Post Reply 112 posts
Remembering Laura (MadameLePink)
    WizardBeast
    Captain

Re: Remembering Laura (MadameLePink)

by WizardBeast » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:17 pm

gnoff_the_creep wrote:Yes, I like it

awesome! me too!

wearing my pink scarf that i wore when i hung out at Tuska with everyone....
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    wut3v4
    Petty Officer

by wut3v4 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:03 pm

I'm late commenting on this, but this thread is very touching. I never knew her personally, but certainly knew of her. I remember sitting in the buffet on 70KTOM 2012 and hearing her talk and laugh with friends. She seemed like such a happy and bubbly person. By reading the touching comments on this thread, I can see she had so many great friends. I am glad you will be attending the cruise with such supportive friends. And I think the wearing pink idea is a wonderful way to honor her. Even though I never met her, I too have brought along a pink shirt
    Uncle Soda
    Petty Officer

by Uncle Soda » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:08 am

Daenerys wrote:In remembrance of Laura and support of Fredrik, I made a bunch of pink flower boutonnieres to wear while on broad. I will have them at the beach party too, available to any one who wants one :beerwink: They're made with safety pins, so they'll stay securely fastened while you're :shred:, :deathmetal:, :bangers: or :boobs: :D

I never got to thank you for this on the boat. What a beautiful thing to do. It warmed my heart seeing the flowers everywhere, as well as the pink ribbons some were wearing <3
    Drinks at the Twilight Tavern. Pays with Tokens of Time.

wishlist: Ensiferum, Die Apokalyptischen Reiter, Heidevolk, Chthonic, Entombed, Finntroll, Heavy Metal Perse, Powerwolf, Primordial, Grand Magus, Monster Magnet
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:37 am

gnoff_the_creep wrote:I managed to keep my pink flower (thanks Steph!) all cruise and even home.
    Had the pink ribbon (thanks Riika!) on my lanyard with my card, that I broke Monday evening I think, so lost it together with my mustache lanyard and my key card.

I felt Laura was very much with us on the boat, in our hearts and our memories, from the display of pink to sharing my first ever strawberry margarita with Marlo, to hearing about the Ensiferum song dedication and talking to Andy about the thing UMC did.

I know it was hard for you to go Fredrik, but I am happy that you did and it shows strength and love from your side!
    Also glad Tobias could be there for you and as a selfish thought, also a bit for me.

pink <3

Very well put and said Gnoff. I felt her the entire time. Thought about her so much. I never got a pink flower. But I was pink in my heart. Was great to see Fredrick and I got to talk to him at great lengths several times and will cherish our conversation forever.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:17 am

Uncle Soda wrote:
    Daenerys wrote:In remembrance of Laura and support of Fredrik, I made a bunch of pink flower boutonnieres to wear while on broad. I will have them at the beach party too, available to any one who wants one :beerwink: They're made with safety pins, so they'll stay securely fastened while you're :shred:, :deathmetal:, :bangers: or :boobs: :D

I never got to thank you for this on the boat. What a beautiful thing to do. It warmed my heart seeing the flowers everywhere, as well as the pink ribbons some were wearing <3

It was wonderful to see you *big hug* Ville combined the two the best, with his pink ribbon wrapped around the pink flower and wearing it as an armband. Perfect for his girly metal :mrgreen:

TOM CRUISE wrote:
    gnoff_the_creep wrote:I managed to keep my pink flower (thanks Steph!) all cruise and even home.
    Had the pink ribbon (thanks Riika!) on my lanyard with my card, that I broke Monday evening I think, so lost it together with my mustache lanyard and my key card.

I felt Laura was very much with us on the boat, in our hearts and our memories, from the display of pink to sharing my first ever strawberry margarita with Marlo, to hearing about the Ensiferum song dedication and talking to Andy about the thing UMC did.

I know it was hard for you to go Fredrik, but I am happy that you did and it shows strength and love from your side!
    Also glad Tobias could be there for you and as a selfish thought, also a bit for me.

pink <3

Very well put and said Gnoff. I felt her the entire time. Thought about her so much. I never got a pink flower. But I was pink in my heart. Was great to see Fredrick and I got to talk to him at great lengths several times and will cherish our conversation forever.

Definitely well said. I wanted to give you a flower but I was out of them the only time I think we saw you, at the gathering before leaving port! The pink in your heart and in all of ours is what truly matters because it's eternal :beerwink:
    Voyager-Vuur-GrandMagus-Myrath-Borknagar-NovembersDoom-Aeternam-Havok-TheHaloEffect-Moonspell-SepticFlesh-Sigh-BarrenEarth-Iotunn-ScarSymmetry-Nekrogoblikon
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:29 pm

I miss Laura's presence here so much, yet I like to imagine she is doing well wherever her spirit now resides.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Uncle Soda
    Petty Officer

by Uncle Soda » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:18 am

I have been meaning to write here for a long time now, but it seems everything is scheduled for soon these days. This weekend I am back in Torino at Laura’s parents’ house, and things are unusually peaceful, so I’ll grab this moment.

It’s been a month since 70k and it was such a good idea to go. I guess more or less all of you saw me in a bad state at some point, but I think most of you also got to share a drink or a laugh with me when I was enjoying being onbroad. I came home with a lot of good memories, an incredible amount of nice things were said, and being re-united with friends from all over the world with my brother at the steering wheel was exactly what I needed. It is impossible to escape, but there are moments of light, and you guys sure know how to provide them. As you know I am very proud of my brother, but I was also very proud of you all when I introduced Tobias to our 70k family <3

Coming back to our apartment after the cruise was not bad. I found myself looking forward to being home again. Some friends picked me up at the airport and stayed the night.

Later that week I went to Italy for the ceremony with the ashes. I went there early to prepare. I had been very scared of this journey, and I spoke a lot about it with my therapist. Because of this trip I decided to go back to work the week after. I figured I would be a wreck after Italy, and hoped that I would be more easily distracted going to work, which is the only thing I am already used to doing without Laura.

As it happened, going back to Italy was a great experience. I had made myself very nervous beforehand so arriving in Milano airport, and taking the bus to Torino was dreadful. But as soon as I saw Laura’s father, I felt very welcome and loved. I was not nervous about meeting Laura’s parents but I was surprised that I was THAT glad to see them. Friday morning Laura’s best friend arrived in Torino. She is Italian, and also speaks perfect English, and on top of this she has a lot of experience from “live translation”. So I could speak “fluently” with Laura’s parents without trying to find the right words, or struggling to understand what they say. We get by when it is about “normal stuff” but discussing our feelings and memories takes a lot more. Laura’s parents had a lot of things they wanted to ask me, and we had a good talk for several hours that was very helpful. It helped all of us prepare for the ceremony the day after.

On this day I also decided I wanted to talk in the church. As you know, ours is the pagan way, so I had had to make my mind up about the church. To me, the real ceremony was in Copenhagen. So Laura and I had already done what we had to do ceremony wise. To me, taking the ashes to Italy, and doing a ceremony in a church, is only one thing - a gift and a favour from Laura and me, to Laura’s parents. This is also how I feel now.

But while in church I felt a bit uncomfortable when hearing the priest talk. I had brought some photos of us that I kept looking at, and I also had our brave little Warrior, Arcibaldo, with me, wearing his Viking outfit and the Finnish kilt that Laura made for him. This kept me “in place” while I waited. And then at the end of the ceremony I spoke. I said a few words to Laura in Danish first, to find my voice. And then I spoke in Italian.

It was a very epic moment, for lack of a better description. I could barely speak, because I was crying so much. And speaking directly to Laura made it feel so private. And yet, I was very aware that there were over a hundred people in the church. Many of them had never seen Laura and me together. Some of them had not seen Laura for 10-15 years. It was painful, but in a good way. It felt so good to tell everybody what Laura and I have. I didn’t mind crying so much in front of all these strangers. I just wanted them to know about us. Pouring so much grief out at the same time actually felt good.
    The best thing about the trip though, was that for the first time I had a few short moments where I found myself thinking about our sweet things unprovoked. It is difficult to describe, but I still find it very difficult to enjoy and return to the good memories. Photos, stories, and things like that can bring some joyful memories up, but when I am alone, and I really need them, they are too far away.

But in Italy I had these moments where I just had a quick picture, or a sound, flash by in my head. It is somewhat comforting to get reminded that the “real us” is still in there.

So I went home from Italy and felt that I had actually found and experienced something that can help me.
    Unfortunately this was too optimistic. I am thankful for that beautiful weekend in Italy, but after that things have been very difficult. Going back to London was a trauma. I thought I was going to a place where there would be fewer “reminders”. Instead, I ended up in the only place where I was already used to missing Laura, and subsequently used to looking forward to going back home to Laura. Walking the streets of London I sort of realized what all this actually means. It was the first time I was not surrounded by people who know what is happening, and the “normal world” seemed so cold and unforgiving. I have been in bad shape the whole time I guess, but being in London made me feel so left behind. It’s like I didn’t understand how much I miss Laura until then. Overseeing this risk was a big mistake. I had been so focused on Italy beforehand, so I didn’t speak to anyone about going to London.

In the beginning I had some “unspoken” sense way down inside myself, that said that Laura will come home again one day. I didn’t speak or think about it. I didn’t even notice it was there. But I felt it when it disappeared. And now I am much more aware. I cry less, even though I want to cry, and instead I have long spans of some kind of emptiness that I still haven’t been able to describe in a way where I feel that I can share it.

I have been working for 3 weeks now, and the week in London was the worst. After that I have been in Baarn in Holland and it was less traumatic. Work in itself is actually ok. I am good at it, so it is not that stressful, and I have some good colleagues. Problem is that I “miss” my grief when I rest. If I get distracted for a few hours, those hours have been added up in the background so the backlash always comes sooner or later. On the other hand, working makes the time go a bit faster. This matters a lot right now. I cannot believe it has been less than two months. Most of the time it feels like it has always been like this. It is very difficult to go further back in time. Hopefully those moments I experienced in Italy will start happening more often.

Next week I will go to our beloved Finland and meet all our friends in Helsinki. I have been nervous about this too, but as I write this I feel confident that it will be a good thing. A lot of grief of course, but that happens everywhere. I look forward to seeing our friends again, and I hope that the city of Helsinki will still feel like Our City.

Meanwhile, there have been good moments too.

I have had friends from Stockholm visiting me.

An incredible out-of-the-blue phone call from someone I haven’t talked to in three years helped me see things from a different perspective for a short time. On top of that it convinced me to stop smoking (successfully so far).

My brother Tobias keeps calling me several times a day, delivering love, advice, comfort and some truly hilarious moments.
    A friend in Copenhagen gave me some beautiful big prints with Laura and me that are gracing our walls now. I love to look at them.

The therapist I go to is very good, and easy to trust.

This forum’s official stats man, Dallas, wrote to me and told me that he had caught Petri’s guitar pick from when Ensiferum dedicated Lai Lai Hei to Laura, and he wanted to send it to me. Which he did.

Tobias had recorded the Ensiferum dedication which I though was a beautiful thing to do.

Our own Memnoch, Ville, offered to go to Switzerland with me to see Moonsorrow and Primordial. In the end I decided I could not do it, but this resulted in me going to Finland next week.

And how about this? Today, while having lunch in Laura’s parents’ kitchen, we watched an Amon Amarth DVD, and I taught Laura’s mother how to do the fork sign properly. “No, the thumb stays inside the sign, mama”.

I miss my sweetheart so much. I feel angry and cheated. I have mornings where I don’t remember at first, and the moment when it all comes back is impossible to describe. I feel so friggin’ lost. But sometimes I remember how much help I am getting, and that feels good. I wish I would remember it more often, but at least I am aware of it sometimes.

The last few weeks have been harder than before, but today, here in Torino, I feel closer to Laura. Compared to how things have been the last few weeks, this makes a difference, and I am thankful for that.

wishlist: Ensiferum, Die Apokalyptischen Reiter, Heidevolk, Chthonic, Entombed, Finntroll, Heavy Metal Perse, Powerwolf, Primordial, Grand Magus, Monster Magnet
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:25 am

Fredrik- Thank you for sharing that with us, it was beautiful. I laughed, smiled, cried reading it...... Peace be with you. Have a great time in Finland !!
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:25 pm

Fredrik, thank you for sharing that. Stay strong my friend.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:25 pm

Fredrik, I know I can't truly relate to how you feel, yet, the warm gooey hopeless romantic in me still feels so strongly for you, and I totally feel you've been cheated, and that sucks. But, some day I hope just knowing you had live so strong can be a comfort for you.
    I can't imagine how hard it must be sometimes... I'm glad you have so many people lookin' out for ya, and I wish I could be one of those people.
    *hug*
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:34 pm

Fredrik, thanks for sharing. It's very brave of you to share what you've been going through and I'm happy to see that you've had some peaceful moments. I hope these moments continue and become more frequent. It was so nice hanging out with you and Tobias on the shop. It's clear that each of you has an awesome brother in each other and it's obvious how much you appreciate each other.

It's excellent that you've decided to quit smoking! Keep it up and remember that if you slip you can always try again. It takes time.

Hugs!
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:23 am

Yay for the smoke-free Freddi! :beerwink:

I don't think I can even begin to describe how awesome the weekend was with Freddi and gnoffi in town. I know how hard it was for Fredrik to come to Helsinki without Laura, but I think in the end it was a good thing to do. Hopefully this trip helped Helsinki to become "Fredrik's town" and still remain "Fredrik&Laura's town", if that makes any sense.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:39 am

Absolutely beautiful mate. Thank you so much for sharing with us all.

*BIG HUGS!*

And all the best with quitting smoking! I smoked from when I was probably 15 for about 20 years. Tried many times to quit, but a cigarette has not touched my lips since I met Luelle five years ago.

Its hard to do, but I know you can do it :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:35 am

gnoff_the_creep wrote:70k main site have updated the photo stream, a pic of Fredrik and Laura is there <3

I noticed that too. So incredibly awesome.

Such a beautiful photo too <3
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Uncle Soda
    Petty Officer

by Uncle Soda » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:30 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    gnoff_the_creep wrote:70k main site have updated the photo stream, a pic of Fredrik and Laura is there <3

I finally saw it too. It's so nice to see. The picture is from our first ever metal trip to Finland :shred:

I love this picture <3

WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:26 pm

Uncle Soda wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:

I finally saw it too. It's so nice to see. The picture is from our first ever metal trip to Finland :shred:

I love this picture <3

it's a wonderful picture that represents a small but amazing sample of the highest caliber people we've all been lucky enough to meet on these cruises. så mycket kärlek!
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    metalgoddess
    Midshipman

by metalgoddess » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:37 pm

It is so touching, what a beautiful picture.
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:47 pm

So, today would've been Laura's birthday. I can only imagine what Fredrik is going through today. :cry:
    Wishlist:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:10 am

Memnoch wrote:So, today would've been Laura's birthday. I can only imagine what Fredrik is going through today. :cry:

yeah :cry:
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:38 am

I'll always remember Laura's sunny smile & disposition. :D I don't know what exact year birthday it would have been for her today, but at the very least, I know she was many years younger than I am and her life was cut short far too early & rapidly. She & Fredrik clearly had a lot of living still to do. I'll never understand why these (bad) things happen (to good people) - I gave up trying long ago when all I ever hit was a mental brick wall. What I do know, however, is that people like Laura continually inspire me to appreciate each day and the people who surround me.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:04 pm

Memnoch wrote:So, today would've been Laura's birthday. I can only imagine what Fredrik is going through today. :cry:

:cry: :cry: :cry:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:16 pm

Laura, it would've been her 40th birthday.
    Wishlist:
    metalgoddess
    Midshipman

by metalgoddess » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:17 pm

Hugs...speechless
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:48 pm

:cry: many hugs to Fredrik
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Uncle Soda
    Petty Officer

by Uncle Soda » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:42 pm

Today is our wedding day. It's been six years. We went to Kuranda, Australia and did a pagan hand fasting ceremony.

Two month's later we invited our friend's and families to celebrate and we got married again.

• Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:43 pm

^^^ what a beautiful, beautiful picture - one of the nicest wedding pictures I've ever seen. :cheers: The handfasting ceremony sounds really nice - I'd not heard of it before you wrote of it. And happy anniversary Fredrik - I think it is a wonderful idea to remember Laura here and celebrate your marriage on your special day.
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:43 am

beautiful pictures! the photos on fb were the first thing a saw this morning
    like tyrwoman Laura, didn't know about handfasting ceremonies before...
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:17 pm

I looked up this thread because I remembered it was early January that Laura passed away last year and figured it was very close to the one year anniversary. I'm not bumping this thread to be morbid, but rather to reflect on what a wonderful & unique person Laura was. Even though I only knew her from facebook & this forum before finally meeting her on the 70K cruise nearly two years ago, she is a person I will *always* remember fondly. My thoughts are with Fredrik and others who were closest to her.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:51 am

It was in fact January 8th last year that she passed away. :cry:
    Wishlist:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:35 am

1 Year. I hope Fredrik and any other loved ones can make it through the day and remember that we're all here. Our thoughts are with them.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:59 am

Damn, it's been four years already. :cry:
    Wishlist:
    taraimaro
    Oiler

by taraimaro » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:17 am

^ Time does indeed flie so fast. :cry:
    I didn't really know Laura but I do remember what a great time I had with you guys in Tuska 2012 and the pretty pink hair that Laura and also Riikka had then. :cool:
    2017 - survivor
    2018 - survivor
    2019 - survivor
    2020 - survivor
    2023 - survivor
    2024 - survivor
    2025 - I wanna go already!
Post Reply 112 posts