Post Reply 8697 posts
Random bitching thread
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

Re: Random bitching thread

by KDibildeaux » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:40 am

mooyagi wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:Well no, I've never driven there. But I seriously doubt that any city in the US has worse driving than any city in Mexico (pissed about being cut off? try even a small city in Mexico, see what happens when you put on a turn signal :lol: ). Add this to the natural mexican driving rudeness (honking is always present, turn signals are rarely used, tail gating is normal practice).http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUKnGHBM ... re=related Seriously doubt Boston comes close ;), though I'm not saying you don't have asshole drivers

I'll watch the video when I get home this evening and really wouldn't be surprised if Mexico City makes Boston look like kids' play. However, everything you've described sounds exactly like Boston. With Boston add in narrow streets and complete confusion because the road layout makes no fucking sense whatsoever.

Either way, it's probably better than India. I remember watching the Ice Road Truckers special when they drove out in India and I could not believe how the driving was there :shock: those poor Canadians (and one American) were in waaaay over their heads

The downtown areas in mexican cities usually have really tiny streets. Here I use google maps for everything, in Mexico I don't bother. Note to self, if ever going to Boston, do not rent car :). Is the public transportation decent, at least?

Hahah Ice Road Trucking through India does sound scary. I have a healthy respect for truckers in general. We have them come in to deliver reagents and stuff and while unloading the truckers usually tell me all kinds of stories :lol: . Usually quite a bit of TMI
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    shaneos
    Chief Petty Officer

by shaneos » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:42 am

From what I remember of the public transport in Boston is was very extensive and cheap too compared to other cities.
    Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.
    shaneos
    Chief Petty Officer

by shaneos » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:43 am

This video always give me a bit of a chuckle, Nashville drivers at their best. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT9iL6cxGQ8
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:49 am

KDibildox wrote:The downtown areas in mexican cities usually have really tiny streets. Here I use google maps for everything, in Mexico I don't bother. Note to self, if ever going to Boston, do not rent car :). Is the public transportation decent, at least?

Oh public transport is great! Can take the subway pretty much anywhere you'd need to go and it is fairly cheap. Only thing is you gotta hop on a shuttle bus to the airport if I'm not mistaken but even that's not bad. No need to own a car in that city :cool:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:52 am

The only thing is that the subway and buses don't run very late so you'd have to cab it home after a night on the town. I still believe it's the taxicab mafia holding the city hostage from extending their hours :lol:
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:54 am

mooyagi wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:The downtown areas in mexican cities usually have really tiny streets. Here I use google maps for everything, in Mexico I don't bother. Note to self, if ever going to Boston, do not rent car :). Is the public transportation decent, at least?

Oh public transport is great! Can take the subway pretty much anywhere you'd need to go and it is fairly cheap. Only thing is you gotta hop on a shuttle bus to the airport if I'm not mistaken but even that's not bad. No need to own a car in that city :cool:

I love subways! good to know there's good public transportation. Here in Tucson is sucks, you almost have to have a car (or live really close to where you want to go)
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:54 am

mooyagi wrote:The only thing is that the subway and buses don't run very late so you'd have to cab it home after a night on the town. I still believe it's the taxicab mafia holding the city hostage from extending their hours :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:04 pm

shaneos wrote:From what I remember of the public transport in Boston is was very extensive and cheap too compared to other cities.

yeah, I loved Public transport there... monthly bus/subway pass and the world was yours (except when I needed to get to shows at St. John's Gym in Clinton, the only time I needed rides
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CemeterySkyline-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-Souldrainer-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-Stortregn-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:10 am

As far as I can tell, these are the traffic laws in Brazil. 1) Only use the gas, and only to floor it. 2) Roads are just a guideline. (Evidently stop signs and lights get in the way, so they've been removed.) 3) There is a "hit 3 pedestrians" minimum on ANY trip.

Strangely, Prague was fairly similar.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:15 am

I've never anyhwre in my lifetime where you could get by on public transportation.

Long Island for 29 years = suburbia = no car and you're screwed between getting to work or doing anything else.

Orlando 9+ years = same thing

The wife and I both agree, while it seems fun to live "downtown" in a big city like Manhattan, etc., we'd tire of that real fast and want to go back to reality after a few weeks.

Guess we are so conditioned to having our own car and going where we want at any second of the day, would be hard to give that up :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:20 am

shaneos wrote:This video always give me a bit of a chuckle, Nashville drivers at their best. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT9iL6cxGQ8

:lol: :lol: :lol: Black ice suuuuucks.

KDibildox wrote:Well no, I've never driven there. But I seriously doubt that any city in the US has worse driving than any city in Mexico (pissed about being cut off? try even a small city in Mexico, see what happens when you put on a turn signal :lol: ). Add this to the natural mexican driving rudeness (honking is always present, turn signals are rarely used, tail gating is normal practice).http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUKnGHBM ... re=related Seriously doubt Boston comes close ;), though I'm not saying you don't have asshole drivers

:lol: That's quite the clusterfuck of cars. Couldn't really tell how that intersection was set up. Clearly, there's no rules against blocking it :roll: Definitely wouldn't wanna be stuck in that.
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:16 am

yeah, me neither! everytime I'm in Mexico City (which will be from Monday night to Wednesday :mrgreen: ) I'm amazed to survive the cab rides :lol:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:25 am

KDibildox wrote:yeah, me neither! everytime I'm in Mexico City (which will be from Monday night to Wednesday :mrgreen: ) I'm amazed to survive the cab rides :lol:

One of my friends showed me video of a cab ride he took in China. Scary shit. He has some stories from India too :lol: We have it much better than the poor drivers out there
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:33 am

mooyagi wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:yeah, me neither! everytime I'm in Mexico City (which will be from Monday night to Wednesday :mrgreen: ) I'm amazed to survive the cab rides :lol:

One of my friends showed me video of a cab ride he took in China. Scary shit. He has some stories from India too :lol: We have it much better than the poor drivers out there

I get the impression from the cab drivers in Mexico that they love weaving in and out of traffic :lol: they always seem so happy
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:42 am

KDibildox wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

I get the impression from the cab drivers in Mexico that they love weaving in and out of traffic :lol: they always seem so happy

Speaking of bad cab rides. I almost threw up on my way to the hostel after the cruise. The fucking guy did not know how to properly step on the brake. He always had to slam it every time. He'd stomp on the gas, then slam the brake really quick, then stomp on the gas again and slam again. Just pick a fucking speed and stick with it asshole :roll:
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:39 am

It's IndyCar weekend here.. I like racing esp F1 and Indy-as well as rally, etc... not Nascar.
    I support the race very year, and help the charities out by drinking lots of beer :beerwink:
    Every year, it gets worse and worse--no events,no cool parties(only one for non-race people). the crowd is just endless, toothless white trash.

I'm not even goinf to the final race today--I'll just watch it on TV. There's nothing to do--used to be lots of great events to do, but budget restraints have kyboshed that)

the only cute women are the promo fluffs that get their pics thken with creepy old men..

I guess going to Monaco and Montreal have ruined the atmosphere of racing for me. it's a great track and I have seats in the First Corner. I know ther're aren't many race fans here, but I love it, and hate that my home town can't do a better job in putting it on. I f you want people to fly in and spend tourist money--keep the trailer in the trailer park.

Danm...jus trealized I still have a beer ticket from yesterday...... :evil:

oh well... I'll go to my pub to see good looking girls!
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    shaneos
    Chief Petty Officer

by shaneos » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:53 am

I hate ghetto gas stations. Just because I happened to stop there to get my fuel does not mean I want crack and/or ho's.

What makes it worse is the brush in the median strip decides to spontaneously combust from the heat while I'm in the middle of pumping the gas as well.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:23 pm

shaneos wrote:I hate ghetto gas stations. Just because I happened to stop there to get my fuel does not mean I want crack and/or ho's.

What makes it worse is the brush in the median strip decides to spontaneously combust from the heat while I'm in the middle of pumping the gas as well.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Please tell me you have pics of said gas station
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:56 pm

Need to pack, man, I hate packing! though it should be easy, since it's only two nights and the plan is carry on.
    shaneos
    Chief Petty Officer

by shaneos » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:04 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    shaneos wrote:I hate ghetto gas stations. Just because I happened to stop there to get my fuel does not mean I want crack and/or ho's.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Please tell me you have pics of said gas station

Lol, I'll see if I can get a happy snap next time I go by. It's not the place I generally whip out a camera for a pic.
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:07 pm

KDibildox wrote:Need to pack, man, I hate packing! though it should be easy, since it's only two nights and the plan is carry on.

Where are you going?
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:13 pm

vikingbitch wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:Need to pack, man, I hate packing! though it should be easy, since it's only two nights and the plan is carry on.

Where are you going?

Mexico City, to see Anathema :D
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:15 pm

KDibildox wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:

Where are you going?

Oh awesome!! Going with friends or on your own?
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:29 pm

vikingbitch wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:Where are you going?

Oh awesome!! Going with friends or on your own?

On my own. Sadly the fact that it's on a Tuesday is making it hard for my friends that would come. Will probably run into my ex and his cousin, though.
  • AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:12 am

Can't sleep :evil:
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:55 am

KDibildox wrote:I get the impression from the cab drivers in Mexico that they love weaving in and out of traffic :lol: they always seem so happy

Maybe they're deriving comfort from the fact that if they get in a wreck, they won't die alone. They'll be taking someone with them.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:11 pm

That must be it! :lol:

Why did I get boarding zone 5 if I checked in exactly 24 hrs before the flight and have a seat in row 13? Wah.... At least I only have a backpack with me so if all the over head space is taken it'll fit under my seat.

Also, there's a kind of annoying guy who I catch staring at meevery time I look up. Grrr. Maybe I'm just in his direct line of sight but it's still awkward
  • AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:12 pm

I got like 4 hours of sleep last night then had a really long and difficult day at work. :evil: Want beer...
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:13 pm

AlaskaRachel wrote:I got like 4 hours of sleep last night then had a really long and difficult day at work. :evil: Want beer...

I have that very same problem :evil:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:14 pm

KDibildox wrote:That must be it! :lol:

Why did I get boarding zone 5 if I checked in exactly 24 hrs before the flight and have a seat in row 13? Wah.... At least I only have a backpack with me so if all the over head space is taken it'll fit under my seat.

Also, there's a kind of annoying guy who I catch staring at meevery time I look up. Grrr. Maybe I'm just in his direct line of sight but it's still awkward

He's in the mood for tacos ;)
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:18 pm

mooyagi wrote:

Lol, well he is going to Mexico, so I'm sure he'll find some cheap and tasty on the streets :lol:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:21 pm

KDibildox wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

Lol, well he is going to Mexico, so I'm sure he'll find some cheap and tasty on the streets :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
  • Fatum11
    Chief Petty Officer

by Fatum11 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:22 pm

I'm tempted to unplug my earphones and start a music war with the boys on the other side of the partition at work :twisted:

If only the charity group didn't sit behind me :roll:
    Draconian-Samael-Opeth-Nightwish-Be'lakor-DevinTownsend-Orphandland-Doom:vs-Eluveitie-NovembersDoom-Epica-Apocalyptica-Haggard-Kamelot-Insomnium-LethianDreams-TheForeshadowing-AmonAmarth-CellarDarling-Moonspell-NeObliviscaris-RottingChrist-SepticFlesh-SwallowTheSun-Sabaton-Saturnus-Rammstein-OctoberTide-ISON-Triptykon-FleshgodApocalypse-Wolfheart
  • AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:30 pm

Well I fell asleep way too early tonight, then woke up 2 hours later, wide awake, when I normally go to sleep. So I'll be up all night again :evil:
    I guess on the bright side, I'll make a lot of headway in my book...
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:07 am

My throat is so sore after all the screaming, drinking, smoking, partying of the last two weeks :( I think I'm getting sick.

I also have a post Tuska depression, I don't want to work, I want to go back to Finland :cry:

No more festivals this summer, no interesting concerts until october, the weather sucks... I feel so miserable today :(
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
  • AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:33 am

MadameLePink wrote:My throat is so sore after all the screaming, drinking, smoking, partying of the last two weeks :( I think I'm getting sick.

I also have a post Tuska depression, I don't want to work, I want to go back to Finland :cry:

No more festivals this summer, no interesting concerts until october, the weather sucks... I feel so miserable today :(

I'm so jealous that you have such easy access to these amazing concerts. I was in a horrible funk after I saw Ensiferum and Finntroll, so I can't imagine what post-Tuska funk is like.
    You can just spend you time on the forum all day! Like me! :mrgreen:
    (I don't have interesting concerts until October either...)
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:40 am

AlaskaRachel wrote:
    MadameLePink wrote:My throat is so sore after all the screaming, drinking, smoking, partying of the last two weeks :( I think I'm getting sick.

I'm so jealous that you have such easy access to these amazing concerts. I was in a horrible funk after I saw Ensiferum and Finntroll, so I can't imagine what post-Tuska funk is like.
    You can just spend you time on the forum all day! Like me! :mrgreen:
    (I don't have interesting concerts until October either...)

Yes, I guess I'll drown my sorrows in this forum :mrgreen: :heavydrink:

I just found out that there's a small festival in november in Germany with Ensiferum, Moonsorrow and Týr, so my mind is already planning :cool: But I hate the fact that there's never anything good in Denmark. It costs lots of money to have to travel out of the country every time!
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    Maso
    Petty Officer

by Maso » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:56 am

Post Tuska depression :(
    2012 - offshore
    2013 - Survivor
    2014 - Survivor
    2015 - booked and paid

Wishlist:
    Girlie & tech death
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:15 am

We should all go to post Tuska counselling :mrgreen:

Beer and bananas!
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:46 am

gnoff wrote:Haha!

Well you see doc, I want to get drunk with a bunch of metalheads, listening to random bands and generally taking not very good care of myself. What's wrong with my?
    Well, you clearly go to too few festivals, get a ticket ASAP!

Exactly :mrgreen:

The social security system should pay for our festival tickets in order to keep us healthy and happy ;)

Beer and bananas!
Post Reply 8697 posts