about that, though. Do they own all received messages on that account too? I'm curious because there's gotta be some kind of thorny legal issue if somebody with an account from a different provider sends an email to someone with a Gmail account. The sender in no way shape or form has agreed to Google's Terms of Service so how could Google lay claim to that material?

You can always make fake email accounts to sign up for things. :deathhorns:

As for intellectual property, I hear ya on that. I've never invented anything but I know of a few companies from others I've talked to (which I won't name) that assume ownership of anything that an employee invents (or at least reviews it to see if they want a stake in it). Even if that employee invents something on their own time at home completely unrelated to what the company does. How that's even legal, I have no idea. :roll:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:51 am

mooyagi wrote:As for intellectual property, I hear ya on that. I've never invented anything but I know of a few companies from others I've talked to (which I won't name) that assume ownership of anything that an employee invents (or at least reviews it to see if they want a stake in it). Even if that employee invents something on their own time at home completely unrelated to what the company does. How that's even legal, I have no idea. :roll:

Usually, it's the in the forms you sign when you get employed. Most people don't read them. I actually have them amended now before signing. However, if you're not using company equipment, time, or other resources, and it's in a non-competing area, you should be fine, but it's company lawyers versus you. Who's going to blink first?

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:52 am

EvilDan wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:As for intellectual property, I hear ya on that. I've never invented anything but I know of a few companies from others I've talked to (which I won't name) that assume ownership of anything that an employee invents (or at least reviews it to see if they want a stake in it). Even if that employee invents something on their own time at home completely unrelated to what the company does. How that's even legal, I have no idea. :roll:

Usually, it's the in the forms you sign when you get employed. Most people don't read them. I actually have them amended now before signing. However, if you're not using company equipment, time, or other resources, and it's in a non-competing area, you should be fine, but it's company lawyers versus you. Who's going to blink first?

Yeah, I'm aware that people do have to sign those forms when they sign up. Still fucking shady and I don't think that's a practice that should be allowed.
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:05 am

mooyagi wrote:
    EvilDan wrote:

Yeah, I'm aware that people do have to sign those forms when they sign up. Still fucking shady and I don't think that's a practice that should be allowed.

it does seem like a company owns your freaking brain at that point, and that is very unfree and extremely violating.
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:55 pm

you've got a very nice beard :mrgreen:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:02 pm

KDibildox wrote:you had a very nice beard :mrgreen:

Fixed :cry:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:20 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:you had a very nice beard :mrgreen:

Fixed :cry:

:cry: :cry: :cry:
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:26 am

Passionfruit wrote:I thought this thread was about beards... all i have to say is beards are sexy especially if you're a spanish / portuguese guy

We got derailed? Say it ain't so! :lol:

I too have to agree. It looks like Gnoff could have an Epic beard. The color and as soft as you're saying. Which reminds me, last night at Amon Amarth, there were at least 3 beards better than mine. :(

What is really disappointing is talking to a guy that's been growing his beard for 6 years, and it reaches his crotch. Mine is 5 years and just beyond my nipples. :cry:

My goal is to get my beard that long. Why? Well, I can headbang, and I can helicopter, but I can't do both at the same time. If my beard is that long, I can work out a Double Headbang! :lol:

Oh, and I expected to have the pic up before Amon Amarth, but had some issues, so I hope to get it up today. :wank:

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:59 am

EvilDan wrote:My goal is to get my beard that long. Why? Well, I can headbang, and I can helicopter, but I can't do both at the same time. If my beard is that long, I can work out a Double Headbang! :lol:

:shock:
    Egokrusher
    Petty Officer

by Egokrusher » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:09 am

I've kept some type of beard since I was around 14-15. Face hasn't seen a straight razor in years and years. I've always kept mine in check by using basic shampoo/conditioner with moisturizer. That and the occasional trim to remove split-ends. You know, the more I think about, the majority of my friends have beards as well. Probably comes from growing up in these mountains! It has been a burden this summer though. We had a stretch of heat that stayed around 110 F (43 C) for about three weeks. The heat index at least. Was miserable thanks to this blanket growing on my face.
    "Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist." - Epicurus

Cabin: 5571!
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:16 pm

EvilDan wrote: I hope to get it up today. :wank:

Let's hope so! if not it will be difficult for you to :wank:
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:53 am

KDibildox wrote:

Uh oh. She went for the bait. But alas, nothing on my hook. :( ;)

And friend fail on the pic. Still working on it.

WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:43 pm

EvilDan wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:

Uh oh. She went for the bait. But alas, nothing on my hook. :( ;)

And friend fail on the pic. Still working on it.

this pic of your beard is taking almost as long as it did to grow....groan. :roll: :roll: :roll:
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:12 pm

WizardBeast wrote:this pic of your beard is taking almost as long as it did to grow....groan. :roll: :roll: :roll:

No shit. Okay, for a couple of days only....

This is from almost a year ago, and just thought it was kinda funny. The beard is only 1-2 inches longer, though you'd never notice.

EDIT: I'm guessing it will take a couple of minutes to propagate through the system instead of saying "image"?
    Last edited by EvilDan on Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:14 pm

EvilDan wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:this pic of your beard is taking almost as long as it did to grow....groan. :roll: :roll: :roll:

No shit. Okay, for a couple of days only....

This is from almost a year ago, and just thought it was kinda funny. I'm fitter, and the beard is only 1-2 inches longer, though you'd never notice.

EDIT: I'm guessing it will take a couple of minutes to propagate through the system instead of saying "image"?

no, it's not a proper link, it would work right away.
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:19 pm

Fixed. :viking:

Fatum11
    Chief Petty Officer

by Fatum11 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:40 pm

Haha pretty impressive, good work! :headbanger:

I kinda have an urge to tug it though... Do you get that often?

I also like your little ordiment thing as well, that's pretty cool!
    Draconian-Samael-Opeth-Nightwish-Be'lakor-DevinTownsend-Orphandland-Doom:vs-Eluveitie-NovembersDoom-Epica-Apocalyptica-Haggard-Kamelot-Insomnium-LethianDreams-TheForeshadowing-AmonAmarth-CellarDarling-Moonspell-NeObliviscaris-RottingChrist-SepticFlesh-SwallowTheSun-Sabaton-Saturnus-Rammstein-OctoberTide-ISON-Triptykon-FleshgodApocalypse-Wolfheart
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:09 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Nice pic Dan! :headbanger:

Fatum11 wrote:I kinda have an urge to tug it though... Do you get that often?

Almost constantly. :P
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:16 pm

mooyagi wrote:

:roll:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    Fatum11
    Chief Petty Officer

by Fatum11 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:17 pm

mooyagi wrote:

:? You have a beard too?

:lol: :lol: I totally asked for that one :roll:
    Draconian-Samael-Opeth-Nightwish-Be'lakor-DevinTownsend-Orphandland-Doom:vs-Eluveitie-NovembersDoom-Epica-Apocalyptica-Haggard-Kamelot-Insomnium-LethianDreams-TheForeshadowing-AmonAmarth-CellarDarling-Moonspell-NeObliviscaris-RottingChrist-SepticFlesh-SwallowTheSun-Sabaton-Saturnus-Rammstein-OctoberTide-ISON-Triptykon-FleshgodApocalypse-Wolfheart
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:26 pm

vikingbitch wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

:roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:19 am

Such a predictable yet lovable family :headbanger:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    wildchild
    Chief Petty Officer

by wildchild » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:20 am

EvilDan wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:that's ridiculous. cosmetic people want to sell you $30-40 expensive ass chemical treatments. olive oil avocado and egg yolk or mayo (as egg is in mayo) offer the fats and proteins your hair needs to be strong and soft. i have put it on my own hair and even whipped up a batch for a friend and both of us are impressed.

True, but that's why I was talking to a chemist. See what the chemical reason is for it to work.

I did find a decent picture, but I have nowhere to host it, so I was going to make it my avatar, but I can't make the picture small enough to work. (6K is ridiculously small.) The problem I have is that I only seem to be able to use Paint to edit pics, and it only allows resizing, which makes the picture far too small to be worthwhile. It will not allow me to change the resolution or compression. Any ideas on changing the dpi and compression?

Try http://www.shrinkpictures.com/ it worked for me when I wanted to post an avatar here
    Deck 3 # 3506 2011
    Deck 2 # 2599 2012
    Of all the things I´ve lost, I miss my mind the most...

70000 TONS SURVIVOR 2011
    70000 TONS SURVIVOR 2012
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:28 am

my beard at its latest

Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:36 am

Fatum11 wrote:Haha pretty impressive, good work! :headbanger:

Thanks, Ryan and Alicia.

Okay, Ryan took the obvious joke... However, women do get the urge to pull it on occasion. The problem is that they're usually drunk, have sticky hands, don't ask and end up taking some of my beard with them. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Fatum11 wrote:I also like your little ordiment thing as well, that's pretty cool!

The bobble-head? Yeah, it was actually an accidental photo, but was just too funny, since I look just like it. :D
    That's probably a weeks worth of mustache and cheek growth, so that's all I can grow. :cry:

Whereas, it looks like Tim would be able to grow quite an epic beard.

WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:58 am

EvilDan wrote:
    Fatum11 wrote:I also like your little ordiment thing as well, that's pretty cool!

The bobble-head? Yeah, it was actually an accidental photo, but was just too funny, since I look just like it. :D
    That's probably a weeks worth of mustache and cheek growth, so that's all I can grow. :cry:

i love that bobblehead too! it totally looks like you, you should put a beard on him.
    Fatum11
    Chief Petty Officer

by Fatum11 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:53 pm

EvilDan wrote:Okay, Ryan took the obvious joke... However, women do get the urge to pull it on occasion. The problem is that they're usually drunk, have sticky hands, don't ask and end up taking some of my beard with them. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Oh ok, in that case - note to self.... :lol:

Yeah I can see how that would be annoying and would hurt as well!

WizardBeast wrote:
    EvilDan wrote:The bobble-head? Yeah, it was actually an accidental photo, but was just too funny, since I look just like it. :D

i love that bobblehead too! it totally looks like you, you should put a beard on him.

Haha yeah I thought it was a bobblehead but wasn't sure and didn't want to sound like an idiot.
    And agree, it looks ALOT like you, I actually thought it was you :lol:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:37 pm

Pretty awesome beard, Dan!

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:my beard at its latest

Very nice!
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:36 am

EvilDan wrote:Whereas, it looks like Tim would be able to grow quite an epic beard.

perhaps, would take a long time though.
    but unless i quit judo it will never come. at least i don't think practising judo with a beard will be easy....

EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:01 am

Fatum11 wrote:
    EvilDan wrote:Women do get the urge to pull it on occasion. The problem is that they're usually drunk, have sticky hands, don't ask and end up taking some of my beard with them. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Oh ok, in that case - note to self.... :lol:

Yeah I can see how that would be annoying and would hurt as well!

It's okay if ladies ask. And I'm trying to soften the beard. I do sometimes braid it, though that can be counterproductive.

Fatum11 wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:i love that bobblehead too! it totally looks like you, you should put a beard on him.

Haha yeah I thought it was a bobblehead but wasn't sure and didn't want to sound like an idiot.
    And agree, it looks ALOT like you, I actually thought it was you :lol:

It DOES have a beard. :P If you look really closely, you can see the ends are red. BTW, it's a Scott Ian bobblehead. (I could include links, but a simple search will find lots of places that have them.) I get a LOT of Scott Ian comments, so it only made sense to get that and the action figure. It's like I have my own bobblehead and action figure, which btw is what Dimebag called Scott Ian (the Action Figure). :lol: :lol:

KDibildox wrote:Pretty awesome beard, Dan!

Why, thank ya, nice lady! :D

WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:00 pm

EvilDan wrote:It DOES have a beard. :P If you look really closely, you can see the ends are red. BTW, it's a Scott Ian bobblehead. (I could include links, but a simple search will find lots of places that have them.) I get a LOT of Scott Ian comments, so it only made sense to get that and the action figure. It's like I have my own bobblehead and action figure, which btw is what Dimebag called Scott Ian (the Action Figure). :lol: :lol:
    :D

Oh no shit, that's too funnY! :D
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:06 pm

EvilDan wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:Pretty awesome beard, Dan!

Why, thank ya, nice lady! :D

You're welcome :mrgreen:
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:07 am

Not as many epic beards as I expected at Down last night. I was surprised. There were a lot of grown-out beard and goatees, but you could see most people had to keep trimming them because of jobs. Sucks to be them. :lol:

I will be trying Rhia's concoction for soft hair soon. I'll you you know the results.

Oh, and I'll probably take the picture down after the weekend.

WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:21 pm

EvilDan wrote:Not as many epic beards as I expected at Down last night. I was surprised. There were a lot of grown-out beard and goatees, but you could see most people had to keep trimming them because of jobs. Sucks to be them. :lol:

I will be trying Rhia's concoction for soft hair soon. I'll you you know the results.

leave it on for 30 min. for best results. i've never tried it on anything other than my straight, fine head hair LOL so i too am curious if it will work on course beard hair. however it made such a huge difference in my hair i'm hoping you'll notice a difference too.
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:49 am

EvilDan wrote:Not as many epic beards as I expected at Down last night. I was surprised. There were a lot of grown-out beard and goatees, but you could see most people had to keep trimming them because of jobs. Sucks to be them. :lol:

this just made me think of a little story.

at a previous job they were bitching about my beard. had to shave bla bla bla.
    then one they they told me that the director of our american agent was coming over.
    I then totally "forgot" the day so my boss went ballistic and told me how unrepresentable i looked

he comes back in the office with the director.... got a waaaayyyy bigger beard then mine LOL

WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:54 am

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:

this just made me think of a little story.

at a previous job they were bitching about my beard. had to shave bla bla bla.
    then one they they told me that the director of our american agent was coming over.
    I then totally "forgot" the day so my boss went ballistic and told me how unrepresentable i looked

he comes back in the office with the director.... got a waaaayyyy bigger beard then mine LOL

That's awesome! way to represent! glad you don't work there anymore, your old boss needs a life.
    :viking:
Post Reply 244 posts