Post Reply 8854 posts
Random bitching thread
    viathyn
    Commander

Re: Random bitching thread

by viathyn » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:09 pm

Came here to post this ^^^

I'm fucking LIVID. This is a hit to both international bands, music fans, and small business owners across the country.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:38 pm

What the hell? Thats an insaneeee amount of money per person.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:53 pm

Monmisreal wrote:What the hell? Thats an insaneeee amount of money per person.

Yup. For a show like the Wintersun tour it would cost over $10 000 MORE per show. Paganfest? Not gonna fucking happen.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:53 pm

:evil: :evil: What the fuck is wrong with the (canadian) government? :evil: :evil:

This is awful! Hopefully public pressure will be enough to reppeal that shit.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:05 pm

X-Thor wrote::evil: :evil: What the fuck is wrong with the (canadian) government? :evil: :evil:

This is awful! Hopefully public pressure will be enough to reppeal that shit.

I hope so, apparently they ignore online petitions (even though it's had over 11000 signatures in like 6 hours) so we gotta go out and get actual signatures.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:02 pm

Before I go all "liberal -protest-kill the gov;t" I would like a link from the gov't. I have read this a few times, and kinda seems like more of an interpretation of the policy, rather than the real info.

Facebook has blown up with it, or course.

Cynical. Oh ya.

For people that seem to always disbelieve mainstream media , seem to jump on the most silly news.

:pound:

I'm old. I'm allowed to be cantankerous and suspect.
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:02 pm

Canada music bullshit is bullshit.
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:47 pm

Anyway, what was the point of that law in the first place? I can't really judge it until I know why it even exists.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:20 pm

sageoftruth wrote:Anyway, what was the point of that law in the first place? I can't really judge it until I know why it even exists.

To help Canadian artists. They don't realize it's doing the opposite because they have no idea how the music industry works.

Jaimie, I'll try n find something tomorrow. The big problem with this bill is that noone knew about it when it was passed, they only found out when the government told them to pay up.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:42 am

Stained Class wrote:
    sageoftruth wrote:Anyway, what was the point of that law in the first place? I can't really judge it until I know why it even exists.

To help Canadian artists. They don't realize it's doing the opposite because they have no idea how the music industry works.

Jaimie, I'll try n find something tomorrow. The big problem with this bill is that noone knew about it when it was passed, they only found out when the government told them to pay up.

Yikes. That law could definitely use some polishing.
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:56 am

sageoftruth wrote:
    Laura wrote:I can't believe I'm going to expend one iota of time & energy on this subject....but it struck my last nerve -
    What the hell was that Mylie Cyrus debacle the other night?? I honestly think that is about the worst thing I've seen - so totally awful on so many levels I don't even know where to begin. What a piece of shit, zero talent, waste of space trashbag she is. :roll:

Is that you, Laura? I think this is the first time I've ever heard (read?) even a morsel of vitrol from any of your posts. Anyway, it seems like everyone's attacking her for that performance right now. So far, I only know that it happened thanks to the internet. What was she performing at? Was it some special event?

:oops: I know I've made a few other "vitriolic" type post since joining here in May 2010, but mostly few & far between. It's generally not my style/personality - but slips out on occasion. ;)

Anyway - the Mylie Cyrus performance just crossed a weird & uncomfortable line with me and I don't know if I can even explain why in a way that would make clear sense to other people. (Much less even myself perhaps)....but I'll try: I just found it really ugly - I think her goal of course was to be sexy & provocative - but in my view, although it may have "won" at being provocative - it lost on every other count - the music sucked (and this is coming from someone who has always liked & appreciated a fair amount of "pop" music), she can't sing, the choreography was awkward & stupid overall, and lastly, the parts that I presume she intended to be "sexy" just came off as as crass, ugly, and super-NOT sexy to me. There are plenty of sexy, provocative videos & performances by both men & women across music genres - and I like many of them - Rhianna's "Rude Boy," Rammstein's "Mann Gegen Mann" and several others by them, Satyricon's "Fuel for Hatred" (uncensored, girl with snake) and Daniel Gildenlow's (Pain of Salvation) "Where it Hurts" (uncensored) - are some of my top faves - so it's not like I'm a prude, don't like unusual & provocative stuff, and such.

On top of it all (and perhaps what bothers me the most) - Mylie Cyrus is someone I used to watch as "Hannah Montana" with my daughters when they were younger. I'm sure Mylie is more than well aware that even though she is 20 now, she still has a lot of imressionable young tween girl fans who look "up to her" because HM is still playing heavily on reruns. Yeah - I understand she probably wants to make a break from her HM image - but to go to that? For the record, my girls hated it as well and they said no one they know liked it either.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:39 am

Yeah, that was quite the train wreck. I can only guess that it was her and/or her publicist team's attempt to break away from her clean, wholesome HM image to prepare for what's planned for her in the next stage of her career. I read she's worth over $100 Million so I can't imagine she's allowed to make many choices about public image presentation on her own but who knows? Basically, epic fail for whoever planned it unless the goal was nothing more than to get ppl talking about her cuz they sure are doing that :beerwink:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:08 pm

There are 999,999,999,999,999,999,999 other more important things to worry about in life other than Whogivesashit Cyrus.

Just sayin'.
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:59 pm

Laura wrote:
    sageoftruth wrote:
    Laura wrote:I can't believe I'm going to expend one iota of time & energy on this subject....but it struck my last nerve -
    What the hell was that Mylie Cyrus debacle the other night?? I honestly think that is about the worst thing I've seen - so totally awful on so many levels I don't even know where to begin. What a piece of shit, zero talent, waste of space trashbag she is. :roll:

Is that you, Laura? I think this is the first time I've ever heard (read?) even a morsel of vitrol from any of your posts. Anyway, it seems like everyone's attacking her for that performance right now. So far, I only know that it happened thanks to the internet. What was she performing at? Was it some special event?

:oops: I know I've made a few other "vitriolic" type post since joining here in May 2010, but mostly few & far between. It's generally not my style/personality - but slips out on occasion. ;)

Anyway - the Mylie Cyrus performance just crossed a weird & uncomfortable line with me and I don't know if I can even explain why in a way that would make clear sense to other people. (Much less even myself perhaps)....but I'll try: I just found it really ugly - I think her goal of course was to be sexy & provocative - but in my view, although it may have "won" at being provocative - it lost on every other count - the music sucked (and this is coming from someone who has always liked & appreciated a fair amount of "pop" music), she can't sing, the choreography was awkward & stupid overall, and lastly, the parts that I presume she intended to be "sexy" just came off as as crass, ugly, and super-NOT sexy to me. There are plenty of sexy, provocative videos & performances by both men & women across music genres - and I like many of them - Rhianna's "Rude Boy," Rammstein's "Mann Gegen Mann" and several others by them, Satyricon's "Fuel for Hatred" (uncensored, girl with snake) and Daniel Gildenlow's (Pain of Salvation) "Where it Hurts" (uncensored) - are some of my top faves - so it's not like I'm a prude, don't like unusual & provocative stuff, and such.

On top of it all (and perhaps what bothers me the most) - Mylie Cyrus is someone I used to watch as "Hannah Montana" with my daughters when they were younger. I'm sure Mylie is more than well aware that even though she is 20 now, she still has a lot of imressionable young tween girl fans who look "up to her" because HM is still playing heavily on reruns. Yeah - I understand she probably wants to make a break from her HM image - but to go to that? For the record, my girls hated it as well and they said no one they know liked it either.

I think I understand what you're getting at. When someone deliberately tries to make something sexy, there's always the risk of going too far and crossing into the realm of the unnatural, pretty much the equivalent of someone who puts on way too much makeup and eyeliner. Sexiness often doesn't look too sexy if it doesn't look that natural.

On the other hand, while I've never really cared one bit about Miley in the past, it is a pitiful thing to see when someone who sells on cuteness suddenly grows up, loses his or her cuteness and gets tossed out by the industry. It sounds like she's clumsily and frantically searching for a new niche in the industry before they toss her out and look for someone new.
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:39 pm

^^^ good that what I said made some sense & thanks for responding. And yet, I have to agree with Erik (Malaka) that there are indeed a million other things to "worry" about. Not that I'm "worried" (and granted I've spent too much energy on this already) - I guess I felt the desire to get that rant off my chest because it was simmering there since I saw the clip. When I see something that really strikes a nerve with me (in a bad or even a really good way) - I usually like to try to figure out why exactly....to understand my own likes & dislikes - what they are, where they come from (my own personal history, opinions about things, and so on). And often times with "entertainment" especially (we see it here with different metal music tastes and so on) - opinions vary a great deal.

On a slightly related note perhaps, I saw the 1969 Academy Award winning (best picture & others) film Midnight Cowboy the other night - I'd been wanting to see it for years - was curious about it and I love Jon Voight & Dustin Hoffman. Well, it was a great film and really hard to believe it was rated X when it came out! Times have changed! (uh-oh - now I'm really sounding old lady-ish... *rocks in rocking chair - when I was a girl....*
    :lol:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:40 pm

^^^^ oh gah - ignore everything I said about M.C. - I'm wiping that young woman clean from my thought processes - HA!!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:40 am

I thought this was a pretty accurate and well constructed post from a redditor... (source http://www.reddit.com/r/cringepics/comm ... ed/cbynosb)

I just hope most of you are intelligent enough to understand that this wasn't simply a case of Miley Cyrus "acting out". It's a carefully constructed image being fabricated in a board room by a team of music handlers. She didn't write the song... there's references to Ecstacy, cocaine and sex. Her handlers picked that song (which was rejected by Rihanna's handlers). Miley's handlers picked the outfits and scenarios for the music video (complete with tongue-wagging, twerking and stuffed bears). Her handlers planned the overly sexualized VMA performance to match the video, choreographed her dancing/tongue, picked out her outfits, etc... explicitly with the intention of creating controversy and making her relevant. Sex and controversy sells. Miley Cyrus isn't talented enough to be taken seriously as an adult actress. She's not a talented enough singer to be recording Adelle-esque Jazz albums. She is, however, moderately attractive and fit. Her best course of action is to essentially "sex it up". It worked for countless stars before her. Madonna, Britney, Mariah, Christina, Lady Gaga. It's now an entire genre (which I lovingly call "Drunk Whore pop"). Ke$ha is a prime example of a fabricated image/character that was crafted in board rooms. Her outfits/makeup/Captain Jack-inspired drunken movements are all carefully selected to appeal to the Paris Hilton generation of trampy party-girls... right down to her constant name-dropping of getting shwasted on Jack Daniels.

The fact that you are still talking about Miley days later proves that it absolutely was a great success. Her handlers must be ecstatic. She's all anyone can talk about. Drunk Whore pop relevance. The humor in it is that it doesn't seem genuine, natural or real. She's a puppet going through the motions and it's not really believable.

EDIT: Just an FYI... "Drunk Whore Pop" already reached it's apex a few years ago with Millionaires - "Party like Millionaire" ... It really can't go anywhere from there beyond just straight up music videos where the pop starlet sucks some cock and smokes some crack. We've gone as edgy as we can get.

EDIT 2: Btw, in case you weren't aware... I just want to point out that her music video has been online for two months. It has 175 million views. It's not like she made that thing by pointing a camera phone at herself. That's a team of people carefully crafting that image. The VMA performance was just an extension of it and a great venue for a publicity stunt performance
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:54 am

Totally accurate, I would say. Billy Ray Cyrus full admits that the entourage took over 'raising' Miley long ago. This is the result.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:43 pm

Just got back home from our trip. I hate when vacations end. :cry:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:34 pm

I was going to go to Copenhagen for the Kill Town Deathfest on Friday, but my flight was cancelled. SAS offered me another flight that would've taken me to Copenhagen around 11pm on Friday night with a five-hour layover in Stockholm. Fuck that, I wasn't going to spend the entire day at the airport and arrive in Copenhagen after all the bands had played, no.
    I guess the Finnish saying "vituttaa niin, ettei veri kierrä" (to be so pissed off that even the blood circulation stops) describes my feelings on Friday.

I hope Grumpy, Fredrik and Sami had fun.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    markku1
    Chief Petty Officer

by markku1 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:07 am

Memnoch wrote:I was going to go to Copenhagen for the Kill Town Deathfest on Friday, but my flight was cancelled. SAS offered me another flight that would've taken me to Copenhagen around 11pm on Friday night with a five-hour layover in Stockholm. Fuck that, I wasn't going to spend the entire day at the airport and arrive in Copenhagen after all the bands had played, no.
    I guess the Finnish saying "vituttaa niin, ettei veri kierrä" (to be so pissed off that even the blood circulation stops) describes my feelings on Friday.

You know what happens when three gay man is together
    :heavydrink:
    markku1
    Chief Petty Officer

by markku1 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:37 am

gnoff_the_creep wrote:
    markku1 wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:I was going to go to Copenhagen for the Kill Town Deathfest on Friday, but my flight was cancelled. SAS offered me another flight that would've taken me to Copenhagen around 11pm on Friday night with a five-hour layover in Stockholm. Fuck that, I wasn't going to spend the entire day at the airport and arrive in Copenhagen after all the bands had played, no.

You know what happens when three gay man is together
    :heavydrink:

Being gay means you're very happy, right?

Well gnoff what happend to copenhagen stay copenhagen
    :lol:
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:18 pm

My passport expires in Jan 2014--guess I should get on that

:shock:
    9 Time Vet.
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:41 am

I dont wanna go home :-( post festival depression.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:54 pm

New suit???

Solid!
    9 Time Vet.
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:45 am

I just had my first Computer Science class this week. Looks promising, but now I've got to take care of my first ever post-college homework assignment.
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:42 pm

Gaaah!!! This place (forum) is a ghost town!! (I blame Andy's silence ;) )
    ....maybe I'll check back in a month or so from now...
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:02 pm

Laura wrote:Gaaah!!! This place (forum) is a ghost town!! (I blame Andy's silence ;) )
    ....maybe I'll check back in a month or so from now...

:cry: :cry:

We'll probably still be without announcements. :lol: :lol:
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:06 pm

Jaimie38 wrote:New suit???

Solid!

Burn it! Burn it now!!
    well, at least it matches your carpet.
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:16 am

Sam Black Church are playing their first show in 6 years on Dec 29 in Boston (of course) and, sans a miracle, there's no way I can make it... dang
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:22 am

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this yet, but I've started a programming class in a Harvard Extension program. I'm really into it, and for once, I'm itching to start my homework. The problem is, my homework has to be submitted electronically and I can't do my homework until I figure out this convoluted Harvard Account homework submission system. I've been cursing nonstop while at my desk, trying to figure out how to submit my damn homework.

Furthermore, I need to sign up for a mandatory section review, but that also needs to be done online, and my browser keeps failing to find the webpage when I enter the address. Seriously, if I fail this class because of the internet, I'm going to be pissed.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:56 pm

I'll make my 3000th post in the bitching thread. So, my random bitch of the day:

UMC.
    Wishlist:
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:26 pm

-2°C this morning. Had to scrape the windshield. It's still September, dammit!

:bitch: :bitch: :bitch:
    Wishlist:
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:27 pm

Oh, and I went to a dentist yesterday and got an appointment for next Tuesday for some root canal fun.

:bitch: :bitch: :bitch:
    Wishlist:
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:55 am

And time for a rant about work stuff.

So, I recently completed a portion of a project on-site. Long story short, there is more work to be done, and the our customer is going back and forth on when exactly we can proceed. That decision kept me in limbo in the office, unable to fully commit to any big projects or anything like that. Customers finally got back to us and have slated us to complete the work later in the year. So, I'm finally more open to commit to other things. My company decided to send me to help out for a job we can going on in Toronto. Initially, I was told to expect to head into the great white north this past Monday. I've been in limbo all week, basically in the same work situation as I previously was. It's fairly annoying, as I've been on-deck to leave virtually any day now, and I'm fully expecting it to be the sort of thing where I have but a few hours notice to actually go. So I've had to make no plans, and am kinda taking things day-by-day.
    None of this is MY company's fault, so I'm not upset with anyone on our end about this. The only thing I am upset with on our end of things is, I expressed that I have a wedding to attend at the end of next week, in Milwaukee. The supervisor that is overseeing this particular project didn't seem to completely care about that aspect, which is fairly unusual, as I've gotten to know this company is very caring about personal matters. I can't help but think on the negative side of things and am fully expecting to be forced to miss the event.

First world problems, right?
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    APaleHorseNamedDeath-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Ataraxie-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-DoomVS-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-Ea-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-FatesWarning-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Hypocrisy-/-Krypts-/-Kull-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-Loss-/-Luna-/-TheManEatingTree-/-Monolithe-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Profetus-/-Prong-/-RedMoonArchitect-/-Remembrance-/-RevelationsOfRain-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saille-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-SolitudeAeturnus-/-Strigoi-/-TombofFinland-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-WhoDiesInSiberianSlush-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Bloodbath-/-DarkTranquillity-/-DeathAngel-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-InVain-/-Kalmah-/-Kataklysm-/-Kreator-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonspell-/-MyDyingBride-/-Månegarm-/-OctoberTide-/-ParadiseLost-/-RottingChrist-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-SymphonyX-/-Thyrfing
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:02 pm

So on top of getting kicked out of After Earth, my main band Apprentice decided to call it quits over the weekend, since everyone (other than me) is so busy with school. So...yeah. Ladies, I'm back on the market!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:49 pm

Stained Class wrote: Ladies, I'm back on the market!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Beware Joey, the "market" is a scary place :lol: Sucks about Apprentice, the Prince of Persia stuff you guys did was really cool. Think you'll look for other people to get into a band with or just focus everything into your thrash project with Dave?
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:09 pm

vikingbitch wrote:

Beware Joey, the "market" is a scary place :lol: Sucks about Apprentice, the Prince of Persia stuff you guys did was really cool. Think you'll look for other people to get into a band with or just focus everything into your thrash project with Dave?

Actually I'm gonna move to Vancouver and start a band there. The Prince was all mine anyways, so it will see the light of day eventually. Part 2 was Aaron's. Hopefully he'll start a band when he's done school cus he had some really good stuff too. As far as looking for other people to be in a band with, Calgary is all dried up. There are no drummers and bassists are scarce. There's no shortage of guitarists but that doesn't really help me.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:52 am

Planes departing 06:05 and airport taxis picking up at 0420. :bitch:
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:46 am

Stained Class wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:

Actually I'm gonna move to Vancouver and start a band there. The Prince was all mine anyways, so it will see the light of day eventually. Part 2 was Aaron's. Hopefully he'll start a band when he's done school cus he had some really good stuff too. As far as looking for other people to be in a band with, Calgary is all dried up. There are no drummers and bassists are scarce. There's no shortage of guitarists but that doesn't really help me.

You are not allowed to move to Vancouver. NO.

My bitch: I spent all of yesterday being lectured that I should never date another metal head, ever, ever again. :evil:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
  • Post Reply 8854 posts