Post Reply 32 posts Page 1 of 1
What's your last and next non-metal show?
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

What's your last and next non-metal show?

by AstridDragon » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:21 am

Just curious what else my fellow metal-heads listen to and go choose to see live!

My last show was NGHTMRE and my next is Hijinx festival:

Last metal was Korpiklaani/Arkona and next is Gwar!
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

Re: What's your last and next non-metal show?

by cegr80 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:54 pm

Last show: Alex Skolnick Trio. Some good jazz there.
    Next show: Steven Wilson
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:58 am

cegr80 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:54 pm Last show: Alex Skolnick Trio. Some good jazz there.
    Next show: Steven Wilson
    Oh awesome! I like jazz but don't listen enough. Gonna have to check that out =]
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:05 pm

I also enjoy celtic & irish music, but it is hard to find live shows of such around here. Flamenco is nice as well
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:50 pm

Last non-metal show: Moonrunner83, Purity and Control, and a couple other local synthwave acts
    Next one: Unclear at this point. Maybe Cold Cave. Maybe something local. Maybe I won't go to any non-metal shows until Mechanismus in Seattle (ok, that one's unlikely)

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:30 pm

I watched the Taylor Swift live Reputation tour thingy on Netflix. Does that count? :lol:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:16 am

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:30 pm I watched the Taylor Swift live Reputation tour thingy on Netflix. Does that count? :lol:
    No
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:38 am

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:30 pm I watched the Taylor Swift live Reputation tour thingy on Netflix. Does that count? :lol:
    No but honestly I think I'd go see her live. She's great.

The crowd at that though... I cannot even imagine.
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:27 pm

Non-metal?

Last: Zebra for NYE (they're more rock than metal)
    Next: MORC (not considered metal either probably lol)
    Survivor 2019,2020,2023,2024/Wishlist...
    A.Sound.Of.Thunder/Accept/Ad.Infinitum/Aether.Realm/Alabama.Thunderpussy/Amaranthe/Anthrax/Arch.Enemy/Art.Of.Anarchy/At.The.Gates/Avantasia/Avatar/Burning.Witches/Cattle.Decapitation/Corrosion.Of.Conformity/Crowbar/Dark.Tranquillity/Death.Angel/Death.Dealer.Union/Deathless.Legacy/Devin.Townsend/Dragony/Dream.Theater/Edguy/Elegant.Weapons/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Exhorder/Exodus/Fates.Warning/Goatwhore/Haken/Hammerfall/Havok/Helloween/Hellscore/Jinjer/Kerry.King/King.Diamond/King's.X/Kobra.and.the.Lotus/Lacuna.Coil/Mercyful.Fate/Meshuggah/Metal.Church/Moonspell/Mors.Principium.Est/Myrath/Napalm.Death/Ne.Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Northern.Kings/Opeth/Orphaned.Land/Overkill/Paradise.Lost/Persefone/Powerwolf/Queensryche/Rage/Raven/Ravenous.EH/Riot.V/Sabaton/Scardust/Scorched.Moon/Seven.Spires/SIGH/Skiltron/Solemn.Vision/Sonata.Arctica/Soto/Stratovarius/Subway.to.Sally/Suicidal.Tendencies/Svartsot/Symphony.X/Testament/The.Black.Dahlia.Murder/The.Hu/The.Unity/Tribunal/Trouble/Twilight.Force/Unleash.The.Archers/Van.Canto/Within.Temptation
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:00 am

I love Zebra. Would have loved to see that show. Wish they would make it back to Houston some day.

toby wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:27 pm Non-metal?

Last: Zebra for NYE (they're more rock than metal)
    Next: MORC (not considered metal either probably lol)
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:37 am

Mine was a local band called The Glorias (60's & 70's style rock). But as the bass player is my father in law and I'm more or less their official videographer, I was more occupied monitoring the 10 cameras we used to capture their concert then the actual gig.
    Besides that the last non-metal show was either The Hooters or Scooter.

The next one will be Erste Allgemeine Verunsicherung.
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:18 pm

Amalu wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:37 am [...]
    right! I better get a ticket for the show in June before it gets sold out as well!
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:13 pm

Amalu wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:37 am Mine was a local band called The Glorias (60's & 70's style rock). But as the bass player is my father in law and I'm more or less their official videographer, I was more occupied monitoring the 10 cameras we used to capture their concert then the actual gig.
    Besides that the last non-metal show was either The Hooters or Scooter.

Pop/Austro Pop/Pop Rap huh? Sounds interesting

I'm going to Coheed and Cambria the day I get back from the cruise, ha.
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:59 pm

AstridDragon wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:13 pm Pop/Austro Pop/Pop Rap huh? Sounds interesting
    With highly satirical and political lyrics. Great fun.
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:12 am

Amalu wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:59 pm
    AstridDragon wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:13 pm Pop/Austro Pop/Pop Rap huh? Sounds interesting
    With highly satirical and political lyrics. Great fun.
    Oh, I'm very interested! Awesome.
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:54 pm

Last: Elton John this past December
    Next: Bob Seger in May
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:12 am

last: Erste Allgemeine Verunsicherung (= the EAV show mentioned before)
    next: wouldn't know - hopefully, I'll finally make it to Amy Macdonald this year...
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:40 pm

mbob wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:54 pm Last: Elton John this past December
    Bob those are awesome!
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:39 pm

I have wanted to see them in concert and since they are both doing farewell tours I had/have to go now or never. I will also be seeing Jimmy Buffett in June!

AstridDragon wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:40 pm
    mbob wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:54 pm Last: Elton John this past December
    Bob those are awesome!
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:11 am

mbob wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:39 pm I have wanted to see them in concert and since they are both doing farewell tours I had/have to go now or never. I will also be seeing Jimmy Buffett in June!
    I wonder if those are for real farewell tours. I've seen a bunch of artists do "last tours" and then... have another one 6 months to a year later, ha.

Personally I just saw Coheed and Cambria with Foxing, the day after the cruise. Next is Excision and various other EDM.
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:27 pm

I'd presume comedy shows count as non-metal?

We've got tickets to see Lewis Black sometime in early March, and Patton Oswalt sometime in May. So stoked to see Patton!
    13-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    AeonianSorrow-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Arð-/-Avantasia-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Clouds-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-FatesWarning-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Godthrymm-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Konvent-/-Krypts-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-LightFieldReverie-/-Loss-/-TheManEatingTree-/-MarianasRest-/-Monolithe-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Primordial-/-RedMoonArchitect-/-Remembrance-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saille-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-Sojourner-/-Strigoi-/-TempleOfVoid-/-TombOfFinland-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-Winterfylleth-/-WoeUntoMe-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-/-Wormwood

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Bloodbath-/-Candlemass-/-DeathAngel-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-InVain-/-Kalmah-/-Kampfar-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-ParadiseLost-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing-/-Tiamat-/-Vreid
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:20 pm

nekrobarr wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:27 pm I'd presume comedy shows count as non-metal?

We've got tickets to see Lewis Black sometime in early March, and Patton Oswalt sometime in May. So stoked to see Patton!
    I was thinking music more, but why not! (I think Bo Burnam would be a great candidate for this!)

I don't know Lewis Black but Patton Oswalt, wow!
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:01 pm

AstridDragon wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:20 pm
    nekrobarr wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:27 pm I'd presume comedy shows count as non-metal?

I was thinking music more, but why not! (I think Bo Burnam would be a great candidate for this!)

I don't know Lewis Black but Patton Oswalt, wow!
    Lewis is pretty funny, a lot of political and social commentary, but it's so angry! Plenty of youtube clips and a few of his specials are on Netflix, I believe.

For Patton, I think we ended up getting like 4th row, or something seemingly close to the stage. I'm honestly more excited about that than any other show this year, metal or otherwise. Except for the cruise, of course!
    13-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    AeonianSorrow-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Arð-/-Avantasia-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Clouds-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-FatesWarning-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Godthrymm-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Konvent-/-Krypts-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-LightFieldReverie-/-Loss-/-TheManEatingTree-/-MarianasRest-/-Monolithe-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Primordial-/-RedMoonArchitect-/-Remembrance-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saille-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-Sojourner-/-Strigoi-/-TempleOfVoid-/-TombOfFinland-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-Winterfylleth-/-WoeUntoMe-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-/-Wormwood

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Bloodbath-/-Candlemass-/-DeathAngel-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-InVain-/-Kalmah-/-Kampfar-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-ParadiseLost-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing-/-Tiamat-/-Vreid
  • BiffMeatslab
    Wiper

by BiffMeatslab » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:31 pm

Last was 311 and Offspring Never Ending Summer tour
    Next isn't decided yet, haven't committed tickets to Dave Chappelle, Patton Oswalt, Rolling Stones, or Weird Al yet. At least as far as announced shows, I know 311 will tour again this summer.
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:51 am

BiffMeatslab wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:31 pm Last was 311 and Offspring Never Ending Summer tour
    Next isn't decided yet, haven't committed tickets to Dave Chappelle, Patton Oswalt, Rolling Stones, or Weird Al yet. At least as far as announced shows, I know 311 will tour again this summer.
    Can I vote for Weird Al? I just love him so much!
  • BiffMeatslab
    Wiper

by BiffMeatslab » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:27 am

AstridDragon wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:51 am
    BiffMeatslab wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:31 pm Last was 311 and Offspring Never Ending Summer tour
    Totally. I saw him in 2011 or 2012, he walked through the audience during one song and we met eyes, which I think is safe to say means he and I are best friends now.
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:44 am

BiffMeatslab wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:27 am
    AstridDragon wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:51 am
    Totally. I saw him in 2011 or 2012, he walked through the audience during one song and we met eyes, which I think is safe to say means he and I are best friends now.
    It is known.

Hm, if you've seen him already and haven't seen some of the others, go see them!
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:40 am

---and I'm just about to order tickets for Jimmy Carr; unfortunately, I can't go to Dylan Morran three weeks later...
    wishlist '25:
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:11 am

last_candle wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:40 am
    ---and I'm just about to order tickets for Jimmy Carr; unfortunately, I can't go to Dylan Morran three weeks later...
    Not with that attitude you can't, my friend!
    13-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Tiki108
    Petty Officer

by Tiki108 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:20 am

Stabbing Westward last night in Orlando. I can't really think of any coming up after that though.
    70K: 2014, 2020
    MDF: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    Summer Breeze: 2014, 2015
    Party.San: 2015
    ProgPower: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
    Trveheim: 2018

2024_Wishlist:

Probably skipping again :cry:
      last_candle
      Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:47 am

nekrobarr wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:11 am
      last_candle wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:40 am
      Not with that attitude you can't, my friend!
      you mean my I-cannot-clone-myself-attitude? ;)
      wishlist '25:
    • metalforever
      Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:03 am

I saw the Rolling Stones which were great !
      Try not to laugh , but I would like to see KISS again !
      :cheers:
    Post Reply 32 posts Page 1 of 1