Post Reply 16 posts Page 1 of 1
ShipRocked can't be making things any easier
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

ShipRocked can't be making things any easier

by deathmetalpat » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:44 pm

I noticed a few people have made mention of the fact that ShipRocked is leaving from Miami the day before.Most of them have focused on hotel rooms ,their boat sucks and other things.But I wonder who much trouble this has made for 70k.How many soundboards are just laying around.stage rigging,and the crew needed to set up and take apart this stuff.Plus last years call for sound people in January has to be even worse now because of over-lapping cruises.Kinda of a dick move by ShipRocked IMAO ,especially since they knew the date of 70k and decided to ShitRock right over top of it.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

Re: ShipRocked can't be making things any easier

by Malaka » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:31 am

One has nothing to do with the other. I highly doubt anyone is on the fence between going on this cruise and that cruise.

"I don't know bro, should I go see Carcass, Swallow The Sun, and D.R.I.... or Five Finger Death Punch and In This Moment?" :lol:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:06 am

If you read his post, he is not saying that Person A is going to go to Shiprocked instead of 70k!

What he is saying, is that, LOGISTICALLY it will make things harder for 70k as you are going to have two heavy-music cruises leaving Miami on the SAME. DAY.

So there is going to be extra demand on stage technicians, sound technicians, equipment at the dock for getting lighting rigs and stages etc on broad.

It is indeed a valid point.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:12 am

Shouldn't be any more of a problem than it has in years' past. You worry too much man. :|
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:29 am

I do not see it being a problem.
    Not really any different than two bands going on tour at the same time.
    Just because Metallica or Rammstein goes on tour does not mean all other bands have to wait till their done before they go on tour. Things will be fine.
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:47 am

The only thing I think will be significantly affected by the Shiprocked cruise is the prices for accomodation. So I'd recommend booking a hostel/hotel soon (real soon, not UMC soon :P ).
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:03 pm

cowboy71 wrote:If you read his post, he is not saying that Person A is going to go to Shiprocked instead of 70k!

What he is saying, is that, LOGISTICALLY it will make things harder for 70k as you are going to have two heavy-music cruises leaving Miami on the SAME. DAY.

So there is going to be extra demand on stage technicians, sound technicians, equipment at the dock for getting lighting rigs and stages etc on broad.

It is indeed a valid point.

At least someone takes time to think something though :wank: ,yes this is my point.Plus does anyone know about how ShipRocked works?They have a concert on Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas,(a whole stage!,rigging ,lights and everything) do they pull this off the ship,set up and break down another stage or is this a fixture of the Island.As for this not being a problem before ,well it wasn't because no other cruise out of Miami was using gear this week.Once this stuff is on the ship nobody can use it but them that week.(This seems so logical but I wonder about people sometimes.)All this means competition and that raises prices,I actually think the ShipRocked promoter did this on purpose.Plus some of these rumors about 70k cancelling might be coming from Shiprocked Street-teams looking to push business his way.I know their is not a lot of overlap but if just 25 people did this ,that would be about $35,000 in revenue for the a couple of hours work by some assclown in his parents basement.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:14 pm

Looking at the ShipRocked lineup, it occurs to me that these must be the same people who tried to set up the failed Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Cruise last year. BTW, any cruise with FFDP headlining will NOT have me going! The only bands on that cruise who I think would be potential 2014 70000 Tons candidates are Sevendust and Scorpion Child.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:32 pm

X-Thor wrote:The only thing I think will be significantly affected by the Shiprocked cruise is the prices for accomodation. So I'd recommend booking a hostel/hotel soon (real soon, not UMC soon :P ).

You mean this is the first time there's a boat leaving on one day and the next the day after? :P
    Seriously, there are hundreds of hotels in Miami (and the surrounding area) and I guess they're used to having many boats leaving even on the same day, so I think we're good with accommodation. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:35 pm

I see Aaron has moved this to Off Course. Does that count as an announcement? :lol:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:49 pm

Memnoch wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:The only thing I think will be significantly affected by the Shiprocked cruise is the prices for accomodation. So I'd recommend booking a hostel/hotel soon (real soon, not UMC soon :P ).

You mean this is the first time there's a boat leaving on one day and the next the day after? :P
    Seriously, there are hundreds of hotels in Miami (and the surrounding area) and I guess they're used to having many boats leaving even on the same day, so I think we're good with accommodation. :beerwink:

I would imagine (basedon no evidence at all) that 70K/Shiprocked attracts more international travellers who stay in hotels the weekend before and after the cruise, compared with regular cruises...
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:03 pm

Lacuna Coil have had to withdraw from performing Shiprocked due to "serious personal family matters".

And in a truly bizarre and foreign concept that UMC would fail to understand, Shiprocked posted the news on their Facebook at around the same time as Lacuna Coil posted it.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:01 am

cowboy71 wrote:And in a truly bizarre and foreign concept that UMC would fail to understand, Shiprocked posted the news on their Facebook at around the same time as Lacuna Coil posted it.

The nerve! How dare they post at the same time as Lacuna Coil? Preposterous!
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:29 am

NuuX wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:And in a truly bizarre and foreign concept that UMC would fail to understand, Shiprocked posted the news on their Facebook at around the same time as Lacuna Coil posted it.

The nerve! How dare they post at the same time as Lacuna Coil? Preposterous!

Damn right!! If they followed the UMC "How To Run A Metal Cruise" Operations Manual, they would know that the requisite behaviour in a situation like this is to wait several weeks AFTER the band announces they are cancelling, allow the paid up passengers to fret/worry/speculate for a while, and THEN announce that they have withdrawn.

Amateurs *shakes head*
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:45 am

Oh and on top of that...

...removing then from the website the same day??? MADNESS!!!

Keep them up there for at least another month - you might get some unsuspecting additional bookings from people thinking that the band are still playing!

Wow these Shiprocked peeps have no idea how to run a metal cruise.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:09 am

god what a fucking awful lineup! So few bands on such a massive ship. Hopefully their fans don't follow the douchbaggery of the artists, if they are going to be hanging around Miami
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin
Post Reply 16 posts Page 1 of 1