Post Reply 8854 posts
Random bitching thread
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

Re: Random bitching thread

by X-Thor » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:03 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:Summer of 2011 while the forum was incredibly active, at one point during a long announcement drought I had proposed a forum boycott, just 1 day when nobody posted on the forum to show UMC we were serious... well, one Spambot went Bayshore crazy while we were away and made like 1000 posts haha... I think the next day we got an announcement though

This totally sounds like our Skipper.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:50 pm

CaptOblivious wrote:its the steam summer sale :cry:

Yup...

Dammit... :whisky:
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    APaleHorseNamedDeath-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Ataraxie-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-DoomVS-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-Ea-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-FatesWarning-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Hypocrisy-/-Krypts-/-Kull-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-Loss-/-Luna-/-TheManEatingTree-/-Monolithe-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Profetus-/-Prong-/-RedMoonArchitect-/-Remembrance-/-RevelationsOfRain-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saille-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-SolitudeAeturnus-/-Strigoi-/-TombofFinland-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-WhoDiesInSiberianSlush-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Bloodbath-/-DarkTranquillity-/-DeathAngel-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-InVain-/-Kalmah-/-Kataklysm-/-Kreator-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonspell-/-MyDyingBride-/-Månegarm-/-OctoberTide-/-ParadiseLost-/-RottingChrist-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-SymphonyX-/-Thyrfing
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:56 am

Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:42 pm

vikingbitch wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:One of these days I'm going to announce a 'full scale US tour' and play 2 shows in California. Just to spite all the bands that call 2 shows in Toronto and Montreal a 'Canadian tour'

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Went onto facebook to see my ex had posted a giant rant about love and about me. Saying that I was weak when things got tough. I was incredibly tempted to reply: "By tough do you mean when you tried to belittle my intelligence and integrity by manipulating me into becoming a hermit with an eating disorder and marry you as soon as possible? Then support you for the rest of my fucking life feeling the burden of an albatross around my neck oh 28 year old man that still lives with his parents?"

So I'm posting it here. :lol:

Seriously, I hate people so much lately.

BE GLAD he revealed his awful true self and that you're not WITH him anymore! BLAH! You and I need to talk lady. I have some stories. Probably related ones!
    Last edited by WizardBeast on Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:43 pm

Jaimie38 wrote:2 days with TheGout. Fuck. Hours wait at the MediCentre. Missing work.Pre Long Weekend.
    Why aren't crutches sold anywhere???

Gotta start taking care of myself--getting too old for this shit!

Not again! :cry: :cry: :cry: Sorry Jaimie! Hope you're getting better.
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:56 am

WizardBeast wrote: Not again! :cry: :cry: :cry: Sorry Jaimie! Hope you're getting better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y1GJa8f798

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks!
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:10 pm

Stained Class wrote:You'll get used to it.

PFFFF! i still make typos all the time - sometimes I have to try 3-4 times just for one single character :D
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:37 pm

last_candle wrote:

PFFFF! i still make typos all the time - sometimes I have to try 3-4 times just for one single character :D

I use Swiftkey, it's like swype but even better. It does all the work for me so I don't need to worry about typos haha.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:09 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    last_candle wrote:

I use Swiftkey, it's like swype but even better. It does all the work for me so I don't need to worry about typos haha.

Didn't think I'd ever say this, but for once, I actually appreciate there being a voice option. I've never liked voice-operated stuff, but compared to a touch pad, it's so much easier to just narrate what I want to text.
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:04 pm

Apparently some wires got crossed with my boss when we talked about the September schedule. I'm SUPPOSED to be off the 4th for the Fleshgod show, and off the 5th to fly to Atlanta for Progpower. Somehow, I got scheduled to work BOTH of these days :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: I have no idea what I'm going to do about this if I can't trade these shifts; I'm going to plead for someone to trade/take these shifts, but it's not likely to happen :cry: I might end up looking for a REALLY early flight to Atlanta on the 6th, there is NO way I'm missing Progpower :evil:
    I want what we've never had!

Hypocrisy-IHSAHN-Primordial-GrandMagus-Powerwolf-Myrath-Hell-Opeth-Borknagar-Leprous-SteelPanther-Voyager
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:56 pm

Daenerys wrote:Apparently some wires got crossed with my boss when we talked about the September schedule. I'm SUPPOSED to be off the 4th for the Fleshgod show, and off the 5th to fly to Atlanta for Progpower. Somehow, I got scheduled to work BOTH of these days :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: I have no idea what I'm going to do about this if I can't trade these shifts; I'm going to plead for someone to trade/take these shifts, but it's not likely to happen :cry: I might end up looking for a REALLY early flight to Atlanta on the 6th, there is NO way I'm missing Progpower :evil:

Argh... that sucks, I hope something works out
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:47 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    Daenerys wrote:Apparently some wires got crossed with my boss when we talked about the September schedule. I'm SUPPOSED to be off the 4th for the Fleshgod show, and off the 5th to fly to Atlanta for Progpower. Somehow, I got scheduled to work BOTH of these days :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: I have no idea what I'm going to do about this if I can't trade these shifts; I'm going to plead for someone to trade/take these shifts, but it's not likely to happen :cry: I might end up looking for a REALLY early flight to Atlanta on the 6th, there is NO way I'm missing Progpower :evil:

Argh... that sucks, I hope something works out

Indeed!
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    APaleHorseNamedDeath-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Ataraxie-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-DoomVS-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-Ea-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-FatesWarning-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Hypocrisy-/-Krypts-/-Kull-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-Loss-/-Luna-/-TheManEatingTree-/-Monolithe-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Profetus-/-Prong-/-RedMoonArchitect-/-Remembrance-/-RevelationsOfRain-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saille-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-SolitudeAeturnus-/-Strigoi-/-TombofFinland-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-WhoDiesInSiberianSlush-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Bloodbath-/-DarkTranquillity-/-DeathAngel-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-InVain-/-Kalmah-/-Kataklysm-/-Kreator-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonspell-/-MyDyingBride-/-Månegarm-/-OctoberTide-/-ParadiseLost-/-RottingChrist-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-SymphonyX-/-Thyrfing
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:50 pm

It's TOO FUCKING HOT :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:37 am

Nobody's home on weekends here. Or perhaps it's a result of no activity from the promoters. :?
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:46 am

Blackfhyre wrote:It's TOO FUCKING HOT :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:

I hear ya, It rained here finally so the temp is much less hellish now. When the humidity is high enough, sweat stops evaporating to cool you off!

BELL 'WARRANTY' RANT:

So... my phone got broken at the start of this month. No big deal since I have a Bell warranty for replacements etc (or so I thought). The family plan I'm on is in my father's name so I have no authority to make changes. Shit happens! My dad took my Blackberry into the store to ask about a replacement (as per warranty) and this is where the trouble started. I have a Torch and assumed that I would be getting another Torch. They tell my father they don't have it but they'll send me a Curve that is 'just about the same'. My dad is in his mid 60's and while he's a smart guy, he doesn't know enough about phones to know what 'about the same' even means, so he gave them the green light to send me the Curve. After letting me know, I looked up the phone and compared it side by side with my Torch and to my horror I discovered that the Curve I'm being sent is anything but 'the same'!!! It's inferior in almost every way. The best features (compared to my old Torch) were as follows:

-Almost 20% more battery power. Who cares?
    -11mm shorter. Whatever.
    -QWERTY keyboard.
    -A radio! (The one new thing I do happen to like)
    -Can be used as wifi hotspot. Who cares? I'll never use that. Simple net is fine.
    -More apps (that I'll never download).
    -32g lighter. Like anyone's weighing it!
    -2mm narrower.
    -Stereo speakers. Cause I'm just dying to turn my cellphone into a boombox...
    -Voice commands. "Call dad" "Did you say... call Pizza Pizza?" "No... CALL DAD." "Dialing Fred." (Irritating, useless feature!!!)

Basically, a whole lot of nothing that I have to pay 150$ for with a warranty! I'm thinking they must have totally seen my dad coming and assumed he wouldn't know any better if they supplied him with a downgrade. Or they think I'm 13 years old or something and won't find out since I didn't accompany him to the store. It just sounds really scammy to me. This is nothing a polite complaint can't fix. So, I gather all the evidence I can (tables that compare specs side by side, reviews) to explain to them that I know this isn't an equivalent phone and I'm NOT sending my old one back until I know I'm getting a solid replacement. They put us on the line with the company (which isn't Bell at all, it's really a manufacturers warranty) who heard us out then apologized and offered me a Bold 9900 instead, which is a great phone. Sweet. Everything is perfect then, right?

You would think so :roll:.

A crummy Curve arrived from the original claim and we set it aside to mail back to them. A couple days later the second new phone arrived in the mail, but when I opened it it was another Curve by mistake!!! Unbelievable! We went back to the Bell store a third time, talked to the company AGAIN and they swear it was someone in the warehouse who must have screwed up cause the order definitely said "X... y... z....". They're trying really hard to purposely only send out shitty replacement phones these days. I shouldn't be surprised, I guess...

My new phone should arrive tomorrow. Not getting my hopes up though.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:31 am

Malaka wrote:Nobody's home on weekends here. Or perhaps it's a result of no activity from the promoters. :?

We're home! Hell, we were in Glendale yesterday
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Ingrid
    Petty Officer

by Ingrid » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:31 pm

Flat tire (bike) again!!!
    Now it's time to wait untill public transport start to be able to get to work :bitch:
    www.metal-exposure.com
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:06 am

Gnoff's gone :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:57 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Gnoff's gone :(

:cry:
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):

Wishlist (Repeats):
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:14 pm

I learned a few things at my cousins wedding yesterday:

1. Never drink scotch straight from the bottle. Ever, ever again.

2. If I ever get married, don't invite my family to the wedding. They are far too redneck to handle it. Even though yesterdays events of multiple screaming matches during the reception and inappropriate speeches were kind of tame historically speaking for weddings my family have had.

3. Do not attempt to console a bride. If her wedding was ruined, not a damn thing you can say will make her feel better about it and its just best not to risk getting her more worked up over it.

4. For future weddings held in a Church with my family, especially if my grandfather is around, its best just to suck down the bile in my throat from disgust that I'm recanting lines like "Lord is good" like a zombiefied sheep during the ceremony. Be a sheep next time.

5. Keep at least a meter distance when walking anywhere with my Dad. He's clumsier than I am and that's saying something. Far too dangerous.
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:40 am

Damn girl, that sounds like one hell of a wedding :lol: All the weddings I've been to with the exception of one have been super lame. My cousin is getting married in November, and he's the other black sheep in the family besides myself (metalhead who owns a tattoo shop :D ) so I'm hoping that one might be fun.
    I want what we've never had!

Hypocrisy-IHSAHN-Primordial-GrandMagus-Powerwolf-Myrath-Hell-Opeth-Borknagar-Leprous-SteelPanther-Voyager
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:50 am

Daenerys wrote:Damn girl, that sounds like one hell of a wedding :lol: All the weddings I've been to with the exception of one have been super lame. My cousin is getting married in November, and he's the other black sheep in the family besides myself (metalhead who owns a tattoo shop :D ) so I'm hoping that one might be fun.

:lol: I know. I actually was a good buffer for some of it though just not good enough, my parents and I had tried really hard to keep anything from breaking out - at least it didn't evolve into a fist fight like what happened at my parents reception for their wedding :lol: Was actually quite funny, my brother and I don't usually get along but we had stuck together for a good chunk of the wedding and were complaining to each other how we were blatantly the black sheep of the family, out doing our Dad with his mullet haha.

Think your cousin will have any metal type themes in his wedding? Oh man, I want to go to heavy metal themed wedding. That would be amazzzing :lol:

By the way how was Metaldays? I don't think I've seen you post about it in here yet
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:46 am

vikingbitch wrote:
    Daenerys wrote:Damn girl, that sounds like one hell of a wedding :lol: All the weddings I've been to with the exception of one have been super lame. My cousin is getting married in November, and he's the other black sheep in the family besides myself (metalhead who owns a tattoo shop :D ) so I'm hoping that one might be fun.

:lol: I know. I actually was a good buffer for some of it though just not good enough, my parents and I had tried really hard to keep anything from breaking out - at least it didn't evolve into a fist fight like what happened at my parents reception for their wedding :lol: Was actually quite funny, my brother and I don't usually get along but we had stuck together for a good chunk of the wedding and were complaining to each other how we were blatantly the black sheep of the family, out doing our Dad with his mullet haha.

Think your cousin will have any metal type themes in his wedding? Oh man, I want to go to heavy metal themed wedding. That would be amazzzing :lol:

By the way how was Metaldays? I don't think I've seen you post about it in here yet

Marlo, sounds like hoot! I have zero connection with my family, so I haven't been exposed to that. Brian posted a great pic that Steph took at MetalDays of our favourite chainmail Santa! Passed out smoke in hand.. :lol:
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:46 pm

Wow Marlo - that was quite a post about the wedding!! :shock: :P

I've probably said bits & pieces of the following here on this forum before, but here goes.... :P
    How someone envisions their wedding day/marriage is highly unique and personal depending on the individual (and often this goes back to childhood - dare I say especially for girls because of our culture, e.g. Disney Princesses, fairy tales & such). My own vision from a young age was fairly non-traditional, that is - I had zero interest in a "traditional" wedding (the kind I was familiar with growing up...meaning fancy wedding dress, tuxes, church ceremony, elaborate cake, bridesmaids & groomsmen with their special clothes, rented venue for the reception, elaborate invitations, seating charts/table cards, hiring djs/bands/photographers, sit-down meal, and so on)....not sure why exactly but I never did, I just didn't want all that fuss & formality. And perhaps most important, I long felt that the ceremony or the moment per se when two people become a couple (legally) is ideally a very private one....therefore my husband & I eloped in 1989 after knowing each other five years. Celebrating the fact that the marriage happened afterwards in an informal, party way was wonderful (and we had a few smallish celebratory parties with our closest friends & family within the month we were married) - there was zero stress, relatively little planning & cost involved and it was all so mellow and relaxed and suited us. The key word here is what suits you, not what suits others or some vision of what you think you should do. Haha - I think my husband had it easy that I felt the way I did since childhood - because he felt the same way....and at the risk of sounding totally sexist ;) - I think it's more the women (of course there are some men who want all that too) who want the "Wedding" with a capital W and all its trappings.

Having said all that, I meant no disrespect to people who choose different wedding style paths. ;) And since we have two teenage daughters who on occasion muse about their own wedding vision, I *never* "diss" what they say and what is appealing to them - why would I? They may be my children, but they are not me.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:12 am

Damn, I really do hate Android. :bitch:

Ok, sure, I managed to get Debian to run on my tablet, but the Ubuntu GUI seems to take a lot more work, mostly because the kernel Android uses is old and lacks some of the features needed. Ugh.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:01 am

Laura wrote:Wow Marlo - that was quite a post about the wedding!! :shock: :P

I've probably said bits & pieces of the following here on this forum before, but here goes.... :P
    How someone envisions their wedding day/marriage is highly unique and personal depending on the individual (and often this goes back to childhood - dare I say especially for girls because of our culture, e.g. Disney Princesses, fairy tales & such). My own vision from a young age was fairly non-traditional, that is - I had zero interest in a "traditional" wedding (the kind I was familiar with growing up...meaning fancy wedding dress, tuxes, church ceremony, elaborate cake, bridesmaids & groomsmen with their special clothes, rented venue for the reception, elaborate invitations, seating charts/table cards, hiring djs/bands/photographers, sit-down meal, and so on)....not sure why exactly but I never did, I just didn't want all that fuss & formality. And perhaps most important, I long felt that the ceremony or the moment per se when two people become a couple (legally) is ideally a very private one....therefore my husband & I eloped in 1989 after knowing each other five years. Celebrating the fact that the marriage happened afterwards in an informal, party way was wonderful (and we had a few smallish celebratory parties with our closest friends & family within the month we were married) - there was zero stress, relatively little planning & cost involved and it was all so mellow and relaxed and suited us. The key word here is what suits you, not what suits others or some vision of what you think you should do. Haha - I think my husband had it easy that I felt the way I did since childhood - because he felt the same way....and at the risk of sounding totally sexist ;) - I think it's more the women (of course there are some men who want all that too) who want the "Wedding" with a capital W and all its trappings.

Having said all that, I meant no disrespect to people who choose different wedding style paths. ;) And since we have two teenage daughters who on occasion muse about their own wedding vision, I *never* "diss" what they say and what is appealing to them - why would I? They may be my children, but they are not me.

You put beautifully into words how I feel about weddings :lol:.

I've never understood the female drive to get married asap in life in a massive luxurious ceremony fit for a total princess. The wedding with a capital "W" indeed!!! Why is this such a big deal to some girls?! I don't know. I hate getting dressed up, ceremonies KILL ME, and frankly I'd be way too anxious and screw up my 'lines'... It would be a disaster in my eyes. The money poured into one uncomfortable fancy wedding day just isn't worth it to me. If I ever get married it'll be extremely nontraditional and casual, If I want to do a proper ceremony some time in the future I see no reason why I couldn't save that for a renewal of vows at 10+ years or something when things are more set in stone.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
    Castroh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Castroh » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:42 am

I got a terrible case of the Mondays today! Corporate America go fuck yourself!!! :bitch:
    2012 - 2019 Survivor
    2020 - Yup!
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:03 am

Krys wrote:
    Laura wrote:Wow Marlo - that was quite a post about the wedding!! :shock: :P

You put beautifully into words how I feel about weddings :lol:.

I've never understood the female drive to get married asap in life in a massive luxurious ceremony fit for a total princess. The wedding with a capital "W" indeed!!! Why is this such a big deal to some girls?! I don't know. I hate getting dressed up, ceremonies KILL ME, and frankly I'd be way too anxious and screw up my 'lines'... It would be a disaster in my eyes. The money poured into one uncomfortable fancy wedding day just isn't worth it to me. If I ever get married it'll be extremely nontraditional and casual, If I want to do a proper ceremony some time in the future I see no reason why I couldn't save that for a renewal of vows at 10+ years or something when things are more set in stone.

I have mixed feelings. As best man, I loved giving the speech and eating the cake, but didn't like anything else.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:42 am

Girl I was seein' and really care A LOT about left me cause the singer of Arsis was flirting with her at a show and she decided to date him. Seein' them together at the Wintersun show Wednesday night was hard... but I know how these things work and already know he's a dude that gets busy with groupies all over... Thursday night in Chicago he was with another chick... a photo was even sent to me.
    Well, here's the dilemma: if I show her and prevent her from bein' more hurt later on down the road, it's almost certain she'll be irrationally mad at me and I'd somehow be the bad guy for it... but if I don't show her I'd feel really guilty when she gets hurt worse eventually.
    it's selfish but I don't want to be the bad guy... but I don't wanna see her hurt bad even though she hurt me...
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:53 am

Not trying to sound insensitive but didn't you just go through this recently?
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:49 am

Stained Class wrote:Not trying to sound insensitive but didn't you just go through this recently?

This is her

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:55 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:Not trying to sound insensitive but didn't you just go through this recently?

This is her

I see. What did you do last time? Try doing the opposite maybe?
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:00 am

Stained Class wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:

This is her

I see. What did you do last time? Try doing the opposite maybe?

Last time? It's more like... I saw it coming and tried to warn her before... I ended up being right and then this literally just happened in the last couple nights proving I was also right about him...

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:09 am

^^^ that is a tough one Bill - but part of me thinks ya gotta "let sleeping dogs lie" on this one and leave it for her to find out on her own or from someone else - preferably the guy himself. I agree with you that most likely *you* will end up "the bad guy* if you tell her yourself even though you only mean to help. She's probably all starry and googoo-eyed thinking "yay! someone in a band really likes me" and therefore she is not thinking clearly & rationally... in other words, perhaps a (hopefully) temporary state of self-delusion. Does she really think she is "special" to a guy in a band who goes on tour? The whole groupie thing is as old as dirt - hello? I recently read Ann & Nancy Wilson's (Heart) latest autobiography and they told of their early years in the band and how the guys in the band were screwing around every chance they got when they were on tour - and a few were even married and one had kids if I remember correctly. There is nothing sacred on the road so it seems.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:32 am

It's also possible that deep down she knows he's grouping and she (a) doesn't care or (b) lies to herself.

Whatever the reason, if you tell her, you will end up being the bad guy and will get to gratitude.

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:25 am

So, I'm still at the office. About to leave, though. Tonight was the farewell party of two friends who went to study their PhDs to USA and I missed it. :evil:

--
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:44 am

I can't believe I'm going to expend one iota of time & energy on this subject....but it struck my last nerve -
    What the hell was that Mylie Cyrus debacle the other night?? I honestly think that is about the worst thing I've seen - so totally awful on so many levels I don't even know where to begin. What a piece of shit, zero talent, waste of space trashbag she is. :roll:
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:19 pm

ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:21 am

Laura wrote:I can't believe I'm going to expend one iota of time & energy on this subject....but it struck my last nerve -
    What the hell was that Mylie Cyrus debacle the other night?? I honestly think that is about the worst thing I've seen - so totally awful on so many levels I don't even know where to begin. What a piece of shit, zero talent, waste of space trashbag she is. :roll:

Is that you, Laura? I think this is the first time I've ever heard (read?) even a morsel of vitrol from any of your posts. Anyway, it seems like everyone's attacking her for that performance right now. So far, I only know that it happened thanks to the internet. What was she performing at? Was it some special event?
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:52 am

The Canadian government apparently quietly passed a law that will make bar owners have to pay $275 per PERSON for foreign bands playing. That includes management and crew so one band can easily cost an extra 2000 dollars per show per band. There are protests and stuff going up right now. Canadians should sign this for what it's worth:
    https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... me-150-fee

Even though it will probably get ignored. There are people in Calgary working to talk to their MP's, I hope it's enough. Fucking Canadian government...seems like they're trying to kill the music scene. This is AFTER Animals As Leaders, The Atlas Moth, Arkona, etc had to cancel their Canadian dates because they couldn't get in.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
Post Reply 8854 posts