Post Reply 195 posts
TV series
    Michael D.
    Ensign

Re: TV series

by Michael D. » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:08 pm

Been watching form my Farscape and Dollhouse DVD collection plus old TV series on METV such as Lost in Space, The Rifleman, Batman, Star Trek, It Takes a Thief, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, all of these old Sixties TV shows. :D :cool:
    For Viathyn, DO watch Serenity. :cool:
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:56 am

viathyn wrote:Vikings is on the History channel, and it's the most metal show on TV.

(It's a historical drama by the way, ie inspired by allegedly true events)

I think I need to watch this. :beerbang:

I normally don't follow a TV series after a while, I just simply miss a couple episodes and I'm done. But I vow to never miss an episode of The Newsroom. It's the best show I've seen so far. :ugeek:
    Other than that, I like that brainless TruTV shit like Cops and Hardcore Pawn. :mrgreen:
    I just can't get into the primetime stuff really. Oh well.
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:10 am

I have a weakness for sci fi shows:

X-Files
    Star Trek
    ST: TNG
    ST: Voyager
    Enterprise
    Quantum Leap
    Doctor Who
    John Doe (I want to meet anyone who remembers this show... It was tragically cut short after one season on a cliffhanger by FOX :cry:)
    Firefly
    The Outer Limits
    Millennium

Also Animated/comedy shows (the immature filthy stuff!):

Bob's Burgers
    Simpsons
    King of the Hill
    Beavis & Butt-Head
    Trailer Park Boys
    Metalocalypse
    South Park
    Morel Oral
    Robot Chicken
    Archer
    Drawn Together

But also really enjoy true crime/gore/shock shows:

COPS
    America's Most Wanted (I'm a Canadian who was raised on American crime shows for some reason)
    Unsolved Mysteries (I have a real problem with shows like this being cancelled... there's always a place on TV for this!)
    Disappeared
    1000 Ways To Die

I'll admit to some 'reality' TV such as Auction Wars/Hunters, Survivorman, Pawn Stars, MonsterQuest, Cake Boss, Cupcake Wars, Intervention, Hoarders and Jail. It's not all garbage, but it's also not the pinnacle of intelligent TV either :|.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:21 am

Krys wrote:John Doe (I want to meet anyone who remembers this show... It was tragically cut short after one season on a cliffhanger by FOX :cry:)

That's strange, fox doesn't normally pull shit like that.

Krys wrote:Firefly

9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:23 am

Stained Class wrote:
    Krys wrote:John Doe (I want to meet anyone who remembers this show... It was tragically cut short after one season on a cliffhanger by FOX :cry:)

That's strange, fox doesn't normally pull shit like that.

Krys wrote:Firefly

http://rlv.zcache.com/me_gusta_meme_cut ... vr_512.jpg

You win, I knew someone would catch the fact that I put those two tragic examples together :|.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:24 am

This was another one I actually really enjoyed that only got 1 season on fox.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:27 am

Fox is so aggravating for cutting down new series.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    Castroh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Castroh » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:45 am

Did anyone watch the new episode of Breaking Bad on Sunday? I missed the hell outta that show the last few months.
    2012 - 2019 Survivor
    2020 - Yup!
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:45 am

Krys wrote:I have a weakness for sci fi shows:

X-Files
    Star Trek
    Enterprise
    Quantum Leap
    Doctor Who
    John Doe (I want to meet anyone who remembers this show... It was tragically cut short after one season on a cliffhanger by FOX :cry:)
    Firefly
    The Outer Limits
    Millennium

I find your lack of Battlestar Galactica disturbing.

(John Doe was cool, I think. I only watched some episodes, but it seems to me it became a "conspiracy" show very quickly.)
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:14 pm

My all time favorite has to be 24. I'm am so glad that they're bringing Jack back for six 2 hour episodes!!

Arrested Development cameback and sadly I hear that Netflix refuse to pick it up again. :?

Fortunately we still have the immensely popular "It's Always Sunny in Philedelphia.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:49 pm

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:My all time favorite has to be 24. I'm am so glad that they're bringing Jack back for six 2 hour episodes!!

Didn't know about that. I love 24 but would have to be pretty skeptical about this news. I fully expect them to just phone it in for the $$$ but hopefully I'm wrong.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:00 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    DJ Old Man Stares wrote:My all time favorite has to be 24. I'm am so glad that they're bringing Jack back for six 2 hour episodes!!

Didn't know about that. I love 24 but would have to be pretty skeptical about this news. I fully expect them to just phone it in for the $$$ but hopefully I'm wrong.

Fortunately you couldn't be more wrong. The show as we all know ended unconclusive, and so a couple of guys went on two write a couple of screenplays for the upcoming theatrical movies which will never happen because those drafts were never waved through, so after two years of working on the story (hopefully the conclulsion to Jack's fate) they decided to continue the realtime format but after everything they've put Jack hrough they realized the impossibilty of giving him one full day. In fact, did they not phone in about half of seeason 8. To me only the last 8 of season 8 captured the earlier intensity of the show. From what I've been reading Keifer and crew (Cloe for sure) are excited to be coming back with many new characters, and most of the writing staff hopped on this one more reinvigorated than ever. Basically they're more than willing to go back to putting Jack through near unimaganitive hell. :D
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:32 pm

I haven't watched much TV in the last 10-15 years or so to be honest (compared to most people I think, although we probably watch 3-4 movies a month on average), so I haven't seen most of the series you're all talking about.* Having said that, however - when Lost orginally aired - I was *really* into it, and it remains my favorite drama series ever. We've only seen the first two seasons of Breaking Bad (starting last summer on Netflix - and ha - it took us a year to do that) - and I think it is one of the most brilliant shows I've ever seen in terms of acting & storytelling. Because of its intensity & richness, however...I think we'll continue to watch it over a long period of time...savoring one episode or two at a time. Besides those - we did do a marathon of Game of Thrones' first season around New Year's and the second season sometime in the spring since it was at the local video store. It is great of course, albeit completely over the top.

* how do y'all have so much time to watch TV? :P
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:53 pm

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

Fortunately you couldn't be more wrong. The show as we all know ended unconclusive, and so a couple of guys went on two write a couple of screenplays for the upcoming theatrical movies which will never happen because those drafts were never waved through, so after two years of working on the story (hopefully the conclulsion to Jack's fate) they decided to continue the realtime format but after everything they've put Jack hrough they realized the impossibilty of giving him one full day. In fact, did they not phone in about half of seeason 8. To me only the last 8 of season 8 captured the earlier intensity of the show. From what I've been reading Keifer and crew (Cloe for sure) are excited to be coming back with many new characters, and most of the writing staff hopped on this one more reinvigorated than ever. Basically they're more than willing to go back to putting Jack through near unimaganitive hell. :D

Good to hear. Though the last bit sounds straight out of a press release to hype up the show. Sometimes I'm so cynical. :lol:
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:59 pm

I just started watching a series called Hannibal. I gotta say it's very... Uhm... Disturbing? Basically is a guy who is a pure empath and the FBI employs him to catch serial killers (he can "get inside their minds" and sense their motivations, which helps with the profiling). So it's kind of stressful to watch him struggle with the serial killers' feelings. And the crime scenes are (of course) very gory but also kind of artistic, which is disturbing too.

Oh, and his psychiatrist is Dr. Hannibal Lecter.

Pretty entertaining, though the writing isn't as good as in most of the series mentioned in this thread...

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:58 am

X-Thor wrote:
    Krys wrote:I have a weakness for sci fi shows:

X-Files
    Star Trek
    Enterprise
    Quantum Leap
    Doctor Who
    Firefly
    The Outer Limits
    Millennium

(John Doe was cool, I think. I only watched some episodes, but it seems to me it became a "conspiracy" show very quickly.)

I guess I have a thing for conspiracy type crime shows (X-Files is my favorite show ever and this was very reminiscent of it). I was so hooked when they cancelled it :oops:.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:38 am

Didn't know about that. I love 24 but would have to be pretty skeptical about this news. I fully expect them to just phone it in for the $$$ but hopefully I'm wrong.[/quote]

Fortunately you couldn't be more wrong. The show as we all know ended unconclusive, and so a couple of guys went on two write a couple of screenplays for the upcoming theatrical movies which will never happen because those drafts were never waved through, so after two years of working on the story (hopefully the conclulsion to Jack's fate) they decided to continue the realtime format but after everything they've put Jack hrough they realized the impossibilty of giving him one full day. In fact, did they not phone in about half of seeason 8. To me only the last 8 of season 8 captured the earlier intensity of the show. From what I've been reading Keifer and crew (Cloe for sure) are excited to be coming back with many new characters, and most of the writing staff hopped on this one more reinvigorated than ever. Basically they're more than willing to go back to putting Jack through near unimaganitive hell. :D[/quote]

Good to hear. Though the last bit sounds straight out of a press release to hype up the show. Sometimes I'm so cynical. :lol:[/quote]

I'm trying to keep positive...even stood positive through some of the crappy moments of the show (cough cough...the end of season 3) and do my complaining in the end after I enjoyed all moments of the show for what they were, epecially the middle half of Season 8. However, I thought the last 8 episodes of Season 8 were so good, I would have easily watched another season of some half assed episodes cause this show is one hell of a drug.
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:06 am

Top Gear.

End thread/

:D
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicide Angels
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:22 am

Jaimie38 wrote:Top Gear.

End thread/

:D

If you mean the UK series, yes, agreed. The US and AU versions are shite.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • lampropelma
    Chief Petty Officer

by lampropelma » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:24 am

Only interested by Dexter and the Shield
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:30 am

X-Thor wrote:

That.

I've been rewatching Buffy The Vampire Slayer again recently.
    I really don't know why.
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    APaleHorseNamedDeath-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Ataraxie-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-DoomVS-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-Ea-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-FatesWarning-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Hypocrisy-/-Krypts-/-Kull-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-Loss-/-Luna-/-TheManEatingTree-/-Monolithe-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Profetus-/-Prong-/-RedMoonArchitect-/-Remembrance-/-RevelationsOfRain-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saille-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-SolitudeAeturnus-/-Strigoi-/-TombofFinland-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-WhoDiesInSiberianSlush-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Bloodbath-/-DarkTranquillity-/-DeathAngel-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-InVain-/-Kalmah-/-Kataklysm-/-Kreator-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonspell-/-MyDyingBride-/-Månegarm-/-OctoberTide-/-ParadiseLost-/-RottingChrist-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-SymphonyX-/-Thyrfing
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:16 am

nekrobarr wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:

That.

I've been rewatching Buffy The Vampire Slayer again recently.
    I really don't know why.

Because:

--
    Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:52 am

I've had Buffy season 1 on my computer for a while now... been meaning to rewatch it too :oops:.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:08 pm

Here's another great reason:

--
    Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:16 am

I watched this one. It was really good

Sci-fi
    X-files
    Star Trek TOS
    Star Trek TNG
    Star Trek DS9
    Star Trek Voyager
    Star Trek Enterprise
    Battlestar Galactica (old and new series)
    Andromeda
    Stargate SG1
    Stargate Universe
    Falling Skies (acting is so bad but I love it anyways)
    Firefly

Fantasy
    Game of Thrones
    Once Upon a Time
    Grimm

Everything else
    Dexter
    Breaking Bad
    Hell on Wheels
    Homeland
    The Following (Fox added as a mid season replacement starring Kevin Bacon and damn it's good)
    Arrested Development
    The Office
    Scrubs
    Clone High
    30 Rock
    Parks and Recreation
    UK Top Gear (There is no other one)

New Fall Season Shows (gonna check out)
    AXE COP!!!!!!!
    Sleepy Hollow
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:01 pm

Half way through watching ORPHAN BLACK.

Damn its a cool show.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:07 am

Feanorgandalf wrote:

I watched this one. It was really good

Sci-fi
    X-files
    Star Trek TOS
    Star Trek TNG
    Star Trek DS9
    Star Trek Voyager
    Star Trek Enterprise
    Battlestar Galactica (old and new series)
    Andromeda
    Stargate SG1
    Stargate Universe
    Falling Skies (acting is so bad but I love it anyways)
    Firefly

Fantasy
    Game of Thrones
    Once Upon a Time
    Grimm

Everything else
    Dexter
    Breaking Bad
    Hell on Wheels
    Homeland
    The Following (Fox added as a mid season replacement starring Kevin Bacon and damn it's good)
    Arrested Development
    The Office
    Scrubs
    Clone High
    30 Rock
    Parks and Recreation
    UK Top Gear (There is no other one)

New Fall Season Shows (gonna check out)
    AXE COP!!!!!!!
    Sleepy Hollow

Good list too :D!!
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:03 pm

Axe cop is a TV show now? Does it get narrated by a 6 year old like the webcomics?
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:52 pm

I'm almost finished watching through the BBC/HBO show ROME.

Sheeeeit, this is good. Huge sets, famous actors, dramatization of historical events.

Tons of cock.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:59 pm

viathyn wrote:I'm almost finished watching through the BBC/HBO show ROME.

Sheeeeit, this is good. Huge sets, famous actors, dramatization of historical events.

Tons of cock.

I think I'll watch Spartacus in stead, it's got lots of titties!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:37 pm

Stained Class wrote:

Tons of cock.

And some cock too. :ugeek:

--
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:56 pm

X-Thor wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:

Tons of cock.

And some cock too. :ugeek:

It balances out.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:35 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: @ Jake
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:39 pm

Stained Class wrote:It balances out.

Seriously, though, I think some episodes in Spartacus have more tits than the entire first season of Game of Thrones... Or all three seasons, for that matter.

--
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:06 pm

Finished watching Dexter Season 2 for the first time. Good show, not the best but it does what its supposed to do very well. Season 2 wasn't that great, but from what I understand the series gets better after season 2. Season 1 is fantastic though.
    Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:09 am

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:Finished watching Dexter Season 2 for the first time. Good show, not the best but it does what its supposed to do very well. Season 2 wasn't that great, but from what I understand the series gets better after season 2. Season 1 is fantastic though.

The final season airing right now is definitely the worst. Season 4 was one of the best seasons of any show on TV. John Lithgow was fantastic
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:15 am

Guys, you took my statement too literally. There's nudity of all kinds, and it's rather fairly proportioned between both men and women. haha.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:21 am

viathyn wrote:Guys, you took my statement too literally. There's nudity of all kinds, and it's rather fairly proportioned between both men and women. haha.

Oh. Well, good then.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:39 am

Feanorgandalf wrote:
    DJ Old Man Stares wrote:Finished watching Dexter Season 2 for the first time. Good show, not the best but it does what its supposed to do very well. Season 2 wasn't that great, but from what I understand the series gets better after season 2. Season 1 is fantastic though.

The final season airing right now is definitely the worst. Season 4 was one of the best seasons of any show on TV. John Lithgow was fantastic

Yeah, I'm borrowing the first 4 seasons from my old lady and I saw he was on the back of the box for Season 4. Everyone is saying that that is where the show returns to the glory it had when it first began.

Season 8 sucks? So are you recommending me not to watch it, or it it one of those things where the show hooks me so well, I should watch it anyway?
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:07 am

Still funny years later:

Can't stop laughing each episode. Quality TV. Glad Netflix has it on streaming.