Post Reply 195 posts
TV series
    TheSalamanizer
    Crewman

Re: TV series

by TheSalamanizer » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:37 pm

House of Cards season 2 is on Netflix tomorrow... in the US at least, not sure about other countries
    2015 - cabin 9375
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:31 pm

TheSalamanizer wrote:House of Cards season 2 is on Netflix tomorrow... in the US at least, not sure about other countries

It's on the Canadian one now too. Just about to finish re-watching the first season before killing the entire weekend watching the new season.
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:46 pm

Watching 'La Rosa de Guadalupe'. That's high quality drama there :lol: :lol: :lol:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:50 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:Watching 'La Rosa de Guadalupe'. That's high quality drama there :lol: :lol: :lol:

And I thought US tv was bad :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:51 am

KDibildeaux wrote:Watching 'La Rosa de Guadalupe'. That's high quality drama there :lol: :lol: :lol:

70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:29 pm

X-Thor wrote:

Puros milagros y excelentes actores :lol: :lol: :lol:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Emma
    Petty Officer

by Emma » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:53 pm

Just found out there will be a Heroes - Reborn in 2015.

I want to do the happy dance but at the same time I feel worried about the big possibility that it will probably suck... What do you think? Wanna bring Heroes back?
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:49 am

Emma wrote:Just found out there will be a Heroes - Reborn in 2015.

I want to do the happy dance but at the same time I feel worried about the big possibility that it will probably suck... What do you think? Wanna bring Heroes back?

Only if it's as good as season 1.

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:58 am

watched cause Krysten Ritter is fine and had heard it was really funny... it was pretty funny
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Pommesgabel
    Oiler

by Pommesgabel » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:08 am

I would love a heroes comeback. But i also fear the outcome after to high expectations...

Some mentioned Helix, my two cents: The screenplay is pretty good in my opinion, the actors are ok but the brain dead monkey who wrote
    the storyline should think about what he did there...

Without spoilering, in every episode the characters are making such super dumb decisions over and over again. In films from 50 years ago
    the characters behaved much more clever than these idiots. I couldn't bear this anymore after 4 episodes. Realy realy awful!

I just watched the first season of Sleepy Hallow. As a big Supernatural fan i realy liked this one. The first season is a bit in a hurry regarding story telling.
    At some points there are some mistakes in the plot but those are no deal breaker. Overall i am realy looking forward to the second season.
    The imdb rating of 7.9 fits.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:27 am

Agree with the Heroes...apprehension. First season was fantastic, but boy it went downhill fast.

Helix - that totally out of place music annoys the crap out of me, but its still interesting.

Walking Dead - been enjoying it much more the last few episodes....I think mainly because Rick and Carl haven't been in much hahaha!!

Almost Human - bloody good, great interplay between the main characters, god I hope it gets picked up for a second season.

Marvel Agents of SHIELD - pretty much as above, except the storylines are pretty sucky.

From Dusk Til Dawn - anyone watched the first episode yet? Might watch it tonite :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:15 am

X-Thor wrote:
    Emma wrote:Just found out there will be a Heroes - Reborn in 2015.

Only if it's as good as season 1.

agreed. Season 1 was excellent and then it just went downhill....
    I really enjoy the concept of the show but feel like they had too much going on

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:53 am

If you want a superhero series, I'd recommend Misfits, a British series. One of the best TV series in a while.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1548850/
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:03 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Walking Dead - been enjoying it much more the last few episodes....I think mainly because Rick and Carl haven't been in much hahaha!!

Tonight is a Carol episode. never a good sign....
  • Max_Rockwell
    Chief Petty Officer

by Max_Rockwell » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:45 pm

I try to stick to only a few, there are a lot of great shows out there.

Currently watching

The Walking Dead
    Sons of Anarchy
    Game of Thrones

And some breaking bad re-runs lol
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Feanorgandalf wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:Walking Dead - been enjoying it much more the last few episodes....I think mainly because Rick and Carl haven't been in much hahaha!!

That was one fucked up Carol episode, to say the least.

LOVED yesterday's Community! Better than the original D&D episode for my money.
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
  • Max_Rockwell
    Chief Petty Officer

by Max_Rockwell » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:56 pm

klons wrote:
    Feanorgandalf wrote:

That was one fucked up Carol episode, to say the least.

LOVED yesterday's Community! Better than the original D&D episode for my money.

I have to admit I had mixed emotions about that episode.
    Never before have I felt like it was a tad wrong to do what they did in that episode.
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:02 pm

I will watch that Walking Dead episode tomorrow. I didn't get a chance to see it yet.

Also need to watch the last episode of vikings

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:24 pm

Started watching Angel. Feels like an old series. I had forgotten how cool the theme song is.

--
    Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:12 am

Over the last few weeks I have spent my Sunday nights watching Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey. Such a throwback to my childhood watching the original Carl Sagan version. Excellent show hosted by Niel DeGrasse Tyson
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:19 pm

I still enjoy "Nashville" quite a lot - just finished the second season
    seems to me that nobody really cares about this show, though

and now I'm waiting for season three of "Episodes"...
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:36 pm

Just finished Hannibal season 2.

That last episode....

wat.

Wha---how? How does the?
    How does the show go on?

Red wedding - eat your heart out!
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:34 pm

viathyn wrote:Just finished Hannibal season 2.

That last episode....

wat.

Wha---how? How does the?
    How does the show go on?

Red wedding - eat your heart out!

I know!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

From, what I understand HUGE SPOILERS AHEAD, GUYS!

the next season will be kind of like the Hannibal movie (police trying to catch a runaway Dr. Lecter). And not everyone will survive the finale.

--
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:44 pm

I'm gonna make my response really small so people don't get spoiled.

Seriously, though, SPOILERS below!!

Since the character Will Graham gets gutted by Dr. Lecter in both the book and movie versions of Red Dragon, and then goes on to do more stuff later, I assume that he will live. I anticipate that we will see a dark turn for Alana if she happens to live. Jack's dead, in my opinion. I imagine next season will culminate with Hannibal getting caught, or maybe even to go so far as to show the Tooth Fairy killer storyline. I have a feeling that they will dispense with the Clarice Starling / Buffalo Bill storyline so as to not step on the toes of the brilliant movie adaptation. On the other hand, we could go wayyyyyyyy into the future of the story and have hannibal living in Florence like in the beginning of the book and movie 'Hannibal', to then be lured back to the states and to deal with Mason Verger etc. I don't want it to turn out like that, though.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:02 pm

Lot of interesting new TV Series' at the moment.

First episode of THE STRAIN - freaking tripping.

THE LAST SHIP - eeeeeh, kind of okay so far.

THE LEFTOVERS - Wow! Watch this show! Great cast, very intriguing story. Keen to check the book out now.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:37 pm

viathyn wrote:I'm gonna make my response really small so people don't get spoiled.

Seriously, though, SPOILERS below!!

Since the character Will Graham gets gutted by Dr. Lecter in both the book and movie versions of Red Dragon, and then goes on to do more stuff later, I assume that he will live. I anticipate that we will see a dark turn for Alana if she happens to live. Jack's dead, in my opinion. I imagine next season will culminate with Hannibal getting caught, or maybe even to go so far as to show the Tooth Fairy killer storyline. I have a feeling that they will dispense with the Clarice Starling / Buffalo Bill storyline so as to not step on the toes of the brilliant movie adaptation. On the other hand, we could go wayyyyyyyy into the future of the story and have hannibal living in Florence like in the beginning of the book and movie 'Hannibal', to then be lured back to the states and to deal with Mason Verger etc. I don't want it to turn out like that, though.

Yeap, I totally agree.

--
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:44 pm

finally saw the finale of HIMYM
    it wasn't as bad as expected (after all the comments)...but they definitely could have done better...
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:54 pm

Another new tv series that is not too shabby:

DOMINION

Based on the movie LEGION.

Great costumes, good cast - worth checking out, especially if you've seen the movie.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:22 pm

hmmm - so there's gonna be another season of Breaking Bad...
    wishlist '20:
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:51 pm

last_candle wrote:hmmm - so there's gonna be another season of Breaking Bad...

Really ? I can't find any info about that, plus after the grand finale, I don't see how it would be possible....
    2015: Cabin 9527
    2016: Cabin 9219
    2017: Cabin 9675
    2018: Cabin 8215
    2019: Cabin 7449
    feanorfelagund
    Crewman

by feanorfelagund » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:34 am

Utopia
    "Mirror mirror on the wall
    True hope lies beyond the coast
    You're a damned kind, can't you see
    That tomorrow bears insanity?"
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:25 pm

MikeB wrote:

Really ? I can't find any info about that, plus after the grand finale, I don't see how it would be possible....

me neither :shock:
    seriously, I read more than one piece of news and even an interwiev or two - I would be shocked if I dreamt all that!
    wishlist '20:
    feanorfelagund
    Crewman

by feanorfelagund » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:02 am

last_candle wrote:
    MikeB wrote:

seriously, I read more than one piece of news and even an interwiev or two - I would be shocked if I dreamt all that!

There's going to be a spin-off about the lawyer, Saul. That's probably it.

"Mirror mirror on the wall
    True hope lies beyond the coast
    You're a damned kind, can't you see
    That tomorrow bears insanity?"
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:11 pm

Really ? I can't find any info about that, plus after the grand finale, I don't see how it would be possible....[/quote]
    seriously, I read more than one piece of news and even an interwiev or two - I would be shocked if I dreamt all that![/quote]

There's going to be a spin-off about the lawyer, Saul. That's probably it.

Image[/quote]
    no, it isn't - I knew about the spin-off for quite a while
    but thanks anyway :cheers:
    looking forward to "better call saul"
    wishlist '20:
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:14 am

That won't be Breaking Bad Season 6, but it look like it's real

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3032476/
    2015: Cabin 9527
    2016: Cabin 9219
    2017: Cabin 9675
    2018: Cabin 8215
    2019: Cabin 7449
Post Reply 195 posts